Sign in to follow this  
HenryHill9323

NFL: 11 of 12 Pat's balls under inflated.

Given that the justice department yesterday (very quietly) cleared Officer Wilson for any potential wrongdoing, lets wait for the facts of what happened before the ridiculous hyperbole flows.

if they haven't been over inflated why would the refs have to take air out ? :doh:

The officials have to preapprove game balls. They take the air out then. If Rodgers takes the adjusted balls and over inflates them, then you'd have and apples to apples comparison. But I've never heard of him using over inflated balls during a game. I don't think the league has ever investigated him for doing that.

But the league likes the Packers and hates the Patriots, so maybe that's the difference. :rolleyes:

if they haven't been over inflated why would the refs have to take air out ? :doh:

Did Rodgers put more air back in the balls after the refs inspected them?

The officials have to preapprove game balls. They take the air out then. If Rodgers takes the adjusted balls and over inflates them, then you'd have and apples to apples comparison. But I've never heard of him using over inflated balls during a game. I don't think the league has ever investigated him for doing that.

But the league likes the Packers and hates the Patriots, so maybe that's the difference. :rolleyes:

no the crybabies force the league to give a schit about an irrelevant situation..squeaky wheels get the grease, its just another case in the long line of teams who can't lose to the pats with dignity.

did Brady or belichik take air out after they were inspected ?

Link ?

also, the quote:

I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it"

"See IF they take the air out of it"

Thread won, TKfockingO

also, the quote:

I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it"

Thread won, TKfockingO

But, but that's different, because...PATRIOTS!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Someone did, clearly.

so the refs checked the psi before giving them back to the patriots ? Got a link ?

According to Rogers, it seems like it's an IF thing with regards to the balls.

My prediction, there will be no punishment, the NFL will admit the refs did not properly inspect the balls prior to kick off.

And there will be a bunch of even sorer losers crying about it.

Write it down.

so the refs checked the psi before giving them back to the patriots ? Got a link ?

According to Rogers, it seems like it's an IF thing with regards to the balls.

Were there too many words for you, that why you missed it the first time?

SI story

Every quarterback can tamper with the 12 footballs assigned to his team in the days before the game. In the NFL, each team is allowed weekly to break in 12 new footballs as it sees fit, according to the quarterback’s preference. That includes taking the shine and slipperiness off the new balls, and compressing them and working them in to soften the leather. By rule, those 12 footballs are then delivered to the officiating crew on site 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game begins.

At that point the head linesman inspects each football with one or more members of his crew. If need be, the officials will clean off the balls. Then they will insert a needle into the balls, one by one, to ensure the balls are inflated to the proper pressure: between 12.5 and 13.5 psi. If a ball is underinflated, an electric pump is used to fill it to the requisite level. Then all 12 balls are marked by silver Sharpie with a referee’s personal preference of a mark—Gene Steratore’s crew uses the letter “L,” for Steratore’s fiancée, Lisa—and put back into the bag, and zipped. The bags are handed to the ballboys minutes before the opening kickoff. If it’s raining, or bad weather is on the way, the officials might tell the ballboys to change the ball on every play, whether it hits the ground on the previous play or not.

To sum up: Yes, the quarterback or his equipment staff can break in the balls in whatever way they want a couple of days before the game. But no, the quarterback cannot dictate the level of air pressure in the ball. Or at least he cannot do it legally. And the low air pressure in the Patriots’ footballs is why this is a story.

2013 The MMQB’s Peter King went behind the scenes with Gene Steratore’s officiating crew before a Ravens-Bears game at Soldier Field. Here, the crew inspect the game balls in the officials’ locker room for proper inflation. Balls that have been worked up during the week to the quarterback’s satisfaction by the teams are turned over to the officials two hours and 15 minutes before the game. Those that are above 13.5 pounds per square inch are deflated to the league-mandated 12.5 to 13.5 psi. Those that are under 12.5 get pumped back up to the regulation pressure.

