Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Situation in Ferguson, MO

Only five days after everything started... Glad he is on top of things...

"There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting," Obama said a televised remarks.

"There's also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protesters or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their first amendment rights," he said, speaking to the press from Edgartown, Massachusetts near where he is vacationing with his family.

Seems like he tried letting local authorities handle it...still is other than giving his opinion.

BTW...hard to argue with anything he said in this statement either.

Seems like he tried letting local authorities handle it...still is other than giving his opinion.

BTW...hard to argue with anything he said in this statement either.

Your English teacher needs to be clubbed to death.

Bringing Obama into this discussion does nothing but drag it down to the typical low level of discourse that turned droves of good people away from here. Way to go guys.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Bringing Obama into this discussion does nothing but drag it down to the typical low level of discourse that turned droves of good people away from here. Way to go guys.

Obama has no business being associated with this situation. But once he makes public comments and fans the flames, his comments are fair game to bring into the discussion.

While I have no sympathy for the looters getting focked up, admittedly in an overall sense it's troubling how heavily armed most police forces are now today. We see the government targeting citizens race, sex, political leanings, while spying on everybody in secrecy and forcing us to do things that we don't want to do. Then they use their government workers to swing their bully sticks, and the cops are a part of that. Well armed militias aren't going to be able to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. Our government continues to become more despicable by the day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08/13/ferguson-police-michael-brown-militarization-column/14006383/

april 29, 1992

There was a riot on the streets tell me where were you.

If they are being peaceful...they have every right to be there...no matter where the people are from.

That is a big if with what has been reported though.

Well I did say "rioters and looters". :dunno:

Well I did say "rioters and looters". :dunno:

Agreed...those people, especially from out of the area...are what end up hurting the cause of such protests.

From the article:

I was using the article to confirm PB's assertion that the police are being armed by the goverment.

I just think it's interesting that there's no hue and cry from the "libertarians" in the face of a militarized police force hugely overreacting just so they can use all their toys while trampling the freedom of the press and of people's right to peaceably assemble.

This is the same group of libertarians who said nothing about our government's right to kidnap and torture it's own citizens but think Obummercare is a gross violation of rights. :wacko:

Or 2nd amendment people arguing that Brown should have been carrying to fend of govt officials overstepping their rights

maybe he was carrying, there are photos of him with a gun in the past. :dunno:

oh yeah that wouldnt have come out by now?

come on

also can you link those pics??

This is the same group of libertarians who said nothing about our government's right to kidnap and torture it's own citizens but think Obummercare is a gross violation of rights. :wacko:

Ahem. For example: I've gone on record numerous times about the government sending out drones into other countries and killing U.S. citizens for alleged crimes, without the person ever being given a fair trial.

And, yes, ObamaCare is a tragedy as well.

Besides, torture is a bit subjective. I've waterboarded plenty of beer back in the day, and I say it was a hoot.

And your point? Presidents shouldn't ever play golf after giving statements?

:doh:

Or 2nd amendment people arguing that Brown should have been carrying to fend of govt officials overstepping their rights

Not sure if he would have passed the background check. :dunno:

I was using the article to confirm PB's assertion that the police are being armed by the goverment.

In that context, I get it. I thought it was being cited as being relevant to :cheers: with what's up in Ferguson. My bad.

Have not seen a report yet saying anything other than he was unarmed.

:doh:

So, what is your point about the golf time. Why is that such an issue to you?

Hey Paul since you're here, any recent new arrivals to the Geek Club who live within 509 yards of Recliner Pilot and Googballz? Wondering if we can arrange some kind of gaytard meetup in Texas.

Thanks in advance. :cheers:

What interests me is that there's a bunch of posters here who claim some kind of libertarian/constructionist purity when it comes to government overreach, but then when a basically paramilitary police force is running wild in the streets of an American city, they all side 100% with the cops.

Eh, I do almost always side with cops who's salary is paid by the local municipality. The FBI too.

I can't say the same thing about the NSA or CIA.

State police are taking over in Ferguson. People probably start getting fired soon.

As an FFT libertarian I support police takeovers and media suppression. :thumbsup:

Police Chief rips Obama.

Police chief rips Obama remarks

The executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police criticized President Obama Thursday for his remarks about law enforcement in Ferguson, Mo.

"I would contend that discussing police tactics from Martha's Vineyard is not helpful to ultimately calming the situation," director Jim Pasco said in an interview with The Hill.

"I think what he has to do as president and as a constitutional lawyer is remember that there is a process in the United States and the process is being followed, for good or for ill, by the police and by the county and by the city and by the prosecutors’ office," Pasco added.

Pasco harkened back to 2009, when Obama criticized a Massachusetts police officer for arresting Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, when he was attempting to break into his own home. Obama said the officer had “acted stupidly.”

"That is one where the president spoke precipitously without all the facts," Pasco said, adding that the current situation "is a much larger and more tragic incident."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/215178-police-chief-hits-obama-for-ferguson-remarks

To bad he isn't E.F. Hutton.

Too bad he isn't E. H. Holder.

Wow, I honestly didn't see Obama getting worked into this thread. Impressive, even for this group of retards