Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

BYU basketball star kicked off team

I know Mormons are crazy, but this is just fockin' ridiculous:

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations with his girlfriend, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

BYU's honor code forbids students from having premarital sex and instructs them to "live a chaste and virtuous life."

University spokeswoman Carri Jenkins said an honor code review is under way to determine if the BYU sophomore will be allowed to remain in school, as well as his status with the team next season.

BYU's honor code also requires students to be honest; abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee and substance abuse; and attend church regularly.

The school announced the dismissal on Tuesday night after being made aware of the violation Monday -- the same day that BYU (27-2, 13-1 Mountain West) vaulted to No. 3 in the ESPN/USA Today and AP polls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6175090

Davies should use the McMahon defense

Very extreme, but these guys know what they're getting into with a university like BYU.

I know the girl he knocked up; I'm curious to see how long the press takes to find her.

I know the girl he knocked up; I'm curious to see how long the press takes to find her.

Can size??? :mad:

Can size??? :mad:

My bad! I'd put them at about a 34B, maybe 34C. Very hot Mormon girl exiled to Provo from SoCal.

I don't think I've ever been more sympathetic to an athlete that was kicked off his team.

Furthermore, this story will do more to hurt BYU's athletic department than any in history. Sure, kids should know what they are in for when they decide to go to BYU, but 17-18 year old kids are dumbasses. No way they really believed they'd get kicked off the team for banging their girlfriend, especially if they are a star player.

And the crotch will win out over religion when it comes time for most 18 year old kids to make decisions.

Don't agree with it but I respect it.

If he wasn't Mormon I would think different but this kid was raised Mormon and knew the rules.

The thing I would pissed about if I were his teamates is he admitted this on his own! It's not like he was busted. Damn keep ya mouf shut then spill in a few months.

My ex went to BYU and her best friend got knocked up 5 months before graduating and just kept it a fockign secret.

They agreed to the conduct code when they came to BYU..... :dunno: Nothing to see here.

I don't think I've ever been more sympathetic to an athlete that was kicked off his team.

Furthermore, this story will do more to hurt BYU's athletic department than any in history. Sure, kids should know what they are in for when they decide to go to BYU, but 17-18 year old kids are dumbasses. No way they really believed they'd get kicked off the team for banging their girlfriend, especially if they are a star player.

And the crotch will win out over religion when it comes time for most 18 year old kids to make decisions.

Yup. This will actually kill any chance they have of recruting star athletes.

They agreed to the conduct code when they came to BYU..... :dunno: Nothing to see here.

:thumbsup:

It's not a surprise to anyone, they agree to it when they enroll.

Following the rules is not optional.

You are getting a free college education. Keep it in your pants, stupid.

I agree that once you agree to the code of conduct, it's on you.

But now that 18 year old kids have actually seen that they really can't have sex for the next 4 years, good luck to BYU in getting 18 year old superstar athletes to agree to said code of conduct.

They probably just cut their potential talent pool by 75%.

Mormans are a different breed, but in my experience, the ones I have met have been excellent people. Common people have trouble admitting to themselves that personal responsibility creates character in a person... Our society has trended so much away from personal responsibility that it writes off virtue as 'excessive'

But now that 18 year old kids have actually seen that they really can't have sex for the next 4 years, good luck to BYU in getting 18 year old superstar athletes to agree to said code of conduct.

I dont think this was some big secret to previous or future recruits. They pretty much dont recruit kids that are shaky....and another thing.....remember this is a mormon school so they typically get a little bit older kids who have gone off to missions, etc.

I just dont buy that kids who hear this story will suddenly go.."Im not going there!'....they probably werent going to be a good fit there anyway.

Yeah, because BYU annually recruits the cream of the crop.

Schools like BYU don't make their living off superstar athletes or blue chip recruits. They mine their own talent base...Mormons...and develop them. The ability to send players off for a two year mission, thus stocking their roster with 23-24 year olds, is what has brought them success over the years.

The good Mormon kid who grew up dreaming of attending BYU will still go there. What's he going to do? Tell Mom(s) and Dad "Hey, changed my mind on BYU cause I won't be getting any while I'm there"?

To think that 3/4...or even 1/4... of their small pool would dry up over this isn't very realistic.

It's a shame because it seriously impacts a team that isn't very deep to begin with. Watch them plummet in the polls with their next loss.

When you decide to attend to BYU, the honor code basically governs everything in your daily life. It's nice to see a University put principles over performance for once. At a BCS school, non-criminal violations just get swept under the rug, and many criminal ones do too. It makes me wonder though, if this was Jimmer Fredette, would BYU have handled things the exact same way?