Tom Brady * Cheaters gotta cheat!

also, the quote:

Thread won, TKfockingO

Apples and oranges, Sport.

He isn't tampering with the balls after the refs inspect them like the Cheatriots do.

no the crybabies force the league to give a schit about an irrelevant situation..squeaky wheels get the grease, its just another case in the long line of teams who can't lose to the pats with dignity.

Before I say this I want to make it clear that I think this whole ordeal has been blown WAY out of proportion.

IF someone did change the PSI after the refs approved the balls, then there's only one team that's lacking dignity and it's not any of the teams that reported the problem.

IF the balls were low PSI and the refs missed it, that's on the refs.

IF it turns out that this is actually something that's never been correctly policed and it's something that every team does, that's on the NFL.

Right now I don't think enough information has come out but I'm sure with as big a deal as has been made, the truth will be out before the Suberbowl.

Before I say this I want to make it clear that I think this whole ordeal has been blown WAY out of proportion.

IF someone did change the PSI after the refs approved the balls, then there's only one team that's lacking dignity and it's not any of the teams that reported the problem.

IF it turns out that this is actually something that's never been correctly policed and it's something that every team does, that's on the NFL.

Right now I don't think enough information has come out but I'm sure with as big a deal as has been made, the truth will be out before the Suberbowl.

agree, and if the pats did tamper after the psi was tested I'm fine with Brady or whoever the guilty party is being suspended for the game.

Just a stupid sideshow story all around. Totally detracts from the buildup to the big game too. Way to go NFL :rolleyes:

agree, and if the pats did tamper after the psi was tested I'm fine with Brady or whoever the guilty party is being suspended for the game.

I agree with your sentiment, but there is no way on earth Brady can be suspended for the Super Bowl :o

I agree with your sentiment, but there is no way on earth Brady can be suspended for the Super Bowl :o

whatever the league seems suitable I am fine with, my pink hat tells me they deserve whatever punishment administered if found guilty.

Maybe.

On the one hand it is what it is, and excluding Brady really lowers the value of the title game, not sure the NFL wants to do that, and it might not be "right", I just dont know....

On the other hand it might be the kind of punishment that gets the attention of teams, players, pretty much everyone.....

I am torn on this one, I would not want to be the gy making this call....

Just a stupid sideshow story all around. Totally detracts from the buildup to the big game too. Way to go NFL :rolleyes:

Still blaming the NFL for the Cheatriots getting caught cheating.

I'm shocked you don't think those responsible should take responsibility. :clap:

Still blaming the NFL for the Cheatriots getting caught cheating.

I'm shocked you don't think those responsible should take responsibility. :clap:

who got caught cheating? only ones caught doing anything are the loser crybabies being loser crybabies.

From Belicheat's presser:

"When I came in Monday morning I was shocked to learn of the news reports of the footballs," Belichick said. "I had no knowledge whatsoever of this situation until Monday morning. I’ve learned a lot more about this process in the last three days than I knew or had talked about in the last 40 years coaching in this league.

He clearly said he has never had a conversation with anyone about footballs, which presumably means that he was saying he never told any player or anyone else who works for the Patriots to deflate the game balls.

"My entire coaching career, I have never talked to any player, staff member about football air pressure," Belichick said. "That’s not a subject I have ever brought up. To me, the footballs are approved by the league and game officials pregame, and we play with what’s out there. That’s the only way I have ever thought about that."

So which is he?

Hands on mastermind who studies every detail and finds advantages for his team where other coaches never thought to look?

or

Just another run of the mill coach who doesn't really know the all the rules, and has never been exposed to the process of how balls are prepped, supplied and managed for every single NFL game he's coached in the last 40 years?

I wonder what the PSI was on the ball Odell Stick'em Jr. caught with one hand.

and why did noone check him for too much sticky?

It would be so refreshing if once, just once, blind homers like Drobeski and Worms could actually be honest with themselves and admit that Belichick and the Pats have been thinking of ways to cheat and gain unfair advantages over the rest of the league for 10+ years and it's time they are seriously punished so it stops. Of course, that'll never happen, but it would be nice.

From Belicheat's presser:

"When I came in Monday morning I was shocked to learn of the news reports of the footballs," Belichick said. "I had no knowledge whatsoever of this situation until Monday morning. I’ve learned a lot more about this process in the last three days than I knew or had talked about in the last 40 years coaching in this league.

He clearly said he has never had a conversation with anyone about footballs, which presumably means that he was saying he never told any player or anyone else who works for the Patriots to deflate the game balls.

"My entire coaching career, I have never talked to any player, staff member about football air pressure," Belichick said. "That’s not a subject I have ever brought up. To me, the footballs are approved by the league and game officials pregame, and we play with what’s out there. That’s the only way I have ever thought about that."

So which is he?

Hands on mastermind who studies every detail and finds advantages for his team where other coaches never thought to look?

or

Just another run of the mill coach who doesn't really know the all the rules, and has never been exposed to the process of how balls are prepped, supplied and managed for every single NFL game he's coached in the last 40 years?

I think there are too many unknowns to assert very much, the only real "knowns" cannot lead us to anything other than postulation, gotta give the NFL time, and then they will tell us what they want us to know.

Maybe.

On the one hand it is what it is, and excluding Brady really lowers the value of the title game, not sure the NFL wants to do that, and it might not be "right", I just dont know....

On the other hand it might be the kind of punishment that gets the attention of teams, players, pretty much everyone.....

I am torn on this one, I would not want to be the gy making this call....

Goodell will make sure the investigation isn't concluded until after the game.

zero chance, this will be dealt with by this weekend

That is what I was thinking as well, and it makes the most sense too, for the NFL at any rate.

The most controlling coach in all of sports, who tells his players what they are and aren't allowed to say to the press, has $10.000 per year equipment boys making the call to adjust the air pressure of the balls to benefit Brady? LOLOL Yeah, ok

The most controlling coach in all of sports, who tells his players what they are and aren't allowed to say to the press, has $10.000 per year equipment boys making the call to adjust the air pressure of the balls to benefit Brady? LOLOL Yeah, ok

If at his 3:45 presser, Brady tries to blame anyone but himself, I will be very disappointed.

I think there are too many unknowns to assert very much, the only real "knowns" cannot lead us to anything other than postulation, gotta give the NFL time, and then they will tell us what they want us to know.

I agree with that. But, I have a hard time believing the most notorious micro-manager in the game knows nothing about the the rules surrounding football air pressure.

He surely knows that the kickers use a group of 12 separate balls that are brand new, right outta the box.

I also don't believe he's never once seen or heard a QB talking about or working to get game balls just the way he likes them.

Belichick is well aware of every tiny thing that goes on in that organization. He knows that he is in line for a year's suspension and he is in pass-the-buck mode right now. Typical behavior for a deplorable douche like him

If at his 3:45 presser, Brady tries to blame anyone but himself, I will be very disappointed.

You can't expect the GOAT to notice the footballs in the AFC Championship game are inflated completely differently than every other ball he has thrown in his career. :clap:

That is what I was thinking as well, and it makes the most sense too, for the NFL at any rate.

how so? You let the story run out of control and take away from the game? No chance. This isn't an Adrian Peterson thing where dragging it out can be considered part of the punishment you are looking to show the public.

Belichick is well aware of every tiny thing that goes on in that organization. He knows that he is in line for a year's suspension and he is in pass-the-buck mode right now. Typical behavior for a deplorable douche like him

#loleagles

Maybe if you say Eagles enough times, Goodell won't penalize the Patriots and Belichick. And people other than Pats fans will be impressed by this fraudulent 10 year run. :sleep:

Bwahahahahaha