Sign in to follow this  
IMMensaMind

++ UPDATE: 4-Game Suspension Upheld - 11 of 12 footballs NE used were deflated 2psi!

It’s still not known what the NFL specifically has found, or will find, in the #DeflateGate investigation. It is known that, when the time comes to assess the evidence, a low threshold will determine the outcome.

Per a league source, the “preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game. That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

Although Patriots owner Robert Kraft has insisted on “hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to drive the conclusion of this investigation,” circumstantial evidence could be sufficient to overcome any legal standard — especially a low one like “preponderance of the evidence.”

Depending on the full extent of the evidence obtained during the ongoing investigation, that could be bad news for the Patriots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/27/low-standard-of-proof-applies-to-deflategate/

This was posted within the hour.

Florio seems pretty plugged in and he makes no mention of the refs and paints kind of a negative picture here for the Pats.

:dunno:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/27/low-standard-of-proof-applies-to-deflategate/

This was posted within the hour.

Florio seems pretty plugged in and he makes no mention of the refs and paints kind of a negative picture here for the Pats.

:dunno:

Florio is a BS media sensationalist. Just take a look at his damn homepage for crying out loud. Reads like a focking tabloid

Florio is a BS media sensationalist. Just take a look at his damn homepage for crying out loud. Reads like a focking tabloid

With regard to this story, what has he sensationalized?

Actually, don't even care. Only reason I linked his article was it was the most recent regarding this story, and it didn't mention anything about the refs. It did mention the league applying a preponderance of evidence standard in assessing punishment which was something I hadn't heard yet. :dunno:

With regard to this story, what has he sensationalized?

Actually, don't even care. Only reason I linked his article was it was the most recent regarding this story, and it didn't mention anything about the refs. It did mention the league applying a preponderance of evidence standard in assessing punishment which was something I hadn't heard yet. :dunno:

Well it's a piss poor source but no worse than all the other rumors and innuendo the media has been throwing out there:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/richs-sources-patriots-footballs-passed-referee-inspection-just-under-allowable-psi-level/

Actually that means there was no cheating involved. You and everyone else were saying if they tampered with the balls after the inspection then they would be cheating. Before the inspection it is not cheating if the pressure is a little too low. By that logic aaron Rodgers is a cheater since he admits he purposely over inflates his footballs. So if refs didn't check the psi before the game ten that's on them and he nfl owes the patriots an apology for painting them in a bad media light

That's hilarious. It's not cheating if the refs don't check for cheating before the game instead wait till at halftime? OK. You really need to put the crack pipe down

Actually that means there was no cheating involved. You and everyone else were saying if they tampered with the balls after the inspection then they would be cheating. Before the inspection it is not cheating if the pressure is a little too low. By that logic aaron Rodgers is a cheater since he admits he purposely over inflates his footballs. So if refs didn't check the psi before the game ten that's on them and he nfl owes the patriots an apology for painting them in a bad media light

That's hilarious. It's not cheating if the refs don't check for cheating before the game instead wait till at halftime? OK. You really need to put the crack pipe down

So aaron Rodgers is a cheater too. Got it

So aaron Rodgers is a cheater too. Got it

its not the same thing :cry: leave roger alone :cry:

Not even remotely related

Everyone know Aarons way of cheating makes it harder :cry:

Not even closely related :cry:

The pats have a history :cry:

Holy backtrack! :lol:

The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the

ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.

It's the referee's job to ensure the balls meets specs. If he's not doing his job, or doing it by feel rather than instrument, that ain't the Pats' problem.

Holy backtrack! :lol:

Backtrack? Calling them cheaters is backtracking? What has changed? And where is this report anyway?

Why does it make you feel better if Aaoron Rodgers cheats too?

It's up to police to prevent murder. If they don't. Murder was Ok. Am I following parrot logic?

Backtrack? Calling them cheaters is backtracking? What has changed? And where is this report anyway?

It's up to police to prevent murder. If they don't. Murder was Ok. Am I following parrot logic?

its not cheating dumbfock

:doh:

Did you hear this on the phone, and that's why there's no link? You talking to Mort or something? Cuz I don't see anything out there about the refs. :dunno:

Yeah was talking to Mort. Phone wouldnt copy link for some damn reason. Someone posted the link above.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/27/richs-sources-patriots-footballs-passed-referee-inspection-just-under-allowable-psi-level/

Im sure you just laugh every time one of us replies to your bait. Its kind of fun except it reminds me of this weekend when i was trying to teach my 2 year old to drive his electric 4 wheeler. TURN.....TURN......and he just looks at me smiling and floors it strait ahead.

