Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Peterson officially deactivated

This is not run of the mill parental discipline or even corporal punishment.

A four year old child is rarely, if ever, capable of behaving in a manner that warrants this type of reaction from an adult.

My problem with this extends to the same notion that I had a problem with the Ray Rice situation. What...the FOCK...was the FIRST grand jury doing so they actually didn't believe this warranted further action?

Looks really bad, admittedly.......but let's hear the facts before we crucify him.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Peterson will not apologize for this incident. Furthermore, he will refuse to go through counselling.

Looks really bad, admittedly.......but let's hear the facts before we crucify him.

Kid's 4. Bruises and lacerations are evident. Not sure what else you need to know about this case. :unsure:

Look; the video of Rice punching a woman sickened the civilized world. Photos of a four year old kid flogged to the point of breaking the skin is so much worse.

There's no rush to crucify him; it's people reacting to his admission of guilt. He is an animal that needs to be locked up and CERTAINLY never play in the NFL again.

• Like 1

So he was naked for the abuse? Great

probably wearing basketball shorts or something. Might as well not have anything on for as much as that would protect your nuts.

I dunno, as a Patterson owner in 2 leagues, he needs AP, teams will now only gameplan for Cordarrelle, as they have nobody else on offense that scares them

Playing the Pats already, I thought this same thing. But then, how do you game plan for Cordarrelle Patterson lol...?

Was the kid 4 or 11? God forbid actually disciplining your kid nowadays. Focking liberals have completely destroyed this country.

You sure are tough. Gonna fix the world by beating 4 year old kids. That'll teach them.

Alot of people got whipped when they were kids. I got whipped. That's why originally I thought this was getting overblown, but my parents never got me so good, I had open lacerations. That's some ancient roman flogging type sh¡t.

I spent 6 years in a Catholic elementary school getting the living sh!t kicked out of me by nuns. My mom used to give me the belt at times too. Nowadays you leave a kid in timeout for too long Child Services will be knocking at your door.

Was the kid 4 or 11? God forbid actually disciplining your kid nowadays. Focking liberals have completely destroyed this country.

The kid's age is irrelevant all star.

...and there's a difference between discipline and child abuse. Additionally, I'll bet both liberals and conservatives would agree this is excessive abuse.

Back when I was a kid, that was called a spanking and it happened to every kid 5 times a month if you were good.

Back in the day it was called a rule of thumb when you beat your wife with a branch or "switch" no wider than your thumb. I assume ray rice is a hero in your book? Asshol

It is NOT illegal to spank your child on the backside in many states. This is not a comment on ADP's situation, but simply a statement of fact. It is a shame that parents take things way too far and inflict untold damage on defenseless children.....but that does not negate the fact that loving and responsible parents CAN use corporal punishment as an acceptable and effective tool (among many others) to discipline and shape their children during the formative years. It must be used sparingly and lovingly. If it doesn't REALLY hurt you worse than your children and/or you do it in anger.....then it should not be used as a tool of discipline.

Yeah what happened to the good ol days when men could beat their wives with a branch. I mean they think they are equal and want to vote and all, but i say we do not advance society. Keep those bltches down!

The kid's age is irrelevant all star.

...and there's a difference between discipline and child abuse. Additionally, I'll bet both liberals and conservatives would agree this is excessive abuse.

I think age matters. the pics aren't as horrible as some suggested here. There appears to be slight bruising and what looks like scratches, the fact he did it to a 4 year old is very problematic for Peterson and the NFL.

LMAO at you 19 year old liberals. Did Peterson go too far? Looks like it. But we don't know for sure. Who's to say his baby mama didn't 'add' to the injuries in hopes of getting some more cash?

And I was treated like sh!t cause I received some corporal punishment when I was a kid? lol. See a lot of school shootings, kids selling heroin, school stabbings, etc, 25-75 years ago? Ever wonder why? Cause if kids acted up back then they got disciplined.

LMAO at you 19 year old liberals. Did Peterson go too far? Looks like it. But we don't know for sure. Who's to say his baby mama didn't 'add' to the injuries in hopes of getting some more cash?

And I was treated like sh!t cause I received some corporal punishment when I was a kid? lol. See a lot of school shootings, kids selling heroin, school stabbings, etc, 25-75 years ago? Ever wonder why? Cause if kids acted up back then they got disciplined.

Are you saying Peterson's baby was selling crack and that's why he got the whip?

You don't have a clue... I don't give a fock how old you are or anybody else is. The guy took it to far. If you want to use this as a way to prove a point on a separate matter then do it somewhere else. This is a single case where a grown man took a punishment to far on a 4 YEAR OLD. Do you understand you are talking about a kid who was punished because he pushed another child?