When you decide to attend to BYU, the honor code basically governs everything in your daily life. It's nice to see a University put principles over performance for once. At a BCS school, non-criminal violations just get swept under the rug, and many criminal ones do too. It makes me wonder though, if this was Jimmer Fredette, would BYU have handled things the exact same way?

JT: You mean like losing last night already? :thumbsup:

Stew: I guarantee you that school would. Other schools maybe not.....but like the rules or not...thats one that will stick ANY kid that gets out of line.

JT: You mean like losing last night already? :thumbsup:

Stew: I guarantee you that school would. Other schools maybe not.....but like the rules or not...thats one that will stick ANY kid that gets out of line.

I tend to agree with you. I guess that would be the ultimate test. At this point we are so programmed to not even blink twice when a University looks the other way, that it's hard to believe a University will ALWAYS do the right thing. But BYU is completely different than anywhere else.

I tend to agree with you. I guess that would be the ultimate test. At this point we are so programmed to not even blink twice when a University looks the other way, that it's hard to believe a University will ALWAYS do the right thing. But BYU is completely different than anywhere else.

hah sadly you are right. I think its a harsh punishment.....but....we cant blast for schools for never punishing players...then turn around and bash schools that uphold their rules either.....when they should be applauded.

And Jimmer is as pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

Just a matter of time before he is caught.

Damn BYU has been asked to join both the Pac 10 and Big 12 multiple times and refused because they refuse to play any sport on Sunday. Thats why they are going Indy.

BYU gets a TON of money from the church

Mormans are a different breed, but in my experience, the ones I have met have been excellent people. Common people have trouble admitting to themselves that personal responsibility creates character in a person... Our society has trended so much away from personal responsibility that it writes off virtue as 'excessive'

I know a lot of mormons too. Yeah they are "nice" people, but in their world there are only two kinds of people: mormons and non-mormon. So if you aren't a mormon, they'll be nice and courteous to you, but you'll never really be their friend and they'll never really stick their neck out for you. There's just a wall there. That's what I think is focked up about their religion. It's cult-like in that you're either part of it or you aren't. You could share 95% of core beliefs with a mormon person and it still wouldn't matter because, well, you aren't mormon.

The cumshot heard 'round the college basketball world. Or as posted on the Kentucky bball message board: "He just spilled his #1 seed".

And Jimmer is as pure as the driven snow. :rolleyes:

Just a matter of time before he is caught.

I heard he was spotted at a Starbucks during their last road trip :ninja:

I heard he was spotted at a Starbucks during their last road trip :ninja:

It was decaffeinated! :cry:

Mormons are a lot of things.... cult-worshipers, polygamists, socially isolated pasty white folks, etc.

But apparently they aren't hypocrites. :thumbsup:

I know a lot of mormons too. Yeah they are "nice" people, but in their world there are only two kinds of people: mormons and non-mormon. So if you aren't a mormon, they'll be nice and courteous to you, but you'll never really be their friend and they'll never really stick their neck out for you. There's just a wall there. That's what I think is focked up about their religion. It's cult-like in that you're either part of it or you aren't. You could share 95% of core beliefs with a mormon person and it still wouldn't matter because, well, you aren't mormon.

Doesn't surprise me espeically considering how 'fringe' some of their beleifs are... Nothing new for a minority group to stick together...

It makes me wonder though, if this was Jimmer Fredette, would BYU have handled things the exact same way?

I would guess that this part of the honor code is difficult to enforce, unless of course the chick is, in fact, knocked up...which would be impossible to turn a blind eye to.

POW!!!

How ANYONE could be sympathetic to this scum that purposely breaks contracts at will is beyond belief. Fock this idiot.

POW!!!

How ANYONE could be sympathetic to this scum that purposely breaks contracts at will is beyond belief. Fock this idiot.

"Scum"? For having premarital sex with his girlfriend? Isn't that going a little far?

"Scum"? For having premarital sex with his girlfriend? Isn't that going a little far?

He is a POS pervert who obviously thinks about nothing but himself. By doing what he did, he basically told the school and his fellow teammates to "FOCK OFF, I don't care about anything other than myself."

Maybe a little too far, but still.

Anyone have a pic of the girlfriend? If she is smokin' hot, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reinstatored! :shocking:

Joseph Smiff himself would "hit dat". :thumbsup:

Sure, but Joseph Smith would have married her first (along with whatever other hot chick was available)! :lol:

He is a POS pervert who obviously thinks about nothing but himself. By doing what he did, he basically told the school and his fellow teammates to "FOCK OFF, I don't care about anything other than myself."

Maybe a little too far, but still.

Laughable. You're too old to remember when you were what - 19 is he? Exactly.

BYU RECRUITS. Yes they have a code, but kids will be kids.

It's COOL THOUGH - have 10 wives and 32 kids when you're married.