Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Arian Foster - steal of the draft?

Naturally he is hurt at the moment.

People were pretty down on him.

in a 14 team league, the day before the season started I was able to draft Foster in the 3rd round.

Players drafted immediately after Foster

Randall Cobb WR | GB 4 min 49 sec 31.3/31.3
Andre Ellington RB | ARI 5 sec 17.1/17.1
Andrew Luck QB | IND 7 sec 59.2/59.2
Rashad Jennings RB | NYG 1 min 45 sec 25.5/25.5
Frank Gore RB | SF 22 sec 20.1/20.1
Andre Johnson WR | HOU 2 min 38 sec 16.7/16.7
Keenan Allen WR | SD 5 min 36 sec 0.0/9.2
Tony Romo QB | DAL 26 sec 22.7/22.7

Yes sproles to me has been the biggest steal. However, that being said Foster has always been top running back. He was on pace to continue that last year before he got hurt. Did not see that changing this year even if he did contemplate retiring

I don't think what he has done has been a surprise at all. Everyone knew he had talent and would put up numbers when he is on the field. His draft position got knocked down to the third round because they didn't think he would make it the whole season.

It seems like he is performing exactly to what was expected except the question should have been, can he make it 4 games.

Just missed getting him in the 3rd by 2 picks and was salivating at the chance....I can see why people might have web been down on him...but he has a pretty sweet run sched and is getting the touches

Guy in my league that got him went forte, manning and foster

He traded forte after week one for Pierre and Gronk...when he could have gotten a te like walker or donnell off waivers...I think it was bonehead

I don't think what he has done has been a surprise at all. Everyone knew he had talent and would put up numbers when he is on the field. His draft position got knocked down to the third round because they didn't think he would make it the whole season.

It seems like he is performing exactly to what was expected except the question should have been, can he make it 4 games.

I haven't seen him go in the 3rd at all. Latest I seen was early second but mostly still in the first. Usually right after lacy or lynch

He's only a steal if he lasts all year... On the pace he is going, he wont...

Sproles has been a steal, but I wonder how many people have actually played him? Or are these unrealized gains?

In a 10 team high stakes ppr he went in the 3rd....everyone was concerned with getting a rb then a wr or qb or the other way around ..so it's easy to see why he could fall given concerns....if it were redone hed prob be plucked earlier than two other rbs that went ahead of him

This is what happen when you start bragging ... in week 2!

Arian Foster (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 3 against the Giants.

Foster was limited in practice all week. Although Foster's availability is not known to be in danger against the G-Men, this is a reminder of his durability woes. He leads the NFL in carries through two games. Foster also has a scary injury history when it comes to hamstrings. It's worth noting Alfred Blue ran ahead of Jonathan Grimes in Week 2, and saw 11 carries to Grimes' three.

Sproles, bradshaw

This is what happen when you start bragging ... in week 2!

Arian Foster (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 3 against the Giants.

Foster was limited in practice all week. Although Foster's availability is not known to be in danger against the G-Men, this is a reminder of his durability woes. He leads the NFL in carries through two games. Foster also has a scary injury history when it comes to hamstrings. It's worth noting Alfred Blue ran ahead of Jonathan Grimes in Week 2, and saw 11 carries to Grimes' three.

That's what I meant. Foster is someone who fell in drafts because they were scared he would get hurt. Two weeks in and he is already hurt. And it his hamstrings, again. If he plays through the season then yes he would be the SOTD. As of now he is performing exactly as expected and matches his draft position perfectly.

My league gives 6 pts for TD to all players and a yardage bonus on said TD, so QBs are a premium.

ROUND 1
PICK TEAM PLAYER ELAPSED TIME PTS
1 89ers Peyton Manning QB | DEN 55.3/55.3
2 Gus Kiper Jr. Adrian Peterson RB | MIN 60 sec 9.3/9.3
3 Captain Cut throat LeSean McCoy RB | PHI 24 sec 27.7/27.7
4 Team T Aaron Rodgers QB | GB 27 sec 47.9/47.9
5 Whos Next Jamaal Charles RB | KC 4 sec 4.6/4.6
6 Mortgage Studs Matt Forte RB | CHI 1 min 56 sec 20.5/20.5
7 WeCrushU Drew Brees QB | NO 27 sec 33.6/33.6
8 General Lees Calvin Johnson WR | DET 36 sec 42.7/42.7
9 Gotham City Eddie Lacy RB | GB 39 sec 10.6/10.6
10 The Law Demaryius Thomas WR | DEN 60 sec 19.0/19.0
11 BlackT Out Marshawn Lynch RB | SEA 41 sec 40.7/40.7
12 Skin to Win Montee Ball RB | DEN 45 sec 0.0/23.2
13 F*ck Palermo Doug Martin RB | TB 1 min 22 sec 1.6/1.6 (ouch)
14 Disasters DeMarco Murray RB | DAL 1 min 16 sec 41.6/41.6
ROUND 2
1 Disasters Jimmy Graham TE | NO 2 min 20 sec 32.0/32.0
2 Whos Next Dez Bryant WR | DAL 3 min 8 sec 21.8/21.8
3 Skin to Win Zac Stacy RB | STL 1 min 34 sec 17.2/17.2
4 BlackT Out Matthew Stafford QB | DET 27 sec 54.1/54.1
5 The Law A.J. Green WR | CIN 49 sec 23.6/23.6
6 Gotham City Brandon Marshall WR | CHI 41 sec 14.1/38.9
7 General Lees Julio Jones WR | ATL 1 min 51 sec 59.5/59.5
8 WeCrushU Alfred Morris RB | WAS 1 min 6 sec 29.6/29.6
9 Mortgage Studs Giovani Bernard RB | CIN 53 sec 33.9/33.9
10 F*ck Palermo Antonio Brown WR | PIT 1 min 58 sec 29.6/29.6
11 Team T Jordy Nelson WR | GB 1 min 47 sec 39.2/39.2
12 Captain Cut throat Reggie Bush RB | DET 57 sec 6.4/9.6
13 Gus Kiper Jr. Rob Gronkowski TE | NE 9 sec 3.2/13.2
14 89ers Alshon Jeffery WR | CHI 1 min 20 sec 7.1/11.8
ROUND 3
1 89ers Julius Thomas TE | DEN 15 sec 40.3/40.3
2 Gus Kiper Jr. Tom Brady QB | NE 20 sec 22.2/22.2
3 Captain Cut throat Kenbrell Thompkins WR | NE 3 min 20 sec 0.0/3.7
4 Team T Le'Veon Bell RB | PIT 14 sec 38.4/38.4
5 F*ck Palermo Arian Foster RB | HOU 25 sec 32.0/32.0

It's just a matter of time....

How many running backs play an entire 16 games without missing any time?

THIS :pointstosky:

Sproles has done a world of good for the thousands of teams that didn't start him week 1 or 2

My league gives 6 pts for TD to all players and a yardage bonus on said TD, so QBs are a premium

ROUND 3
1 89ers Julius Thomas TE | DEN 15 sec 40.3/40.3
2 Gus Kiper Jr. Tom Brady QB | NE 20 sec 22.2/22.2
3 Captain Cut throat Kenbrell Thompkins WR | NE 3 min 20 sec 0.0/3.7
4 Team T Le'Veon Bell RB | PIT 14 sec 38.4/38.4
5 F*ck Palermo Arian Foster RB | HOU 25 sec 32.0/32.0

your draft is invalid

Sproles has done a world of good for the thousands of teams that didn't start him week 1 or 2

Sure has, including rising in value as a great trade pawn. Who cares if he was started or not. The fact is Foster wont be starting this week. :doh:

started him over Gearhead week one, as soon as I got news that Polk was out ... even mentionrd it in a thread here prior to kickoff vs Jax

Week 2? EASY AS FOCK - Gearhead with the bum ankle, and Sproles going in a track meet vs a suspect Indy defense.

there ya go.

and for an 11th round pick?

KA-FOCKIN-BOOM

• Like 1

started him over Gearhead week one, as soon as I got news that Polk was out ... even mentionrd it in a thread here prior to kickoff vs Jax

Week 2? EASY AS FOCK - Gearhead with the bum ankle, and Sproles going in a track meet vs a suspect Indy defense.

there ya go.

and for an 11th round pick?

KA-FOCKIN-BOOM

:first:

I posted this 3 weeks before season

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=435181&hl=

I drafted

WR

WR

TE

WR

and ended up missing out on RBs and ended up drafting Ingram and sproles

I made a trade of AJ Green and Julious Thomas for J Bell and Graham

Been riding Sproles, Ingram and Bell

I am 2-0

DYNAMITE!!!

• Like 1

Rotoworld has such a hard-on for wanting guys to get injured. I guess it keeps people coming back, but any time someone is limited in practice they sound the alarms about "HIS INJURY HISTORY! HIS DURABILITY CONCERNS!!!" Then the guy plays and puts up 120 yards and they go back to talking about the next guy who might possibly someday miss part of a game.

To the question, Sproles has been the best payout so far. I would say that Julian Edelman is a good candidate as well. Ertz has easily done the best of the mid/late round upside TEs.

Many analysist predicted Sproles was going to have a great year in Chip Kelly's up tempo style offense, I just didn't think it was going to be this good. I drafted him in one league as my 3rd RB out of desperation. Now he's my starter and hoping he makes it to 16 games at this pace.

guy in my league laughably took sproles in the 7th and started him both games. i thought he was going to be the worst team but now he's 2-0 and 2nd in points so i'm not laughing anymore.

I think Matt Ryan, once it's all said and done this FF season, will have been a steal based on where he was drafted. I agree with what has been mentioned about D. Murray being a good value up to this point as well.

At moment I'd say sproles, j Thomas, sanders, gates.

Foster and Murray were second rounders. Anyone in 10 team League could have paired them.

Think by end of season sanders will be the guy everyone looks at as being the steal of drafts. Wish I targeted him.

Sure has, including rising in value as a great trade pawn. Who cares if he was started or not. The fact is Foster wont be starting this week. :doh:

Where do you get your info?
  • Like 1

....and here is why Arien Foster fell down the draft boards so far.

Looks like Foster is out today.

....and here is why Arien Foster fell down the draft boards so far.

Looks like Foster is out today.

Yep, it's why I passed and let someone else "steal" him.

This Is what happens when you come here and try to brag about your steal of the draft....look what you've done

rookies