Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

If Tebow is realeased on not picked up by a team

So the Jags have said hell no to him coming to Jacksonvillle. The NYJ obviously don't want a piece of him anymore. What should Tebow do if released and never picked up again by an nfl team?

He has money right now and no doubt a very good head and work ethic. If he was never to play a down in football again, what should he do?

This kid is going to be successful in life I'm sure. He will be an asset to any corporation/company. But in what field?

Whatcha got business world? Where should Tebow fit in?

Tebow talk show?

Joel Osteen and Tebow - the greatest and most lucrative tv evangalist show ever!

Match maker - the only male Virgin superstar left

:doublethumbsup:

It's such a ludicrous situation. You have half the teams in the NFL starving for a QB. Tebow has intangibles off the charts. Teams are now starting to move away from West Coast offense to Read Option offense, of which Tebow is a master. San Fran, Seattle, Washington made the playoffs running the read option, Carolina did not. Tebow turned around Denver's dog sh!t season last year, won a bunch of games with incredibly clutch plays, won a division, won a playoff game, and.....can't even get a shot to compete for a starting gig as a result.

It's so bizarre the hatred teams have for Tebow. It's like they are blacklisting him for showing them up and their personnel evaluation. If nothing else, he can give your franchise a shot in the arm for a season or two for merchandise sales and attendance and fan excitement and possibly might deliver some wins for your rotten franchise.

Maybe Minnesota would have stood a better chance this weekend trotting out Tebow rather than frickin' Joe Webb.

Cast member of Survivor 26?

This isnt too far off, I could def see some lame reality show centered around Tebow popping up. Im sure networks have writers around the clock trying to come up with something to cash in on his Fame.

It's such a ludicrous situation. You have half the teams in the NFL starving for a QB. Tebow has intangibles off the charts. Teams are now starting to move away from West Coast offense to Read Option offense, of which Tebow is a master. San Fran, Seattle, Washington made the playoffs running the read option, Carolina did not. Tebow turned around Denver's dog sh!t season last year, won a bunch of games with incredibly clutch plays, won a division, won a playoff game, and.....can't even get a shot to compete for a starting gig as a result.

It's so bizarre the hatred teams have for Tebow. It's like they are blacklisting him for showing them up and their personnel evaluation. If nothing else, he can give your franchise a shot in the arm for a season or two for merchandise sales and attendance and fan excitement and possibly might deliver some wins for your rotten franchise.

Maybe Minnesota would have stood a better chance this weekend trotting out Tebow rather than frickin' Joe Webb.

I agree with this... I expect Seattle/49ers/skins/Carolina all to make a play since they run alot of spread option w/QB

He should be picked up by either an awful NFL team (looking at you Jax) or as a back up in SF or Carolina.

If not, then he'll go play in the CFL, win a bunch of games like he almost always does and then years later he'll finally get his shot again but by then he'll be past his prime. It's Doug Flutie all over again.

He should be picked up by either an awful NFL team (looking at you Jax) or as a back up in SF or Carolina.

If not, then he'll go play in the CFL, win a bunch of games like he almost always does and then years later he'll finally get his shot again but by then he'll be past his prime. It's Doug Flutie all over again.

:lol:

i don't think he makes a good backup. He won't get enough reps to stay on top of the passing game. To say he's good at the read option offense is a misnomer. He's good at running the ball in that offense, or more accurately running RUN plays out of that offense. If teams lock down the run and stack the box, I doubt he can make them pay with his passing acumen. It's time to admit he's not an nfl calibur qb. He's a good dude, and that's what makes people want to root for him, but he's not that good. Some other dude with the same skillset that people didn't like so much would likely be sh!t on day and night. I'm fairly confident someone will pick him up, but that'll likely be his last destination. Maybe he has a career in coaching in the near future...

-jets fan

Jacksonville has made it very clear Tebow will not be part of that organization - even if he's released. 0% chance

(Rotoworld)At his introductory press conference, new Jaguars GM David Caldwell shot down any chance of Tim Tebow playing in Jacksonville.

Analysis: "He is a member of the New York Jets," said Caldwell. "I can't imagine a situation where he's a Jacksonville Jaguar ... even if he's released." He obviously sat down with pro-Tebow owner Shad Khan and made his feelings on the subject crystal clear. Tebow is not what Caldwell is looking for in a quarterback. It's easy to see why the new GM would avoid the circus that would accompany Tebow back to northern Florida. It's a major blow to Tebow's chances of landing a starting job in 2013. The press conference's other interesting revelation was that Khan forced Caldwell to go back for a second interview with the Jets to make sure the Jaguars job was the right one for him.

