Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Preseason Week 2 observations

just turned the game on DVR'ed it, I can say the Jags looked like they were playing with a lot of effort last week.

Gerhardt looked like hot garbage, todman looks better than him by a mile. Hurns could be a good compliment to Cecil jorts.

It's only preseason

Gerhart had runs of 7, 18 and a catch of 9 I believe. Also got stuffed twice and lost yardage.

M. Lewis pretty heavily involved. Probably the best redzone receiver on the team and with the rookie WRs and Shorts nicked he might be a late sleeper TE 2.

Yes toby, keep it quiet. Keep these doubters doubting for just a few more weeks :thumbsup:

He will have no problem keeping it quiet. ;)

If the penalties are going to be called like this in the regular season, the NFL is heading for a self destruction of Mark Cuban proportions. Its almost unbearable to watch.

Imagine having a 3rd and 18 negated by a simple illegal contact penalty. Unreal. Richard Sherman should've just kept his mouth shut

^ Yeah I agree. I love playing fantasy football but my enjoyment of purely watching the games is diminishing because of all the penatlies, tv breaks, not allowing goal post dunking, ect

If the penalties are going to be called like this in the regular season, the NFL is heading for a self destruction of Mark Cuban proportions. Its almost unbearable to watch.

This has been my thoughts during the Preseason also. I absolutely LOVE NFL football, and always have......but it is honestly becoming unwatchable live. Somebody better realize that these game-stopping/asinine penalties are the exact type of foolishness that takes away the reason people fell in love with football in the first place.

It makes zero focking sense. The game is already high scoring. The entire joy of watching the game is the battle between offense and defense. The offense trying to get the ball across the goal line while the defense tries to kill them. If you literally cant touch a player the game will be miserable to watch.

Maybe players get used to the new rules and penalties come down to normal, but if defense is basically playing to not get penalized and give up a ton of scoring in the process, whats the point? Godell is a focking pos out of touch putz. And its not like offensive players were getting hurt with the minimal contact occurring before the ball is in their possession. Change it to 2 hand touch and get it over with. What an asswipe.

Marquise Lee??? Anybody watch him, because that stat line grabbed me. That offense will be trying to catch up and I could see some dump offs and short throws.

Bortles looked good tonite, he made some nice reads and delivered the ball well. That's what an nfl qb needs to be able to do, from there it's just a matter of getting time in the pocket. You can tell he's in a different league than Johnny Manziel as far as being a pocket passer.

Marquise Lee??? Anybody watch him, because that stat line grabbed me. That offense will be trying to catch up and I could see some dump offs and short throws.

If dump off and short throws are what you are looking for he might be your guy. Seem to be running a lot of high % routes. He looked OK to me. Nothing jumped off the screen.

Allen Hurns kind of looked like the most impressive WR. I'm saying that not based on his final stats but more his body size. 6'3 195.

If dump off and short throws are what you are looking for he might be your guy. Seem to be running a lot of high % routes. He looked OK to me. Nothing jumped off the screen.

Allen Hurns kind of looked like the most impressive WR. I'm saying that not based on his final stats but more his body size. 6'3 195.

They are in PPR when looking for cheap value

Ridley looks like he's running harder trying to secure that #1 spot on the depth chart. If he can hold onto the ball I see him being the power runner with Vereen coming in for some passes. White seems to be being grooved for next year or in Ridley continues to have fumbling issues.

On another note this game looks like it's raining yellow flags...

This R.B.B.C. is going to be a nightmare. I don't want any part of the Ridley / White / Bolden charlie foxtrot.

On another note Ridley is on my DND list at his current adp. Maybe if he falls 8-9 round after I have a QB and TE then I'll nab him. But Vereen seems to be the safest pick out of them all

-Celek looked to be just as involved as Ertz in the passing game. Was not expecting that

-James White was not impressive at all. Don't get the hype coming out of foxborough.

-Edelman and Brady look very much in sync. I don't think he will see 150 targets again but I'm less sure of that than I was.

-McCoy doesn't look like he will be hurt by the addition of Sproles

-Pats 1st team defense looked very good against the Eagles 1st team offense

- I was expecting to see Vereen on the field more than he was. He caught a couple of passes but thought he would get more carries with Ridley out of the game. It was all White

Since it needs to be said again. This crap with the penalties... it's unwatchable. Literally.

Between the Patriots homer (and AWFUL) announcers and the penalties... I changed the channel a long time ago.

And now the brilliant NFL network schedule is going to show another 45 minutes of scrubs getting penalties before the go to the night game midway through the 2nd quarter.

It sucks that a lot of guys I've been eyeing in Ertz, Cooks, and Hunter are blowing up.

Pats backfield is a mess. Bolden could end up being the big back. Bolden doesn't have a lot of carries but he has a career average of 4.9 yards and has better hands than Ridley. It is hard to gauge and I won't touch it.

Is Mark Ingram for real?

-Celek looked to be just as involved as Ertz in the passing game. Was not expecting that

-James White was not impressive at all. Don't get the hype coming out of foxborough.

-Edelman and Brady look very much in sync. I don't think he will see 150 targets again but I'm less sure of that than I was.

-McCoy doesn't look like he will be hurt by the addition of Sproles

-Pats 1st team defense looked very good against the Eagles 1st team offense

- I was expecting to see Vereen on the field more than he was. He caught a couple of passes but thought he would get more carries with Ridley out of the game. It was all White

This is spot on

I'm hoping the NFL told the refs to crack down on penalties in the preseason to try and set the tone, but they'll ease up when the reg season starts.

Of course that goes against what preseason is for, but I'm just praying.... :/