Sign in to follow this  
dave32

Alright, props to seahawks, but let's stop pretending like they'll be a dynasty

Let's be honest. You're gonna have to give Russell Wilson at least 100 million pretty soon. Earl Thomas AND Richard Sherman are due a very big raise soon(they could give Thomas an extra option year, but you probably don't want to make him hold out). Michael Bennett needs to get paid right now. Avril is due for a 6 million raise and will be in his last year.

Not only all that, but can we stop talking like this is the best team ever? Cardinals beat this team with their own QB throwing 4 interceptions. Saints almost came back after not throwing for the first 3 quarters. SF had the game in their hands before the bad play call to end it. The bad part about winning it all is that everyone wants paid, so let's see how they handle it.

Let's be honest. You're gonna have to give Russell Wilson at least 100 million pretty soon. Earl Thomas AND Richard Sherman are due a very big raise soon(they could give Thomas an extra option year, but you probably don't want to make him hold out). Michael Bennett needs to get paid right now. Avril is due for a 6 million raise and will be in his last year.

Not only all that, but can we stop talking like this is the best team ever? Cardinals beat this team with their own QB throwing 4 interceptions. Saints almost came back after not throwing for the first 3 quarters. SF had the game in their hands before the bad play call to end it. The bad part about winning it all is that everyone wants paid, so let's see how they handle it.

wow you must be one pissed broncos fan . relax brother . give all glory to jesus and you will feel a lot better amen

wow you must be one pissed broncos fan . relax brother . give all glory to jesus and you will feel a lot better amen

What does his landscaper have to do with any of this?

I'm pretty sure no hawks fan cares about what Jesus is leaning towards. Jesus (if he has any opinion) is for the greater good of the world and couldn't care less about a game. Weepaws...your religion has no place here. Please remember that and stop preaching. It is pathetic and you know it.

• Like 1

In this day and age of fairness and parity, they could easily be 8-8 next year. Remember, things work for a season or two in the NFL and then teams figure it out. Defense or offense. And as you pointed out, guys will leave for big bucks. Wilson is a solid QB but he is NOT an all world QB that can carry a franchise like the true top teir guys.

In this day and age of fairness and parity, they could easily be 8-8 next year. Remember, things work for a season or two in the NFL and then teams figure it out. Defense or offense. And as you pointed out, guys will leave for big bucks. Wilson is a solid QB but he is NOT an all world QB that can carry a franchise like the true top teir guys.

Can always count on Debbie downer. Don't know how you keep that negative energy up! Impressive but amazingly sad and pathetic. Feel for anyone who actually has to interact with you in real life.

Its very hard to create a dynasty that consists of the same players. Seattles scouting department has proven they know talent when they see it, so retooling may not be as difficult as it is for most teams.

I seriously doubt that it's gonna take anywhere close to 100 million to get Russell Wilson to sign long term.

the biggest obstacle to a SEA Dynasty is SF.

Best teams in football in the same division.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

And as the OP said. Wilson is making 600,000. that won't last long.

Once the Patriots had to break the bank for Brady, they also started to fizzle and not be able to afford a stellar defense.

Not just SF...that whole division keeps getting stronger and plays great D.

SF is definitely a big threat to any dynasty.

Yes it is very difficult to build a lasting dynasty in the era of free agency. Thanks for pointing out what everyone and their mother already knew :thumbsup:

Not that anybody gives a f*ck what I'd say, but a lot of people on this forum are losing credibility quickly with their myopic takes on this team... The NFL is increasingly becoming a young man's game, which is in turn decreasing the effects the salary cap can have on teams. ESPECIALLY those who draft well. Pete Carroll talked a lot about the 'model' last night in the post game interviews. The 'model' is simple, have the best GM in football.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2014/01/31/gm-helped-remake-seahawks-into-winners.html

Can always count on Debbie downer. Don't know how you keep that negative energy up! Impressive but amazingly sad and pathetic. Feel for anyone who actually has to interact with you in real life.

Oh, OK - so you are saying that the NFL isnt filed with parity and one hit wonders who go from champs to chumps and vie versa quite often? What league are you watching? C'mon man, its just facts: The NFL changes quite drastically from year to year because of free agency, talent pool thinning, injuries, and teams figuring out whats "hot". Please carry on with the "negativity" rants if you need to but what Im saying happens quite often so the data speaks for itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if San Fran won a couple, before Seattle gets their 2nd,

Beware the Rams as well. So many draft picks with such great cap value right now. I'd be looking to trade Bradford if I were them.

Beware the Rams as well. So many draft picks with such great cap value right now. I'd be looking to trade Bradford if I were them.

Love to see them in LA soon and have a good young team.

