Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Russell Wilson's new deal - wow.

I tend to agree with this. Is Russell right now overpaid relative to where he stands among league-wide QBs? Yes. But the Hawks could not afford to let him walk and hand the reigns to a middling FA or rookie, and in a few seasons salary escalation will make this deal look a whole lot better than it does right now.

Also the people grading Brady on a curve: Who the hell does Wilson have to throw to? If you're going to dock the man because if his running game and D you should also credit him for throwing to a bunch of 3s and 4s at receiver.

I've said it before, and I think it bears repeating as far as RW is concerned. After the Ravens won their first super bowl, their roster was one of the most talented in the NFL. Always a good running game, great defense and Hall of Famers on the roster. They went a long time between Super Bowls. Think about that when you think about RW. I would argue the Ravens had a better D than the Seahawks do.

He's taken the team to 2 sb, put up top 3 fantasy stats, compares favorably in his first 3 years to both Brady and Luck. He's no worse than the 5th best qb in the league right now. Fock all you guys, you don't know jack shiat about football. I'm done, you guys are focking stupid and blind. Enjoy watching the Hawks run a train on the nfc yet again. Game managers can make maybe 1 run if they are lucky, the great ones make deep runs year after year.

• Like 1

:lol:

What in the mother effing living Fock is so god damn funny? It shows that he can put up offensive numbers and not just dilfer his way to a 14-10 victory you focking Ahole. ITS RELEVANT! ITS FOCKING RELEVANT GOD DAMN IT! JEEZUS FRACKING BUNGHOLE!

I'm surprised at the reaction to this.

You need a QB you can win a super bowl with. If you don't have that it isn't happening.

Russell Wilson can win you a super bowl. We know that.

How many other QBs can you say that about? Less than ten, that's for sure.

When you get one you don't ever let him go.

Seahawks made me the right move.

Yes, yes, and yes. I to am surprised this thread is six pages. Should be six replies.

• Like 1

There are 8 QB'S that currently play in the NFL that have won a Super Bowl. 3 of them(Brady, Brees and Eli's brother) are near the end. Besides Luck, I don't see anyone who looks like a great QB coming up. Look at some of the guys who start now. Geno Smith, that red head in Cincy, whatever the hell is going on in Cleveland. The Seahawks had to pay up at some point. I think they made the right move.

• Like 1

What in the mother effing living Fock is so god damn funny? It shows that he can put up offensive numbers and not just dilfer his way to a 14-10 victory you focking Ahole. ITS RELEVANT! ITS FOCKING RELEVANT GOD DAMN IT! JEEZUS FRACKING BUNGHOLE!

I can't tell if your serious, sarcastic or just drunk. :cheers:

I could spend the next two days responding to everything in this thread. I won't. A couple of quick thoughts..

The cap will go up 30 to 40 million in the very near future. The cap impact of Wilson's contract is about 17 million per year. When you consider that Wilson's base salary this year is 1.5 million, the extension makes Wilson's 5 year salary an average of 17.8 million per year. Factoring in cap projections, Wilson will top out at taking up 13% of the cap. This is easily absorbed.

The team won't be able to resign the other star players? Too late. Nearly every starter on the defense is good for another 3 years. They are already locked up. Even Lynch and Graham will be around for at least two more. Bobby Wagner is the last guy they need to extend, which should happen within this month. After the Wilson extension, the 'Hawks still have more than 10 million available. Consider a multi year deal with 10 or so million per and a healthy signing bonus (love having Paul Allen as the owner), Wagner will slot in under the available cap easily. So, who are the Seahawks going to let walk away, Bruce Irvin? So what? This team is shaky at OL and WR, and that's about it; of course, this has been true the past 3 years as well. This team is ready to compete, intact, for the next 3 years.

The Wilson deal is pretty much market value, all things considered. It's being compared to the Cam Newton contract.

Ya know, it's OK to talk about this on the mange bored.

Kinda, wrong forearm ... But, is he not deserving? Could he not restructure it in the future, ala Manning and Brady to keep some stars around him?

- this kid will never even return to the super bowl, let alone win another one :nono:

Rodgers and Luck ,between the 2 of them, will bag the next 3 or 4 titles.

St. Russel and rahrah Petey are played out, Beast Mode will start slowing down ... and BOOM ...

end of the 'dynasty' :wave:

this kid is not capable of carrying a team all by his lonesome ... but, hey, he got paid :dunno:

Do you know how long NFL coaches have been looking for that black QB that can run but is ALSO smart and a good passer... Like what, 25 years now?

RW might be that guy.

- this kid will never even return to the super bowl, let alone win another one :nono:

Rodgers and Luck ,between the 2 of them, will bag the next 3 or 4 titles.

St. Russel and rahrah Petey are played out, Beast Mode will start slowing down ... and BOOM ...

end of the 'dynasty' :wave:

this kid is not capable of carrying a team all by his lonesome ... but, hey, he got paid :dunno:

Luck better start playing as efficient as Wilson if he wants to have success in the NFL. Arent the Colts one of the oldest teams in the league also? If Luck didnt have enough around him last year to get it done, he may not have enough this year either.

