Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Situation in Ferguson, MO

No comment from the crowd condemning the cop in light of the new revalations about the dead 6'-4" 290 lb kid who was a robbery suspect?

It still doesn't change the fact that the cop got out of his car and shot the kid multiple times, does it?

It still doesn't change the fact that the cop got out of his car and shot the kid multiple times, does it?

Nope.

But the story of some innocent kid just walking down the street seems to be falling apart.

fact ?

Can't you read? He was large.

Duh.

Nope.

But the story of some innocent kid just walking down the street seems to be falling apart.

I posted yesterday that facts would come out about the kid showing he was no angel, but once the "imminent threat" was removed because he took off running, so was the rationale for shooting him.

I posted yesterday that facts would come out about the kid showing he was no angel, but once the "imminent threat" was removed because he took off running, so was the rationale for shooting him.

Could be.

The kid obviously was no saint, but there should be a pretty large gap between questioning a kid, maybe getting into a scuffle, and killing the kid. Does the police have any non lethal weapons on them?

Exactly...size or what he had done in his past are irrelevant at that point.

agree, and if thats how it went down then the cop should get life or death penalty.

But certainly all the facts are not in.

Being a bad person does not justify being shot.

No one yet knows what transpired.

Its the "in" thing to locate and exploit any notion of racism because it sells; media outlets make their sponsors happy, civil rights leaders get to pretend they are relevant, people struggling get to justify their hate for other races...while they themselves claim to be victims of racism.

Meanwhile, young African Americans are dying every day in obscene numbers....but that does not sell a TV spot, and thus does not get Sharpton in front of a camera, or feed into the misplaced anger at whitey.

Did you see that news bit about the African American police officer who shot the unarmed white male along the side of the highway recently? I saw it, but that apparently is not newsworthy....interesting.

Did you see that news bit about the African American police officer who shot the unarmed white male along the side of the highway recently? I saw it, but that apparently is not newsworthy....interesting.

Start a thread and link the article. I'd be interested in reading it.

Also this notion that his past is irrelevant is bullshit. If the cops knew he has a history of violence they need to be more cautious with him than your average 'lamar' on the street.

Did he have skittles and Sprite? Cop might have had to shoot him before he did drugs.

Think about it.

Start a thread and link the article. I'd be interested in reading it.

Also this notion that his past is irrelevant is bullshit. If the cops knew he has a history of violence they need to be more cautious with him than your average 'lamar' on the street.

I am disinclined to allow police the ability to decide who gets shots because they did something bad in the past, I think they already abuse their authority with alarming ease as it is....

I am disinclined to allow police the ability to decide who gets shots because they did something bad in the past, I think they already abuse their authority with alarming ease as it is....

amen

Did he have skittles and Sprite? Cop might have had to shoot him before he did drugs.

Think about it.

Not sure what he had in his hand, but apparently the cop feared for his life, so he shot, in this instance though the shooter did not have any injuries, should we protest or burn things down in response?

Not sure what he had in his hand, but apparently the cop feared for his life, so he shot, in this instance though the shooter did not have any injuries, should we protest or burn things down in response?

i want an xbox

i want an xbox

You may loot one if you choose, only if you are African American of course, otherwise you have to simply "take it" like the rest of us when something bad happens.

The kid obviously was no saint, but there should be a pretty large gap between questioning a kid, maybe getting into a scuffle, and killing the kid. Does the police have any non lethal weapons on them?

It's a big angry dude; I'm not sure even tasering would have subdued him.

My assessment. Police's job is to confront the crowd. The crowd is made up of 98% unemployed, and 2% either paid to rabblerouse or cover the event (or both). So, if you are not the police, not unemployed or not covering the event, you probably do not give a ratsass about the event.

Tasering would have done just fine, people only shrug off tasers in the movies. Id be fine if he tasered him, but I dont believe he was running away with his hands in the air. I feel that if he was shot, that he was in mid scuffle and the cop had a choice to either let the kid maybe get his gun and kill him, or shoot and save his own life. Cops dont want to shoot someone unless they have to. It doesnt matter, the people would be upset nomatter what if its a black guy that got shot.

he was in mid scuffle and the cop had a choice to either let the kid maybe get his gun and kill him, or shoot and save his own life. Cops dont want to shoot someone unless they have to.

I agree with that. Even a hate-filled racist cop would prefer not to shoot.

