Sign in to follow this  
greatmartini

Vince Young lost his starting job

Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean reports via Twitter Fisher said Young has lost his job as the team's quarterback, injury or not.

Why in the hell did Randy Moss get his 1st target from a 3rd string QB who actually threw a TD but it was called back for offensive interference. It's not Vince Young's play, it's Jeff Fisher's coaching.

Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean reports via Twitter Fisher said Young has lost his job as the team's quarterback, injury or not.

Why in the hell did Randy Moss get his 1st target from a 3rd string QB who actually threw a TD but it was called back for offensive interference. It's not Vince Young's play, it's Jeff Fisher's coaching.

if you knew what really happened you wouldnt be questioning fisher on this call at least.

Apparently Young left the field in a hurry, threw his pads into the stands and was screaming and yelling.

That's unfortunate since they have Houston and Jax coming up the next two weeks and then Houston again two weeks after that.

Fisher is probably the most tenured coach in the league. Dude man isn't going anywhere.

You can't build a franchise around a QB that scores a 2 on the Wonderlic Test. He's dumber than a retard.

I think I might throw for 200+ against those teams!

:shocking:

That's unfair. He scored a six.

But he also ate his pencil.

Fisher is probably the most tenured coach in the league. Dude man isn't going anywhere.

Well, look at their last drive of regulation. It went something like this:

CJ- 17yds

CJ- 29yds

Ringer-1yd

Incomplete pass by 3rd string QB

I wouldn't exactly consider Fischer a Rhoades scholar either.

Exactly.. He's emotionally & mentally retarded.. Last time those two were combined??? Sarah Palin

No, I'm pretty sure Young just sucks. Fisher never wanted him. If Tennessee is stupid enough to fire him, another team will luck out on getting a great coach.

That's the problem. How can you coach a player who you never wanted. They wanted Matt Lineart when Norm Chow was the OC but Bud Adams wanted Vince. Every chance Jeff gets to bench Vince, he does. I just saw on a news break that Vince has a torn ligament in his thumb and may require surgery. Let's see how his favorite QB Kerry Collins does. I'd prefer Rusty over Kerry!

At the end of the first half, Young was booed as he left the field. He motioned the fans to bring it on.

Young hurt his throwing hand in the second half, and was replaced by...Rusty Smith.

Young capped the day by throwing his shoulder pads into the stands as he was leaving the field.

Kerry Collins was in uniform, as the emergency QB, but did not take the field.

Local news reports Young has lost his starting job.

What a fricking soap opera.

When I think of tenured coach, I think of coaches who have won a superbowl or national championship. Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bear Bryant, Mike Shannahan, Phillip Fulmer. Really, it can be argued that he has remained the longest coach of the same team who hasn't won a superbowl.

Well when your QB gets booed out of the stadium after getting hurt then throws his pads and everything else into the stands that may be a sign that he is a mental midget. :shocking: Well we actually already knew that

Fisher said something to the effect of, "Vince Young will never be the starting QB of this team". Atleast that is what CBS said. I hope they throw his b!tch ass out on the street. :thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see if Fisher is serious about this and willing to go with Rusty Smith from FAU.

Hard to believe.

Rotoworld reporting that VY is done in Tennessee.

He gone :wave:

Altercation with coach, throwing pads into stands after game, disrepecting Fischer during after game meeting by walking out early.

Rotoworld reporting that VY is done in Tennessee.

He gone :wave:

on CBS during the Pats n Colts game they said Fisher said Young will never be the starting QB at Tennessee again. :shocking:

How does one even begin to describe how f'ing stupid this POS is?? Maybe this will give him time to run his shitty BBQ place into the ground...pull the trigger next time young.

Kevin Kolb to the titans in the offseason?

Let trusty rusty see what he can do the rest of the year, then you get a small idea of what the kid can do. Offer up a 2nd rder and throw in Chris Hope to get that guy off the team. Who knows, I am just entertaining myself, with visions of no VY on the team.....

It will be interesting to see if Fisher is serious about this and willing to go with Rusty Smith from FAU.

Hard to believe.

It's the smart move. Vinc Yung is a POS. Rusty Smith will do fine vs the worst pass D in the league. Perfect timing to get the owner on your side and sned vinc to the homeless shelter for good.

Hard to believe.

Chris Simms will get signed tomorrow guarenteed. He is familiar with the offense and played with them last year.

As far as Vince Young telling Jeff Fisher, "I'm not walking out on my team, I'm walking out on you." Jeff Fisher deserved that comment. He has been underminding Vince Young every since he's been a Titan. Starting Kerry Collins over Vince last week when he was recovered from his injury was disrespectful. When Collins started off last year 0-6 and Jeff refused the bench him until Bud Adams said play Vince or get fired and Vince brought life back into the Titans was disrespectful also. Cowboys, 49er's, Chargers, Panthers, Bengal....hire him when the Titans fire him. All you will get is a conservative coach who will probably be the longest tenured coach of your organization to NOT win a superbowl too.

Exactly.. He's emotionally & mentally retarded.. Last time those two were combined??? Sarah Palin

You'd make a perfect drone for NBC... Since you brought politics into a fantasy football forum.

You'd make a perfect drone for NBC... Since you brought politics into a fantasy football forum.

I was going to reference the Columbine incident... But thought it was a little distasteful. Excuse me for picking the next closest idiot.

so is collins going to be the starter or that other guy?

i just traded for CJ2K (late deadline in my league) - how do you think this is going to effect his value?

No, I'm pretty sure Young just sucks. Fisher never wanted him. If Tennessee is stupid enough to fire him, another team will luck out on getting a great coach.

Great Coach based on what? His below .500 playoff record? His 1 super bowl appearence in 17 years as head coach? His last two years when his players have been uncontrollable? I like Fish, but he is a pretty average coach.

Didn't the ownership basically tell him to play VY? I think he got to be close after this. Word is CJ isn't a big fan of his either.

He is done.

As for the Fisher talk...I have been a fan of his and defended a lot of what he has done.

But he may very well be on the hot seat.

Between Vince, and how conservative he gets...is it time for a change here?

I was at the game yesterday, and when the fans weren't booing (and I was embarassed to be a season ticket holder when people were booing so early on)...but what they were booing wasn't just Vince...everyone around me knew the play that was coming from the Titans on offense.

It was predictable. I think people are tiring of how he calls games offensively.

He is done.

As for the Fisher talk...I have been a fan of his and defended a lot of what he has done.

I was at the game yesterday, and when the fans weren't booing (and I was embarassed to be a season ticket holder when people were booing so early on)...but what they were booing wasn't just Vince...everyone around me knew the play that was coming from the Titans on offense.

It was predictable. I think people are tiring of how he calls games offensively.

wow thats good info... somebody not familiar with the long ongoing situation in TEN would probably think it was just Vince having a hissy fit.... but it's been alot more than that.... wondering if its because of those long USC ties Fisher has... Vince DID beat his USC in the championship game.

He is done.

Exactly. I think Vince took it the wrong way because he thought the fans were booing him but they where booing the coaching staff for not getting Randy Moss the ball. Jeff Fisher said last week that he was going to make sure Randy gets the ball this week but he had 0 catches. The excitement came from when Rusty finally threw Randy the ball and he caught the touchdown. I think Rusty said to hell with it and threw it because after he threw the interception, Mike Heimerdinger got in his face and Rusty had a look on his face like "man this sheit isn't working and that's why I threw it" The way the Titans run their offense, Randy is just a decoy and the last target in the progression. This Phillip Fulmer conservative crap has got to go.

Exactly. I think Vince took it the wrong way because he thought the fans were booing him but they where booing the coaching staff for not getting Randy Moss the ball. Jeff Fisher said last week that he was going to make sure Randy gets the ball this week but he had 0 catches. The excitement came from when Rusty finally threw Randy the ball and he caught the touchdown. I think Rusty said to hell with it and threw it because after he threw the interception, Mike Heimerdinger got in his face and Rusty had a look on his face like "man this sheit isn't working and that's why I threw it" The way the Titans run their offense, Randy is just a decoy and the last target in the progression. This Phillip Fulmer conservative crap has got to go.

Yeah that's one way of looking at it, but another way could be this:

You have a supposed to be star QB who misses meetings, is not putting a 100% in practices/study. A QB who has limited brainpower, and can only comprehend 3 receivers in a progression. The coaches add Moss (who even Fisher said was open multiple times), add a 4 read. Vince can't handle 4 reads, so Moss is constantly overlooked, and it's always Gage/Washvington in hook patterns. Every now and then, he'll chuck it to the tight end. As conservative as Fisher is, he's never had a problem dumping to a tight end, or making a play downfield. Fisher may be calling the plays, but it takes Vince to actually read the progression and throw the ball. I was at the game and Moss was open a bunch of times, but VY never looked that direction, for whatever reason. I do agree however Fisher's scheme as it appears, worked great when you had Eddie George who only averaged 3.2ypc, but with Johnson being much more explosive, you would think they could come up with some better screens for something to get him more involved then punching it up the middle all the time.

Well, look at their last drive of regulation. It went something like this:

CJ- 17yds

CJ- 29yds

Ringer-1yd

I wouldn't exactly consider Fischer a Rhoades scholar either.

:doh: