Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

My ex-company wants to meet with me Friday

Got a call from my former boss last night. Not the boss of the company I was laid off from in December. My boss from '97-2004. He said there's a management opening that hje thinks I may be interested in. I meet with him at 11:00 AM Friday.

I think it may be time, fellas. I didn't really want to go back there, but seven months is a long time. I'll keep looking for something better, but I'm probably going to accept it.

On the sad note, I have a feeling that this will set me back at least three years on the pay scale. :wave: :overhead: That will be the main topic of our discussion on Friday.

The good thing is, it is a recession-proof company.

Good, we need more tax payers to support leaches like Jerryskids and Patsfatboy. :wave:

Good, we need more tax payers to support leaches like Jerryskids and Patsfatboy. :overhead:

The first day I start working I'm going to start ragging on the government teet-posters. :wave:

If you get this job, will you be posting less here?

in that case, maybe you should get a job, eh pasty?

Got a call from my former boss last night. Not the boss of the company I was laid off from in December. My boss from '97-2004. He said there's a management opening that hje thinks I may be interested in. I meet with him at 11:00 AM Friday.

I think it may be time, fellas. I didn't really want to go back there, but seven months is a long time. I'll keep looking for something better, but I'm probably going to accept it.

On the sad note, I have a feeling that this will set me back at least three years on the pay scale. :overhead: :dunno: That will be the main topic of our discussion on Friday.

Glad to hear it Newbs. Ain't nothing wrong with continuing to look while you take some much-needed paychecks from these guys. :wave:

Congrats on your internship. You do realize that's it's only for 6 months, right?

No matter what, people want their burgers and fries. :wave:

The first day I start working I'm going to start ragging on on the government teet-posters. :wave:

Welcome to the Republican party :overhead:

No matter what, people want their burgers and fries. :music_guitarred:

:cry:

that joke never gets old

Got a call from my former boss travis henry last night. Not the boss of the company I was laid off from in December. My boss, from '97-2004. He said there's a management opening that hje thinks I may be interested in. I meet with him at 11:00 AM Friday.

On the sad note, I have a feeling that this will set me back at least three years on the pay scale. :music_guitarred: :cry: That will be the main topic of our discussion on Friday.

fix

in that case, maybe you should get a job, eh pasty?

Boy, yer sure are funny Cletus...

On the sad note, I have a feeling that this will set me back at least three years on the pay scale. :cry: :( That will be the main topic of our discussion on Friday.

That's funny, I was reading the other day how the economy had hit the pron industry pretty hard. It's good to know there's work out there again for fuffers. congrats on getting the old gig back.

:music_guitarred:

Good, we need more tax payers to support leaches like Jerryskids and Patsfatboy. :music_guitarred:

Thanks newbster! :cry:

I'm pretty-much interviewing them.

So this recession proof company needs you that badly? How come they weren't knocking down your door 7 months ago, when you became a free agent?

On the sad note, I have a feeling that this will set me back at least three years on the pay scale. <_< :wall: That will be the main topic of our discussion on Friday.

In a situation like yours, if you can get within 20% of your previous pay I say take the job.

Good luck,

Uh-huh

So this recession proof company needs you that badly? How come they weren't knocking down your door 7 months ago, when you became a free agent?

For starters, three weeks after I was laid off, I ran into the warehouse manager and he offered to hire me on the spot. I left teh comoany because they were known to have their salaried employees work 50-55 hours and be very stinguy with pay raises. I told him that I would think about it, but I never called him back.

Two weeks ago, I stopped in to see him and th plant manager spotted me. He asked how everything wass going and I told him that I wasn't working. He said 'Oh my God. I have the perfect opening'. The guy doing the position-in-question has met a woman online and is moving to Florida. I am already somewhat familiar with his job responsibilities and am obviously familiar with the company since I worked there for 7-8 years. He leaves for Fla. at the end of august.

Glad it's all working out for you.

The guy doing the position-in-question has met a woman online and is moving to Florida.

You use to work with Big Pete?

I'm pretty-much interviewing them.

What industry if you don't mind me asking????

For starters, three weeks after I was laid off, I ran into the warehouse manager and he offered to hire me on the spot. I left teh comoany because they were known to have their salaried employees work 50-55 hours and be very stinguy with pay raises. I told him that I would think about it, but I never called him back.

Two weeks ago, I stopped in to see him and th plant manager spotted me. He asked how everything wass going and I told him that I wasn't working. He said 'Oh my God. I have the perfect opening'. The guy doing the position-in-question has met a woman online and is moving to Florida. I am already somewhat familiar with his job responsibilities and am obviously familiar with the company since I worked there for 7-8 years. He leaves for Fla. at the end of august.

That's great. And they guy in the job now is a total loser.

and this is where the dating to job analogy breaks off.

its easier to get a job when you have one already. it means some company wants you and you are being productive even in a job that may not be what you want. not having a job for 7 months could leave room for the recruiter to think you are playing hard to get or have bad references or something like that.

in dating, it is never a good idea to have a girlfriend while looking for another girlfriend... :dunno:

You use to work with Big Pete Edjr?

Fixed

and this is where the dating to job analogy breaks off.

its easier to get a job when you have one already. it means some company wants you and you are being productive even in a job that may not be what you want. not having a job for 7 months could leave room for the recruiter to think you are playing hard to get or have bad references or something like that.

in dating, it is never a good idea to have a girlfriend while looking for another girlfriend... :unsure:

What are you smoking? You know darn well that a wedding ring is the biggest aphrodisiac to a lot of chicks. :dunno:

That's great. And they guy in the job now is a total loser.

Why? He was 55 years-old and single. He met a piece of ass and is going to be with her. He was there when I worked there previously. Pretty cool dude.

NewbieJr is an apprentice stock boy. He frequently drives a FALEDOZER.

Why? He was 55 years-old and single. He met a piece of ass and is going to be with her. He was there when I worked there previously. Pretty cool dude.

Well, 55 might be okay.

But leaving your job to move to another state with some biotch you met online smacks of desperation.

Well, 55 might be okay.

But leaving your job to move to another state with some biotch you met online smacks of desperation.

i think it went well for BP and saw... :unsure:

Schutt Sports.

Football equipment reconditioning. They do thousands of high schools in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York area. Plus hundreds more in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, etc. They have the accounts of six or seven NFL teams as well as quite a few colleges. After their seasons, teams send in all of their helmets and shoulder pads to be reconditioned. The helmets are all stripped and repainted and decaled. It's very lucrative and it's a special niche that not many do. Plus, the economy would have to get pretty bad for schools to discontinue their football programs, which is the only money-making sport for most schools.

I always say, there is no greater indicator of success than the ability to smell used jock straps all day, and get paid for it. :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised that Newbie is going to be buffing helmets?

Let me be the first to recognize this posting excellence. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it Newbs. Ain't nothing wrong with continuing to look while you take some much-needed paychecks from these guys. :wall:

:lol: Yup that says it all! Take, not EARN your paycheck :lol: Wiff sure knows about not earning his paycheck :(