Sign in to follow this  
Willie McGee

Who's the Best Band in the World?

'Tellica until they all die :lol:

I agree Radio head is probably the biggest band in the world, i am not a big fan of them but they are one of the few true rock bands still in their prime. Metallica, Ac/Dc, AIC are past their prime though they are still very relevant and still the best bands out there imo. Tool is also up there, they are probably #2.

Radiohead.

Thanks, good night.

I liked Radiohead until they turned into an even whinier, sh1tty version of Pink Floyd.

ABBA

Easily top ten. :ninja:

JK. Actually, I only two of their songs.

"They're not the best at what they do,

They're the only ones that do what they do."

Bill Graham

And he's spot on....The Grateful Dead :pointstosky: :banana:

Saw them last night in fact in Miami at Bayfront Ampitheater :doh: :banana:

"They're not the best at what they do,

They're the only ones that do what they do."

Bill Graham

And he's spot on....The Grateful Dead :pointstosky: :banana:

Saw them last night in fact in Miami at Bayfront Ampitheater :banana: :banana:

Stoners :doh:

Shut up....you're embarassing yourself.

No way...MDC embarassing him / herself? :wub:

An honest debate of the "best band in the world" usually comes down to two bands... The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

I side with Zeppelin because I think they're the most talented band of all time, but the number of hits the Beatles produced gets them in the discussion.

ALICE IN CHAINS.

the end.

Good nomination, but probably not accurate without Layne. I have to say, though, their new CD is pretty focking good. :wub:

ALICE IN CHAINS.

the end.

You're from Canada...WTF do you know? :wub:

:mad:

You're from Canada...WTF do you know? :wub:

:wave:

Oh Shut it.

Nickle back and the Tragically Hip do NOT represent my nation as a whole.

I stand by my opinion.

That is all.

Beatles and Led aren't relevant anymore. They are #1 and #2 best bands of ALL TIME, but right now is a different sad story.

I don't think there is any question of who the best, most influential band who is still relevant right now is. That is Metallica. AC/DC is a pretty close second. But there is no question, it is Metallica. Not saying that just as a huge fan, but as a music fan, there is no question.

Bands in their prime would probably be Radiohead and Cold play. I am not a big fan of RH and flat out don't like Cold play, but those are probably the 2 biggest bands in the world right now. KOL is probably #3 followed by Tool then Disturbed. My favorites of those 5 are the last 2. I think the first 3 bands are quite weak, solid but weak. Tool and Disturbed are both awesome who crank out hard rock better than anyone else.

Another band creeping up is Mudvayne, every song i have heard by them is good.

Beatles and Led aren't relevant anymore. They are #1 and #2 best bands of ALL TIME, but right now is a different sad story.

I don't think there is any question of who the best, most influential band who is still relevant right now is. That is Metallica. AC/DC is a pretty close second. But there is no question, it is Metallica. Not saying that just as a huge fan, but as a music fan, there is no question.

Bands in their prime would probably be Radiohead and Cold play. I am not a big fan of RH and flat out don't like Cold play, but those are probably the 2 biggest bands in the world right now. KOL is probably #3 followed by Tool then Disturbed. My favorites of those 5 are the last 2. I think the first 3 bands are quite weak, solid but weak. Tool and Disturbed are both awesome who crank out hard rock better than anyone else.

Another band creeping up is Mudvayne, every song i have heard by them is good.

Ah... yes. I confused Best Current Band with Best ALL TIME Band. Glad we agree on the All Time.

As for "best, most influential band still relevant", I disagree with Metallica. Even as big as they are, I still consider them a niche band. Aside from "Enter Sandman", only metal heads know most of their other songs, which includes me and I grew up in their prime. So I have to agree with AC/DC being #1. Other potential candidates.... Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

As for Radiohead, Coldplay, KOL, etc..... like most people my age (38) I don't know squat about them. I'd pick Greenday ahead of all those bands because at least people know their songs and who they are.

Shut up....you're embarassing yourself.

I liked Pablo Honey, the Bends and OK Computer. After that they stopped making songs and got too experimental and whiny.

You want the best. You got the best. The hottest band in the world KISS.

Kiss by far puts on the best live stage show I ever saw. But if I had to go overall music and live show Def Leppard.

You want the best. You got the best. The hottest band in the world KISS.

Kiss by far puts on the best live stage show I ever saw. But if I had to go overall music and live show Def Leppard.

Please delete this post and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance. :music_guitarred:

Ah... yes. I confused Best Current Band with Best ALL TIME Band. Glad we agree on the All Time.

As for "best, most influential band still relevant", I disagree with Metallica. Even as big as they are, I still consider them a niche band. Aside from "Enter Sandman", only metal heads know most of their other songs, which includes me and I grew up in their prime. So I have to agree with AC/DC being #1. Other potential candidates.... Aerosmith and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

As for Radiohead, Coldplay, KOL, etc..... like most people my age (38) I don't know squat about them. I'd pick Greenday ahead of all those bands because at least people know their songs and who they are.

Not to take away from some of the current bands listed but great music like Zeppelin,Floyd etc. is hard to find these days.Fortunately,they do exist it just takes a little searching and other friends of like mind who discover new music as well.

If you love Zep,Floyd and the like take the time to check into the likes of Porcupine Tree,RPWL,Alias Eye and Jadis(PT and RPWL have some excellent musicians) if you haven't had the opportunity to hear them.Here's a few samples.

Porcupine Tree,Blackest Eyes

Porcupine Tree,Deadwing

RPWL.Silenced

Please delete this post and hide the proof of your ugly, ignorant intolerance. :thumbsdown:

It may be proof of my ugly ignorant intolerance but at least I was man enough to name a band.

If I had to go with someone a little more current I would say the Randy Rogers Band.

Muse.

However, it seems that Soundgarden reformed. If they start to put out new stuff, they go to the top of the list.

Johnny Coathanger and the Abortions.

I saw them once. Throw the B!tch down the stairs opened for them.