Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Jermichael finley is not who we thought he was

Finley didn't produce much last season before the injury and it is the same again this year. Overhyped and overblown this guy looks like a 5 td 650 yard tight end that rogers doesnt like to throw to often. He is ranked behind the likes of chris chandler, fred davis, dustin keller. At least i have a real tight end to back him up in jimmy graham.

I still think Finley could put up something like 750 yards and 7-8 TDs, but he was so massively overrated by fantasy footballers I knew I'd never draft him. In most mocks and in both my money leagues Finley went in the 4-5 round range and he was the second TE off the board after Gates which is nuts.

Massively over-rated is the best phrase to use for him. Green Bay spreads the ball around and Finley will get some balls but Jennings and Nelson are the GB passing-game guys to own other than Rodgers.

Massively over-rated is the best phrase to use for him. Green Bay spreads the ball around and Finley will get some balls but Jennings and Nelson are the GB passing-game guys to own other than Rodgers.

Finley is a terrific TE, but draft after draft I saw him going before proven commodities like Vernon Davis and Jason Witten, or 4-5 rounds before Gronko, Hernandez, Graham, etc. If I'm going to take an early round flyer on an upside player who has yet to put together a big year it's going to be a RB, not a TE. I still think Finley will be valuable and he'll have some big weeks, but probably not enough to validate the huge price tag.

A lot of the top TE seems to have had a slow start, while middle tier TE's have exploded. Idk what to make of it. Were they just graded wrong ? Next year just wait to draft a TE in the later rounds ?

He is ranked behind the likes of chris chandler, fred davis, dustin keller.

But ahead of Antonio Gates.

He's on a potent offense with a QB who has openly gushed about him. He had more receptions than Nelson/Jennings combined yesterday. If he stays healthy, he's a top 5 TE.

But if you're really worried about him, trade him and go with Graham the rest of the year.

:dunno:

Finley is a terrific TE, but draft after draft I saw him going before proven commodities like Vernon Davis and Jason Witten, or 4-5 rounds before Gronko, Hernandez, Graham, etc. If I'm going to take an early round flyer on an upside player who has yet to put together a big year it's going to be a RB, not a TE. I still think Finley will be valuable and he'll have some big weeks, but probably not enough to validate the huge price tag.

Agreed...I let people take him, thinking they were getting one up on me as a Packer fan, while i waited for Graham and Hernandez and filled out my backup RBs.

Now I have a couple guys everyone wants with injuries starting to hit people. Plus Hernandez that some people want.

The Packers had an awful first quarter both offensively and defensively.... they only had 4 offensive plays, I believe...

They had a sub-par offensive game overall....

Still, Finley had 68 yards.... He was a Calvin Johnson-rule touchdown catch from being 85 and a TD.... yes, grandma plus ballz = grandpa

But the bottom line is that he can't be covered.... and when they roll to him the defense gets gouged....

Rodgers loves him and Rodgers is a pretty good quarterback.....

Who did you think he was? He was (at highest) the fourth TE on the board of every expert not born in Wisconsin....

Trade me overrated Finley, please.....

This is a Dumb & Dumber thread waiting to happen :wacko:

Agreed...I let people take him, thinking they were getting one up on me as a Packer fan, while i waited for Graham and Hernandez and filled out my backup RBs.

Now I have a couple guys everyone wants with injuries starting to hit people. Plus Hernandez that some people want.

Aaron Hernandez was seen limping badly after the game yesterday.

Finely is not overrated. But, TE is so deep thus year. I waited for daniels in many leagues and that hasn't been great either. Decent yesterday with a td....

As the season goes on. Things will normalize a little but I think ill be happy I waited until the 6th or later for my tight ends

He is a beast and missed a td yesterday by inches.

I do get a little bothered by how often they line him out wide.

it seems it would be easier to get open if he was lined up on a linebacker, ala Gronk/Hernandez

Jermichael Finley is on pace for 968 yards receiving. I love these premature threads complaining that someone isn't putting up 100+ yards and at least 1 score every week. It just doesn't happen. Finley will be fine and I'm sure will find the end zone quite a few times this year. He's a top 5 TE going forward in my opinion.

It's week 2.

I got Gronkowski this year and am pretty happy about that, but this year is loaded with TE options (at least through the first two weeks.

Finley didn't produce much last season before the injury and it is the same again this year. Overhyped and overblown this guy looks like a 5 td 650 yard tight end that rogers doesnt like to throw to often. He is ranked behind the likes of chris chandler, fred davis, dustin keller. At least i have a real tight end to back him up in jimmy graham.

I had no idea Chris Chandler had come out of retirement to play TE. Now take a second and think to yourself.....would I trade Finley straight up for Scott Chandler, Fred Davis, or Dustin Keller? If you took more than 3 seconds to think about this you should knock on your door and punch yourself in the face in front of your wife and kids.

