Sign in to follow this  
t.j

How is your school doing in the NFL draft?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/school/FL

Florida Gators

picked

1.16 DE Jarvis Moss to Denver

1.21 S Reggie Nelson to Jacksonville

3.34 DE Ray McDonald to San Francisco

4.22 DT Marcus Thomas to Denver

4.36 DT Joe Cohen to San Francisco

still available

MLB Brandon Siler, OLB Earl Everett, QB Chris Leak, WR Dallas Baker, HB DeShawn Wynn, CB Ryan Smith, CB Reggie Lewis

Was really happy to see Moss and Nelson go in the middle of the first round. I think Nelson will be a great pro. I was starting to think Moss might fall out of the first round. Happy about Ray McDonald too.

Really surprised, though, that Siler and Everett haven't been picked yet. A couple of stud linebackers that will make a team very happy, hopefully in the 5th round. Not surprised Thomas and Cohen went in the 4th. Ryan Smith probably made a mistake coming out this season instead of returning for another year.

The main thing, though, I'm disappointed to see all these guys going to Denver and San Francisco! It will suck to have to root against these guys.

Not an LSU fan but man were they all over the first round! 1.1, 1.6, 1.23, and 1.30!

LSU

1.1 Russell, JaMarcus QB 6-6 263 Oakland

1.6 Landry, LaRon FS 6-2 205 Washington

1.23 Bowe, Dwayne WR 6-2 217 Kansas City

1.30 Davis, Craig WR 6-7 207 San Diego

Ryan Smith probably made a mistake coming out this season instead of returning for another year.

:dunno:

I'm starting to think Siler maybe made a mistake coming out this year too. They needed room on the field so Spikes can play this year, but it wouldn't have hurt to have Silers experience help along the new guys this coming season. I'm completely shocked he hasn't been picked up yet... I thought for sure he was at least a 2nd round pick.

Texas

Griffin, Michael FS 6-0 195 1.19 Tennessee

Ross, Aaron CB 6-1 192 1.20 N.Y. Giants

Blalock, Justin OT 6-4 329 2.39 Atlanta

Crowder, Tim DE 6-4 271 2.56 Denver

Robison, Brian DE 6-2 266 4.102 Minnesota

Brown, Tarell CB 5-11 192 5.147 San Francisco

Texas

Griffin, Michael FS 6-0 195 1.19 Tennessee

Ross, Aaron CB 6-1 192 1.20 N.Y. Giants

Blalock, Justin OT 6-4 329 2.39 Atlanta

Crowder, Tim DE 6-4 271 2.56 Denver

Robison, Brian DE 6-2 266 4.102 Minnesota

Brown, Tarell CB 5-11 192 5.147 San Francisco

Very nice. I thought Robison might go earlier after the impressive combine he had. Ross, Huff, Michael Griffin, and Cedric Griffin, WOW did the Longhorns have an awesome secondary in '05!

Cal Poly:

We got the Defensive player of the year in D-1 AA.

His name is Kyle Shotwell, a damn good OLB that will be good in any 3-4.

HOWEVER, we've had the Defensive player of the year the last 2 years and both of those players have been busts in the NFL....so I don't think any team is eager to draft Shotwell.

Maybe in te 7th.

:banana:

I'm starting to think Siler maybe made a mistake coming out this year too. They needed room on the field so Spikes can play this year, but it wouldn't have hurt to have Silers experience help along the new guys this coming season. I'm completely shocked he hasn't been picked up yet... I thought for sure he was at least a 2nd round pick.

Well, Ryan Smith got picked in the 6th round so he is doing better than Siler. Honestly I'm not sure Smith would have gone much higher if he came back for next year, he is so small and not blazingly fast either, just a great ball hawk.

I am utterly shocked that Siler and Everett are still there. I wonder if there is an injury situation or something that we don't know about. I'm really pulling for Leak, Wynn, and Baker too, I hope they get drafted.

USC had a pretty good draft, only 5 players that nfl.com expected to get picked, but they all have teams now, three of them went in the 2nd round. (The two WRs and Kalil.) Speaking of WRs, who'd have thought Notre Dame wouldn't have one picked yet? Obviously the big guy is going to play baseball, but it seemed like Rhema McKnight's stock was rising, and he hasn't been taken yet. I wasn't too high on him though so I am not too surprised.

