Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

AP likely to be reinstated next week..............

Just vultured him up as well.....hahha.

Likely won't happen, but the little adrenaline rush felt nice.

Now back to my normal life......

I wonder how long it will take him to be whipped into shape....or if the Vikes are even willing to make the switch?

• Like 2

down arrow McKinnon. where does AP land next year?

McKinnon has had down arrow for about 3 weeks. Vikings need RB bad so let's hope This report is true

down arrow McKinnon. where does AP land next year?

pats or seahawks

Put me in with the DAL crowd. For Pats, I'd have to hear from a Pats homer about what BB is willing to offer RBs. I don't see that cap money being taken away from either line, secondary, etc. Regarding SEA, I'm not sure that the local SEA market would embrace him; my guess would be the opposite.

If he's willing to accept money that is no more than what Murray asks for, then it should be an easy call for DAL. DAL is burning Murray's wheels off this year.

Put me in with the DAL crowd. For Pats, I'd have to hear from a Pats homer about what BB is willing to offer RBs. I don't see that cap money being taken away from either line, secondary, etc. Regarding SEA, I'm not sure that the local SEA market would embrace him; my guess would be the opposite.

If he's willing to accept money that is no more than what Murray asks for, then it should be an easy call for DAL. DAL is burning Murray's wheels off this year.

jones would be an ass to abandon murray

i could see the niners entering the picture as well

i could see the niners entering the picture as well

If Murray cashes in elsewhere, it's a business win-win. Dallas's new model is clearly "all risk is on the player's side." Santa Clara just drafted Hyde; I don't know if someone will pay Gore more than they would or not.

It actually would be a logical business move to not bring him back - if indeed he wants stupid money. Murray is rolling and looks like a monster this year - but it's also the first time since entering the league that he's actually not gotten hurt. I'm not willing to shell out $7m a year for an injury prone back... I too think AP will be a Cowboys next year - will not shock me one bit.

McKinnon has had down arrow for about 3 weeks. Vikings need RB bad so let's hope This report is true

Why? A 5-7 team going nowhere. Even if they win out there is very little chance of a playoff spot.

It actually would be a logical business move to not bring him back - if indeed he wants stupid money. Murray is rolling and looks like a monster this year - but it's also the first time since entering the league that he's actually not gotten hurt. I'm not willing to shell out $7m a year for an injury prone back... I too think AP will be a Cowboys next year - will not shock me one bit.

You know, sometimes running backs go through periods where they endure some injuries, get labeled thus, and then go relatively injury-free. Even Peterson had injuries coming out of college at OU and may have experienced a little of that.

I think DeMarco Murray right now is the best running back in the NFL, and it isn't close. He's been a rock this season, other than twisting an ankle. Has he been on the injury reports otherwise?

Do you want to throw away potential upside like that based on a CHANCE he may get injured? You reassured me earlier this year when I suggested they bring in a high tier back to spell him, stating correctly that you can't assume he won't hold up. Well he has.

You can't let this guy go. After that little fit Dez Bryant threw last night it's a no brainer. Just my opinion of course, you know your team better.

Why? A 5-7 team going nowhere. Even if they win out there is very little chance of a playoff spot.

Play him to up his trade value? Jerry will pay!!! Murray needs to stop banging Brennan Clay's wife before he gets paid!!!

I wonder how long it will take him to be whipped into shape....or if the Vikes are even willing to make the switch?

I can't believe this joke went unnoticed.

• Like 2

You mean use the switch?

According to SI's Peter King..

Well i just grabbed him again just in case :dunno:

Get a switch

Do you want to throw away potential upside like that based on a CHANCE he may get injured? You reassured me earlier this year when I suggested they bring in a high tier back to spell him, stating correctly that you can't assume he won't hold up. Well he has.

Murray may be the best back in the league right now. That being said - the gap between him and a few others is minimal - especially if they were allowed to run behind this line..... My earlier stance on somebody "maybe" getting injured was in regards to bringing a player in, mid-season and taking up valuable cap space. With Murray it's a different story. With Murray we're talking about long term commitments. In his case I really don't want to back the truck up and spend a gazillion dollars to keep him. Given his history - the rewards simply do not justify the risk, especially given the fact you can have similar for much less...... And we will need that money - we will need capital in order to fill other needs.... Ask yourself - would you rather have just Murray, or a comparable back AND Rolando McClain? Bcoz the odds of having both Murray and McClain and nil to none. Those are the kinds of options I'd have to take into account when it comes to maybe resigning Murray.......... I can tell you this - I'm not paying $5m a year plus for him, no thanks.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reports Adrian Peterson is "likely (but not certain) to be reinstated next week."

