Sign in to follow this  
Bui

Lance Moore...

Anyone watch the game last wk? Was he just not playing a lot of snaps?

Any NO fans care to prognosticate about what we can expect from him this year?

Rotoworld's take....

Lance Moore played just 22-of-67 offensive snaps in Sunday's win over the Bears.

The Saints were clearly easing Moore back in off his groin injury. Robert Meachem was the main receiver in all single-wide sets, playing 59 snaps and Devery Henderson played 39. We should also note that the Saints uncharacteristically went with three wideouts on just 20-of-67 plays as they sat on a big lead. Look for Moore's role to gradually rise. Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune Sep 20 - 11:56 AMPlayer Outlook

here's the thing with Moore, the injury to him and the injury to colston aside. He's a home run hitter, playing out of the slot on a pass happy team that gets the ball to everyone, including the backs. IMO, his FF value is worthless. Will he have a 158 yard, 2 td game? Sure. Any of the NO receivers are capable of this. Will he get his consistent share of targets, giving you a consistent production week in and week out??? Absolutely not. Sproles is a better player, and startable, than Moore. Lot of preseason hype, but will not materialize into anything. Just dropped him off the 1 team I had him on for Nelson...

here's the thing with Moore, the injury to him and the injury to colston aside. He's a home run hitter, playing out of the slot on a pass happy team that gets the ball to everyone, including the backs. IMO, his FF value is worthless. Will he have a 158 yard, 2 td game? Sure. Any of the NO receivers are capable of this. Will he get his consistent share of targets, giving you a consistent production week in and week out??? Absolutely not. Sproles is a better player, and startable, than Moore. Lot of preseason hype, but will not materialize into anything. Just dropped him off the 1 team I had him on for Nelson...

I disagree with that completely. Dropping Moore is a mistake!

I just picked up Moore off of WW ahead of D.Nelson and Decker.

Hope i made the right move here.

:huh:

Can't go there with you either.

The only player on the Saints whose play falls short of his ADP is Colston. The fact that you can get a 158 yard, 2 TD performance from a 9th round ADP player like Lance Moore gives you TREMENDOUS value.

And let's face it: if he were more consistent, he'd have been drafted much sooner than the 9th round.

Huge boo-boo dropping him.

I too disagree. Moore is the man and the only thing holding him back is his groin.

Can't go there with you either.

The only player on the Saints whose play falls short of his ADP is Colston. The fact that you can get a 158 yard, 2 TD performance from a 9th round ADP player like Lance Moore gives you TREMENDOUS value.

And let's face it: if he were more consistent, he'd have been drafted much sooner than the 9th round.

Huge boo-boo dropping him.

its all about consistency and if you can start a player. I don't subscribe to the whole, 'i got my wr5 in the 14th round and he's been way outperforming his ADP. hurr durr durr' nonsense. You're either good enough to start on my team, or good enough to sit on the bench, ready to come in if my starters go down or are on a bye. The rest is garbage. As such, dudes like nelson and denarius moore are far more attractive to me than moore. SO you go ahead and stash moore on your bench, or worse plug him into your lineup and deal with the 2-14s, with a 5-146-2 game sprinkled in. I guess we have different outlooks on what a FF squad should be comprised of...

You might have a point there...

I have picked up More the last few years in ffball. They guy did best when Bush was hurt because he is a similar type of player. Outside of that he was a bellow average option in fantasy.

Sproles seems to have picked up the offense quickly and seem to look even better then bush. This will limit Moore's touches even more.

I did draft the guy and will hold on to him for another week or two... but not really holding out hope. I was able to pick Meachem right after colston's injury and feel he is a much better option for consistent production until colston gets back.

I actually do not know which side of the Lance Moore argument is correct. Points for both sides:

1) Last year, Lance Moore was performing at a nearly "must start" level.

2) Last year, Sproles was with SD. This may affect the balls that Moore would otherwise get.

3) Nelson and Decker are already performing, and performing well. So you pick up one of them instead, and Moore performs. Do you really lose a ton? Isn't it worth the possible loss of some stats due to dropping Moore in order to pick up players that seem able to keep their rates of production going?

I still don't know which side is correct - but I still have Moore on one of my rosters.

:dunno:

Holding Devery and Lance currently. Gonna ride out Devery's current hot streak until Nicks gets 100% healthy. If Lance doesn't produce in the next few weeks, he'll be cut. Aren't groin injuries just as nagging as hammy's?

How does this trade sound:

My Devery Henderson for David Nelson?

(i have L.Moore on bench).

I actually do not know which side of the Lance Moore argument is correct. Points for both sides:

1) Last year, Lance Moore was performing at a nearly "must start" level.

2) Last year, Sproles was with SD. This may affect the balls that Moore would otherwise get.

3) Nelson and Decker are already performing, and performing well. So you pick up one of them instead, and Moore performs. Do you really lose a ton? Isn't it worth the possible loss of some stats due to dropping Moore in order to pick up players that seem able to keep their rates of production going?

I still don't know which side is correct - but I still have Moore on one of my rosters.

:dunno:

opportunity cost is another thing that hasn't been discussed. Through the years, I've learned 1 thing. Stay active on the WW. Chase the hot players, as long as it doesn't cost you too much to do so. Moore is not that great of a cost to grab a nelson, to find out in a few weeks that he's a solid WR2 on an offense that will throw for 4000 yards and 30+ tds...

Question....if i have both L.Moore and D.Henderson....which one do i give up for D.Nelson if either?

