Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

Will Denver go 16-0?

It's like watching a video game at this point. It's been completely effortless on offense for the broncos. Unreal

It's like watching a video game at this point. It's been completely effortless on offense for the broncos. Unreal

I actually can't get Manning numbers when I play video games.

• Like 1

Honestly...it lies solely in the health of Peyton Manning. If this offensive line and whatever running back is in the game at the moment can keep him upright, I don't see anyone beating them. I think the Seahawks are the one team that could stand a chance in the super bowl if I had to take two teams right now...but it's primarily because of the secondary in Seattle.

@pats, @chiefs, and @texans are the only games they have a chance to lose. As long as Peyton stays healthy, there's a shot.

I would have to add @Indy to that list. That team is playing well.

Calm down. They've beaten the Giants, Raiders and Eagles - a combined record of 2-10 - and a Baltimore team that lost to the Bills today. Let's see how they look against a good team on the road before we schedule the coronation.

Calm down. They've beaten the Giants, Raiders and Eagles - a combined record of 2-10 - and a Baltimore team that lost to the Bills today. Let's see how they look against a good team on the road before we schedule the coronation.

Pretty much this.

That said. Their damn good.

Nobody talked about it last year after the loss to Baltimore but I think it was the biggest factor in the loss. THE COLD. Manning could not throw the ball down the field. It was blamed on the play calling but I don't think Manning could do it. One of the coldest games I have ever been at. Granted he has had another year to get stronger and I hope it will not be as much of a factor this year. Games will get closer in cold weather. Hoping for no extreme cold games this year for my feets sake and the Broncos! Watch out Dolphins.

The seahawks can beat them because of the secondary. But don't count the saints out, because Brees can be just as good as Manning and the saints have a defense. Also there's history there.

The big test will be when they have the AFC locked up with two games to go in the regular season.

Thats what will kill every Peyton Manning fantasy team and keep them from going 16-0, but Manning is going to get a lot of fantasy teams into the playoffs.

home field for denver is not like home field for seattle.

i'm sure Peyton would rather play in a dome. but 16-0? they only have a couple chances for a loss.

I really think @NE is their best chance at a loss

I think the Chiefs will play them tough. If I had to guess, I'd say their first loss comes in either Week 12 (at New England) or Week 13 (at Kansas City). I can see them losing Week 16 at Houston also. By that point, Denver likely won't have much to play for.

• Like 1

With no analysis whatsoever, I think they'll lose against an NFC team on the road. Those inter-conference road games seem to trip up these Juggernaut teams fro some reason.

Nyg versus pats in 2007 gave them trouble in week 17, but also when Denver went 10-0 in let's say 1998(?) The giants tripped them up too.

This is all memory and I'm just throwing it out there. I'm also fairly sure Denver has one such game this week. They also played the giants and eagles at home. That means the cowboys or redskins will have to get it done for this half asses theory to come to fruition

they are flat out rolling teams.

von miller will return too

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

only if they win all 16 games imo

Barring major injury or other catastrophe, I say yes. They're a juggernaut. Even if the offense slips when it's colder, they still have a considerable margin for error.

Barring major injury or other catastrophe, I say yes. They're a juggernaut. Even if the offense slips when it's colder, they still have a considerable margin for error.

I pretend to object.

Speculative.

As far as the Patriots being some big impediment...come on. They may be 4-0 but they were no match BEFORE they lost their key defensive player for the year. They'll be lucky to even hang in against Denver.

I agree. Obviously I was speculative for the Broncos drafting Manning, Decker, Moreno and Broncos DST. I don't see a chink in the armor ... with all the Denver starters on the field and the defense should even get better. It may be the best offense in the history of ever.

LOL... week 5 and half the planet is fitting these guys for their rings.

FYI Peyton has yet to outshine his little brother in the post season and this year underscores that 100x, this is it, it's win the superbowl or bust...

like the 18-1 season the pats put up, Peyton could throw for 80 TD and it will not mean a thing if they get punked by some overachievers like the chiefs or chargers week 18.

go ask Marino how much respect he got lighting up the charts with a pack of nobody's... the league is all about the ring so until Peyton can equal donkey jaw, or come close...it will not amount to a success to most.

As far as the Patriots being some big impediment...come on. They may be 4-0 but they were no match BEFORE they lost their key defensive player for the year. They'll be lucky to even hang in against Denver.

Brady is 9-4 against Manning, most recently beating him last year.

Also, the game is in New England. That's important. Manning is 2-9 in his career at New England. I have to believe that's his worst record anywhere.

Belichick has also given Manning fits in the past.

I really don't see the broncos getting past Jax

No doubt... This is what we call in the Biz, a "Trap" Game as DEN will surely be looking ahead towards their next opponent.

Nobody talked about it last year after the loss to Baltimore but I think it was the biggest factor in the loss. THE COLD. Manning could not throw the ball down the field. It was blamed on the play calling but I don't think Manning could do it. One of the coldest games I have ever been at. Granted he has had another year to get stronger and I hope it will not be as much of a factor this year. Games will get closer in cold weather. Hoping for no extreme cold games this year for my feets sake and the Broncos! Watch out Dolphins.

What was the temperature at that game?

Brady is 9-4 against Manning, most recently beating him last year.

Also, the game is in New England. That's important. Manning is 2-9 in his career at New England. I have to believe that's his worst record anywhere.

Belichick has also given Manning fits in the past.

Belichick hasn't given Manning fits in like 8 years:

2012 - 337 yards 3 TD's / 0 INT

2010 - 396 yards 4 TD's / 3 INT's

2009 - 327 yards 4 TD's / 2 INT's

2008 - 254 yards 2 TD's / 0 INT's

2007 - 225 yards 2 TD's / 1 INT

2006 - 675 yards 4 TD's / 2 INT's (2 games)

2005 - 321 yards 3 TD's / 1 INT

Average game - 317 yards 2.75 TD's / 1.1 INT's