Sign in to follow this  
JT

Seven years ago today my life was saved. Donate life.

Done. Not sure why I didn't do this before. Just registered on Donate Life CA site. Thanks for the story and push. Feel better now that I could potentially help someone live after my passing. :thumbsup:

1/2/08, after nearly 4 years on the list and 3 failed attempts, I received the double lung transplant that saved my life. The ensuing years have been the best of my life, personally and professionally, all because a young kid from Denver checked the box to become an organ donor and, when he sensed something was going wrong for him, stressed to his family his desire to help others in the event of his death.

Joe Templeton was 22 years old when he died 12/30/07. Since then his story has been told to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. He's my hero and an example of the lasting impact that anyone can have by simply making the choice to be a donor.

Donate Life.

Did you ever get to meet his family? Sometimes you hear of such stories which is awesome.

Did you ever get to meet his family? Sometimes you hear of such stories which is awesome.

Search some of JTs posts. He also posts on Joe's birthday and we all celebrate For Joe.

Believe he has met the family.

I think he has. I hope he really didn't leave.

Stick around JT.

• Like 1

I think he has. I hope he really didn't leave.

Stick around JT.

Yeah he did meet the family and calls it his too- I found the thread he made on June 3, 2014 on Joe's bday. Wow. Very touching. Very good read. The enormous impact you can make on someone's life by giving them life is mind blowing. I mean I imagined it would be but what JT wrote in that thread is pretty emotional... GB Joe for being so adamant. Seems his mom was on the fence of going through with it but Joe had insisted she must do it and so she did.

ETA: The link to the 6/3/14 thread if anyone missed it and is interested:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=433251&hl=

Yeah he did meet the family and calls it his too- I found the thread he made on June 3, 2014 on Joe's bday. Wow. Very touching. Very good read. The enormous impact you can make on someone's life by giving them life is mind blowing. I mean I imagined it would be but what JT wrote in that thread is pretty emotional... GB Joe for being so adamant. Seems his mom was on the fence of going through with it but Joe had insisted she must do it and so she did.

ETA: The link to the 6/3/14 thread if anyone missed it and is interested:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=433251&hl=

Why bring God into this thread ????

:ninja:

Why bring God into this thread ????

:ninja:

:o My very bad indeed... :ninja:

Alright then. Since I can't even honor the guy who saved my life here on one of the the two occasions annually that I attempt to do so (the other being his birthday) without the usual suspects showing any common decency, it's time for me to get out.

It has sometimes been fun, though not for a while.

Best to you all.

Donate life.

You nimrods chased him away!

You nimrods chased him away!

I thought he lost his password and posting as someone else ?

Alias Detective?

Who are you again ?

I think Alias Detective = JTB, definitely not JT.

JT lives here in the Phoenix area; I was hoping to meet up with him for a :cheers: but then he committed bored suicide. :(

The law should be EVERYONE is automatically an organ donor. If you want off the list - fine, but your also exempt from recieving one.

That would end the shortage for organs in this country. I have no problem donating, but I hate the thought of my organ saving the life of some scumbag who would rather have his organs rot before saving somebody else's life.

Organ transplants are a billion dollar business yet the most important part, the organ, they want for free. If you start paying the survivors for the organs donated there will be plenty to go around. People are making millions off of organ transplants why should the donor receive nothing?

There is something wrong with this picture.

Organ transplants are a billion dollar business yet the most important part, the organ, they want for free. If you start paying the survivors for the organs donated there will be plenty to go around. People are making millions off of organ transplants why should the donor receive nothing?

There is something wrong with this picture.

You don't want financial incentive to donate organs, as poor people will then put their health in jeopardy to literally sell their bodies. There is an impoverished island in the Phillipines where that's exactly what happened, and the government subsequently made the policy illegal. Now there is exactly one country where living people are encouraged to sell their kidneys: Iran. Maybe you should move there?

Donation after death also presents an ethical dilemma, as family may terminate treatment early or off their relatives for cash.

Who are you again ?

I think Alias Detective = JTB, definitely not JT.

JT lives here in the Phoenix area; I was hoping to meet up with him for a :cheers: but then he committed bored suicide. :(

This

You should sell your brain for $5.99.

I would rather have bunny's liver or crack's legs.

I would rather have bunny's liver or crack's legs.

Crack's leg was bought by the Klaus Barbie Museum. They made a lamp with it.

Bump.

Everyone should be a donor. In JT's honor we should bump this thread every year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Bump.

Everyone should be a donor. In JT's honor we should bump this thread every year.

I'm happy to donate whatever is needed from me when I pass.  I've been listed as a donor ever since I got my license.

I donate a little bit of dna to your mom.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Bump.

What made you think of this?  :dunno: 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What made you think of this?  :dunno: 

The obscure facts about geeks thread. I was trying to think of an obscure geek and thought of this thread.

36 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The obscure facts about geeks thread. I was trying to think of an obscure geek and thought of this thread.

I’ve been meaning to read that, I’ll head there now.  :cheers: 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Old School said:

JT was a cool poster. I want to say he was also a guitar player. 

He was.  He also used to live here in Phoenix, I think in the general neighborhood we just bought a house in. :cheers: 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

He was.  He also used to live here in Phoenix, I think in the general neighborhood we just bought a house in. :cheers: 

He was one of the good ones- you may just run into him one of these days! 

18 minutes ago, Old School said:

Hopefully not for many more years though.

1 hour ago, Old School said:

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Hopefully not for many more years though.

Yeah, unfortunately he passed away a few years ago.  He knew he was living on borrowed time and made the most of it, including actively advocating for transplants.  As such he is an inspiration to me to figure out my “next life” and how I can use that time to help others in my situation.  And to get rich quick with crypto.

Here is his obituary.  RIP and breathe well, JT.  :cheers: 

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/oct/02/obituary-john-taylor/

• Sad 2

Hell. I didn’t realize he died.

I thought he committed bored suicide and never returned?

On 8/11/2021 at 7:33 AM, Alias Detective said:

What had been your reluctance till now?

I’m not sure, really.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, jerryskids said:

Yeah, unfortunately he passed away a few years ago.  He knew he was living on borrowed time and made the most of it, including actively advocating for transplants.  As such he is an inspiration to me to figure out my “next life” and how I can use that time to help others in my situation.  And to get rich quick with crypto.

Here is his obituary.  RIP and breathe well, JT.  :cheers: 

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/oct/02/obituary-john-taylor/

Oh man. 

His obit sounds like he had a pretty exciting life and used the illness and transplant as a way to advocate, sounds like a good guy. RIP JT. 

• Like 1

One of the best Obit's I've ever read.  What a life lived.  

Also, no wonder he liked posting here.  😄

John spent 15 years hosting the “T. Time With T. Morgan” morning program, utilizing his quick wit and non-stop opinions on anything and everything to develop a strong following.  He referred to his time in radio as “a daily opportunity to chat for hours with my imaginary friends.”