Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Russell Wilson's new deal - wow.

Hes not the same runner as RG3. Cunningham had a long successful career. Do you not watch Wilson play? He is an extremely cautious runner. Luck could get rolled up in the pocket and tear his acl. Then he can tear it again like bradford. Anything is possible with any qb, but Wilson doesnt have any more chance of tearing an acl than any other qb. Plus, players usually heal 100%

Luck would be just fine if he needed to become a Brady/Manning type pocket passer. Wilson would not be.

Eli, yes. Romo? Never. Maybe a September game. Not many QBs that I wouldn't rather have than Romo in a clutch situation.

One thing I will say about Wilson is that he seems to remain composed in stressful situations (the Super Bowl pick in the end zone notwithstanding)

As a die hard Cowboy hater, Romo looked good the last two years. I really would take him in fourth with the game on the line over Wilson.

Wilson threw three INT's and fumbled the ball in the NFC Championship game. And he, along with Turd Cutter Carrol, lost the game. I don't trust him. I'm not saying he is going to be Romoesque after last year and take years to bounce back. But I wouldn't be suprised if he did either. He is going to have to do more now once that defense comes back down to earth. He will not be a top five QB.

Have you ever really looked at that play? The playcall may have been bad, but I have no issue with his decision to throw it.

Check out this freeze frame showing the moment Wilson throws..

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/01/freeze-frame-before-russell-wilson-interception-shows-separation-malcolm-butler-closed/grab-2015-02-01-22h01m34s214/#main

Which is why you never throw a ball inside on the goal line with that much traffic. It's to risky of a play. NFL defenses are to fast. Carroll wanted Wilson to be the MVP. He made him the goat.

Luck would be just fine if he needed to become a Brady/Manning type pocket passer. Wilson would not be.

Hows it working out for Sam Bradford?

Which is why you never throw a ball inside on the goal line with that much traffic. It's to risky of a play. NFL defenses are to fast. Carroll wanted Wilson to be the MVP. He made him the goat.

Eli did it twice in the Super Bowls. Both ended up as td's. One to Tyree, one to Cruz.

Eli did it twice in the Super Bowls. Both ended up as td's. One to Tyree, one to Cruz.

That second Super Bowl y'all won still pisses me off. If the Saints stop San Fran on a 3-10 or whatever it was, we win that game and host the Giants in the Dome for the NFC Championship game. We destroyed them earlier in the year. But that's how the ball bounces.

That second Super Bowl y'all won still pisses me off. If the Saints stop San Fran on a 3-10 or whatever it was, we win that game and host the Giants in the Dome for the NFC Championship game. We destroyed them earlier in the year. But that's how the ball bounces.

Pisses you off, how about being a '9ers fan and watching your kick returner hand the game to the Giants? TWICE!!

Rough year..

I concur. Going in to the playoffs I knew the Giants could hang with SF and The Pack, they had earlier in the year. Me and my friends knew the Saints would beat them good. Wa very happy when SF beat the Saints. That was a great game though.

Since 2000, 4 QBs have won a SB who weren't drafted by that team. Kurt Warner(2000), Trent Dilfer(2001), Brad Johnson(2002) and Drew Brees(2010). Eli doesn't count.

No coincidence that most of those guys were a long time ago. With the rule changes in place to benefit passing games, it is more important than ever to have a solid QB. As a Vikings fan, trust me on this.

And I don't fault Wilson one bit for cashing in on what the market determined was his value. Take less money......after far and away outplaying his 3rd round contract? Stupid. And in a sport where you're literally one hit from being paralyzed? Fock that. You get what you can when you can.

Also, Seattle has a good defense. people are so quick to see the arrow pointing one way.....Seattles defense helps Wilson. But it works the other way too. Wilson helps that defense. He doesn't turn the ball over and put his defense in bad situations. He sustains drives to give his defense a breather. He helps them be great.

