Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Situation in Ferguson, MO

Audio of witnesses conversation moments after the shooting seems to back up the cop's version of events.

A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

A previously unnoticed detail in a background conversion of a video taken minutes after the Ferguson shooting could change the course of the investigation into Mike Brown’s death.

The original video poster appears sympathetic to the narrative that Mike Brown was shot unarmed with his hands in the air. But he unknowingly picks up conversation between a man who saw the altercation and another neighbor.

An approximate transcription of the background conversation, as related by the “Conservative Treehouse” blog:

@6:28/6:29 of video #1 How’d he get from there to there? #2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck {crosstalk} #2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him {crosstalk} #2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him – #1. Oh, the police got his gun #2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him {crosstalk} #2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing #1 The Police? #2 The Police shot him #1 Police? #2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

This is terribly important because if Mike Brown had been shot, and he advanced towards the cop instead of surrendering, it would substantiate the narrative that the policeman shot in self-defense due to the fact that he was being threatened with severe bodily harm.

This corroborates an account of the event given by a friend of Officer Darren Wilson.

Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And, Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So, he stands up and yells, “Freeze!” Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him…
And then all the sudden he just started bumrushing him. He just started coming at him full speed.
And, so he just started shooting. And, he just kept coming. And, so he really thinks he was on something.”

It’s far too unlikely that these two accounts are similar accidentally, having been from such disparate sources. The seeming witness in the background conversation is speaking with detail about the tragic shooting, and in a manner that runs contrary to the widespread version. Those who watch the video need to judge for themselves if the witness sounds reliable (but he would seemingly have nothing to gain by telling such a story.)

A third piece of the puzzle would be the toxicology report. If there happens to be anything found that might explain how Mike Brown might have been shot and kept advancing toward the officer, then the defense becomes even more believable. Unless someone is emotionally invested in an alternative narrative to the extent that one might ignore plain facts.

We shall see.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/

sick of the media blowing up every situation into mini-race wars.

i'm tired of it.

the police are not my enemy.

they risk their lives everyday for us with little reward.

i respect the police.

perhaps this was a case where the kid acted foolishly and the police officer also acted foolishly.

people are flawed and imperfect. not everything is sinister and hateful.

wouldn't it be nice that everyone felt sad for the dead teen AND for the police officer that shot him?

how about we no longer see situations like this as "us" vs "them".

honestly, i'm not getting roped into another story that pits blacks against whites.

• Like 1

wouldn't it be nice that everyone felt sad for the dead teen AND for the police officer that shot him?

If someone attacks a cop, and gets shot for it, I'm not going to feel bad for them.

I can feel for the family, and least until the publicly blame everything on the cops, with a "my baby never did nothing to no one" rant.

Audio of witnesses conversation moments after the shooting seems to back up the cop's version of events.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/

Well your link isn't exactly credible but it'll be interesting to see what comes out. At any rate it should be pretty easy to verify things like whether the cop shot him in the back or the chest and the distance of the shot SHOULD be readily ascertainable but it sounds like they did a terrible job of preserving the scene

If someone attacks a cop, and gets shot for it, I'm not going to feel bad for them.

I can feel for the family, and least until the publicly blame everything on the cops, with a "my baby never did nothing to no one" rant.

well, unlike you i feel sympathy for all involved.

i'm tired of it.

Agreed.

i'm tired of it.

i respect the police.

perhaps this was a case where the kid acted foolishly and the police officer also acted foolishly.

honestly, i'm not getting roped into another story that pits blacks against whites.

Agree, with some caveats.

Sure the kid had some flaws, who doesn't, but until we know what happened I think I will hold disdain that somehow this young man wound up dead; white or black there is something out of bounds here. If the kid indeed turned and moved on an armed individual cop or not, that was pretty dumb, we'll see....

The cop should be investigated here, naturally, and he is, so that is reassuring.