Here is video of the balls being deflated

http://bcove.me/021sw8pj

its not cheating dumbfock

:doh:

I honestly don't think he realizes it's not cheating. The whole argument was if the balls were tampered with after the inspection it was cheating. Now according to him it doesn't matter they are still cheaters. Talk about someone who hates to lose

I honestly don't think he realizes it's not cheating. The whole argument was if the balls were tampered with after the inspection it was cheating. Now according to him it doesn't matter they are still cheaters. Talk about someone who hates to lose

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

NFL now contacting columbia physicist... Jesus what a bunch of dumbasses. You'd think you would rule out other, obvious explanations BEFORE accusing a super bowl team of cheating :doh:

Holy fock

Changing your definition of cheating. First it was that they let the air out of the balls after the refs properly inflated them. Now that it's looking like that never happened your changing your tune to say it's cheating if the refs failed to properly inflate them in the first place :lol: :doh:

What a clown you are, dude. My opinion of you has never been high yet somehow you always manage to make it even lower. Sack up and quit your crying

• Like 1

Changing your definition of cheating. First it was that they let the air out of the balls after the refs properly inflated them. Now that it's looking like that never happened your changing your tune to say it's cheating if the refs failed to properly inflate them in the first place :lol: :doh:

What a clown you are, dude. My opinion of you has never been high yet somehow you always manage to make it even lower. Sack up and quit your crying

Lol I never narrowly defined cheating to what you describe. You cheat when you break a rule. It's not that hard of a logic to follow. The chain of events leading to being caught doesn't define cheating. It's the breaking of the rule that defines cheating dipshit. And where is this story bas were not checked with gauge before game anyway?

Lol I never narrowly defined cheating to what you describe. You cheat when you break a rule. It's not that hard of a logic to follow. The chain of events leading to being caught doesn't define cheating. It's the breaking of the rule that defines cheating dipshit. And where is this story bas were not checked with gauge before game anyway?

if they tampered with the balls after inspection by the refs, they clearly cheated and should be punished accordingly. If they did not and it was a failure of the refs to check the balls according to league protocol then they clearly did not cheat and the NFL owes them an apology and the haters like yourself can enjoy your humble pie.

Pretty cut and dry.

if they tampered with the balls after inspection by the refs, they clearly cheated and should be punished accordingly. If they did not and it was a failure of the refs to check the balls according to league protocol then they clearly did not cheat and the NFL owes them an apology and the haters like yourself can enjoy your humble pie.

Pretty cut and dry.

So if they deliberately underinflAted the balls below legal limit it's not cheating?

Funny when they got caught for cheating during spygate it was still cheating even though they got away with it and only caught after the fact. If I steal and don't get caught I still broke the law

Weird justification you guys got going

And where is this story about refs not checking pressure anyway ? Link?

So if they deliberately underinflAted the balls below legal limit it's not cheating?

Funny when they got caught for cheating during spygate it was still cheating even though they got away with it and only caught after the fact. If I steal and don't get caught I still broke the law

no it is not, sorry charlie, no amount of tears changes that fact.

Good effort though.

Here's your link

And come on man seriously? You're determined to call them cheaters no matter what so I don't see why you keep posting about it. You're opinion won't change no matter the results. Fact is, as stated in the link, it is the refs responsibility to check the psi to determine if they are up to standards. Doesn't matter if they came to them slightly under inflated it's not cheating since the balls haven't been tampered with

Pretty cut and dry.

Nailed it.

Pretty cut and dry.

Another thing, I don't even know that there is a "protocol". The rulebook just says the referee is the sole judge, but doesn't outline any kind of process. Yes, there is a prescribed PSI, and the expectation would be that they would check for that, but there is also a prescribed size and weight, and I haven't heard anyone ever suggest they weigh the balls or measure their dimensions. :dunno:

Another thing, I don't even know that there is a "protocol". The rulebook just says the referee is the sole judge, but doesn't outline any kind of process. Yes, there is a prescribed PSI, and the expectation would be that they would check for that, but there is also a prescribed size and weight, and I haven't heard anyone ever suggest they weigh the balls or measure their dimensions. :dunno:

Oh good god don't say that. Now patriots haters will be saying the balls were probably 1/4 of an inch smaller than their opponents balls and 1/3 of a pound lighter.

Here's your link

And come on man seriously? You're determined to call them cheaters no matter what so I don't see why you keep posting about it. You're opinion won't change no matter the results. Fact is, as stated in the link, it is the refs responsibility to check the psi to determine if they are up to standards. Doesn't matter if they came to them slightly under inflated it's not cheating since the balls haven't been tampered with

Was Howard Stern not available for comment?

You have redefined cheating to be "tampering" instead of breaking a rule of providing balls under inflated. Either way it's cheating.

Webster defines cheating as:

: to break a rule or law usually to gain an advantage at something

duh :wacko: I think someone is confused on what cheating is and it's not me.