Once again, never draft a TE early.

I didn't again this year...and got Gronk, OFF WAIVERS.

The game has changed. Teams just throw so much more in today's NFL. Only starting one TE means you will find a good to great option late.

What? Gronk went for good money in my auction and there were several bidders. He was probably the most-sought after FA TE. Are there any openings in your league?

What? Gronk went for good money in my auction and there were several bidders. He was probably the most-sought after FA TE. Are there any openings in your league?

In my league, everyone takes one TE. Gronk didn't make the cut of the top 12. Hardly a knock on the league.

TEs drafted in my league:

Gates

Clark

Winslow

Celek

Davis

Daniels

Finley

Olson

Pettigrew

Graham

Gonzo

Witten

There are many good TEs available. Not surprised Gronk didn't get drafted. People worried about the NE spread it around approach. People worried about Hernandez. People worried about lack of big yardage from Gronk. At the draft Gronk was still a small question mark for a top 12 TE pick.

I gambled on Celek given the reports coming out of Philly they were going to go back to him and the injuries to Maclin.

Only Witten has produced of the top TEs. Your leaders are Gronk, Keller, and...Scott Chandler? I expect the superstars we know to start getting some love. As a Vernon Davis owner who got him later than expected, I feel your pain. In the AFC East we trust...

Jeez, it has been two games coming off a major injury. He missed a TD yesterday because of a stupid rule. Does that mean you didn't care for his week one outing?

Jeez, it has been two games coming off a major injury. He missed a TD yesterday because of a stupid rule. Does that mean you didn't care for his week one outing?

No i didnt. 6 pts in non ppr. He has been targeted a few times in the redzone but if you don't catch whats coming your way then it don't count. With miles austin going down for a few weeks im going to need production from finley to help fill the void. I know i was overreacting a bit but he needs to start grabbing tds.

In my league, everyone takes one TE. Gronk didn't make the cut of the top 12. Hardly a knock on the league.

TEs drafted in my league:

Gates

Clark

Winslow

Celek

Davis

Daniels

Finley

Olson

Pettigrew

Graham

Gonzo

Witten

There are many good TEs available. Not surprised Gronk didn't get drafted. People worried about the NE spread it around approach. People worried about Hernandez. People worried about lack of big yardage from Gronk. At the draft Gronk was still a small question mark for a top 12 TE pick.

I gambled on Celek given the reports coming out of Philly they were going to go back to him and the injuries to Maclin.

Gronk was the #5 TE in standard scoring as a 21 year old rookie... Did you and your league mates really think he'd do worse after a year with Brady and the system? Olsen? Winslow? Celek? I respect your opinion and you are an intelligent insightful poster, but :banana:

He's coming off a knee injury and playing in an offense with a lot of good targets. Guys like Jordy Nelson developed a special bond with Rodgers while he was out.

Finley will be fine and I'm sure there will be some beastly games in the future. 14 weeks left.

I can relate... I got Finley, and Gronk as my "backup." Well - my backup is SERIOUSLY out-scoring my starter!!! :shocking:

In my other league, I've only got Finley. I SERIOUSLY considered dropping him for Gronk - but didn't. Now it is too late - Gronk was one of the first WW pickups in week 1. :cry:

F'ing Rodgers, and his "making all 12 skill players happy." THAT is the problem with Finley! :mad:

It's hard to say whether or not Finley is busting at this time. Ordinarily... I'd say that two games with 60 yards out of a TE is actually good, but with passing numbers what they are so far, I'm not sure if that is true anymore.

I personally dont worry about anyone being a bust until after 4 weeks.

Once again, never draft a TE early.

Thanks for the lesson. Unfortunately, most of us don't play with retards. As such, Gronkowski was drafted.

I actually drafted Gates and not Finley. I drafted Gates in the 4th round hoping for a repeat of last years average per game receptions and tds. I traded Gates and Stevie Johnson that day for Finley and Austin so I did get some help at wr out of it. I actually got more slack than I thought I would for making that trade and a few people said they would have kept Stevie. Injury aside I thought it was a solid trade.

I happily took Witten after Gates and Finley and didn't think twice about it. Gates went in 4th, Finley in 5th. The value on Witten was too good to pass up in the 6th, especially since I had him ranked higher than Finley. Jermichael will still finish as a top 5 TE I'm betting, but IMO he wasn't worth all the hype he was garnering.

No, he's better. :overhead:

I am glad I am a Packers fan and I am crushing my opponent in fantasy... Because I am starting Starks, Jennings, and Nelson.

Still... Can someone tell Chicago that they should start to cover Finley?