Sign in to follow this  
peenie

What made you question your belief in God?

Now I understand why so many posters on this bored are angry and scared!

I don't even know what it is you're trying to say, but my irony meter just exploded.

• Like 1

I don't even know what it is you're trying to say, but my irony meter just exploded.

LOL. I hear that. Phurfur is FAR AND AWAY the most scared person on this, or any, messageboard that I frequent. "The government is out to get us!!!" "MK Ultra!!" "The Sky Is Falling!!!".

And he mentions the word 'scared'???? Holy focking .

LOL. I hear that. Phurfur is FAR AND AWAY the most scared person on this, or any, messageboard that I frequent. "The government is out to get us!!!" "MK Ultra!!" "The Sky Is Falling!!!".

And he mentions the word 'scared'???? Holy focking ######.

And don't miss the part where the guy who spends about 90% of his time bitching about mind control and people not thinking for themselves is apparently bashing people for not believing in God. Multi-layer irony. :thumbsup:

I guess when you're as close to death as you are, you need something to grasp on to.

And don't miss the part where the guy who spends about 90% of his time bitching about mind control and people not thinking for themselves is apparently bashing people for not believing in God. Multi-layer irony. :thumbsup:

:doh: :lol: :lol:

The angry and frightened come to attack their biggest fear, someone telling them the truth! Now go and hide like the scared little children you are.

As always, feel free to prove any of my links inaccurate.

The angry and frightened come to attack their biggest fear, someone telling them the truth! Now go and hide like the scared little children you are.

The sky is falling!!

It just gets better and better! :first:

Socrates told the truth and they poisoned him.

Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God... And I absolutely hate the f u c k e r.

I smelt a woman. Sweat, boots, tool belt, leather. Prospector type. Free settlers. And they only take the back roads. And here's my real problem. Mr. Johns... the blue-eyed devil.

What link have you provided in this thread, wacko?

:wacko:

What links? We're laughing at the board's most paranoid poster accusing others of being scared. Even an old, bitter dimwit like you should be able to see what's so funny about that. :clap:

They poisoned Socrates because he didn't believe in their Gods.

:unsure:

watching george bush steal one election and scare himself into a second....i knew then there was no god.

watching george bush steal one election and scare himself into a second....i knew then there was no god.

I was going to say Obama's reelection, but I didn't want to get political. :P

I think I was in 2nd grade. i went to a Catholic School. One day I said something about God and my older brother (he was probably around 16), said "Don't be stupid, there's no such thing as God." My mother scolded him harshly and it was more my mother's serious reaction that got me thinking. It had never occurred to me to even question the existence of God at that point. But once the wheels starting turning, everything seemed to point to not believing in God. I would say by the 4th grade I no longer believed in God. My mother made me go to church every Sunday until I was confirmed. I found Church torturous, I never got anything out of the mass, the same stories were repeated every year. The priests were out of touch. I used to tell my mother I was going to mass and i would just take off for an hour and come back without going.

My mother told me that once i was confirmed, I could make my own choice about going to mass. I rarely go anymore, weddings, funerals is about it.

I don't believe in God. I think that anyone who tells me that they believe in God is either not telling the truth or is dumb. I won't disrespect someone who believes in God but I just can't help but think they are dumb. Most people, I give the benefit of a doubt and just think:'they're just saying they believe in God but they don't really believe in God".

I think I was in 2nd grade. i went to a Catholic School. One day I said something about God and my older brother (he was probably around 16), said "Don't be stupid, there's no such thing as God." My mother scolded him harshly and it was more my mother's serious reaction that got me thinking. It had never occurred to me to even question the existence of God at that point. But once the wheels starting turning, everything seemed to point to not believing in God. I would say by the 4th grade I no longer believed in God. My mother made me go to church every Sunday until I was confirmed. I found Church torturous, I never got anything out of the mass, the same stories were repeated every year. The priests were out of touch. I used to tell my mother I was going to mass and i would just take off for an hour and come back without going.