Peterson's appeal was heard this week, and it's now in the hands of league appeals officer, Harold Henderson. Henderson has rarely, if ever, sided with the player, so it'd come as a surprise to see Peterson win, especially after it was reported earlier in the week that the NFLPA wasn't confident about Peterson winning the appeal. If Peterson wins, it will then be the Vikings' call whether to activate him for Week 15. It's a true toss-up at this point. Stay tuned. Dec 5 - 9:11 AM
Source: Sports Illustrated

So, explain to me how Peter King arrived at the conclusion that AP is "likely (but not certain" to be reinstated next week" ?? Reading that, what sh!t is he smoking to arrive at his conclusion?

Peter King must actually be Lloyd Christmas

"More like one in a million, Peter"

"So you're saying there's a chance. YEAHHHHHHH"

:doh:

Murray may be the best back in the league right now. That being said - the gap between him and a few others is minimal - especially if they were allowed to run behind this line..... My earlier stance on somebody "maybe" getting injured was in regards to bringing a player in, mid-season and taking up valuable cap space. With Murray it's a different story. With Murray we're talking about long term commitments. In his case I really don't want to back the truck up and spend a gazillion dollars to keep him. Given his history - the rewards simply do not justify the risk, especially given the fact you can have similar for much less...... And we will need that money - we will need capital in order to fill other needs.... Ask yourself - would you rather have just Murray, or a comparable back AND Rolando McClain? Bcoz the odds of having both Murray and McClain and nil to none. Those are the kinds of options I'd have to take into account when it comes to maybe resigning Murray.......... I can tell you this - I'm not paying $5m a year plus for him, no thanks.

We're off here for some reason. I think there's no comparable back to Murray. Not with his size, speed, and skill set.

I'd jump at the chance to get him for $5 mill. But there's no chance of that. The franchise tag alone will almost $9-10 mill.

Rolando McClain? Wow. My prediction is he doesn't end the season healthy.

We're off here for some reason. I think there's no comparable back to Murray. Not with his size, speed, and skill set.

There might not be a player out there with his skill set for sure. But I also don't think you need a superpower, all world rb in order to prosper behind this wall of beef..... NE is killing it right now, who is their $8m running back? Green Bay? Lacy isn't even making $1m a year. Denver is pretty good - M. Ball isn't making $1m a year either.... The top teams in the league are doing it with qb play, protection, and defense - not a single one is doing it with high priced rb's.

Rolando McClain? Wow. My prediction is he doesn't end the season healthy.

To me R. McClain is every bit as valuable to this team as Murray or Dez - in fact, he may be more. You can find rbs, especially to run behind our guys. The R. McClains of the world are much harder to find.... Then there is the rest of the defense - we need help all over. We need a corner, we need defensive ends, we need defensive tackles - we need a pass rush. That money has to come from somewhere.

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reports Adrian Peterson is "likely (but not certain) to be reinstated next week."

Peterson's appeal was heard this week, and it's now in the hands of league appeals officer, Harold Henderson. Henderson has rarely, if ever, sided with the player, so it'd come as a surprise to see Peterson win, especially after it was reported earlier in the week that the NFLPA wasn't confident about Peterson winning the appeal. If Peterson wins, it will then be the Vikings' call whether to activate him for Week 15. It's a true toss-up at this point. Stay tuned. Dec 5 - 9:11 AM

So, explain to me how Peter King arrived at the conclusion that AP is "likely (but not certain" to be reinstated next week" ?? Reading that, what sh!t is he smoking to arrive at his conclusion?

agree, i was like, are we reading the same article?

I think DeMarco Murray right now is the best running back in the NFL, and it isn't close. He's been a rock this season, other than twisting an ankle. Has he been on the injury reports otherwise?

We have seen this before. A guy has a blockbuster high carry year. Then what happens.

A few years ago there was an article talking about the dropoff in production after a RB clears the 350 touch mark in a season. Murray is at 373 now (320 carries & 53 receptions). He is on pace to have over 450 touches. That is not someone I would want to invest a lot of long term money in.

We have seen this before. A guy has a blockbuster high carry year. Then what happens.

A few years ago there was an article talking about the dropoff in production after a RB clears the 350 touch mark in a season. Murray is at 373 now (320 carries & 53 receptions). He is on pace to have over 450 touches. That is not someone I would want to invest a lot of long term money in.

well, someone's getting the $, either murray or ap

Cause McKinnon is hurt and Assata is awful. I dont care if they are 0-12 they still need a RB

Come on Dirty Sanchez dont be a hater!!!!