You have redefined cheating to be "tampering" instead of breaking a rule of providing balls under inflated. Either way it's cheating.

link to the rule ?

Man are all steeler fans this retarded.

News flash...steelers and ravens fans, you've never been cheated out of a win. Your team cheated you.

HTH

link to the rule ?

Man are all steeler fans this retarded.

News flash...steelers and ravens fans, you've never been cheated out of a win. Your team cheated you.

HTH

You must be kidding me right? If the balls were not underinflated by the rules there would be no thread and no investigation.

You, son, have bottomed out on downright ignorant moron status.

Omg dude just GTFO of this thread. Please never post again. The amount of stupidity you display is freaking insane. Jesus your team lost and you just can't STAND the fact that you were proven wrong about the whole cheating thing. If I'm ever proven wrong I'll admit it like a man. Yet you sit there whining and crying like a dam baby changing your story from "balls were deflated after inspection so it was cheating" to "well the ones they provided for inspection were under inflated so it's still cheating". No dumbass it's the refs job to make sure if any psi has leaked out after the team rubs the footballs down and getting them to the correct feel preference for the Qb.

Just do everyone a favor and stop posting please. Every time you do you make yourself look even more incompetent

• Like 1

It's the referee's job to ensure the balls meets specs. If he's not doing his job, or doing it by feel rather than instrument, that ain't the Pats' problem.

I agree - and it's exactly why obfuscating Patriots fan cannot equate other ball manipulation incidences with NE cheating.

Omg dude just GTFO of this thread. Please never post again. The amount of stupidity you display is freaking insane. Jesus your team lost and you just can't STAND the fact that you were proven wrong about the whole cheating thing. If I'm ever proven wrong I'll admit it like a man. Yet you sit there whining and crying like a dam baby changing your story from "balls were deflated after inspection so it was cheating" to "well the ones they provided for inspection were under inflated so it's still cheating". No dumbass it's the refs job to make sure if any psi has leaked out after the team rubs the footballs down and getting them to the correct feel preference for the Qb.

Just do everyone a favor and stop posting please. Every time you do you make yourself look even more incompetent

OK so quit your crying and debate.

Here is what you coach said happened: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12222029/bill-belichick-says-new-england-patriots-followed-every-rule-preparation-footballs

"When the footballs are delivered to the officials' locker room, the officials were asked to inflate them to 12.5 PSI," he [billICheat) said.

So your stupid disc jockey alibi is busted. Now let's start talking your tampering issue you moron. No wonder the disc jockey story got no tread, it was debunked by Bill himself. PRICELESS

Here is what you coach said happened: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12222029/bill-belichick-says-new-england-patriots-followed-every-rule-preparation-footballs

So your stupid disc jockey alibi is busted. Now let's start talking your tampering issue you moron.

And I will fire back with THE DAM REFS DIDNT INFLATE THEM. Jesus Christ dude really? You're f****** retarded sometimes. He instructed them to inflate them. Did they inflate them? No. From reports they did not. So who's fault does that lie with huh? The refs you f****** retard

And didn't I say don't post again and to GTFO? Please do so and don't let the door hit you on the way out

So your stupid disc jockey alibi is busted. Now let's start talking your tampering issue you moron. No wonder the disc jockey story got no tread, it was debunked by Bill himself. PRICELESS

You're the one who's been sobbing like a little b1tch since day one :lol:

And you're focking stupid to boot. What Belichick said was they asked the refs to inflate to 12.5 BUT THEY DON'T KNOW IF THE REFS ACTUALLY DID THAT. Get it, moron? :doh:

Pretty cut and dry.

I'm good with this completely - except for one thing.

You were willing to call Aaron Rodgers a cheater under the exact same scenario.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Patriots Fan. :first:

And I will fire back with THE DAM REFS DIDNT INFLATE THEM. Jesus Christ dude really? You're f****** retarded sometimes. He instructed them to inflate them. Did they inflate them? No. From reports they did not. So who's fault does that lie with huh? The refs you f****** retard

No, so where you are going is that they inflated one of them, leaving the other 11 be. Then you do know that the Pats submit 24 balls, so that means that the refs inflated 13 (because the 12 other balls used in the 2nd half were OK).

What a tangled web we weave.

No, so where you are going is that they inflated one of them, leaving the other 11 be. Then you do know that the Pats submit 24 balls, so that means that the refs inflated 13 (because the 12 other balls used in the 2nd half were OK).

What a tangled web we weave.

I'm sorry but I'm done talking please leave. At this point you're trolling and I refuse to be a part of it. Good luck with your team next year if they even manage to make playoffs. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying the Super Bowl pulling for my team that made it while whiny criers like you sit there pissed still looking for a different way you can spin the story to suit your need for them to have cheated to make their way to the top

• Like 1