Sign in to follow this  
jaybny

How can we take fftoday seriously with Gronk rated in tier 3?

Seriously? Rob Gronkowsky is in Tier3? TE10? This is so wrong in s many ways, it make the whole ranking and the whole fftoday, for that matter, irrelevant.

This is the same as putting Aaron Rodgers in tier3 and QB10. Just obviously wrong.

• Like 1

If you want all the rankings to be exactly the same and reflect what you believe, go somewhere else where everyone follows the consensus.

Gronk may not even start the season, and he is the biggest injury risk big name TE the game has ever seen.

Just copy and past the adp list from ffc and draft off of that.

• Like 1

Ya Mike ya big Dummy ... Lol. It's probably because he is hurt. I love FFTodays rankings and tiers.. I check it all season

A savvy owner would take the opportunity of this forum to ask why gronk was rated so low. A not so savvy owner would just bltch about it. You may learn something in the process that could change your view on him for the better of your teams. Also, rankings shouldnt be taken literally for every site, and you shouldnt base all of your rankings from one source. HTH

• Like 2

I'm sure that not everyone has the same feeling about any other rankings . I myself always do my own. But I do check out other rankings just to see how they rank them compared to me . But even if they are wrong and I always right :) they never ever make me mad and then to act like a foolish child .

All reports have said Gronk will play week one, and he looks to be in better shape than he was last year at this time. But yet FFtoday has gronk as a risk for re-injury and yet a a guy like Demarco Murray was slated to be 3rd best RB all based off of he is supposd to stay healthy. Seems biased to me

All reports have said Gronk will play week one, and he looks to be in better shape than he was last year at this time. But yet FFtoday has gronk as a risk for re-injury and yet a a guy like Demarco Murray was slated to be 3rd best RB all based off of he is supposd to stay healthy. Seems biased to me

How is it biased? Its an opinion. Bias would suggest an ulterior motive, and murray didnt tear his acl.

Reports were that cj spiller would run till he puked. These pre camp reports should always be looked at with at least a small amount of skepticism.

What if gronk doesnt start the season and then battles injuries the rest of the year playing 8 games? His current adp will have been a monumental waste of a draft pick. Some people on here are getting too caught up in a name instead of looking at facts and tangible risk factors.

Demarco murray was also the 6th best ppr rb last year and 7th best standard. Why is it so unrealistic to put him that high? I dont completely agree but to make it sound absurd isnt fair.

Too high? :dunno:

Graham

J. Thomas

Cameron

V. Davis

Witten

J. Reed

K. Rudolph

G. Olsen

Gronk / Pita / Ertz / Bennett / Ebron all in a pile after the top 8... so, possibly as high a 9.

Lol everyone involved in fantasy football has a list and that's their own opinion . If you don't like that list make one up . Wow seems a little silly

If Gronkowski does end up falling far in the draft (highly doubt it) then use your 7-9th round pick and nab him. If not, then there's plenty of value if you want to draft someone else

this is more of an injury thing than a production thing.

also, if you love gronk, you better love brady too, cuz brady #s are much better with gronk. just sayin

Sounds about right. I'm not going to touch him in the first two rounds. Probably not in the first 4.

We all know that Belicheck wouldn't ever do anything crazy like starting him on the active roster and then not playing him for weeks on end. As long as he isn't on the PUP everything is good

---August 2013

i dont personally agree with the ranking but as others have said, whats the point of cookie cutter rankings?

This horse has been beat, but one more thing...

You disagree with 1 ranking and it makes the entire site and rankings for every other player "irrelevant"???

Sounds like your butt hurt! :cry: :cry: :wave:

I don't think you understand the definition of biased.

I dunno, he may be on to something. Gronk may have an actionable defamation and/or discrimination suit against FF Today.

I guess I'm "biased" too, because I think the FF Today ranking is totally reasonable (though I'd rather have Gronk than Olsen, who is four spots ahead of him in tier 2).

Bottom line is that someone else can draft Gronk with an early round pick; I'm happy to wait on TE and get someone in "tier 2" a few rounds later.

Gronk is not of those players who I rank way ahead of where I would draft him. I believe he is the 3rd best tight end after graham and Thomas and only behind Thomas because of health concerns. That said, I would never draft him where he has to be selected.

But if round 6 rolls around and gronK is on the board I'm not taking olsen or pitta over him

I guess it is related his health concern. It is risky to to draft Gronk high, I am not too surprised with the ranking, which basically meant Gronk won't be on his team.

Whether he finishes higher than this or not, has the poster bothered to look at Gronk's real stat line? He's had ONE great season. One. We're not talking about a guy who puts up 1,300 yards per year. He's done it once. Using this reasoning, the poster could claim DeSean Jackson is a legit WR1 and ranked too low, Steve Slaton was the greatest RB in the history of fantasy football or Nick Foles should be drafted 1st overall.