In many areas the police are viewed as something of an occupying force, and that makes sense given the history. I cannot say I blame the people for marching and feeling anger here, it was not thatlong ago that their parents or grand parents faced a darlk spectre of brutality, and many cases from the police.

I think there is a need to move on, for the police to find a way to win the respect of the people, to win their trust, but at the same time the people who fear and loathe them have to to open their minds and hearts as well.

What bothers me most is the ongoing epidemic of young black men dying every day, and the lack of coverage and concern about THAT. It sickens me that the media feeds into this disgusting display while the real problem goes on.

i'm tired of it.

i respect the police.

ill drink to that :cheers:

So is malik shibazz, class action suit saying the civil rights of protesters was violated when tear gassed. Class action, lawyers make millions, the class gets a check for 12 bucks

• Like 1

Well your link isn't exactly crediblee

Why isn't it?

Did you actually click on the link? Because if you did you would know there is a video that has the audio in questjon.

Why isn't it?

Did you actually click on the link? Because if you did you would know there is a video that has the audio in questjon.

It was obviously digitally tampered with...duh :doh:

We don't even have the autopsy results, any videos to look at or anything to say what happened. I reserve judgement until facts come out. If that officer did indeed shoot him when he had his hands up then I hope he gets thrown in jail. The key will be if they find prints on his gun. if so, then there you go. Officer was defending himself.

I think they should have an all black police force in such areas. That will eliminate the this is race based issue. They were smart to put Captain Jackson, a black guy, in charge of keeping the peace. It's working much better. Just need to get the whole force to be black and we'll see if riots/looting and such doesn't go away or be significantly reduced.

I will never, ever be a republican. Nixon was a dishonest disgrace, Reagen a useful idiot for money men, and W a complete failure, but these people in Ferguson and the Attorney General sure make it hard to be a Democrat. I was talking to my dad last week, a hard working, trade union J F K man staunch democrat. We both came to the conclusion that while Obama was the better choice than Romney, he's a dissapointment and seems to be going about his duties as president with only his self interests in mind. He's not corrupt, or a Muslim or evil. He's just aint getting it done. Looks like he peaked when we got Bin Laden. Defeated by victory. (Bain)

Autopsy report's up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Shot "at least" 6 times, 0 in the back.

Also (IMHO), it looks like there's no way his hands were raised above his head when he was shot. Based on the pic, his right arm must have been in front of his body/head.

A few minutes before he was shot, he stole some cigars and pushed the clerk out of the way for bothering to impede him. A real sympathetic figure this one.

Autopsy report's up.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us/michael-brown-autopsy-shows-he-was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

Shot "at least" 6 times, 0 in the back.

Also (IMHO), it looks like there's no way his hands were raised above his head when he was shot. Based on the pic, his right arm must have been in front of his body/head.

Puts the nail in this proverbial coffin.

A few minutes before he was shot, he stole some cigars and pushed the clerk out of the way for bothering to impede him. A real sympathetic figure this one.

That doesn't warrant being killed. If he really was trying to surrender, it's sad and very overkill. The cop claims he wasn't aware of the robbery at the time. Being the guy was unarmed and witnesses saying he yelled don't shoot and getting blasted at least 6 times leads me to believe the overkill part right now. We'll see about the rest.

That doesn't warrant being killed. If he really was trying to surrender, it's sad and very overkill. The cop claims he wasn't aware of the robbery at the time. Being the guy was unarmed and witnesses saying he yelled don't shoot and getting blasted at least 6 times leads me to believe the overkill part right now. We'll see about the rest.

Dude can't behave in society and belonged in prison. After acting like an animal in the store he likely got shot for acting like an animal in the street.

Cops are under-appreciated. They have to deal with scum like this every day to keep them away from people like that small clerk he pushed aside like a rag doll.

Punk ass got what he deserved. One in the eye, one in the brain. :thumbsup:

I agree with the first part.

