Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Toby Gerhart?!?

I will say this: he is surprisingly good on screen plays. He'll have a bunch of yards that way.

Plus, who else is worth a sh!t running the ball on that team?

Jordan Todman did nicely in his role toward the end of last year and was a great add off waivers. So yeah, that is who he is competing with. Jordan Todman.

Jordan Todman did nicely in his role toward the end of last year and was a great add off waivers. So yeah, that is who he is competing with. Jordan Todman.

I believe Todman was on the practice squad with the Vikings a few years back. Toby is more talented, so if Todman got some decent fantasy points last year, Toby should be just fine.

I dont know how this stacks up against other teams, but the Jags play some pretty mediocre run defenses this year:

Colts x2 (7th most rushing yards per game)

Texans x2 (10th most RYPG)

Titans x2 (13th most RYPG, 3rd most rushing TDs)

plus

Cowboys (6th most RYPG, 7th most RuTDs)

Dolphins (9th most RYPG)

Pittsburgh (10th most RYPG, 5th most RuTDs)

Redskins (16th most RYPG, but the most RuTDs)

They only play 3 teams that finished in the top 10 of RYPG

Cincinati (5th best)

Phliladelphia (9th best)

Baltimore (10th best)

I'm at the end of the snake in a 12 team ppr and am highly considering grabbing him at 4.01. Him and Jennings will be likely the only two 280-300 touch guys left by then, and lack of competition makes him a good value pick.

I already had 3 RB's (Forte, Stacy and Rice) and Gerhart was still there in the 5th so i had to take him. :blink:

Yup, got em in the seventh round of twelve team league as my 3rd back and couldn't be happier... For now.

7th round? You fockin kidding me?

"Why would you take Adrian Peterson's backup in the 7th round!?!"

- random guy at his draft

"Why would you take Adrian Peterson's backup in the 7th round!?!"

- random guy at his draft

Nice. Couple guys said they just couldnt take him cause white starting RB in NFL. :doh:

Nice. Couple guys said they just couldnt take him cause white starting RB in NFL. :doh:

"Dude, he is going to be the feature back for a team that HAS to run."

"He is white."

"He is a bulldozer and he is going to get a ton of carries."

"He. Is. White."

"Dude, he is going to be the feature back for a team that HAS to run."

"He is white."

"He is a bulldozer and he is going to get a ton of carries."

"He. Is. White."

I agree with the argument. White guys are not as good as black guys at the non qb or kicker positions in the nfl. I fear getting production similar to last years TRich from him, wich isn't a good value in any round. Sure I could be wrong, but he just seems like a lumberer that's gonna get 15 45 too many games. I'd hesitate in rnd 7 but I'd prob take him due to the rumor of upside. He's an ideal rb4 wait and see. But I play flex wich means my rb3 is just as important as my rb1 so I need a guy who can Start for me and run wild.

7th round? You fockin kidding me?

Believe me, I was shocked. It is a $200 buying league that is 15 Years old too. Guys know what they are doing in general. Just kept slipping through the cracks.

A Jax RB shouldn't be rated anywhere NEAR the top 10. Hell, I'd draft a Patriot RB over a Jax RB.

:unsure:

I gotta agree.

the numbers the RB puts up typically are an indicator of how the team is doing as a whole.

if the team is winning, the RB gets a bunch of garbage time carries to kill the clock and those garbage time carries typically account for 20-40 yards per game with the occasional TD sprinkled in there.

If the team is losing early, they abandon the run and try to catch up by throwing the ball. the prime motovator here is that you get more plays in and do not kill the clock on an incomplete pass.

so you shouldnt be rating this guy top 5 unless you think Jax will have a winning season.

I'd buy top 10. but top 5 is a real tough thing for me to justify.

Someone said "who" when I drafted him 5.5 in a 12 men money league. I told him I'm handcuffing ADP early this year.

Believe me, I was shocked. It is a $200 buying league that is 15 Years old too. Guys know what they are doing in general. Just kept slipping through the cracks.

They do know what they are doing. They didn't draft him. You did, which means...

This thread will be enjoyable for someone at some point this season. Gerhart should be a solid RB2. Those stating they wouldn't even take him as an RB3 are crazy. I'll eat some crow and come back to this thread if I'm wrong.

This thread will be enjoyable for someone at some point this season. Gerhart should be a solid RB2. Those stating they wouldn't even take him as an RB3 are crazy. I'll eat some crow and come back to this thread if I'm wrong.

It's half the reason I come to the board. I've called the guy a disaster. But I'll eat the crow if he produces.

He won't.

It's half the reason I come to the board. I've called the guy a disaster. But I'll eat the crow if he produces.

He won't.

Put money on the Vegas under then. 950/7

Put money on the Vegas under then. 950/7

Wow, is that the line? Vegas knows the guy has no shot.

Wow, is that the line? Vegas knows the guy has no shot.

That's the rushing total. If he has a couple hundred receiving and finishes with 1200 ap yards with 7 tds that puts him at 162 on the year. That would've been around 14th RB last year and if he only gets 950/7 he would've been around RB20 last year. Basically Vegas thinks he is a solid/high end RB2. He is projected as RB10 by our own beloved site.

IF he stays healthy and IF they will let him be the workhorse, he is a steal at his ADP....with low RB1 upside.

