Sign in to follow this  
edjr

remember how much traffic this site used to have?

especially on a Sunday?

WOW, what a failure this place is.

especially on a Sunday?

WOW, what a failure this place is.

you going down with the ship then, captain?

you going down with the ship then, captain?

i haven't posted here on a sunday all year.

i barely post at all, on either board. :(

i haven't posted here on a sunday all year.

i barely post at all, on either board. :(

#3 edjr

FF Geek

Group:Members

you're all posted out... take a breather :cheers:

FFToday used to be on a Sunday what Yahoo is today . The site just goes down on gameday .

:lol:

so true

MKB4

Moose was the man. And yes, the site would lock up every Sunday afternoon.. and yeah, in my one Yahoo based league, i got locked out when i wanted to make a last second swap and am paying for it.

:thumbsup:

Moose was the man. And yes, the site would lock up every Sunday afternoon.. and yeah, in my one Yahoo based league, i got locked out when i wanted to make a last second swap and am paying for it.

:thumbsup:

i agree... it seemed everyone flamed on him until he left though... don't know why so many had it in for him

i agree... it seemed everyone flamed on him until he left though... don't know why so many had it in for him

His specialty was sniffing out early scoops on injuries. Before guys like Schefter, Glazer, twitter feeds, etc. I alays though his news was right on the money.

I thought he passed away. Not sure though. Yeah it's a different board now. Still find some good insight at times. Remember all the cyber fist fights. It used to be insane.

I think back then there wasn't as much FF info out there as there is today. Back then this was the place to go. Good memeories.

Now my grandma could win a league with all the info out there.

i'm guessing your insistence on posting every little sky is falling thread about every player won't help bring the traffic back up.

actually i don't remember how much traffic this site used to have....i've always thought this board to be low traffic with some excellent quality mixed in....at times.

actually i don't remember how much traffic this site used to have....i've always thought this board to be low traffic with some excellent quality mixed in....at times.

I call BS!

I blame "the Latin Pimp". A few years back when the site was hacked and crashed for 3+ months until El Fuehrer could restore power. By then, the damage was done.

forgive me for mentioning mien Fuehrer. :(

Nah. It's not the site, it's the proliferation of FF. Every swinging Richard and Betty plays, so there is so much pandering and so many offerings most noobs don't even have to google WSIS questions as their league site most probably provides that for them. One stop shopping....

This has created parity which is somewhat fun but it was MORE funner when those that did their research and due diligence could dominate their league. Now even the water boy can find a gem without even trying, especially with the drafting features and site ranked players.

As for a trip down amnesia lane, I remember when this site locked up on Sundays and nobody could get that last minute injury status. I also remember begging Mike to add another hamster to the server. But I think that was more a server issue than a traffic issue. Kudos to Mike. I hope the hamster(s) weren't too expensive.

Also, the discussions and analysis that was the norm here is common place on TV and websites. I don't really care for them but it's everywhere. For me, I like the threads, discussions, and use the weekly rankings religiously so this place has been home since 2000. :wub:

I concur - MKB4 used to post breaking news here before the likes of Mort, Glazer, Florio, etc would post them on the national media sites. We would come here to get the late breaking news. With other outlets (as you mentioned) doing this homework for us, not to mention Fantasy sites like Yahoo, etc. partnering with Roto and the like, there isn't any reason to post on Sundays aside from blowing off steam.

Not sure what happened to MKB4 (or his wife), but if memory serves, he wished everyone "Merry Christmas" from FFT, was subsequently banned, started his own site, then disappeared into FF lore. Meanwhile, FFGuys, who used to share the same amount of traffic as this site, is now 10x larger. Not sure what their formula is - aside from having moderators with draconian policies - but it seems to work. :dunno:

I concur - MKB4 used to post breaking news here before the likes of Mort, Glazer, Florio, etc would post them on the national media sites. We would come here to get the late breaking news. With other outlets (as you mentioned) doing this homework for us, not to mention Fantasy sites like Yahoo, etc. partnering with Roto and the like, there isn't any reason to post on Sundays aside from blowing off steam.