Chandler (iowa TE) went really late i saw... i think someone got a steal their as i think he's very underrated... he's got size and good hands for a TE...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/school/FL

Florida Gators

picked

1.16 DE Jarvis Moss to Denver

1.21 S Reggie Nelson to Jacksonville

3.34 DE Ray McDonald to San Francisco

4.22 DT Marcus Thomas to Denver

4.36 DT Joe Cohen to San Francisco

Being a Niners fan, I'm interested in your take on McDonald and Cohen. Having completely shut down OSU in the BCS Championship, I'm presuming they're not too shabby?

Dallas Baker is a Steeler and DeShawn Wynn is a Packer. :D

Being a Niners fan, I'm interested in your take on McDonald and Cohen. Having completely shut down OSU in the BCS Championship, I'm presuming they're not too shabby?

Two big, versatile players. Both played DE and DT, moving around based on the team's need. Neither one was a part of the Troy Smith sack parade, but most of the year Florida's strength was run defense, and they were a big part of that.

Clemson

1.04 Gaines Adams

3.96 Anthony Waters - great pick. Will be a stud and would've been round 1 had he not sat out all year with an ACL.

5.139 Dustin Fry - quality big man - probably a G at this level.

5.159 CJ Gaddis - great athlete but never excelled at any position. He went from QB to CB to S to CB.

Still left

Chansi Stuckey - could be a solid slot guy

Nathan Bennett - could be a solid G

Dallas Baker is a Steeler and DeShawn Wynn is a Packer. :dunno:

Two big, versatile players. Both played DE and DT, moving around based on the team's need. Neither one was a part of the Troy Smith sack parade, but most of the year Florida's strength was run defense, and they were a big part of that.

Thanks. I was more referring to the fact that OSU couldn't run the ball on Florida, and this helps explain why. :sleep:

The Colts drafted three guys alone from The Ohio State U. That says something about the Buckeyes.

Total listing by Alpha:

Alabama 3; Alabama A&M 1; Alabama St. 1; Albany, N.Y. 1; Akron 1; Arizona 4; Arizona St. 2; Arkansas 4; Arkansas St. 1; Auburn 5; Baylor 2; Boise St. 4; Boston College 2; Brown 1;

BYU 1; Cal Poly 1; California 4; Central Arkansas 1; Central Connecticut St. 1; Central Michigan 3; Cincinnati 2; Clemson 5; Coastal Carolina 1; Colorado 2; Colorado St. 1;

Connecticut 1; Delaware 1; East Carolina 1; Elon 1; Florida 9; Florida International 2; Florida St. 5; Fresno St. 4; Georgia 4; Georgia Tech 2; Hampton 1; Hawaii 5; Houston 1;

Illinois 1; Illinois St. 1; Iowa 3; Iowa St. 1; Kansas St. 3; Kent St. 1; Lane 1; LSU 5; Louisiana-Monroe 1; Louisiana Tech 1; Louisville 4; Maine 1; Marshall 1; Maryland 2; Memphis 1;

Miami 5; Miami (Ohio) 1; Michigan 7; Michigan St. 3; Minnesota 1; Missouri 1; Missouri Southern 1; Mississippi 2; Mississippi St. 1; Nebraska 4; Nevada 1; New Hampshire 1; New Mexico 1;

Nicholls St. 1; N.C. Central 1; N.C. State 3; Northern Illinois 2; Notre Dame 7; Ohio St. 8; Oklahoma 3; Oklahoma St. 2; Oregon 3; Oregon St. 2; Penn St. 5; Pittsburgh 3; Portland St. 1;

Purdue 2; Rutgers 3; San Jose St. 2; South Carolina 2; South Florida 1; Southern Cal 5; SMU 1; Stanford 3; Syracuse 2; Tennessee 6; Texas 7; TCU 2; Texas Tech 3; Towson 1; Troy 1; UCF 1;

UCLA 1; UNLV 1; Utah 2; UTEP 2; Virginia 2; Virginia Tech 3; Wake Forest 2; Washburn 1; Washington 4; Washington St. 2; Western Oregon 1; Whitworth 1; Wingate 1; Wisconsin 1; Wisconsin-Whitewater 1; Wyoming 1.