If Bortles gets into the action and Hurns/Lee/Shorts can keep defenses honest....look out.

IF he stays healthy and IF they will let him be the workhorse, he is a steal at his ADP....with low RB1 upside.

If Bortles gets into the action and Hurns/Lee/Shorts can keep defenses honest....look out.

I'm on board this big white train

That's the rushing total. If he has a couple hundred receiving and finishes with 1200 ap yards with 7 tds that puts him at 162 on the year. That would've been around 14th RB last year and if he only gets 950/7 he would've been around RB20 last year. Basically Vegas thinks he is a solid/high end RB2. He is projected as RB10 by our own beloved site.

He opens at Philly and then at Washington. Two pitiful defenses. He has to go nuts those weeks. If he puts up some mediocre numbers against them it's over.

Now, at Philly when its 31-0 at halftime, people will be looking forward to Washington. If he doesn't run wild against the Skins he's a horrendous football player and a galactically bad fantasy pick.

Fixed.

/discussion.

I do think people have some (perhaps unconscious) bias about this and I'm willing to gamble that volume will equal production in this case. I think he's a solid value @ his ADP. Not huge upside, but should be a reliable 10ish pts per week. If you draft heavy on non-RB in the early rounds and he's your RB2 things are looking pretty good. If he's your RB1 I'd be nervous.

He opens at Philly and then at Washington. Two pitiful defenses. He has to go nuts those weeks. If he puts up some mediocre numbers against them it's over.

Now, at Philly when its 31-0 at halftime, people will be looking forward to Washington. If he doesn't run wild against the Skins he's a horrendous football player and a galactically bad fantasy pick.

Philly most definitely does not have a pitiful defense. Your fantasy teams will suffer if you play each matchup with this belief.

Philly most definitely does not have a pitiful defense. Your fantasy teams will suffer if you play each matchup with this belief.

Philly had a Top 10 run D last year. The passing D was terrible but it looks like Malcolm Jenkins and Nolan Carroll were big upgrades on the back end. I'm still not sure they have a pass rush.

If they finish middle of the road as a D I will be pretty happy. :dunno:

Who have been some good white fantasy RB's?

Hillis - circa 2010?

Alstott?

Riggins in the EARLY days of FF?

If you don't like him bring some facts. That's why this site is good. People take time to research and then present that research here.

Philly has a really solid front/LB play against the run.

If you don't like him bring some facts. That's why this site is good. People take time to research and then present that research here.

Philly has a really solid front/LB play against the run.

He wears a Jaguar logo on his Helmut. That's not good. I can't give any harder hitting analysis.

Onboard the Kunta Gerhart Express. I just picked him up for $11/$250 in a dynasty startup and will be riding this pale horse until Carlos Hyde hatches.

So did MJD

But he sucked once they went to those 2-tones.

As a vikings fan who has watched most games over the last 15 years, more importantly 5, I can tell you gerhardt as a starting running back for any team in the league sounded like a horrendous decision when I first heard it. He is a slow plodding back, makes no good decisions. He can catch the ball, he can block, and he can hit a hole with some aggression, but I have a super hard time envisioning him finishing in the top 20 RBs in the league. I make that statement knowing full well the volume of touches, given he stays healthy, would virtually guarantee it for most backs. And it ain't black or white, he's just plain vanilla. I watched a good portion of the Jags first half in week 2, todman was noticeably faster, more explosive, made people miss. Gerhardt reminds me of TRich, minus the Gregory Hines routine before the line of scrimmage.

All this being said, his ADP people are tossing around in this thread makes him an easy pick. If rice is gone in the 5th and I need a third RB, that's a no brainer. I just don't view him as the 5th most valuable back at years end, if you do, I would temper expectations big time.

As a vikings fan who has watched most games over the last 15 years, more importantly 5, I can tell you gerhardt as a starting running back for any team in the league sounded like a horrendous decision when I first heard it. He is a slow plodding back, makes no good decisions. He can catch the ball, he can block, and he can hit a hole with some aggression, but I have a super hard time envisioning him finishing in the top 20 RBs in the league. I make that statement knowing full well the volume of touches, given he stays healthy, would virtually guarantee it for most backs. And it ain't black or white, he's just plain vanilla. I watched a good portion of the Jags first half in week 2, todman was noticeably faster, more explosive, made people miss. Gerhardt reminds me of TRich, minus the Gregory Hines routine before the line of scrimmage.

All this being said, his ADP people are tossing around in this thread makes him an easy pick. If rice is gone in the 5th and I need a third RB, that's a no brainer. I just don't view him as the 5th most valuable back at years end, if you do, I would temper expectations big time.

Do you think Todman is a vital handcuff for Gerhart owners? I don't have the roster space for him but I'm thinking maybe I need to make space...

Do you think Todman is a vital handcuff for Gerhart owners? I don't have the roster space for him but I'm thinking maybe I need to make space...

I was wondering the same thing. in limited touches he did reasonably well last year.

I'd certainly classify him as a player of interest. only problem is... considering Gerharts salary and all the fanfare with his arrival, he'd really have to stink the joint out to lose his job earlier than week 8. Management will give him every opportunity to prove they made a wise choice in brining him over.

I figure Todman is more likely a factor in the second half of the season or if Gerhart gets hurt.