Sign in to follow this  
Maxx Dread

++ UPDATE: Jamaal Charles - High ankle sprain ++

*Pays 65 for McCoy to open auction draft*
Owner A: "Good luck with that, he'll be injured all season."
*Owner A then pays 71 for Charles*

So one top RB gets a concussion and is doing nothing this week, another gets deactivated for child abuse charges, this one gets an Achilles injury and could be out for the rest of the season. Well, there's still Shady I suppose.

So one top RB gets a concussion and is doing nothing this week, another gets deactivated for child abuse charges, this one gets an Achilles injury and could be out for the rest of the season. Well, there's still Shady I suppose.

Don't say it like that.

Sincerely, a double McCoy owner

Rotoworld reporting ankle injury. No mention of achilles.

That's what the live coverage was indicating, that he was pointing to his achilles before heading to the locker room.

Ligament strain for A.J. Green

Is the Achilles not in the same general area as the ankle?

i give up.

i may not even play FF next year. <_<

Gerald McCoy broke his hand....fallin like flies!!

Seriously, this sucks. Charles is my top pick in one league, AP in the other. Then I have J Gordon on both teams, drafted Ray Rice in one of them, and today played total losers K Benjamin, P Garcon, M Ryan, and some other idiots too lame to even mention. :mad:

Don't lose hope.... The NFL has the best pain killers in the world!

And if he's screwed, nobody can blame us for taking the #1 RB in the league last year. :dunno:

"High ankle sprain" could mean anything time wise, with potential to linger all season.

Still, better than a fracture or ligament damage.

All aboard the Knile Davis train!!

"High ankle sprain" could mean anything time wise, with potential to linger all season.

Still, better than a fracture or ligament damage.

I'm no Doogie Houser, but we'd know more if they classify the sprain-

"A high ankle sprain is one in which the syndesmotic ligaments are sprained. Our ankles are made of three bones: the tibia, fibula, and talus. Connected, these bones form the ankle joint. There are soft tissues, ligaments, and tendons surrounding the joint. Syndesmotic ligaments are located closer to the lower leg than the foot, surrounding the ends of the tibia and fibula more. When these ligaments are sprained, it is referred to as a high ankle sprain. High ankle sprains are caused by an outward twisting of the foot and ankle. Athletes, especially soccer, basketball, and football players, are the most common sufferers of this type of sprain."

High ankle sprains, like normal ankle sprains, are graded on a scale of 1–3 based on their severity-

Grade 1: There is usually mild pain. The ligaments are somewhat stretched, and perhaps there is minor tearing. There is minimal joint pain or difficulty walking.

Grade 2: You may experience a bit more pain, some instability in the joint, bruising, minor swelling, stiffness, moderate to severe pain, and difficulty walking with this type of ankle sprain.

Grade 3: This is the most severe type of ankle sprain. Symptoms include moderate to severe swelling, extensive bruising, and severe pain. This is due to a total rupture of a ligament that causes major instability within the joint, so future symptoms are possible.

I've seen high ankle sprains linger for weeks, and even months. Apples and Oranges here, but Michael Cooper of the Lakers once suffered a high ankle sprain in April of 1988 and was basically half a player even throughout the playoffs into late June. Not to make a mountain of a mole hill, but we are talking about one of fantasy's top players.

Marcedes Lewis has a high ankle sprain and is out 6-8 weeks. As posted above, of course, ankle sprains vary in severity. All I can say is this is most likely a multi week injury for Charles. How many weeks is the big question.

Based on KC's 0-2 record..they should rest him as long as Knile is serviceable

Cyrus Gray is a nice deep stash if Davis gets hurt and Jamaal is out a lengthy amount of time.

My first 2 picks were jamaal Charles followed by AJ Green, both of whom are in my starting lineup.

J.Charles

K. Moreno

A.J. Green

RG III

All started this week on one team.

Just want to provide fair warning. I live in KC and this guy is an absolute fraud. He is not a reporter in any sense. He doesn't have sources, he reports guesses, and is usually wrong. Say something like you know, and people believe it. Now, 4-6 weeks is a fine guess for a high ankle sprain, but that is literally all this is, guaranteed.

I'd jump on davis if it were me, but of course I'm a homer