Go beat your agenda drum somewhere else. I live in the heart of the Bible belt and I spank my kids. I don't beat them "to teach them a lesson". People like you as adults are the reason I think twice about using spanking as a punishment form.

• Like 2

No, I'm saying kids nowadays that grow up with zero structure, discipline, and punishment in their lives typically end up 'in the system', mentally weak, and unable to cope with everyday life as an adult. Do you dispute that?

If baby mama wanted more cash, then maybe keep quiet about her abusive cash cow. :dunno:

I'm guessing if this is coming out after 4 months having occurred, the police have investigated and have enough on AD to indict his ass.

Also....I was never beaten and don't sell drugs, shoot folks, etc. Probably true for the majority of people. Great theory though.

Peterson went too far. He admitted he went to far.

I work in mental health. I've been in social work for 4 Years. I would say the single most consistent thing I see that really cause problems with development in kids is just lack of consistent presents of any parent. Spanking works but so do other things like just being involved and interested.

You need to travel a bit. The situation in the US is not the same as other countries and looking at it globally there is no correlation to abusing kids resulting in less of those crimes.

No, I'm saying kids nowadays that grow up with zero structure, discipline, and punishment in their lives typically end up 'in the system', mentally weak, and unable to cope with everyday life as an adult. Do you dispute that?

No one cares what you think. You're a moron. Link me some published studies that prove your case and I'll be glad to read them

I have a bachelors focusing in Child Development. I have over 40 units of ECE. I've worked in preschools with children 3-5. NEVER...and I mean not one single second of a single day that I was around young children did it even cross my mind to inflict enough damage to cause those types of injuries.

A spanking? Damn right I wish I could've. But this is nowhere near justifiable punishment for a child that is 4 years old. In no way, shape, or form are they going to be able to comprehend that type of abuse as "righting their wrong".

• Like 1

Peterson's own words "I got pretty good with the end of tha' switch' i.e. making it pop the kid really hard like a whip.

I'm about as conservative as they come, raised two daughters and they got spankings; not BEATINGS. Men shouldn't be using anything but their open hand across their butt and NEVER do the spanking when you're p!ssed.

• Like 1

Spanking means no marks.... This was a beating. He's done folks. Goodell will be under pressure after the Rice fiasco and we have pics this time. Done in 2014... And Goodell is done soon.. The league will be under too much pressure now for being a bastion of domestic violence. Expect a new commish and a McCarthy like investigation to come. You heard it here first.

• Like 1

Photos of the kid's injuries were taken several days after the beating. Some guy on espn just reported.

Spanking means no marks.... This was a beating. He's done folks. Goodell will be under pressure after the Rice fiasco and we have pics this time. Done in 2014... And Goodell is done soon.. The league will be under too much pressure now for being a bastion of domestic violence. Expect a new commish and a McCarthy like investigation to come. You heard it here first.

I agree. There's suppose to be an even tougher punishment for domestic violence on a child than a spouse. AP's done. Don't see how the league has any choice.

Giraldi, since you're such an expert on all things child-related, perhaps you can answer this: What is the defined definition between discipline and abuse? Obviously breaking a bone or something that severe is abuse. I think everyone would agree with that. But again, is there a definition, and if so, and more importantly, who defines it? Where is the line drawn, and who draws it?

C'mon now!

:rolleyes:

A lot of comments here. A lot off the rails imo. I think there is a difference in what happened here and full on abuser of children. I think AP feels that he went to far, looks like maybe he did. He does seem like someone who cares about his children. I would say he made a mistake, take note and move on. I got the belt many times, sometimes the fist, and unfortunately it was from someone with no job at all. Sometimes I had it coming, sometimes I didn't.

though I am drinking Firestone double IPA's tonight.

Is it not possible that ADP simply didn't realize that the switch was wrapping around and catching the kid on the sac and front of thighs? Doesn't make it right, but does explain the marks. The age (4) is what is alarming. I am a firm believer in discipline, but would never dream of whooping a 4 year old 10-15 times with a branch. An occasional swat or two with the hand on the rump is more than sufficient.

I just am having a hard time envisioning ADP as a monstrous child abuser. A man who held to the type of discipline that the received as a child (and perhaps thought was beneficial to him in the long wrong), and was over-the-top and reckless with his corporal punishment? Sure.

I got many "whoopings" with a belt during my childhood. Sometimes my dad or mom would miss and hit my lower back or upper legs, leaving marks. Thankfully, however, I was never abused.