Same with Lynch. Dude is awesome, and he helps Wilson out a ton. But Wilson keeps defenses honest to allow Lynch room to run as well. There's symbiosis there. It's why football is the ultimate team game.

I still take Luck over him though. I mean, he plays for a team that paid a first round pick for Trent Richardson. Hard to overcome that kind of ineptitude. But he has the Colts in the thick of it every year despite sh!t for brains at the top.

Pisses you off, how about being a '9ers fan and watching your kick returner hand the game to the Giants? TWICE!!

Rough year..

Coughlin sent two guys back to handle punts that game because of the field conditions. Harbaugh shoikd have done the same.

Imagine if that were Romo or Cutler??

If they'd won the Super Bowl the year prior, I doubt they'd catch as much heat as you are imagining.

Hows it working out for Sam Bradford?

Terribly. The guy's made of crystal. Point?

Coughlin sent two guys back to handle punts that game because of the field conditions. Harbaugh shoikd have done the same.

I'd rather no guys have been back to cover punts...

I concur. Going in to the playoffs I knew the Giants could hang with SF and The Pack, they had earlier in the year. Me and my friends knew the Saints would beat them good. Wa very happy when SF beat the Saints. That was a great game though.

:cheers:

I'd rather no guys have been back to cover punts...

You have to give Eli his due in that game. The 49e's were rag dolling him all over the field that day and he kept getting up. Unlike another QB who has been in the news lately, he didn't cry to the refs or scream at his line. Picked himself up, straightened out his pads, pulled the turf out of his facemask and got to work. His best game ever, considering the conditions and the beating he took

You have to give Eli his due in that game. The 49e's were rag dolling him all over the field that day and he kept getting up. Unlike another QB who has been in the news lately, he didn't cry to the refs or scream at his line. Picked himself up, straightened out his pads, pulled the turf out of his facemask and got to work. His best game ever, considering the conditions and the beating he took

4 to 2

Yea but does he wear ugg boots or prim his hair with the finest product?

Yea but does he wear ugg boots or prim his hair with the finest product?

No. Doesn't scream like my daughter either.

No. Doesn't scream like my daughter either.

4 to 2

Terribly. The guy's made of crystal. Point?

You are comparing Wilson to RG3, a player with a different running style. So i am comparing Luck to Sam Bradford. We can make up hypotheticals all day. Right now he is healthy and doesnt put himself in harms way when he runs. Anyone can tear an acl, so to say he is going to lose a step is absurd when talking about this contract. Its only 4 years. He will be 30 when the contract is up.

4 to 2

2-0. And no one is saying Eli is better than Brady. Just tougher. And a better team mate. And honest

2-0. And no one is saying Eli is better than Brady. Just tougher. And a better team mate. And honest

He says he "can't remember" why he weaseled his way out of playing for San Diego. A regular pillar of honesty and good teamatery right there all right. Grow a pair Eli. :thumbsup:

He says he "can't remember" why he weaseled his way out of playing for San Diego. A regular pillar of honesty and good teamatery right there all right. Grow a pair Eli. :thumbsup:

Don't know what you're talking about. I've heard him say why he didn't want to play for SD. He didn't like that organization. He told them not to draft him. This, after all, is America. He had every right not to play there.

Don't know what you're talking about. I've heard him say why he didn't want to play for SD. He didn't like that organization. He told them not to draft him. This, after all, is America. He had every right not to play there.

There is a draft system in place to help try and ensure parity and competitive balance. Eli is a whiny doosh who weaseled his way around that system. When asked why he said he "forgot". HTH.

There is a draft system in place to help try and ensure parity and competitive balance. Eli is a whiny doosh who weaseled his way around that system. When asked why he said he "forgot". HTH.

Googled that quote. I got nothing. Care to provide a link or am I going to have to rely on your obvious unbiased assertion? He told them not to draft him. Kids got Balls. And the Chargers were well compensated, so spare me the competitive balance talk son.

Googled that quote. I got nothing. Care to provide a link or am I going to have to rely on your obvious unbiased assertion? He told them not to draft him. Kids got Balls. And the Chargers were well compensated, so spare me the competitive balance talk son.

You must suck at google gramps. Second result on "Eli Manning forgot".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24337716/eli-manning-on-why-he-didnt-want-to-play-for-chargers-i-forgot-i-think

Whined his way around the system because Daddy told him to, then wouldn't even fess up after a decade. Lying poosy.

You must suck at google gramps. Second result on "Eli Manning forgot".

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24337716/eli-manning-on-why-he-didnt-want-to-play-for-chargers-i-forgot-i-think

Whined his way around the system because Daddy told him to, then wouldn't even fess up after a decade. Lying poosy.

What a tool you and that reporter are. He's f-Ing with him. Hes stated why he didn't go before, and he's obviously blowing it off because he's tired of answering it. You're stupid. Good grief man, are you a chargers fan?

What a tool you and that reporter are. He's f-Ing with him. Hes stated why he didn't go before, and he's obviously blowing it off because he's tired of answering it. You're stupid. Good grief man, are you a chargers fan?

That really hurts coming from a guy who can't operate the Google. :clap:

Not a Chargers fan, just calling a spade a spade, or a poosy a poosy, as the case may be. They asked him a simple question about why he circumvented the long-time draft process and he didn't want to answer "Daddy told me to." Yeah, big balls on that dude. :lol:

That really hurts coming from a guy who can't operate the Google. :clap:

Not a Chargers fan, just calling a spade a spade, or a poosy a poosy, as the case may be. They asked him a simple question about why he circumvented the long-time draft process and he didn't want to answer "Daddy told me to." Yeah, big balls on that dude. :lol:

May I ask what team you support?

May I ask what team you support?

You can ask whatever you want. I don't own the internets.

Can I get a link to where he said why he didn't want to play for SD?

Can I get a link to where he said why he didn't want to play for SD?

He said it in a interview on the NFL network for the draft show they do. Behind the draft or something. The 2004 one.

He said it in a interview on the NFL network for the draft show they do. Behind the draft or something. The 2004 one.

Huh. Strange that whole "can't remember" thing got so much play if he had put it all out there. A link would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

It was a douche move for Eli to do that but it was all his dads puppeteering. 2 Sb erases that kind of memory and no one cares anymore.

Huh. Strange that whole "can't remember" thing got so much play if he had put it all out there. A link would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

Sure. As soon as you answer my question, I'll fetch that for you.

Sure. As soon as you answer my question, I'll fetch that for you.

Nah, you challenged an assertion I made with another assertion. I backed mine up, which, for some reason, elicited personal insults from you. You back your's up and maybe we'll move on to your deflections. TIA.

I'm surprised at the reaction to this.

You need a QB you can win a super bowl with. If you don't have that it isn't happening.

Russell Wilson can win you a super bowl. We know that.

How many other QBs can you say that about? Less than ten, that's for sure.

When you get one you don't ever let him go.

Seahawks made me the right move.

Nah, you challenged an assertion I made with another assertion. I backed mine up, which, for some reason, elicited personal insults from you. You back your's up and maybe we'll move on to your deflections. TIA.

I asked first. My will can not be broken. I win. I'm sorry I called you names.

I'm surprised at the reaction to this.

You need a QB you can win a super bowl with. If you don't have that it isn't happening.

Russell Wilson can win you a super bowl. We know that.

How many other QBs can you say that about? Less than ten, that's for sure.

When you get one you don't ever let him go.

Seahawks made me the right move.

I tend to agree with this. Is Russell right now overpaid relative to where he stands among league-wide QBs? Yes. But the Hawks could not afford to let him walk and hand the reigns to a middling FA or rookie, and in a few seasons salary escalation will make this deal look a whole lot better than it does right now.

Also the people grading Brady on a curve: Who the hell does Wilson have to throw to? If you're going to dock the man because if his running game and D you should also credit him for throwing to a bunch of 3s and 4s at receiver.