Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Being cocky is what makes him great. ITSATIP.

:lol:

Only a cocky tool like yourself would think that. I guess that's why Barry Sanders never amounted to much.

Today looks like a big day for Harvin, let's hope he gets cleared.

If he doesn't, you guys like the idea of activating Christine Michael and useing him and Lynch as a 1-2 punch? He can really bring the dynamics on runs to the outside. His hands aren't too bad either for some screens.

An extra added elliment S.F. hasn't seen yet.

we have not seen Christin Michael all season basically, even though Turbin's running lately has been kind of meh (although to be fair, the stats won't show it, but he DID pull off a huge run against the Saints, which got negated by that holding penalty). It must be that they don't trust him yet, so that tells me it is one of two things. Either he has not learned the playbook (which would be really bad…implies that being around Wilson and Sherman etc. has not rubbed off on him) or, he is still weak in pass protection during practices. The last thing PC wants is for Wilson to get blown up because somebody whiffed a blocking assignment. I really hope it is the latter, but my gut tells me it is the former. If it was the latter, why not send him out there once or twice where the play call is a running play?

:lol:

Only a cocky tool like yourself would think that. I guess that's why Barry Sanders never amounted to much.

Oh so only non cocky players amounted to greatness in the NFL. Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Warren Sapp (to name a few) beg to differ. :doh: Newbie logic strikes again. :doh:

we have not seen Christin Michael all season basically, even though Turbin's running lately has been kind of meh (although to be fair, the stats won't show it, but he DID pull off a huge run against the Saints, which got negated by that holding penalty). It must be that they don't trust him yet, so that tells me it is one of two things. Either he has not learned the playbook (which would be really bad…implies that being around Wilson and Sherman etc. has not rubbed off on him) or, he is still weak in pass protection during practices. The last thing PC wants is for Wilson to get blown up because somebody whiffed a blocking assignment. I really hope it is the latter, but my gut tells me it is the former. If it was the latter, why not send him out there once or twice where the play call is a running play?

That holding penalty in the Saints game was marginal at best. Well, this is a guy that came out of college with attitude issues and apparently they have resurfaced in Seattle. Not looking good.

He couldn't pass block. That's why Turbin was always ahead of him on the depth chart.

And if he only comes in on running plays, it kind of lets the defense key on the run. Even the dopiest of coordinators will spot that.

Oh so only non cocky players amounted to greatness in the NFL. Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Warren Sapp (to name a few) beg to differ. :doh: Newbie logic strikes again. :doh:

I'm sure there's a good mix of both. You're the mental midget who said that being cocky is why Sherman is great. :doh: Sometimes I don't know how you manage to operate a computer. Dumbest fock I've ever come across.

I know you guys are right. I was just hoping for the speed factor, and the big play ability, which would be gone if Harvin is out.

Lockett would be the best bet, and I don't really care for him too much.

I think him and Kellen Davis are the only 2 guys I wish we didn't have.

I think you should do a little research on fan support thoughout the NFL.

If you want to talk about throwing snowballs at santa clause or booing nfl drafts, those are extra ciricular activities.

If your looking at pure fan bases, Seattle is clearly #1 followed by a close second in K.C. for the last 30 years.

Don't instigate just to be on the other side of a subject. That's the silly part.

Link?

I'm sure there's a good mix of both. You're the mental midget who said that being cocky is why Sherman is great. :doh: Sometimes I don't know how you manage to operate a computer. Dumbest fock I've ever come across.

Yes his cocky attitude Is a huge part of his greatness. The only part, of course not. Sorry I didn't spell everything out for you you fukking Simpleton.

To all the Hawk Haters:

STOP BITCHING AND ADAPT :overhead:

This week a reporter at Seattle’s press conference congratulated Thomas on bullying the Saints receivers into irrelevance last Saturday, and wondered how they’d adjust to bigger, more physical 49ers receivers. “We can bully whoever we want to bully,” he said. “It’s about us. It’s about a mind-set.”

The Seahawks play fukk you football and they play it better than anyone. That’s the mind-set. They talk about bullying people, and then go bully people.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/stop-bitching-and-adapt-a-celebration-of-the-seahawks-defense/

This is all irrelevant

SF fans will be cheering their team on in the Super Bowl

I know you guys are right. I was just hoping for the speed factor, and the big play ability, which would be gone if Harvin is out.

Lockett would be the best bet, and I don't really care for him too much.

I think him and Kellen Davis are the only 2 guys I wish we didn't have.

Kearse - He might surprise

Your logic was that being cocky made him great.

He is a great corner because of his skills, not because of his mouth.

That and your first logic was that Roddy White was on tilt for speaking factually.

Well, enough of the jibber jabber.

I've spent quite a bit of time dissecting this game from every conceivable angle, poring over all of the available data. All I ask of the Seahawks is effort. I realize that games can be decided by execution, turnovers, random variance, lucky bounces, catching a break here and there, a whistle at an advantageous time. All I can ask for is effort, and let the bodies hit the floor. 4th straight road game for San Francisco, physical road games against Arizona and Carolina and toss in a frigid soul sucking game vs Green Bay. Yes, San Francisco continues to eek out close wins, two of those by last second FGs. Let us not overlook how awful that secondary is, and whether the Seahawks game plan to exploit it. Kaepernick in his career has 5 INTS in two blow out losses to Seattle and always looks like a deer caught in a sudden blinding light with nowhere to get rid of the ball. This game is going to be even uglier. There is no available argument to possibly think this game is going to be remotely close. In the biggest games, with national TV audiences, the Seahawks under Pete Carroll always play their best football. They crave the pressure. The '85 Bears. The '00 Ravens. Will the '13 Seahawks follow as a dominant defense pummeling and pulverizing teams on their way to a title?