The CFL is a passing league - - Not one of Tebows strengths either.

He has to be kicking himself for not going to Jacksonville last year. That was his chance.

Out of sheer curiosity, I hope he gets a chance somewhere so we can see what he can do.

You gotta hand it to the Jets, though. They basically ruined two QB's this year. They mentally ruined Sanchez by signing Tebow. Then they basically ruined Tebow by signing him then stashing him away on the back burner. Only the Jets.

Tebow's skills are specific to exactly one type of offense so if your starter goes down you have to change everything you do on O to accommodate him. That's not very attractive to most teams in the league, especially since he comes with all the media hoopla too.

I agree with this... I expect Seattle/49ers/skins/Carolina all to make a play since they run alot of spread option w/QB

Interesting thought. One of my bigger concerns about Tebow as a starter was that you had to mold the offense around him, so if he were to go down, yer screwed. But other teams seem fine committing to the read option, so maybe a backup in such a system makes sense.

Carpenter.

I didn't want the genius of this post to go unrecognized. :first:

Producer for Stigmata 2

Lead singer for Casting Crowns

Abortion doctor assassin

Playoff quarterbacking tutor for the elder Manning boy.

Manning - - pfft

how about the secondary of Denver? How the fock does a db and safety let a player get behind them with 35ish seconds left in the game from 70 yards out? I just can't comprehend how back those defensive players focked up. Don't blame Manning on this one

I didn't want the genius of this post to go unrecognized. :first:

cup of the holy grail?

He'd probably have a bit more opportunity in the NFL if he could throw a football better than he does in practices.

I fixed it for you; because Tebow has had success in the NFL. Did you watch football last season?

I'm not going to rehash if he should play or not yada yada. However its a bonafide stone cold hard fact that Tim Tebow had success as a starting QB in the league. It cannot be denied. There are a ton of current NFL QB's in the league that can't say they are above.500 in winning percentage as a starter and won a playoff game.

Maybe his style of play can't last in the NFL, maybe it can given the right circumstances. We will probably never really know. But lets not pretend last year didn't happen. It did, I saw it with my own two eyes.

I fixed it for you; because Tebow has had success in the NFL. Did you watch football last season?

I'm not going to rehash if he should play or not yada yada. However its a bonafide stone cold hard fact that Tim Tebow had success as a starting QB in the league. It cannot be denied. There are a ton of current NFL QB's in the league that can't say they are above.500 in winning percentage as a starter and won a playoff game.

Maybe his style of play can't last in the NFL, maybe it can given the right circumstances. We will probably never really know. But lets not pretend last year didn't happen. It did, I saw it with my own two eyes.

Dude Sanchez went to 2 AFC championship games, and holds the record, I believe, for most road playoff wins in the HISTORY of the NFL! I'd trade him for Mr. Hankey's son Corn Wallace right about now, and throw santonio holmes in out of principle. Point being made is, don't let small sample sizes and the outcome of a TEAM's effort cloud your judgement on individual talent. That winning record and playoff win means very little, even though I'll acknowledge he contributed to those wins and that win against the steelers, though that game was won on terrible steelers defense. Tebow is not good. He never will be. His time is coming to a close soon, and the year he rotted on the kets bench didn't impact any of that to any great degree...

Tebow would be a perfect fit in New England.

Fullback

Tight end

Special teams.

Belichick would find a use for him.

Dude Sanchez went to 2 AFC championship games, and holds the record, I believe, for most road playoff wins in the HISTORY of the NFL! I'd trade him for Mr. Hankey's son Corn Wallace right about now, and throw santonio holmes in out of principle. Point being made is, don't let small sample sizes and the outcome of a TEAM's effort cloud your judgement on individual talent. That winning record and playoff win means very little, even though I'll acknowledge he contributed to those wins and that win against the steelers, though that game was won on terrible steelers defense. Tebow is not good. He never will be. His time is coming to a close soon, and the year he rotted on the kets bench didn't impact any of that to any great degree...

Reading comprehension not a strong suit?

I was directly responding to a comment that read:

He'd probably have a bit more success if he could actually throw a football.

