Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Leshoure to take over starting job....

from Rotoworld:

Leshoure expected to take over starting gig

According to the Detroit Free Press, Mikel Leshoure is "expected to take over as the starter before long."

Leshoure is off suspension as of Monday. Meanwhile, the Lions showed a lack of faith in Kevin Smith Sunday night, using replacement-level talent Joique Bell for large chunks in both halves against the Niners. Still, we're not so sure the Lions will brush Smith to the side so quickly. Leshoure is coming off an Achilles' tear and Smith is a better fit in the Lions' pass-first attack. Both backs should be owned while we wait for this committee to shake out.

Source: Detroit Free Press

Sep 17 - 9:13 AM

hmmmmmmm i hope this is right. I need help

If both stay healthy all season it sounds like a fantasy wasteland :thumbsdown:

Not likely. We're talking about Kevin Smith, remember?

If both stay healthy all season it sounds like a fantasy wasteland :thumbsdown:

what i'm thinking even worse when jahvid comes back

what i'm thinking even worse when jahvid comes back

Best is never coming back. Done.

I don't see Leshoure being any more value fantasy wise than Smith. The Lions O-line gets zero push on running plays, their secondary sucks out loud leaving them playing from behind early and often, and the guy they need to have the ball in his hands is running downfield.

Leshoure may look better than Smith (or maybe not), but he'll miss pass blocks and get Stafford creamed. Then they'll be signing somebody like Hightower to split the load. Detroit RB is looking like a fantasy wasteland.

I'm a hopeful best dynasty owner. what the fock was I thinking drafting him this summer :dunno: , but I bet he plays at least 1 more snap in the NFL.

I don't think hes' done for good.

I'm a hopeful best dynasty owner. what the fock was I thinking drafting him this summer :dunno: , but I bet he plays at least 1 more snap in the NFL.

I don't think hes' done for good.

Hope you're right. Don't want anybody to end a career before it gets started. Just can't think of a situation where a guy with repeated major concussion issues has been inactive this long and returned.

Actually, the rumor is that he will be back in Week 7 after the PUP designation is done. They did another scan and apparently thinks are looking better:

http://niecee.com/wp.../brainjello.jpg

When you say looking better, it doesnt make me feel much more confident bout the situation. Only way i get any more confidence is if looking 150% is closer to the truth.

Actually, the rumor is that he will be back in Week 7 after the PUP designation is done. They did another scan and apparently things are looking better...super-secret scan results:

http://niecee.com/wp.../brainjello.jpg

i lold bro. that was excellent.

i dont understand why anyone thinks leshoure is any good. maybe his straight line running style is just what this team needs.

Rotoworld seems confused:

Lions reinstate RB Leshoure from suspension

Lions reinstated RB Mikel Leshoure from the reserve/suspended list.

The Lions have stated publicly that they anticipate Leshoure making an impact right off the bat. While worth owning as an RB5, Leshoure failed to impress with 44 yards on 20 preseason carries (2.2 YPC) and is not an asset in the passing game, which may cause playing-time issues in Detroit's exceptionally pass-heavy offense. Running backs coming off torn Achilles' tendons also struggle almost without fail. Leshoure is just a "wait-and-see" fantasy stash.

Rotoworld seems confused:

Lions reinstate RB Leshoure from suspension

Lions reinstated RB Mikel Leshoure from the reserve/suspended list.

The Lions have stated publicly that they anticipate Leshoure making an impact right off the bat. While worth owning as an RB5, Leshoure failed to impress with 44 yards on 20 preseason carries (2.2 YPC) and is not an asset in the passing game, which may cause playing-time issues in Detroit's exceptionally pass-heavy offense. Running backs coming off torn Achilles' tendons also struggle almost without fail. Leshoure is just a "wait-and-see" fantasy stash.

I like how they say players are worth owning as WR6 or RB5. Leshoure might be many teams' best option at RB2. What, do they play in 4-team leagues with their grandmas and little sisters that starting RBs are RB5s? I think they said DAmendola was a WR5 as well. A WR that catches 10 passes per game is a WR5.

I like how they say players are worth owning as WR6 or RB5. Leshoure might be many teams' best option at RB2. What, do they play in 4-team leagues with their grandmas and little sisters that starting RBs are RB5s? I think they said DAmendola was a WR5 as well. A WR that catches 10 passes per game is a WR5.

Yea, I thought that was odd. An RB5? With running backs dropping like flies and just overall sucking it up (I'm looking at you McFadden, CJ) who the heck are they using as an RB3, David Wilson?

On another note, was it just me or did it seem like Kevin Smith tackled himself on a lot of those runs last night?

Okay, I was a little perplexed to see so much of Bell last night, especially in obvious passing situations which, at the very least, should be Smith's bread and butter.

Okay, I was a little perplexed to see so much of Bell last night, especially in obvious passing situations which, at the very least, should be Smith's bread and butter.

Agreed. I just don't see why Smith is the stepchild in detroit. He produces every time given the chance

From he might be starting to he might not be activated? So in other words these damn reports dont know anything we do not know :dunno:

Leshoure might not be activated

Mikel Leshoure, RB, DET

News: Lions running back Mikel Leshoure is eligible to return to the active roster Week 3 against the Titans after serving a two-game suspension. But during a radio interview Tuesday, according to MLive.com, Lions coach Jim Schwartz isn't declaring a Leshoure return just yet. "I don't know if it's a given, but he's on his way," Schwartz said on WXYT 97.1 Detroit. "He did a good job of staying with it. He was suspended (so) he wasn't allowed to be at our games or our practices, but he could still work out in our facility and go to team meetings, stuff like that. So we saw him around last week. He's worked really hard to be ready when his number's called. We've been waiting a long time to call his number, so we know he'll be ready."

Analysis: Schwartz added that if the team activates Leshoure, then "we won't activate him to keep him inactive." "He didn't have a great rushing average in preseason in limited carries," Schwartz said, "but I think the one thing is he always made the first guy miss, or ran through the first guy. It was very rare the first guy got him down, and we're looking forward to getting him back and being a key part of our offense. So Mikel is a good runner that can get yards, and not just get yards, but move the chains so we can get more first downs in the run game." Detroit ranks near the bottom of the league in rushing, averaging just 82.5 yards per game. Everyone figures Leshoure will provide a huge lift to the running game, but as Schwartz indicates there is still a lot of unknowns surrounding Leshoure, who has yet to play in a regular season game. We still think Fantasy owners should have Leshoure on their roster, but Week 3 might not be the time to activate him unless we get a better report as the week progresses.

I can see Ben Tate there next year.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret- Most so-called fantasy experts are tools who do not have any greater knowledge or insight than you or I. In fact, they are wrong more than not. I spent Sunday morning listening to an expert on the radio tell everyone who would listen to bench Hakeem Nicks (199 and a score). Ignore the "experts". They're guessing. Get as much raw info as you can and follow your own instinct.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret- Most so-called fantasy experts are tools who do not have any greater knowledge or insight than you or I. In fact, they are wrong more than not. I spent Sunday morning listening to an expert on the radio tell everyone who would listen to bench Hakeem Nicks (199 and a score). Ignore the "experts". They're guessing. Get as much raw info as you can and follow your own instinct.

Says the WR Guru.

:cheers:

Personally I really like KSmith this week vs TN. 150 total and 1-2 TD's. I aint drinking the Mikel Leshoure kool-aid this week. :thumbsdown:

I have them both but I'm rolling with KSmith.

Ultimately though, I don't think either of them are going to be much better than a RB2. The Lions just don't run the ball enough or run it well enough for KSmith to ever see more than 15 or so carries. He may be a strong play against really bad teams because he's a good receiver too, but his upside is seriously limited by playing in that offense.