Surrendering part is not proven yet for sure...yelling don't shoot means what?

Ive been saying the cop had control of the situation...but, if the kid already had assaulted him in the car as it has been said (and probably happened)...then got away but came back towards the officer and he told him to stop with his gun raised? Saying don't shoot while still advancing (if that is what was happening) means absolutely nothing.

Punk ass ###### got what he deserved. One in the eye, one in the brain. :thumbsup:

Glad you think you do know all the facts and think this...

I will never, ever be a republican. Nixon was a dishonest disgrace, Reagen a useful idiot for money men, and W a complete failure, but these people in Ferguson and the Attorney General sure make it hard to be a Democrat. I was talking to my dad last week, a hard working, trade union J F K man staunch democrat. We both came to the conclusion that while Obama was the better choice than Romney, he's a dissapointment and seems to be going about his duties as president with only his self interests in mind. He's not corrupt, or a Muslim or evil. He's just aint getting it done. Looks like he peaked when we got Bin Laden. Defeated by victory. (Bain)

What does this situation have to do with Obama or how is it a failure by a president?

I'm just saying that there are some that make it hard to be Democrat. Just like those whackos at the Bundy ranch probably made some republicans cringe, these people and the coddling if them by the Feds and Holder make me cringe. And seeing as Pres. Obama is this guys boss, I would say he's worthy of some criticism. This kid was a violent criminal who makes the world a worse place. These people are a violent mob that also make the world worse. No need to pander on behalf or to either of them

The local ME didnt even check for gunpowder residue on his clothes. That could be critical. He did check for residue around the wounds and found nothing. ( to be accurate).

If the feds' autopsy verifies the location of the gunshots to the arm, the 'holding his arms in the air to surrender' argument will be conclusively debunked. Not that things like 'scientific evidence' will bother the protestors/lawyers.

How many of Obama's 'sons' are dead now? I lost count.

Well your link isn't exactly credible but it'll be interesting to see what comes out. At any rate it should be pretty easy to verify things like whether the cop shot him in the back or the chest and the distance of the shot SHOULD be readily ascertainable but it sounds like they did a terrible job of preserving the scene

Looks like the witness statements in my non-credible link are consistent with the autopsy results.

Looks like the witness statements in my non-credible link are consistent with the autopsy results.

So far yes. Shot in front

So far yes. Shot in front

So far?

You expect them to discover some bullet holes in his back they overlooked in the autopsy?

How odd that this thread turned political?

So weird for these parts.

So far?

You expect them to discover some bullet holes in his back they overlooked in the autopsy?

No I certainly don't. However the guy's story was that the cop was shooting and missing at first before the kid turned around. So it'd be nice to know things like distance of the shot and how many shots were fired. Perhaps those bits of info will also support the officer's actions

No I certainly don't. However the guy's story was that the cop was shooting and missing at first before the kid turned around. So it'd be nice to know things like distance of the shot and how many shots were fired. Perhaps those bits of info will also support the officer's actions

What "guy"?

That isn't what the witness in my link said.

What "guy"?

That isn't what the witness in my link said.

I'm not playing this game with you Geaglesin14Pilot. You're perfectly capable of reading media reports on what the kid's friend says happened and, more importantly, what the bystander woman said happened

I'm just saying that there are some that make it hard to be Democrat. Just like those whackos at the Bundy ranch probably made some republicans cringe, these people and the coddling if them by the Feds and Holder make me cringe. And seeing as Pres. Obama is this guys boss, I would say he's worthy of some criticism. This kid was a violent criminal who makes the world a worse place. These people are a violent mob that also make the world worse. No need to pander on behalf or to either of them

So...just a complete rant that had little to do with that actual situation?

Got it.

I'm not playing this game with you Geaglesin14Pilot. You're perfectly capable of reading media reports on what the kid's friend says happened and, more importantly, what the bystander woman said happened

So you are hanging your hat on what the kid's friend said.

Ok.