...SO you go ahead and stash moore on your bench, or worse plug him into your lineup and deal with the 2-14s, with a 5-146-2 game sprinkled in. I guess we have different outlooks on what a FF squad should be comprised of...

If you're saying that a guy capable of putting up 5-146-2 is not even worthy of a roster spot, then I vehemently agree to disagree with you.

Lance Moore is Drew Brees favorite target. During training camp when Moore was healthy, he was targeted more than any other receiver and rarely if ever dropped passes. He runs great routes and is an excellent run blocker. When he is back at 100% he will be on the field for every play. They signed him to a new four year contract for a reason. He's the most consistent of all of their WR's.

Sorry Saints WRs are always crap shoot, I also dropped Moore today, you guys have fun gambling, I am starting David Nelson and Nate Burleson for those sure 15 points each person.

I have Moore in 2 of my 3 leagues. He's stashed on my bench there. Luckily in both of those leagues, I don't really need him right now until we start getting deep into bye weeks. Ill keep him stashed because I really, really like his potential.…

I dropped him yesterday. I'll probably regret it but I need guaranteed touches every week. I can't afford to hope that when healthy he'll get them. Too many mouths to feed, especially with Sproles now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lance's value go up when Bush was out? Before then, what did he do?

Wasn't he a product of an injury?

Sorry Saints WRs are always crap shoot, I also dropped Moore today, you guys have fun gambling, I am starting David Nelson and Nate Burleson for those sure 15 points each person.

LMAO! :doh:

Lance Moore showed up ready to play today!

:overhead:

Moore is clear WR2 and arguably a low end WR1. He's been hurt. That's all. Now that his groin is healed and he can run and cut as he used to, expect Moore's production to rise and Sproles' to taper off.

thank god--britt was my WR3.

of course, it isn't gonna help my soon-to-be 0-3 team. going against the baltimore offensive renaissance today.

:wall:

I have Moore in 2 of my 3 leagues. He's stashed on my bench there. Luckily in both of those leagues, I don't really need him right now until we start getting deep into bye weeks. Ill keep him stashed because I really, really like his potential.…

I too had him stashed today. AAARGH!

Hate to say I told you so, but I did! The people that dropped him are beyond stupid!

moore still hasn't proven exactly what I don't care for on my FF teams. Which is a big week 1 week and then a 2-15 stinker the next. I actually didn't get a chance to drop him because someone picked up Nelson ahead of me, but if I had executed the add/drop, I wouldn't have been too disappointed about Moore's week. Nelson is getting major targets in a pass happy offense that moves the ball fairly easily right now. Again, I fully acknowledged that Moore will have big weeks, but I feel bad for the people that plug him in next week and get a 2-15 stinker. That is the nature of the Saints WRs not named Marques...

The Lance Moore show is back in town. I drafted him with patience expecting a few weeks to get better and produce like a steal of a wr3. The time is now, it will be tough keeping him on the bench vs decent matchups now.

I started him over Hakeem Nicks in one, and he should be an excellent fill in for the hole Britt just created in another league.

I wish I had been that smart..Watched Nicks play while Lance warmed the bench.

As a Lance Moore owner in two leagues, I was quite happy with his breakout performance this week (too bad it happened from my bench...I just didn't have the balls to roll with him).

Here is my question: can we expect consistent production from Moore going forward? I think he's Brees' best weapon in New Orleans but he does have to contend with Meachem, Henderson and Sproles for targets. Colston too if/when he gets back. So I want to think that I can pencil Moore in for 5/70 every week but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

As a Lance Moore owner in two leagues, I was quite happy with his breakout performance this week (too bad it happened from my bench...I just didn't have the balls to roll with him).

Here is my question: can we expect consistent production from Moore going forward? I think he's Brees' best weapon in New Orleans but he does have to contend with Meachem, Henderson and Sproles for targets. Colston too if/when he gets back. So I want to think that I can pencil Moore in for 5/70 every week but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

Moore > the other Saints WRs

Saints WRs will always be a flavor-of-the-week thing and even Colston is unreliable with his various health issues.

The consistency in the Saints passing game is actually the tight end, Graham:

4/56-1

6/79-0

4/100-1

Scored in 6 of 7 games going back to last year.

The Lance Moore show is back in town. I drafted him with patience expecting a few weeks to get better and produce like a steal of a wr3. The time is now, it will be tough keeping him on the bench vs decent matchups now.

The amazing thing is almost all of Moores pts came on one drive. Saints' went no huddle in the spread and Brees hit Moore on like 5 consecutive passes including a TD and a 2 pointer. I don't own Lance but had to laugh thinking of his owners cursing him all game and then Bam! 21 points on one drive. Earlier in the game you had a Sproles drive and also a Jimmy Graham drive......Brees is the absolute best.

9 catches on 9 targets... that's why Brees loves him and will continue to feed him. This is his first game back where he was healthy and practiced... Just wait!

moore still hasn't proven exactly what I don't care for on my FF teams. Which is a big week 1 week and then a 2-15 stinker the next. I actually didn't get a chance to drop him because someone picked up Nelson ahead of me, but if I had executed the add/drop, I wouldn't have been too disappointed about Moore's week. Nelson is getting major targets in a pass happy offense that moves the ball fairly easily right now. Again, I fully acknowledged that Moore will have big weeks, but I feel bad for the people that plug him in next week and get a 2-15 stinker. That is the nature of the Saints WRs not named Marques...

You were wrong and I bet you play Moore this week.

After the game, Brees was on the radio post game show and was asked about Moores return. Brees said several times that he trust Moore and knew he would get open on those two point conversions plays.