Not sure what happened to MKB4 (or his wife), but if memory serves, he wished everyone "Merry Christmas" from FFT, was subsequently banned, started his own site, then disappeared into FF lore. Meanwhile, FFGuys, who used to share the same amount of traffic as this site, is now 10x larger. Not sure what their formula is - aside from having moderators with draconian policies - but it seems to work. :dunno:

If I remember correctly, it was the mods here that kept banning everybody left and right, especially after the shutdown. At that time all of them of over to FBG. But I don't see some of the old ones anymore, like MKB4, limodriver, scooter. Walter hasn't posted in a while either. I was never one to post alot, but always read a bunch.

The biggest problem with fftoday, right now, is that 90% of the Sunday posts are reactionary, sky is falling type posts by new members. "is kenny britt dead?" He's not getting me any points. "do the bills hate cj spiller?". "is so and so injured?" And half these posts get made midway through the first half.

I know I have little desire to visit this place on Sunday because of that as well as all the random "check in" threads. Check in if you're 10-0, check in if you have the most points scored but are 0-10, check in if you started Doug Martin and lost, check in if you're a woman trapped in a man's body... Who gives a ######? No one else cares about your team and players outside your own league unless you're having a legit discussion on strategy

#3 edjr

FF Geek

Group:Members

you're all posted out... take a breather :cheers:

I am #1 :mad:

While a small % of the overall posts, I still find the user posts about waiver wire guys to watch and home team info posted here better than what I see on other sites

I come here because the longer I play fantasy football, the more I realize that the so-called experts don't have any better insight on what is going to happen than some of the better contributors to this board.

The biggest problem with fftoday, right now, is that 90% of the Sunday posts are reactionary, sky is falling type posts by new members. "is kenny britt dead?" He's not getting me any points. "do the bills hate cj spiller?". "is so and so injured?" And half these posts get made midway through the first half.

I know I have little desire to visit this place on Sunday because of that as well as all the random "check in" threads. Check in if you're 10-0, check in if you have the most points scored but are 0-10, check in if you started Doug Martin and lost, check in if you're a woman trapped in a man's body... Who gives a ######? No one else cares about your team and players outside your own league unless you're having a legit discussion on strategy

Talk me out of replying o this thread...

Be the better man and talk me into it...

Didn't Moose start a site called fflivewire.com. He had some type to query that would pull obscure posts by beat writers and link right to them. He was a valuable resource.

Not sure what happened to MKB4 (or his wife), but if memory serves, he wished everyone "Merry Christmas" from FFT, was subsequently banned, started his own site, then disappeared into FF lore.

Yeah, and then during the Latin Pimp strike, somebody got in here with mod powers and unbanned MBK4, getting himself a permanent ban. Wonder what ever happened to that dude. :ninja:

The growing trend i see on this board that i dont think ive seen in the last couple years.....is people start threads...THREADS...like they are on focking twitter.

Nothing all that relevant to say or actually discuss.....just some random stupid thought that came in their head they apparantly thought was great.

Thats why we get 75 threads...with 200 views and 1 response.

Stop focking doing it.....

The growing trend i see on this board that i dont think ive seen in the last couple years.....is people start threads...THREADS...like they are on focking twitter.

Nothing all that relevant to say or actually discuss.....just some random stupid thought that came in their head they apparantly thought was great.

Thats why we get 75 threads...with 200 views and 1 response.

Stop focking doing it.....

It seems most people respond to those anyway. I have seen more than a few threads that could have lead to great discussion with a little research but fall to the wayside.

To me, it seems the threads that end up with the most discussion are hijacked ones.

I do wish I was on here earlier in my fantasy career, seemed like a lot of fun sh!t went on more frequently.

Not sure what happened to MKB4 (or his wife), but if memory serves, he wished everyone "Merry Christmas" from FFT, was subsequently banned, started his own site, then disappeared into FF lore.

I believe Moose got the cancer. Last I heard he needed to step away from the fanatsy/message board and concentrate on the more important things in life. No idea if he beat the cancer...like to think he did. Last active at Livewire back in December of 09. :unsure:

I remember this place was full of asswhipes who thought they had everything figured out and were pricks to anyone without a 5,000 or better post count. This place used to be just like FBG's.

I remember this place was full of asswhipes who thought they had everything figured out and were pricks to anyone without a 5,000 or better post count. This place used to be just like FBG's.

Hey fock you!!

Oh wait...you have 7000 posts....nevermind :cheers:

You are considered a pube-less newb until you hit 10,000 posts.

HTH

This here + all the political non-sense on the other bored.

Moderation is needed.