Good points, this is why I love the NFL Playoffs, but hate them at the same time. "Any Given Sunday" is so true, and a one game and done approach doesn't lend to assuring the "better team prevailing". Other sports with 5-7 game series, increases the odd drastically that the better team moves on.

1-2-3 plays, and the "Dynasty talk" is someone elses....only in the NFL.

See Flacco if people think Wilson needs to be paid, and Flacco is a much better QB. You can insert Vick and get a more prolific offense. (Vick fan, Flacco fan)

See Flacco if people think Wilson needs to be paid, and Flacco is a much better QB. You can insert Vick and get a more prolific offense. (Vick fan, Flacco fan)

Not arguing with that statement, just the highlighted part of it. Based on what? And are you saying a 32 year old Michael Vick would be more prolific in this Seattle offense? if so, you're all over the place brah... Clean yourself up.

What's there to clean up ?....get a mobile QB with some average accuracy and game managing ability with mediocre QBR and you got what the Seahawks need to win games. You don't need an AllPro QB who can take a team on his shoulders and single handly win games.

As for Wilson getting paid.

It will cost Seattle...but if he handles that like he has handled everything else...I don't see him pushing to be any highest paid player type contract at all.

Won't be cheap...but would bet he does not go after crippling type money.

• Like 1

Good points, this is why I love the NFL Playoffs, but hate them at the same time. "Any Given Sunday" is so true, and a one game and done approach doesn't lend to assuring the "better team prevailing". Other sports with 5-7 game series, increases the odd drastically that the better team moves on.

:lol:

You still believe Vick is that good? Nick Foles, a third round pick no one had any confidence out played the absolute shlt out of Vick. And that Chip Kelley offense was supposed to be right in Vick's wheel house.

As for Wilson getting paid.

It will cost Seattle...but if he handles that like he has handled everything else...I don't see him pushing to be any highest paid player type contract at all.

Won't be cheap...but would bet he does not go after crippling type money.

Hopefully for the sake of his team Wilson will see what has happened to teams that pay all their money to one position. He can still get rich, but maybe he will sacrifice a few mill here or there for a better chance at a Super Bowl caliber team.

What's there to clean up ?....get a mobile QB with some average accuracy and game managing ability with mediocre QBR and you got what the Seahawks need to win games. You don't need an AllPro QB who can take a team on his shoulders and single handly win games.

How is this a revelation lol? Sorry. That's a Pete Carroll team for you, an offense that doesn't require any one player to have a great game for the team to succeed. He said it himself, even if one guy is off his game and doesn't execute, the team doesn't suffer. I did not understand your statement on Vick, as he is washed up and can't stay healthy. Maybe a 24 year old Michael Vick?

And Flacco, he's the biggest disappointment in the NFL. Sure he threw for 3900 yards, but he also attempted the most passes in the league. Let's also not forget his 19 TD passes against 26 INT's. He's just a guy, another solid QB who can drive the bus. But when asked to open up and carry a team he disappears.

I think Wilson made some solid plays yesterday. He sure as hell didn't hurt his team. But also not seeing where he's going to get big money.

How is this a revelation lol? Sorry. That's a Pete Carroll team for you, an offense that doesn't require any one player to have a great game for the team to succeed. He said it himself, even if one guy is off his game and doesn't execute, the team doesn't suffer. I did not understand your statement on Vick, as he is washed up and can't stay healthy. Maybe a 24 year old Michael Vick?

And Flacco, he's the biggest disappointment in the NFL. Sure he threw for 3900 yards, but he also attempted the most passes in the league. Let's also not forget his 19 TD passes against 26 INT's. He's just a guy, another solid QB who can drive the bus. But when asked to open up and carry a team he disappears.

I think Wilson made some solid plays yesterday. He sure as hell didn't hurt his team. But also not seeing where he's going to get big money.

Not going to take big money to make an impact from whatever new contract he gets in a few years though.

Because he is so grossly underpaid right now because of where he was drafted.

I think the Seahawks may have to decide between keeping Sherman or Earl Thomas in the near future, but honestly I don't think that will be a major issue.

They have Chancellor locked up until 2017, and he is a major reason that Sherman and Thomas appear to be so good; along with a rather talented group of guys up front that help a ton with their ability to pressure.

If I were them I would likely shop Thomas first, and then Sherman as well, and get some picks and depth from it. They can plug in rookie DB's and likely enjoy a great deal of success.