Seahawks 41

49ers 9

Well, I could be wrong. :ninja:

Ah, who are we kidding? I'm never wrong. :pointstosky:

Wow Drew Brees and the Saints couldn't overcome tons of old ladies shaking cans filled with rocks all game, twice. :doh:

Saints Super Bowl Victories- 1

Seahawks Super Bowls Victories- 0

Who is Russell Wilson's backup? I swear dude has the tiniest shoulder pads in the league, looks like a damn kicker. Seriously, check it out. Seattle fans should be glad he's not passing very much lol... Not being a hater, just saying. Those things are smaller than the ones Mark Wahlberg wore in that movie about Vince Papale...

You're failing to factor in the fact that their fans are very well aware of the affect that the stadium design has and that they have a reputation of being loud and that contributes to their exuberance during the game. They come to the game knowing that the noise is going to wreak havoc on the other team's offense and it's a challenge for them to maintain their reputation. It's one of those things that snowballs. Just wait and see, there will be a stadium built that's even more acoustically obnoxious soon. And those fans will break the decibel record. And that will make them even hungrier to stay on top as the loudest. That's how these things work. The Seahawks had great fans. Who were loud. Then they got a great stadium that made them louder. Teams were having lots of false starts......that made theme even louder. QBs were calling timeouts....that made them scream even more. Soon, their known as the loudest fans in the league. So they come to the game prepared to maintain that reputation. Especially knowing it gives their team a huge advantage.

This makes the most sense of anything I've read in this thread recently. And I don't recall Seattle as having the best and loudest fans when they weren't winning, which someone mentioned as well.

That bit about old ladies banging beer cans with rocks is hysterical! Still laughing at that one! :)

This makes the most sense of anything I've read in this thread recently. And I don't recall Seattle as having the best and loudest fans when they weren't winning, which someone mentioned as well.

That bit about old ladies banging beer cans with rocks is hysterical! Still laughing at that one! :)

Don't know about the winning, but those old Kingdome crowds were absolutely deafening.

Seattle fans are loud in any sport when they're winning. Like Mick said, the Kingdome was considered one of the loudest venues in the league during the 80's.

Carolina was 7-1 at home and SF took care of business.

There is a reason the spread went down on the game

It will be close but SF wins by a Phil Dawson field goal

I haven't visited this site in months. I'm here to post in this thread specifically, to provide the stealth 49er mojo.

Its interesting that there's 49 pages in this thread...

Yikes......good observation/bad mojo.

I like the Hawk fan dressed up like the Incredible Hulk, but what ever happened to the long-haired dude that would head-bang while hanging over the end-zone wall all game??

I haven't visited this site in months. I'm here to post in this thread specifically, to provide the stealth 49er mojo.

Take out Hawker and all those trolling him and this would be about a 5 page thread.

Take out Hawker and all those trolling him and this would be about a 5 page thread.

There is a lot of trolling and flame wars.

But there is a butt load of honest to goodness solid, knowledgeable Seattle Seahawk talk about the players and all things Seahawks. And it doesn't take much effort to find it, or even engage in it. This thread could be one of many things, instead it is just all of those many things.

My body is so ready! In hours my system will be awash in Evan Williams. If the Hawks win I'll black out celebrating. In the unlikely event they lose, I'll black out drowning my sorrows.

GO HAWKS!!!! :banana: :first: :cheers: :wub:

This is consistently among my fav threads. It's what I miss during my offseason hibernation. See u all sometime when FF draft buzz heats up!

Between running into the kicker and the bowman strip of the ball at the 1....... It's officially the end end flahawker bitching about the refs.

Well, congrats guys. It'll be a good Superbowl none the less

That's a joke, right?

This game might just give the 55-10 Broncos/49ers Superbowl a run for the most lopsided victory in history.

The Seahawks look like a team that just won their Superbowl. Enjoy the letdown in two weeks.

But let the circle jerk commence. You've "earned" it, Seahawks. Pray to the league gods you get the same Zebras.

Horrible zebras

Horrible game ending pick by kap - SF so close to winning that game

Horrible act by Sherman

When bowman went down I saw two hawks yelling for the trainer - good to see some players above the game at that moment

Very hard hitting Seattle D

Wilson played tough

Congrats to Hawks fans on having another game

Great win. :first: here we come.

No injuries coming out of this game. Harvin will be ready for the superbowl.

Seattle at full strength is really all I can ask for with 60 minutes left to to play.

I'm really thankful for facing that Denver D too. It's gonna fell like a breath of fresh air after a month of Arizona, N.O. and S.F.

How are the old lady Seahawks fans that shake their cans full of rocks going to help them in the Super Bowl? The twelfth old lady can shakers are going to have their sand paper pusses in an uproar.

Super Bowl Security: No Mam, you can't bring in a bottle of rocks. The NFL doesn't allow that for any game.

Granma Seahag: But we bring them into the games at home. I'm rich damnt! I can do anything I want. I'm the twelfth grandma!

Security: no mam. You can bring your walker and a diaper but no noise makers.

Grandma Seahag: if I can't shake my cans, Peyton will win. He's a mofo and needs can distraction. The Legion of Bloomers Needs me.

Security: step to the side mam. A Bronco fan behind you has less pressing needs. He has a Fan base that knows when to shut up.

Grandma Seahag: it's the only time I get my rocks off.

Security: We know.

Marshawn Lynch is a beast.

Yeah he is. My wife is a life long Bills fan. It seems like every game she'll say at least once. "Why'd we get rid of him?"