Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Parents @ my stepdaughter's school irate

My 9 year old stepdaughter just started the 4th grade, and we were vaguely aware that her school would be playing Obama's address to school kids but my daughter never mentioned it. So anyway, my wife gets a call tonight from an irate member of the PTA (my wife is also a member).

My stepdaughter's teacher is out for a few weeks because his wife just gave birth. The class has a sub in the meantime who my SD hates - says she's always hollering at the class and I've noticed this woman does not give out any homework whatsoever. Anyway, this member of the PTA tonight calls my wife to inform her of the sub's lesson plan today about Obama, which partly involved discussing reasons why people don't like the president, and the teacher claimed (to a room full of fourth graders) that one reason is because he's black. The member of the PTA is rightly infuriated and wants other parents to know what's going on because she intends to bring this issue to the principal tomorrow. I've since confirmed that this dialogue did in fact take place in my daughter's class.

I'm torn. I voted for Obama and I firmly believe that one reason some people don't like him IS because of race. On the other hand, I can't imagine a grown woman being so dumb as to open up this can of worms with a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds and just based on that galling lack of common sense I'm considering going down to the school myself to complain. I'm also just disgusted that we're at a place politically where we're arguing politics with elementary school kids.

Sheesh, what a total mess. :first:

• Sad 1

I'm torn.

I hope you get torn by a pack of wolves. And I hope that the wolves are retarded so it takes a while.

I suppose it depends on how she said it.

I have no problem acknowledging that some people don't like Obama because he's black.

But it should be stressed that it's one reason SOME people don't like Obama, rather than one reason why people in general don't like Obama, and that it should NEVER be assumed that a person is racist just because he doesn't like Obama.

That discussion is totally inappropriate for a 4th grade classroom and had nothing to do with the speech.

I’m not sure irate is the correct response, but there was no need to discuss the politic exchange going on in our country. The focus should have been on the messiah’s message (just kidding, that was for RP). Before you burn her at the stake though, remember that 4th grade children tend to exaggerate and invert responsibility. It is just as possible that a student asked “why” people don’t like the president, and she said there are different reasons, and another student said “black”, and she just agreed that was one reason. Leading discussions can be a pile of landmines, especially if you don’t have practice, as most subs don’t.

The fact is that its true, many folks don’t like that. But nothing good comes from discussing it to 9 and 10 year olds.

Being a sub is a very difficult job, especially if they struggle with classroom control, or are replacing a very talented teacher. Inviting in something as difficult to control as politics seems lilke a bad plan.

how do you know the sub really said that?

also, how ridiculous for you to pretend that a 4th grader is too young to discuss racial topics.

my daughter was called a ni99er in kindergarten by her blonde haired blue eyed puerto rican classmate.

trust me, they know all about race.

think about the first time you knew the difference between white and black. i'm sure you weren't the ripe old age of 8 or 9.

we can learn all about anne frank and the holocaust at that age but to discuss prejudice today is wrong?

how do you know the sub really said that?

also, how ridiculous for you to pretend that a 4th grader is too young to discuss racial topics.

My daughter confirmed it, so the sub DID say it although admittedly I don't know the context. I just don't think it's appropriate to bring that up to a 4th grade class at all. It's a complicated topic and one that I don't necessarily feel a sub should decide to unpack with a bunch of 9 year olds.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

my daughter was called a ni99er in kindergarten by her blonde haired blue eyed puerto rican classmate.

trust me, they know all about race.

think about the first time you knew the difference between white and black. i'm sure you weren't the ripe old age of 8 or 9.

we can learn all about anne frank and the holocaust at that age but to discuss prejudice today is wrong?

I could not agree more.

Waiting any longer to have the discussion could be too late.

On 9/24/2009 at 8:55 PM, MDC said:

My 9 year old stepdaughter just started the 4th grade, and we were vaguely aware that her school would be playing Obama's address to school kids but my daughter never mentioned it. So anyway, my wife gets a call tonight from an irate member of the PTA (my wife is also a member).

My stepdaughter's teacher is out for a few weeks because his wife just gave birth. The class has a sub in the meantime who my SD hates - says she's always hollering at the class and I've noticed this woman does not give out any homework whatsoever. Anyway, this member of the PTA tonight calls my wife to inform her of the sub's lesson plan today about Obama, which partly involved discussing reasons why people don't like the president, and the teacher claimed (to a room full of fourth graders) that one reason is because he's black. The member of the PTA is rightly infuriated and wants other parents to know what's going on because she intends to bring this issue to the principal tomorrow. I've since confirmed that this dialogue did in fact take place in my daughter's class.

I'm torn. I voted for Obama and I firmly believe that one reason some people don't like him IS because of race. On the other hand, I can't imagine a grown woman being so dumb as to open up this can of worms with a bunch of 9 and 10 year olds and just based on that galling lack of common sense I'm considering going down to the school myself to complain. I'm also just disgusted that we're at a place politically where we're arguing politics with elementary school kids.

Sheesh, what a total mess. :first:

This is the guy that makes fun of people complaining about CRT. Complete fraud. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Oops. He forgot to delete this thread. :lol:

He normally just deletes his posts. So no one can call him out on the bullshlt he posts and then tries to call others out on. 

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So HT is RP, right?

There was never any doubt. 

I 100% agree with my 13 y/o post btw. :first: 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is the guy that makes fun of people complaining about CRT. Complete fraud. 

It's surreal. Now he's into making 6 year olds trannies.

Ooooh, they were talking politics in my wife’s kids class. Think I’m gonna waddle on down there and give them what for! 
🤡💥👋👍😂🤣🥰😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And we all know he didn’t do shitt.  He posted  it here, like everything else in his life. That’s it. 

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This is the second time this month HT bumped an old thread from before he was here because he was triggered, but accidentally outed himself.

What a rube.

Hardcore Pilot calls it “opposition research.” 

No wonder he spends XMas with Utoilet. :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This is the second time this month HT bumped an old thread from before he was here because he was triggered, but accidentally outed himself.

What a rube.

Yeah you got me. I tell ya, that search function is a bich.  I found a few other gems of yours. You have issues. Are you on meds at least? 

MDC had the right idea in 2009. The gotcha moment would be better served with a link to him recently saying the exact opposite.

Just now, Voltaire said:

MDC had the right idea in 2009. The gotcha moment would be better served with a link to him recently saying the exact opposite.

He says it all the time. 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

He tried. :( 

• Sad 1

Imagine how sad your life must be that you have to dig (probably to like page 75 of this forum) to find a thread to try and dunk on someone.

Touch grass dude. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I do love watching them dance. They all come a runnin! Look at the legion of losers that came rushing in. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Imagine how sad your life must be that you have to dig (probably to like page 75 of this forum) to find a thread to try and dunk on someone.

Touch grass dude. 

There’s another! I rule them. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

:lol:  This is the batsignal for libtards!!!!

It so true! All we need is old skank! Anyway, MDC has been shown to be a fraud once again. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Touch grass dude. 

Another  brilliant educator that is unaware of the search function and how it works. It took about 40 seconds. What a dumbass. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Touch grass dude. 

The search function confounds you. :lol:

You are both a groomer and a shltty teacher when it comes to knowing anything that could actually help kids. This part is not funny. 

9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You're such a focking child.

Well, I root for the same team I did as a child. Unlike you, liar.