My mother told me that once i was confirmed, I could make my own choice about going to mass. I rarely go anymore, weddings, funerals is about it.

I don't believe in God. I think that anyone who tells me that they believe in God is either not telling the truth or is dumb. I won't disrespect someone who believes in God but I just can't help but think they are dumb. Most people, I give the benefit of a doubt and just think:'they're just saying they believe in God but they don't really believe in God".

If a businessman tells you they believe in god they are most likely full of sh!t. Playing the pious angle is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Go see Bill, he's a good Christian. Or, that man couldn't possibly be trying to cheat me, he's a man of god :rolleyes:

When I found out that peenie was 48.

i'm not 48 yet!

(i'm 47)

Wow. :lol:

I was never able to make the leap of faith required by the religion of my childhood. It made no more sense than any fairy tale or science fiction novel I had ever read. Hence, I am not religious in the slightest. I try to not live my life in any type of fear based way, and one of the reasons, probably the main reason that I find religion in general distasteful is that at the core of most of them is the fear-based idea that there must be something after death, either reward or punishment, and people buy into it without question. I am absolutely undisturbed by the idea that there is nothing after death, so I don't need my soul saved.

I'll agree with the first half of this totally. It never made any more sense to me than your standard fairy tale. I've never experienced a single day in my life if which I would have said I believed in God.

That said, I am disturbed by the idea of nothing after death greatly. When I imagine it, I just see a pitch black room of silence for eternity, and the conscious thought of that terrifies me. Obviously I know there will be no consciousness and there is nothing to fear, but it is hard to wrap my mind around that. And for this reason, I understand and even empathize with why most people need a belief to grab onto. However illogical I may believe it to be.

If a businessman tells you they believe in god they are most likely full of sh!t.

In my short time here it has become very apparent you generalize a lot, jump to conclusions, and never have anything concrete to back up anything you say.

Works well on a message board among like minded people, but I'm curious how it gets you through your everyday life in the real world.

In my short time here it has become very apparent you generalize a lot, jump to conclusions, and never have anything concrete to back up anything you say.

Works well on a message board among like minded people, but I'm curious how it gets you through your everyday life in the real world.

Fvck off, troll

You certainly put me in my place with that one. Is that considered a win around here?

I think it's only considered a win after the trophy ceremony but I have never received a trophy so I am not 100 percent certain.

Logic.

What about logic would cause you to look around and not think that there must be a God? You truly believe that random chance caused the reality we experience?

I don't buy that. I understand the concept of creating a creator but I have an extremely difficult time believing that the universe just happened to happen.

What about logic would cause you to look around and not think that there must be a God? You truly believe that random chance caused the reality we experience?

I don't buy that. I understand the concept of creating a creator but I have an extremely difficult time believing that the universe just happened to happen.

For the sake of discussion, what are the odds at which you would say "that is too random to seem likely. Something called God must have made it happen."?

What's the line of demarcation?

For the sake of discussion, what are the odds at which you would say "that is too random to seem likely. Something called God must have made it happen."?

What's the line of demarcation?

I think it is infinity both directions. Everything big is small and everything small is big. If we could travel through space at will it would never end, ever. And if we could go so deep inside of an atom it would never end either. That infinity causes me to believe that God is real. I can't select a line of demarcation. To me it's not that simplistic. If you had one hundred pennies in your pocket and you dropped them on the floor and they all landed heads up in a row in order based on date you would probably think that is unusual. Our reality is much more than pennies in a pocket. I can't begin to explain God, all I know is that I believe in God.

We shouldn't need religion to teach us to love one another and take care of each other.

Unfortunately, now we have social media and the internet that people spew more hate towards each other than they ever did and it's never going away

Up yours

A lot of randomness can happen over billions of years...plus, if God really wanted everyone to believe, why be so cryptic about it? Couldn't she just part the clouds and avail herself to the masses like in the Old Testament?