Makes sense the kid might have done something suspicious / dangerous after committing a robbery. The cop was probably trigger-happy, like all cops who work in high crime neighborhoods, but justified.

http://news.yahoo.com/turmoil-tear-gas-way-hope-ferguson-053336976.html

Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer did not know the teen was a robbery suspect at the time of the shooting and stopped Michael Brown and a companion "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic."

So the idea that he may have shot knowing his past or that he was a suspect has been debunked.

True. But the crime is not irrelevant to the issue, as someone with his history is more likely to fight with a cop than the average person.

Fight with a cop...yes.

But so far the account seems to be that the officer regained control of his weapon and the kid fled and the officer pursued.

The crime is completely irrelevant to the kid getting shot in this situation.

White People Protest

Black People riot and loot.

When you hear about Riots and looting do ever even think they could be white? or it's in a white area...

anyway the kid had a Sprite and what looked like a bag of skittles -- does a cop really need more reason to shoot?

No comment from the crowd condemning the cop in light of the new revalations about the dead 6'-4" 290 lb kid who was a robbery suspect?

Typically one gets a trial before they are given the death penalty. Also I'm pretty sure (in fact I know) that one cannot be given the death penalty for armed robbery alone.

The only good ###### is a dead ########.

Also, can we please just let the facts come out?

I'm all over the police abusing their authority, and if this guy just decided to 'whack' this kid, I hope he gets strung up (won't ever happen BTW).

But I'd like to see the facts first and some video/dash cam footage before we start tossing a rope over the tree branch.

A really good friend of mine who was an NOPD cop shot and killed a minor who hid underneath a car after he commited a crime involving a gun. The minor flashed a silver object that looked like a gun when told to come out and he was shot when he wouldn't comply. And killed. The kid had a history of gun violence and drugs.

My friend spent days in IA telling his account. Which was affirmed. And then in front of a Grand Jury. He says that testifying to the grand jury was the scariest day of his life. Said that they leave no stone unturned and you better have your facts right as they will ask you the same questions and account of what happend a million times and if you're story changes, that's your ass.

He was acquitted and quit the NOPD later that year as his life was threatened and the brass did nothing to help him. He still looks over his shoulder.

No cop wants to face a grand jury. They fear it

A really good friend of mine who was an NOPD cop shot and killed a minor who hid underneath a car after he commited a crime involving a gun. The minor flashed a silver object that looked like a gun when told to come out and he was shot when he wouldn't comply. And killed. The kid had a history of gun violence and drugs.

My friend spent days in IA telling his account. Which was affirmed. And then in front of a Grand Jury. He says that testifying to the grand jury was the scariest day of his life. Said that they leave no stone unturned and you better have your facts right as they will ask you the same questions and account of what happend a million times and if you're story changes, that's your ass.

He was acquitted and quit the NOPD later that year as his life was threatened and the brass did nothing to help him. He still looks over his shoulder.

No cop wants to face a grand jury. They fear it

Bullshiot. Cops love to kill unarmed negros. Just ax the bored libfucks.

Bullshiot. Cops love to kill unarmed negros. Just ax the bored libfucks.

Where has anyone said that or even come close to it?

More rioting with hair extensions being the big ticket item of the night. People now complaining the cops did nothing to stop it. Damned if you do...damned if you dont. If i was the cops. Id pack up and leave them to their own devices. Let them hire an all black police force to run the area. Jesse jackson can be captain.

More rioting with hair extensions being the big ticket item of the night. People now complaining the cops did nothing to stop it. Damned if you do...damned if you dont. If i was the cops. Id pack up and leave them to their own devices. Let them hire an all black police force to run the area. Jesse jackson can be captain.

Cloaca du focktard

Notice they never steal food? Why is that? Oh wait...i know...they got the democratic club card. Get all that free food and each momf. Yeah bitches...state of mergency said by guvernor honky. all dem businesses can get federal money!!! Lets light it up tonite!!!! We aint hurtin nobody, we helpin get mo govment green. Its on!!!

Only Democrats use welfare and unemployment benefits? Wow, I learn something new every day.

Wow, I learn something new every day.

Well, when you start off where you are, it's not that big of a surprise.

Just sayin'

More rioting with hair extensions being the big ticket item of the night.

That's a good omen. Things will quiet down when they start running out of sh*t to steal.