• Like 1

How about making defenses think about one of the most talented backs in football and hopefully allowing the rookie QB to make plays and gain confidence for next year?

lovers gonna love,

hators gonna hate,

all i wanna do,

is pee up in your face

I wanna pee on you, pee on you, pee on you

R. Kelly

How about making defenses think about one of the most talented backs in football and hopefully allowing the rookie QB to make plays and gain confidence for next year?

this, and the billion other reasons people might find to have him play again this year don't collectively add up to the headache the org will face in bringing him back. His days are a viking are over. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him the minute he's reinstated. His days of being a 12 million dollar player are over too...He was one of the greats and I loved to watch him run, but his career is fading...

lovers gonna love,

hators gonna hate,

all i wanna do,

is pee up in your face

I wanna pee on you, pee on you, pee on you

R. Kelly

Man, how are you gonna butcher classic Chappelle like that?

FIrst off, in a redraft league, moving for AP is a foolish thing to do.

Second, So this is being done through arbitration

This explains why, if report I heard today is correct, that the ruling would be announced next week.

If the arbitrator is neutral. They would have tipped their hand in such a way to make both sides see themselves on the wrong end of the ruling. Thus encourage the parties negotiate a mutually desired outcome.

However, he doesn't appear to be neutral. Which foreshadows a work stoppage at the end of the next CBA is worthless blockhead is still the commissioner. But that is off topic.

This stated, NFL week 14 with 3 more games to play. It is doubtful AP would suit up this year and if so meaningfully. Even with the lack of RB depth MN now has. Injury, quality etc.

The big thing is for AP to be a in a position to play next season, some where.

Next big thing is to be in a position to be employed next season, anywhere.

Most likely time a team will have any interest in early in the offseason FA/Trading period prior to the draft

Problem for all involved here is that all parities have stupidlly handled this mess from the start.

Old worthless blockhead is not capable of original idea, strategy, or common sense. Old Worthless Blockhead isfeable minded POS. His only idea is making bangers and mash a new delicacy in every NFL ballpark in the near future. Puke.

It really isn't that hard to figure a way out of this box.

It was just a matter of determining who presented themselves as the driver of change.

The Vikings or Adrian. It wasn't going to be the NFL. This is the only part they did right. It had to be driven by these two parties.

First party in this is the Vikes. Short of them presenting a solution, it should have been AP.

Problem for the NFL, Vikes didn't do this. Second Problem, is the criminal case was resolved just after the trade deadline had passed.

AP problem is he employs a fool of an attorney. Sure he maybe good in court. But has failed him in the court of public opinion and brand revenues. Their strategy may lead to an early retirement for AP.

Simply put. Either party should ahve found a local (NFL Market) reputable/notable Domestic Abuse Agency that offered a treatment solution. Brought them in as a partner. Ideally if Vikings/Twin Cities. It would have been someone like and in a program such as this

http://tubman.org/home/services/chemical-health-services/holistic-abuse-prevention/

AP, with all his offspring, many in MN. May have aleviated some issue he will have with Social Service here as a result of what took place with a MN resident at AP TX home.

My prediction, AP is done.

Next season AP replaces Barry Sanders as a player not on a roster being drafted on the hopes of returning to play.

He will take over the missed Fantasy Footballers from here on will mention him for the next five as coming back.

• Like 1

Not sure why the out of contention Vikings will need a RB in a couple weeks...

That aside, why would Peterson want to come back at this stage of the season? He has probably realized all/most of his guaranteed money and being 100% healthy for next season, where he could be under new contract, seems far more lucrative than a couple game checks.

He is going to go to dallas as a high paid rbbc where he gets 100 touches a year behind demarco and the chance to run behind the best o line he ever had.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports the NFLPA and the NFL could still reach a settlement regarding Adrian Peterson's appeal of a season-ending suspension.

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has urged the NFL and NFLPA to work out a deal, but neither side has appeared willing to negotiate up to this point. Any settlement would have to come before Henderson issues his ruling, which is expected next week. With Sports Illustrated's Peter King reporting Peterson was "likely" to win his appeal, the NFL may be inclined to reach a settlement rather than deal with the backlash of another failure of their disciplinary process. Peterson is still unlikely to play this season, but his chances are improving by the day.
all this double talk is freaking me out

He is going to go to dallas as a high paid rbbc where he gets 100 touches a year behind demarco and the chance to run behind the best o line he ever had.

There is no chance, zero - that both AP and Murray will be Cowboys next year. Absolutely none.

There is no chance, zero - that both AP and Murray will be Cowboys next year. Absolutely none.

per glazer or riggle?

That's why Foster dropped so low this year. Aside from a couple of missed weeks, how did he end up doing this season so far?