Im starting to dislike the one and done NFL thing. It does NOT always represent the best of the best winning and the cream rising to the top. IMO, if the regular season is going to count at all then the NHL and NBA have it RIGHT! None of this lucky stuff. You gotta prove yourself without flukiness, bad calls, crazy bounces, whatever it may be. It might be a novelty for a .500 team to get "hot" and run the table but sometimes it just makes for a miserable post season because it ruins what are supposed to be the marquee matchups. Its quite obvious that a 7-game series in football is basically impossible to implement. But, how about two games and a cumulative score? One in each stadium. Better record gets to choose to play home or away first.

I know people like the cinderella story but it makes the reg season almost worthelss. And, the NFL wants to add playoff teams. So, we coud have a 7-9 or even a 6-10 team "run the table". I mean.... how focked up is that? Some would love it but I would find it despicable.

Id much prefer the top seeds move on. Ironically, the #1 seeds from each conf were there. That rarely happens.

Frozenbeernuts, on 03 Feb 2014 - 1:27 PM, said:

:lol:

You still believe Vick is that good? Nick Foles, a third round pick no one had any confidence out played the absolute shlt out of Vick. And that Chip Kelley offense was supposed to be right in Vick's wheel house.

Nick Foles outplayed every QB in the league.

I may be stretching a bit with Vick, I agree with whoever said he can't stay health, and he is older now.

I'm not impressed with Wilson. He looks for his first read then runs out of the pocket, either improvises a broken play or rushes for yards. Hey it worked yesterday, but he wasn't asked to do anything spectactur that gets him MVP or Pro bowl status, just put up mediocre stats and don't make mistakes with the D and ST getting enough points to win.

This is a good match for that type of QB.

I seriously doubt that it's gonna take anywhere close to 100 million to get Russell Wilson to sign long term.

Negotiations for starting NFL QB these days BEGIN at $100 million. And the majority of those guys haven't won a Super Bowl, and none of them have more wins in their first two seasons as a starter. He'll get whatever he wants.

2014 RE-PETE! :first: :overhead:

A proven motivator who leaves when the sh!t gets heavy? Nice!!!

Its a lot harder to maintain dynasty status these days. Cant ignore that. lets review:

1) Free agency means homeys want to get PAID. Sure, some might rework contracts or whatever but the best players are gonna get paid one way or another.

2) Injuries seem to be more common than ever. Every player in the league appears vulnerable.

3) Other teams figure you out. Yeah, there are some smart coaches in this league on both sides of the ball. Whatever worked last year may not the following year. Ive seen it - Buddy Ryans nasty defense got figured out, the run and shoot offense got solved, etc, etc, etc.

4) Hard to stay hungry. Suiccess can breed indifference. Its human nature.

5) The parity we have now is unprecedented. Seattle could just as easily by 9-7 next year as they could 14-2. Seriously.

We shall see, eh?

This from the article I highlighted in my post above. By the way who the hell is Mel Kiper lol...?

The Seattle Seahawks general manager’s 2011 draft brought starting linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell to the team. That was after 98 other players had been selected.

Mel Kiper Jr., who is ESPN’s draft wizard, gave Schneider a grade of D-minus.

Schneider tried again in 2012. He took linebackers Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner, now starters, with his first two picks, then got running back Robert Turbin in the fourth round and cornerback Jeremy Lane in the sixth. Oh, and quarterback Russell Wilson in the third.

Kiper gave Schneider another D-minus.

When you have a GM hitting it on the screws like this, anything is possible.

This from the article I highlighted in my post above. By the way who the hell is Mel Kiper lol...?

The Seattle Seahawks general manager’s 2011 draft brought starting linebacker Malcolm Smith and cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell to the team. That was after 98 other players had been selected.

Mel Kiper Jr., who is ESPN’s draft wizard, gave Schneider a grade of D-minus.

Schneider tried again in 2012. He took linebackers Bruce Irvin and Bobby Wagner, now starters, with his first two picks, then got running back Robert Turbin in the fourth round and cornerback Jeremy Lane in the sixth. Oh, and quarterback Russell Wilson in the third.

Kiper gave Schneider another D-minus.

When you have a GM hitting it on the screws like this, anything is possible.

Walter Thurmond 3rd round, Kam Chancellor 5th round in 2010

KJ Wright in the 4th, Baldwin an UDFA in 2011

Starting guard JR Sweezy in the 7th, Jermaine Kearse UDFA in 2012

Michael Bowie in the 7th, Alvin Bailey UDFA in 2012

Brandon Browner was a CFL star after Denver had been too stupid to use him properly. Starting RT Breno Giacomini was signed off the Packers practice squad. Chris Clemons was acquired for Darryl Tapp (he still in the league?) and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms.

The Seahawks had a great run this year and congrats to them. It'll be interesting to see how many of their own free agents they will lose not to mention will they still have the same motivation next year as they did this year. The hunter now becomes the hunted...