A comment that implies he's had no success. Which is false. Wether you think its a small sample size or not doesn't matter. It was over 12 games and he did in fact have success. He threw for over 300 yards the year before (his rookie season) at years end in a game or two. Folks act as if last year didn't happen. It did.

I have not idea if Tim Tebow could do what he did last year over the course of several seasons. If his style of play has sustainablilty in the NFL. A lot of people don't. Most NFL coaches and GM's apparently do not. However we will truely never know as simply put, nobody has the balls to try. Even with a small sample size of SUCCESS.

I don't pretend to come here and say Tebow could start or even play in the NFL at QB again. However what I do know is he did it once, and wasn't to shabby. Was he Tom Brady or Drew Brees? Of course not, hardly anyone is, but he did do pretty well and his team won a lot more than the other guy who is still in the league (Orton) and he led his team to a playoff win. I watched it all on TV. It happened; so lets not pretend it was all make believe.

A comment that implies he's had no success. Which is false. Wether you think its a small sample size or not doesn't matter. It was over 12 games and he did in fact have success. He threw for over 300 yards the year before (his rookie season) at years end in a game or two. Folks act as if last year didn't happen. It did.

Actually, his only 300 yard game was the victory over the Steelers, slightly skewed by the 10 yard pass he threw that Thomas turned into an 80 yard TD.

Last season happened, but what also happened was the Broncos went 8-8, and backed into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak where Tebow played at a level that even terrible doesn't describe (for pete's sake, he was 6-22 for 60 yards in the season closer). It is true he made some big plays in that Steelers game, but then he pooped the bed against the Patriots.

You say that these NFL coaches and GMs lack the balls to build a team around Tebow -- I say they value their jobs, and know that once you box Tebow in, he becomes a terrible, terrible throwing QB. You box Griffin or Wilson in, and they'll beat you with their arms. Tebow is just not in the same league as those other running QBs. Great athlete though, he'd make a fine modern day Crash Jensen, if he'd accept that.

Listen dummy, don't get so defensive. I probably read, count whatever better than 3 generation of your family combined, but I digress. Whether you were explicitly replying to a specific comment or not, the point still stands. His body of work doesn't warrant saying he's been successful. I cited a very relevant example. If he went and won the australian open mens singles title tomorrow, you can say hes talented at tennis, because its an individual sport. Tebow being the qb of a TEAM that backed into the playoffs and beating a team that clearly fell asleep on D doesnt necessarily mean he 'had success.' Again, see sanchez as reference, a guy whose body of work is actually significantly larger...

hth

Reading comprehension not a strong suit?

I was directly responding to a comment that read:

I have not idea if Tim Tebow could do what he did last year over the course of several seasons. If his style of play has sustainablilty in the NFL. A lot of people don't. Most NFL coaches and GM's apparently do not. However we will truely never know as simply put, nobody has the balls to try. Even with a small sample size of SUCCESS.

I don't pretend to come here and say Tebow could start or even play in the NFL at QB again. However what I do know is he did it once, and wasn't to shabby. Was he Tom Brady or Drew Brees? Of course not, hardly anyone is, but he did do pretty well and his team won a lot more than the other guy who is still in the league (Orton) and he led his team to a playoff win. I watched it all on TV. It happened; so lets not pretend it was all make believe.

He could go back to Florida and do just about anything he wants, and make millions. Real estate? Insurance? Car dealerships? Whatever.

Actually, his only 300 yard game was the victory over the Steelers,

I wrote:

He threw for over 300 yards the year before (his rookie season) at years end in a game or two.

I was referring to his rookie season where he played the last couple games of the season and had at least one 300 yard game. Against Oakland if I recall.

Reading...it's fundamental. :thumbsup:

I probably read, count whatever better than 3 generation of your family combined, but I digress.

English. Do you speak it? :unsure:

If you are going to try and degrade someones reading skills / intelligence you better at least type in proper english or full sentences so we can understand WTF you are even trying to convey. itsatip.

A minister

Tebow would be a perfect fit in New England.

Fullback

Tight end

Special teams.

Belichick would find a use for him.

agreed

well, thanks for fixing it for me. :rolleyes:

It doesn't change the fact that he can't throw. His mechanics are atrocious, and he puts way too much air under the ball. He will never succeed over the mid- or long term as a starting QB. I'm amazed that he got as far as he did without someone fixing his mechanics. And, for the record, I like the guy, and think he's a good football player. He seems like a good teammate and has a winning attitude. But he's not a QB.