The University of Minnesota has a football team?! :dunno:

Ol' Bryan Cupito didn't get drafted? Color me shocked. I just saw him walking down the hall a few days ago with a Gophers helmet in his hand.

Also, Matt Spaeth went in the third.

I was hoping some team would take a late round flyer on Chris Leak... but I'm not surprised that none did. :dunno:

5 drafted, 5 in FA camps, not bad for Hawaii! :lol:

I was hoping some team would take a late round flyer on Chris Leak... but I'm not surprised that none did. :lol:

According to a sign at the Auburn-Florida game, he eats boogers.

I don't think anyone from Temple University has been drafted yet in this millennium.

Guest Davaco

no one was drafted from the university of phoenix online :thumbsup:

Ol' Bryan Cupito didn't get drafted? Color me shocked. I just saw him walking down the hall a few days ago with a Gophers helmet in his hand.

Also, Matt Spaeth went in the third.

:banana:

I'll admit it, I only follow Gopher hockey. I went to some of the football games when I was there for undergrad a few years ago, and they were pretty bad. Its not just that the team stunk (they did), but it just wasn't that fun for some reason. About the only thrill I got from it was when the Patriots drafted Maroney.

Anyway, I know they fired the coach and they are getting the on-campus stadium, so things should be looking up for them. :dunno:

:blink:

I'll admit it, I only follow Gopher hockey. I went to some of the football games when I was there for undergrad a few years ago, and they were pretty bad. Its not just that the team stunk (they did), but it just wasn't that fun for some reason. About the only thrill I got from it was when the Patriots drafted Maroney.

Anyway, I know they fired the coach and they are getting the on-campus stadium, so things should be looking up for them. :thumbsup:

Man, if you thought they were pretty bad when they had Maroney, you should have been there in the Jim Wacker days. I hung around with a bunch of football players and going to watch them play was pretty much the only reason I went to games. But damn, were the tickets cheap! I paid $36 for my season tickets three years in a row.

Cal Poly:

We got the Defensive player of the year in D-1 AA.

His name is Kyle Shotwell, a damn good OLB that will be good in any 3-4.

HOWEVER, we've had the Defensive player of the year the last 2 years and both of those players have been busts in the NFL....so I don't think any team is eager to draft Shotwell.

Maybe in te 7th.

Its too bad because Shot well would be a perfect name for an NFL player, or a vice president.

Man, if you thought they were pretty bad when they had Maroney, you should have been there in the Jim Wacker days. I hung around with a bunch of football players and going to watch them play was pretty much the only reason I went to games. But damn, were the tickets cheap! I paid $36 for my season tickets three years in a row.

You paid for tickets? :shocking:

You paid for tickets? :shocking:

Yes. I shouldn't have, because I could have gone to a ton of free games, what with the aforementioned dudes I knew on the team.

9. Ted Ginn WR

32. Anthony Gonzalez WR

3rd Quinn Pitcack DL

4th Antonio Pittman RB

5th Jay Richardson DE

5th Roy Hall WR

5th Troy Smith QB

6th Doug Datish C

below average year for 1st day picks :dunno:

Texas is my school and did very well. Please note, however, that Texas A&M had fewer picked than Towson, Brown, Central Florida and many others. In fact, not a single player was drafted from A&M :dunno:

Miami (OH)

Ryne Robinson WR 4th round to Carolina.

no one was drafted from the university of phoenix online :(

:lol:

No one was drafted from Ottawa U either

My school (Bama)

:( lost 5 in a row to AUBURN :lol:

:wears fear the thumb shirt:

:lol:

no one was drafted from the university of phoenix online :(

:(

UCLA produced Justin Medlock.....kicker

Your welcome NFL

North Carolina did not have a player drafted this year for the first time since 1970. I know the Heels are not thought of as a football school, but I think that was close to a record. :banana: