Sign in to follow this  
PRuggs

Rashad Jennings Outlook

What are peoples thoughts on Jennings for the rest of the year assuming MJD will be out most of the year?

Do you think he can be a solid #2 Rb or Flex type player even in a terrible offense? It looks like he will get a fair share of touches.

My league has a Blind Bidding system and am trying to figure out if I should spend most of my money on him.

As a Richardson and Bradsahw owner I need a solid fill in player.

I'm emptying my budget for him. I have 70 of 150 that we started with. He's got some good matchups and I'd feel comfortable with him as my flex and some weeks my #2. MJD could be out for awhile. This could be the pickup that wins some leagues.

Yea but do you think he will do well this week against GB? The Jags arent really a good offensive team while GB isnt bad on defense. I dont think Jennings would be a good play this week against them since the Jags are a run first team and GB will plan against that.

If you are looking for a miracle, shot in the arm, stud on par with MJD then you will more than likely be mistaken. If you are looking for a servicable Flex type player who can start most weeks for you? Then you will be happy.

:dunno:

He'll have a few decent games when they play bad opponents. But Jacksonville is terrible and Jennings is no MJD. His production will drop way down in teh second half of most games, as JAcksonville falls behind.

He's no MJD

Gabbert is hurt. Which mean Henne who was 9 for 20 in relief.

Gabbert is bad, but Henne is worse. Probably means more in the box.

Outlook not great. Spot flex starts remainder of the season based on opponent.

Gabbert is bad, but Henne is worse.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find out that this is not true.

I'm struggling with this decision as well. I've got the #1 waiver & I've basically been hoarding for a major injury to occur (which undoubtly happens every year). But does this qualify?

RB isn't a position of need for me right now but I'm thinking more along the lines of supply and demand & believe if nothing else he would make a perfect addition to a package trade offer.

I missed out on him, but I'm not upset about it. Gabbert is likely out for a while or the year. Its a bad team with a bad defense. Are teams going to stack the box and make the bad backup QB beat them or drop into coverage and make the mediocare backup running back beat them? Who knows, but hes certainly not going to be a team saver.

I'm struggling with this decision as well. I've got the #1 waiver & I've basically been hoarding for a major injury to occur (which undoubtly happens every year). But does this qualify?

RB isn't a position of need for me right now but I'm thinking more along the lines of supply and demand & believe if nothing else he would make a perfect addition to a package trade offer.

My thoughts are this: even though RB is not a position of need - if is very rare that a player at any other position can step in and become an every week start (even if they do, you probably don't trust them enough to start them for a long period of time). If an elite WR, TE, or QB gets hurt, it is rare there replacement, who is on the waiver wire becomes, a hot commodity. However, with RB's, if the backup will assume a workhorse role they can be very valuable starters.

Gabbert is hurt. Which mean Henne who was 9 for 20 in relief.

Gabbert is bad, but Henne is worse. Probably means more in the box.

How does anyone assume that Henne will be worse? Yes, he was 9 for 20 in relief, after not having worked with the starters all season and joining a new team this year.

Henne's worst completion percentage over a number of seasons was 57%. He had a 60% completion rate for two seasons in a row.

Blaine Gabbert in this breakout year has been completing 55% of his passes. Oh yeah, I guess that's definitely an improvement from his 50% completion rate last year.

Not saying that Henne is any kind of savior. But to suggest that there's any meaningful downgrade from one of the statistically worst QB performers in recent history ...

The Jags had 17 completions last week vs. Oakland and Jennings had seven of those.

That's a good sign. While Jennings won't be a world-beater, having a RB who starts for his team with presumably no threat of a RBBC is at least a good foundation for a productive fantasy player.

I won Jennings in my free agent auction this morning for $35/$200. He's my rb 4 or 5 (with Mendenhall) so I don't expect him to start much, but am hoping that he has a decent game or two so that I can try to move him. I see him as a decent total yardage guy (80 yds/week) who gets 3-5 catches a game and the occasional TD. Since my league is 0.5 ppr, this is would be pretty solid output - probably a consistent flex player. I think his main benefit is that he'll be the starter for at least 3 games, if not the majority of the season. There hasn't been anything definitive released about MJD's injury, but in general I just have a bad feeling about it. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was out for the rest of the season.

I missed out on him, but I'm not upset about it. Gabbert is likely out for a while or the year. Its a bad team with a bad defense. Are teams going to stack the box and make the bad backup QB beat them or drop into coverage and make the mediocare backup running back beat them? Who knows, but hes certainly not going to be a team saver.

:dunno: Gabbert is likely out for a while or the year. :dunno:

He will be practicing Wednesday and looks to start at GB

I think he will be great in PPR leagues

Agree with this. I think Jennings could get 5-6 catches or even more as a checkdown option for a QB that isn't going to throw the ball down the field much. Jennings is a good pass catcher.

If you are starting him, you are already in trouble. I still hope I get him off of waivers tonight just for the fact I think he will make a great complimentary package piece for a trade down the road later this year.

Jennings is no slouch. Obviously he's no MJD but thats setting the bar a little high. He's a good runner, catches the ball well and is in line for guaranteed touches. He's also shown that he can produce in this role. These type of players don't just pop up on the waiver every day.

Sure the team context is kind of horrible but is it really a stretch to think Henne could be better than Gabbert. Gabbert has been possibly the worst QB in the NFL. They also get Indy, Buffalo, Tennessee, and the Jets on the schedule.

A lock for 15-20 touches for a talented back, combined with a pretty soft schedule. He is easily worth the 1st waiver or a decent amount of budget.

Of course this is all assuming MJD is done.

I drafted him and stashed him on my bench figuring MJD would get hurt at some point. I don't need him as I have Forte, Sproles, and Martin. I'm hoping to trade him for a WR. What would be a fair trade in your opinion?

I liked Jennings coming into this season, but is anyone concerned about only 44 yds on 21 carries against a soft Oakland run D (21st vs RB)? He definitely has shown he has the upside, but hasn't shown squat this year when given an opportunity. I would be careful about overpaying for him until he does something this year.

How does the news of MJD not having a lisfranc injury affect Jennings waiver value. I tend to save all my money for one key addition - do i bite here or do I wait for a better addition?

How does the news of MJD not having a lisfranc injury affect Jennings waiver value. I tend to save all my money for one key addition - do i bite here or do I wait for a better addition?

Regardless of whether MJD is having surgery, I think that Jennings is probably the best waiver out there. Most other guys will have their handcuff rostered or it is RBBC. Jacksonville does not have that.

I also think that MJD is out for a while.

Regardless of whether MJD is having surgery, I think that Jennings is probably the best waiver out there. Most other guys will have their handcuff rostered or it is RBBC. Jacksonville does not have that.

I also think that MJD is out for a while.

i tend to agree..just not sure if i want to use all 100% of my waiver money one him, or if i should wait for an even better opportunity.

So, would you you use your #1 waiver on him or Stephen-Howling?

Not on LS-H ... ARZ schedule is BRUTAL coming up ... plus you still have Powell that I'm sure they want to know what they have ... followed by Beanie Wells in Wk 12 who says he's ready now.

Jennings could be good now ... and then later, if Jax is not playing for anything or MJD stays out/re-injures/elects surgery.

So, would you you use your #1 waiver on him or Stephen-Howling?

Jennings is more valuable. LRSH won't stand up to the full load and that is going to be a RBBC, especially when Beanie comes back. Jennings is going to be the guy in Jax.

Jennings is more valuable. LRSH won't stand up to the full load and that is going to be a RBBC, especially when Beanie comes back. Jennings is going to be the guy in Jax.

yup. :thumbsup:

For those of you with FAAB budgets how much is going to Jennings?

I have 45 left...should I drop it all?

He's simply a depth/trade/block play for me.....I have Morris, Lynch, McFadden, Bradshaw....

Contract year for Jennings.

Better believe this dude well be trying to kill it.

If he looks good, it could make him millions on his next contract.

But the Jags are just sad, very sad this year.

The most interesting thing going on with the Jags is Shahid Khan.

Dudes kinda a bad a*s. Whats he do? Can he move the team? LA Express? Try and make a go in Jacksonville?

This is off topic a bit, but it's surprising to me how average Justin Blackmon has looked.

And the average QB play in Jacksonville is not an excuse, cuz that dude Cecil Shorts seems to be doing ok, relatively speaking; and even the TE Marcedes Lewis is outperforming him.

Just thinking out loud. Carry on.

I spent a lot on him just because I have MJD and needed the handcuff so I can sleep at night.

But for what it's worth, I watched them both play in the first Vikings game of the season and you could really tell the difference. MJD is so much faster and makes so much more happen when he gets the ball. I fear this is one of those cases where a guy is so good that he can make things happen even with a bad situation, and the backup is just not going to get the same results. Kind of like Gerhart filling in for AP.

Alright now, how and why is Jennings vs Green Bay the 8th ranked RB this week in FFTODAY weekly rankings :unsure:

For how long? 2-3 weeks.

I need more than that?

Alright now, how and why is Jennings vs Green Bay the 8th ranked RB this week in FFTODAY weekly rankings :unsure:

Yahoo has him way up there as well.... I thought I was missing something also. Only thing I can think of is they've got a bunch of receiving yards forecasted. By the time he gets to 8 carries they'll be down by 35 points.

For how long? 2-3 weeks.

I need more than that?

It is all speculation, but I think you will get at least 6 games out of Jennings with an upside of the entire season. A foot injury for a RB is not a minor thing.

Jennnings is one of the top backups in the league and should get nearly all the snaps. He can run, and catch the ball and move piles.

He's just been in an impossible situation and never had a chance to shine until now. The team around him sucks and he's a downgrade from MJD but -to me- he looks like the real deal.

ful disclosure: I'm a MJD owner and I already had Jennings on my roster.

In regards to Jennings ranking this week, he faces a green bay D that has given up a bunch of points to RB's and Jennings doesn't have anyone to steal carries. He is a better pass catching threat then MJD. The real trick here is if they can keep it close enough to keep handing him the ball. They are the healthiest they have been on the D-line all year, but that probably isn't saying much.

I saw someone post they wouldn't be surprised if Henne outperforms Gabbert. Listen, Gabbert has been bad, no doubt, but Henne is worse. From training camp, to preseason and that monstrosity we saw last week, the guy shouldn't even be a back up. Another reason our GM should be fired, but I digress. Gabbert had his best start to a game in his career and he will play this week, no doubt.

We will be feeding it to Jennings to slow the game down. If we get behind to quickly, it could get very ugly. We have major pass protection issues.

Shorts can keep Green Bay honest. He has had many big plays this year and has been a nice positive surprise amongst many, many negatives. We need Blackmon to step up. As someone mentioned regardless of QB play, he needs to be better.

Thanks for the insight JtmoneyJag. Knowing this thought process wouldn't you think GB would be thinking the same and play tough on the edges with the corners to take away the short passing game? Force Gabbert and the OLine prove they can take the ball downfield. That should allow the DEnds to maintain the edges as well as after Gabbert in definite passing situations. This basically tends to think Jennings will have to be very productive between the tackles (which I think he can). If he can force the GB Def to adjust to the inside game, then maybe the Jags can take advantage to the edges and short passing game. Play calling will be big for Jags keeping GB guessing. They can't just lineup and say here we come, stop us. Just my two cents.