As for Leshoure, I got him as insurance but until I see something I can't say why anybody is up on him. Does anyone here really think the Lions are suddenly give him or any back 20+ carries per game? They don't run block well enough or play good enough defense to run that kind of O.

If Best comes back at all this is going to be a total fantasy wasteland. Our best hope is that LeShoure takes on 5 hard carries per game that otherwise would've gone to Bell anyway, KSmith continues to get 15-20 touches and produces as a quality RB2, and Best retires before his cranium splits open and his brain literally spills out onto the field.

I have them both but I'm rolling with KSmith.

Ultimately though, I don't think either of them are going to be much better than a RB2. The Lions just don't run the ball enough or run it well enough for KSmith to ever see more than 15 or so carries. He may be a strong play against really bad teams because he's a good receiver too, but his upside is seriously limited by playing in that offense.

As for Leshoure, I got him as insurance but until I see something I can't say why anybody is up on him. Does anyone here really think the Lions are suddenly give him or any back 20+ carries per game? They don't run block well enough or play good enough defense to run that kind of O.

If Best comes back at all this is going to be a total fantasy wasteland. Our best hope is that LeShoure takes on 5 hard carries per game that otherwise would've gone to Bell anyway, KSmith continues to get 15-20 touches and produces as a quality RB2, and Best retires before his cranium splits open and his brain literally spills out onto the field.

I agree with all of this. :pointstosky:

Leshoure may look better than Smith (or maybe not), but he'll miss pass blocks and get Stafford creamed. Then they'll be signing somebody like Hightower to split the load. Detroit RB is looking like a fantasy wasteland.

Are you suggesting that a RB should be able to block? What a novel idea.... :thumbsup:

Are you suggesting that a RB should be able to block? What a novel idea.... :thumbsup:

First of all, does anyone have any quotes from actual coaches or the front office about leshoure being given the job? this whole situation smacks of off-season puff piece speculation.

Either way, this guy is coming back from an Achilles tear. honestly that is the hardest injury to sustain and come back from. I can see him starting and gettign early down work but i doubt he will get 15 or more touches, especially in that offense. Both guys look like weak RB3s at the moment

If I was in charge of the Detroit Lions, I'd be giving Mr. Thomas Jones a phone call right about now :banana:

Personally I really like KSmith this week vs TN. 150 total and 1-2 TD's. I aint drinking the Mikel Leshoure kool-aid this week. :thumbsdown:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen guesses that the Lions will give Mikel Leshoure 15 touches in his Week 3 return from suspension.

Mort confirms the Lions are "excited" about Leshoure, although his projection may be a bit optimistic. We won't have a good read on Leshoure's workloads moving forward until after he plays a game or two. Leshoure would be an extremely dicey flex option against the Titans. Look for Kevin Smith to continue to lead the Lions' backfield in touches until the coaching staff proves otherwise. Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

In leagues where i own Kevin Smith, i picked up Joique Bell this week on the cheap. There is about a 15% chance that he could emerge as the back to own in Detroit. He ran tough against the SF D last week, and if LeShoure is not fully recovered.....

But until there is some clarity to the DET RB situation, they'll both be parked on my bench.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen guesses that the Lions will give Mikel Leshoure 15 touches in his Week 3 return from suspension.

Mort confirms the Lions are "excited" about Leshoure, although his projection may be a bit optimistic. We won't have a good read on Leshoure's workloads moving forward until after he plays a game or two. Leshoure would be an extremely dicey flex option against the Titans. Look for Kevin Smith to continue to lead the Lions' backfield in touches until the coaching staff proves otherwise. Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

When the hell was that idot ever right about anything? And since when did ge become a fantasy guru. Child please :thumbsdown:

I dunno... :unsure:

Between Smith losing carries this week, and DET did take LeShoure in the second round, I think - I'm staying away from Kevin this week.

After how well McGahee played last week, I thankfully have another strong RB2 option. :thumbsup: