Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Fight!

Johnson is going to get suspended for that for at least a game. Threw a few uppercuts and Finnagan (sp) CB from Ten

It was pretty good!

Unfortunately, I don't think AJ will be playing next week. Owners of him are going to be pissed. :thumbsdown:

details? They haven't shown anything on Redzone yet and they usually do.

There was some altercation between Johnson and Finnegan on the previous play.... finnegan ejected also....

There was some altercation between Johnson and Finnegan on the previous play.... finnegan ejected also....

Both players should be suspended atleast one game. With the play before, Johnson should get a bigger fine, but he kicked his butt!

Johnson could see more than one game.

this is where the texans should've sent in a scrub to take out finnegan, instead of having andre do it

On the play that got them both ejected, Finnegan clearly took the first shot

On the play that got them both ejected, Finnegan clearly took the first shot

I thought that was a part of the play and Finnegan put his hands to the face in coverage. I could be wrong, as I only saw the highlight. Was not not a part of the play?

That was great. Football needs more of that.

I don't know why somebody hasn't come up with a football and MMA hybrid sport. It's combining the best of both worlds. Oh, and throw in some mic work like WWF does.

Redzone just showed it. Finnegan instigated and threw the first punch. AJ was just reacting. Unfortunately he'll get the same if not a worse punishment than Finnegan. Nice to see AJ kick his ass though! :bandana:

I thought that was a part of the play and Finnegan put his hands to the face in coverage. I could be wrong, as I only saw the highlight. Was not not a part of the play?

Maybe. We need more replays. Loop it. AJ definitely yanked off the helmet first. I was impressed how fast it took. Like Oprah sucking off the meat from a buffalo wing.

Disappointed in Andre's ground game. He had back control and unleashed some decent ground n pound but let Finnegan scramble and return to the feet.

There won't be a suspension.

Guys throw punches and usually get ejected and fined, but not suspended.

Cue all the internet tough guys defending these actions, saying football needs more of this, claiming this is the way football is meant to be played.

And maybe it was Finnegan who instigated it, but Johnson was ready for the fight, got Finnegan's helmet off first, and threw 2 or 3 punches to Finn's head when Finn had no helmet on and absolutely no defense. I hate Finn as much as the next guy, and he should be suspended a game, but Andre should get 2-3 games and $50-100K.

Cue all the internet tough guys defending these actions, saying football needs more of this, claiming this is the way football is meant to be played.

And maybe it was Finnegan who instigated it, but Johnson was ready for the fight, got Finnegan's helmet off first, and threw 2 or 3 punches to Finn's head when Finn had no helmet on and absolutely no defense. I hate Finn as much as the next guy, and he should be suspended a game, but Andre should get 2-3 games and $50-100K.

So he should be suspended longer and fined more because he won the fight? That's retarded. Finnegan started it and then AJ beat his ass. If anything, Finnegan should be out longer for starting it.

So he should be suspended longer and fined more because he won the fight? That's retarded. Finnegan started it and then AJ beat his ass. If anything, Finnegan should be out longer for starting it.

Oh so if AJ took out a gun and shot him, he should be suspended less because he won the fight, while Finn started it?

AJ should be suspended longer because he took 2-3 punches (MMA, knockout style) to Finn's head when Finn was defenseless down on the ground.

I'm also guessing you're an AJ owner.

Oh so if AJ took out a gun and shot him, he should be suspended less because he won the fight, while Finn started it?

AJ should be suspended longer because he took 2-3 punches (MMA, knockout style) to Finn's head when Finn was defenseless down on the ground.

I'm also guessing you're an AJ owner.

I have always respected AJ, but to hit a fellow player like that ONLY means he LOST control and with that, he also lost my respect!

They play the game, and that's it, it's a game... might as well run the streets with that kind of attitude!

Cortland Finnegan is a pest out there, but to really try to hurt him??? They both should be punished with suspensions.

Hard to imagine Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Tim Brown or Fred Bilitnekoff doing the same chit!

Hard to imagine... Marvin Harrison... doing the same chit!

You're right. Harrison would have tracked him down in Philly and shot him. :unsure:

:rolleyes:

You gotta be sh!ttin' me. Finnegan got what he deserved. He started it, and he paid the price.

And I don't own, or care about, Andre Johnson......

If Johnson doesn't get suspended at least a week for this, the NFL is going to take a lot of crap from the media

Lets see, so far this season Finnegan has...

Oct 1 - fined $5000 for throwing Steve Smith to the ground by his helmet

Oct 8 - fined $10000 for hitting Chris Kuper with Kuper's helmet off

Nov 28 - instigates a fist fight with Andre Johnson

Finnegan is definitely getting suspended, especially considering the NFL has already warned him they would continue to escalate penalties against him if he kept pulling these stunts. Johnson will probably wind up getting a game for throwing punches at Finnegan with Finnegan's helmet off. I have a feeling most people in the league were quite pleased to see Finnegan gets his ass kicked.

You're right. Harrison would have tracked him down in Philly and shot him. :unsure:

hahaha

You got me there!!!

Redzone just showed it. Finnegan instigated and threw the first punch. AJ was just reacting. Unfortunately he'll get the same if not a worse punishment than Finnegan. Nice to see AJ kick his ass though! :bandana:

What the hell is everyone watching!?! finnegan didnt throw a single punch, didnt start it, and deserves no punishment!! All finn did was yank off aj helmet AFTER aj yanked off his!! Is everyone blind!!???

This is nothing new. Andre and Courtland clearly don't like each other. I don't know what started it all, but these two got into a fight last season as well. When these two go against each other, it's always a very physical battle.

In terms of suspensions, i have a feeling both guys will get at least one game. If anyone, Courtland may get the stiffer penalty, purely based reputation. Courtland clearly has a bad reputation for being a dirty player and has multiple fines against him. Andre, on the other hand, has the most utmost respect from most of his defenders and only seems to lose his cool against Courtland for some reason?

I'm a Texans fan so I hope Andre doesn't get suspended. But no matter who started it, when you punch a guy on the head with no helmet, I think you should get suspended.

Finnigan is a punk and always has been; it has nothing to do wih this fight. He is a cheap shot artist, ad I was glad to see him get pounded. Also, AJ will get suspended, and should.

The NFL commissioner should really come down hard on that bum from Tennessee. He has a track record of playing dirty and instigating fights. Would love to see him get kicked out of the league and then he can go bankrupt and hang out in dirty bars and get in all the fights he wants. That would be true justice. :P

I would be surprised if AJ didn't get suspended. Thank God I have Steve Johnson and Mike Wallace backing him up. <_<

Quite weak actually.

NHL knows how to brawl.

You have to pull the jersey over before landing the blows.

step 1: pull jersey over head

step 2: heat them.

step 3: for extended action, swing the guy about for a bit. keeps the refs away to land a few more.