Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Guys the Chiefs arent that good... believe me

So if the chiefs eek out a win vs the NYG, then beat the titans and raiders in the next 3 weeks and go 6-0 are they still going to be "Closer to awful than impressive"?

No.

no one said they were.

HTH

Lots of people here think they are. Read the above. But I admit their schedule is such a joke they probably will get in the playoffs - and then get slaughtered in the first round.

Even the "game manager" QBs can chuck it down the field sometimes when needed. This dink and dunk crap won't work against good teams - luckily KC has very few of them on the schedule this year.

Good lord, the Chiefs go on the road on a short week and get a win vs a team nobody gave them a chance against and they still get no respect?? Thats the definition of a good team. Yea so they arent throwing bombs all over, cuz they dont need to. They were in control the whole time and just ran the offense how they needed to get first downs and keep possession. After the shady TD everyone thought the eagles would come roaring back but the game was still 2 scores away!

In fake football world, fans don't think a team is good unless they have a big 3 of fantasy gods (QB, WR, RB). Actually they don't think a team is good without a flashy QB even if he throws a ton of INTs.

I'm only posting in this thread so skinny_b@stard doesn't cover the whole main page :wave:

Lots of people here think they are. Read the above. But I admit their schedule is such a joke they probably will get in the playoffs - and then get slaughtered in the first round.

Even the "game manager" QBs can chuck it down the field sometimes when needed. This dink and dunk crap won't work against good teams - luckily KC has very few of them on the schedule this year.

Lots of people simply think that the OP is making an overstatement, implying that a LOT of people are calling the Chiefs amazing, which never happened. But to disrespect what they've done is bury one's head in the sand, or lock yourself into last year.

They beat the Cowboys at home and won a shorten week (Thurs Game) on the road against a team that dropped 240+ yards on the ground against them.

Give credit where credit is deserve.

I think they are that good. Reminds me if the Niners and when Harbough took over. Had talent but needed better coaching and QB stability and was in a division where there's room to win.

They'll make the playoffs

So if the chiefs eek out a win vs the NYG, then beat the titans and raiders in the next 3 weeks and go 6-0 are they still going to be "Closer to awful than impressive"?

Coming soon...

If this outcome were to happen, then the Chiefs would then just be "lucky", or... they are still not that good because they have such an easy schedule.

They beat the Cowboys at home and won a shorten week (Thurs Game) on the road against a team that dropped 5 turnovers into their lap.

Give credit where credit is deserve.

Fixed that for ya. They are OK, and they have a ridiculously soft schedule - but "championship team" as was mentioned earlier in the thread? Give me a break.

;)

Their defense was for real last year and it's completely dominant this year.

They had all the pieces in place, just no QB to lead them or of course coaching.

I thought it was cool when the raiders had 4th and 48 and only had a 46 yard punt

Next 3 weeks they get the texans bills and browns. If they can win those 3 they have a bye week to prepare for a potential undefeated showdown with the broncos.

Next 3 weeks they get the texans bills and browns. If they can win those 3 they have a bye week to prepare for a potential undefeated showdown with the broncos.

If they're at home, they probably win that.

Browns then Bills ......9 wins

How bout the bronco game? Peyton could falter under the pressure of a big game. Actually, since they lost it will no longer be a battle of undefeated wich makes it less of a big game, wich means Peyton can prob win. Strange.

They really aren't that great, but they win and that's all that matters.

At 7-0, unless they have an epic meltdown, they will likely end up in the 13-3 range and that ain't too shabby.

They really aren't that great, but they win and that's all that matters.

At 7-0, unless they have an epic meltdown, they will likely end up in the 13-3 range and that ain't too shabby.

4-0 is a fluke. 5-0 can be luck. 6-0 demands some attention. 7-0 is the real deal no matter how u slice it. Still lots of season left and the bronco game will be the ultimate test.

Fasano. I just blew like 10% of my FA$ on Tim Wright .... already had Fasano. Shoulda started Fasano.

That's the guy you want in that offense after Charles ... the starting TE.

Fasano. I just blew like 10% of my FA$ on Tim Wright .... already had Fasano. Shoulda started Fasano.

That's the guy you want in that offense after Charles ... the starting TE.

There is NOBODY on that offense you want after Charles. It's a very poor man's version of New Orleans. Someone will be good this week, but there is no way of telling who.

There is NOBODY on that offense you want after Charles. It's a very poor man's version of New Orleans. Someone will be good this week, but there is no way of telling who.

Yer gonna want Fasano ... trust me.

Poor, broke ass man's Jimmy Graham.

Yer gonna want Fasano ... trust me.

Poor, broke ass man's Jimmy Graham.

Did you just compare Anthony Fasano to Jimmy Graham?

Time to take your meds GFIAFP

They better be real..i picked up the KC defense after week 2 and they've gone bonkers every week in my starting lineup.

Given up 81 points in 7 weeks with 35 sacks :overhead:

mandatory weekly bump :|

Bills up next.......I will be there.

Son is a huge Chiefs fan so I am always pulling for them.

8-0 so far. One win against a .500 team (Cowboys), all other wins against teams with a losing record.

So yes winning eight games is an accomplishment, but they really haven't beaten anybody this year. Starting with Week 11 (two games each with Denver and San Diego, plus Indy) we'll find out what this team is made of.

8-0 so far. One win against a .500 team (Cowboys), all other wins against teams with a losing record.

Meanwhile the broncos played exactly one team with a winning record and lost to them.

how many of those teams wouldn't have a losing record if the chiefs didn't beat them?

I guess only the Cowboys. They are 4-3 outside the Chiefs game. But the Chiefs have beat teams with a combined 20-41 record so far. Take away the Chiefs 8 wins and that is still teams with a combined record of 20-33.

Their defense is above average/good but they have faced Blaine Gabbert, Tony Romo, Michael Vick, Eli Manning, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyrelle Pryor, Case Keenum, and Jason Campbell. Not exactly a murderers row of QB's. Only Romo could make a claim to being a top 10 (or even top 15) NFL QB right now. Next week they get gift wrapped Thad Lewis.

5 of their 8 wins have been at home. Which obviously means 5 of their last 8 games are on the road.

8-0 is an accomplishment in the NFL regardless of competition because every week is a grind. But the Chiefs are the "worst" 8-0 team I can ever remember. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 4 or 5 of their last 8 games. Now if they finish something like 6-2 (or even 5-3) over that stretch, that would be really impressive. I just don't see it. I would predict they finish around 12-4 or 11-5 and get a first round trip to Foxboro, Cincy, or Indy. In which case, I'd pick them to lose in the first round. Just my opinion.

As a niner fan I hope they go 0-8 the rest of the way :thumbsup:

But regardless of schedule going 8-0 is tough. Don't see how they can put up the points to play with Denver though.

8-0 is 8-0. They are a very good team. I have my doubts about Alex Smith and the passing offense come playoff time but you could point to a potential weakness on any of the likely playoff teams.