-- Im sorry, but Gronk is now going either 2nd or 3rd TE off the board. A healthy Gronk is #1 TE.

-- Ive been following fftoday for years. just trying to stir the pot.

-- Maybe a good idea is to have a list of largest difference from consensus ADP.

-- There is a difference between rankings and projections. A healthy productive Gronk for 10 games should not effect is rankings, even though his projections would be low.

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch Gronk unless he slid to the 8th or 9th round. How can you possibly trust that he'll be around for a full year? The guy breaks a fibula when he sneezes.

-- Im sorry, but Gronk is now going either 2nd or 3rd TE off the board. A healthy Gronk is #1 TE.

Bottom line is it'd be a minor miracle if he actually played a whole season. So is he the second or third best TE on a per game basis? Sure. But what good does that do you when you're in your run-up to the fantasy playoffs and suddenly you've got a gaping hole at the TE position because the big man broke down again?

I'd probably rank him higher than FFToday did but it's irrelevant because the point is someone else will take him loooong before I'd be comfortable pulling the trigger.

• Like 1

Didn't he post Aaron Hernandez would be the #1 TE last year? Just sayin.... Could some of his issues be steroid related? The guy is 6'6, 265lbs with almost no fat, yet every picture I see of him is at a party and he's drinking. Either his DNA needs to be cloned and sold, or maybe, just maybe, he's putting something extra in his omelet each morning. We should nickname him Nephilim. If he isn't using 'roids, he's not fully human.

COnsidering the fact he could be held back until the week 10 bye, tier 3 may be overly generous.

I'm not drafting that cripple.

leave gocolts out of this

...it's irrelevant because the point is someone else will take him loooong before I'd be comfortable pulling the trigger.

This.

:thumbsup: in all honesty I misused the word. But..I stand by what I said in Gronk is way to low on the list...cmon a TE3? When he plays he is best TE by far. Just because he has had a few injuries doesnt mean he will have more...at least he comes back , and recovers well. Mikes FFtiday rankings look as if he doesnt expect him to contribute at all like he once did. Is that biased?

:thumbsup: in all honesty I misused the word. But..I stand by what I said in Gronk is way to low on the list...cmon a TE3? When he plays he is best TE by far. Just because he has had a few injuries doesnt mean he will have more...at least he comes back , and recovers well. Mikes FFtiday rankings look as if he doesnt expect him to contribute at all like he once did. Is that biased?

If gronk plays half the season like he has the past few years, wouldnt his year end totals be around a te3? I think the risk is so high that there are other consistent tes to consider. I think it goes hand in hand with his consistency rankings. A consistent player who scores a little less total points could easily be more valuable than a guy who scores a ton once in a while, like chris johnson.

Seriously? Rob Gronkowsky is in Tier3? TE10? This is so wrong in s many ways, it make the whole ranking and the whole fftoday, for that matter, irrelevant.

This is the same as putting Aaron Rodgers in tier3 and QB10. Just obviously wrong.

Prognostication isn't the art of ranking things the way everyone else does, or being politically correct with them. It is ranking players the way you feel they will actually perform over the entire season. I wouldn't touch Gronk as a #1 TE this season. I have no faith he will make it through the season. There are plenty of sites with cookie cutter rankings for you.
  • Like 1

Let me ask this: If after week 2 Gronks stats are 11-170-2 , are you going to try to tell me FFTodays rankings will not have Gronk slated back at the top?

Let me ask this: If after week 2 Gronks stats are 11-170-2 , are you going to try to tell me FFTodays rankings will not have Gronk slated back at the top?

He will likely be ranked very near the top for every week he's healthy. That's the point everyone is trying to make! But, will he be healthy all year? THAT is the key!

When he plays, he's top 5. And no, he is NOT the best TE "by far." That is clearly some TE/WR name Graham. I'd even say J Thomas might produce more. Maybe even Cameron and, at times, VD. But, when he plays, Gronk is top 5. Now, for the season, he might end of top 5 or he may end up as a TE3 after missing several to many games.

THAT is what these rankings are reflecting. NOT his actual talent or on-field production. But a very likely full-season production outlook.

Is this really that hard of a concept to grasp? The difference between weekly, per-game production and a full-season outlook?

• Like 1

Gronk if healthy is the best TE or right behind Graham IMO. Thomas had one great year, Lets see him repeat it before I give him a higher rank than Gronk.

***Edited to add*** Gronk wont play in preseason, and prob will have minimal contact till he returns week one. So if by week 2-3 Gronk is at least playing he will be ranked right up there with Graham. So basically with saying that FFTodays rankings of Gronk are based off of EXPECTING a setback...if not why not have him ranked where he really should be right behind Graham and Thomas at this time.