When you look at career qb ratings, Brady and Manning will always suffer compared to the younger qb's because qb ratings skyrocketed after manning and Brady's first few seasons. Rodgers has by far the best Td to int ratio in history but if for instance, you look at Brady's Td to int ratio in the years since Rodgers has become a starter, they are better than Rodgers. So Wilsons career qb rating SHOULD be a lot higher than some of the elite qb's.

The fact is Wilson is not an elite passer but he has not been asked to be one. The jury is still out on what would happen if he needed to carry a team like Luck has. Luck still makes bad decisions. Wilson does not. That is one of his strengths. Another strength is that he knows exactly when to run and when not to run. And he runs under control, not putting himself in a in a position to get injured ala Kapernick or Griffith.

This is only a 4 year deal so it's not going to ruin the team for a decade like Cutlers deal. I don't have a problem with it. It's high but with his age I think he deserves at least 18 to 19 million a year so it's not totally out of whack for a qb.

Seattle as a team is going to have to make some tough to decisions very soon. They now have the 2nd highest paid qb in the league, the second highest paid cb in the league, the highest paid safety in the league and the highest paid tight end in the league. They also have 3 key players who are very unhappy with their contracts in Bennett, Wagner and Chancelor. Kam Chancellor has not reported to camp because of his displeasure. The other two thought about not reporting. When you start paying certain positions top salaries then you can get into trouble.

The fact is Wilson is not an elite passer but he has not been asked to be one. The jury is still out on what would happen if he needed to carry a team like Luck has. Luck still makes bad decisions. Wilson does not. That is one of his strengths. Another strength is that he knows exactly when to run and when not to run. And he runs under control, not putting himself in a in a position to get injured ala Kapernick or Griffith.

Luck on the '14 Seahawks: 19-0, trouncing the Pats in the SB :thumbsup:

Wilson on the '14 Colts: 4-12, relegated to palookaville :thumbsdown:

HTH

:wave:

Luck better start playing as efficient as Wilson if he wants to have success in the NFL. Arent the Colts one of the oldest teams in the league also? If Luck didnt have enough around him last year to get it done, he may not have enough this year either.

If you read my mange bored posts,

I said, "The most pro ready QB in this draft is Nick Foles." and people said I was crazy. You compare his numbers against Luck's, same rookie class, not that different. Thing with Foles, seems to be the same theme over and over, he is not SUPPOSED to be the starting QB, just turns out, he is smart and has a rocket arm. Always ends up winning the starting job, because he is a good QB. Still, way underared IMO. Was true in college, and the pros. Foles is a guy who reminds me a lot of Elway, just a natural at zipping that pass like it was on a line. Coaches can't keep him off the field because he is their best option.

It's not too late, Foles may have a better career than Luck. But that is not what I said. I did not say that Foles was a better QB than Luck, I said he was more "pro-ready" as a rookie.

Way, way undervalued tho. I predict, Nick Foles continues to surprise people.

If you read my mange bored posts,

I said, "The most pro ready QB in this draft is Nick Foles." and people said I was crazy. You compare his numbers against Luck's, same rookie class, not that different. Thing with Foles, seems to be the same theme over and over, he is not SUPPOSED to be the starting QB, just turns out, he is smart and has a rocket arm. Always ends up winning the starting job, because he is a good QB. Still, way underared IMO. Was true in college, and the pros. Foles is a guy who reminds me a lot of Elway, just a natural at zipping that pass like it was on a line. Coaches can't keep him off the field because he is their best option.

It's not too late, Foles may have a better career than Luck. But that is not what I said. I did not say that Foles was a better QB than Luck, I said he was more "pro-ready" as a rookie.

Way, way undervalued tho. I predict, Nick Foles continues to surprise people.

You are preaching to the choir. I love Foles and hope he is allowed to chuck it around with the Rams. I do worry a little about his O line.

I watched him win the job in college at Arizona. They had this mixed race kid, was supposed to be the starter, but Foles just flat out performed. Gronk went down his senior year, he had nobody. He had Javon Criner, made him look good. Thst kid should be thanking Foles forever that he made it intomthe NFL.

That's what I have always loved about the kid. He is like oh, you think someone else should be the starter, you think we can't put up numbers... check this out." And he just rips apart defenses with laser passes and amazing downfield vision, and then coaches start to say, "Our best chance to win, is with Foles." and he becomes the starter. He is too good to keep down. Story of his entire career.

I will bump the thread in the mange bored where I said Foles was "the most pro-ready" QB as a rookie, if you want. Same class as Luck. Bold statement.

Luck on the '14 Seahawks: 19-0, trouncing the Pats in the SB :thumbsup:

Wilson on the '14 Colts: 4-12, relegated to palookaville :thumbsdown:

HTH

:wave:

Slight exaggeration, but your point is dead on. Every team in the league, including Seattle, would MUCH rather have Luck than Wilson. He's just a much more talented player., Wilson is very good at doing what he's asked to do, which is essentially throw 17 times a game, don 't turn it over, and try to score 17-20 points for the win.

I will bump the thread in the mange bored where I said Foles was "the most pro-ready" QB as a rookie, if you want. Same class as Luck. Bold statement.

No need. I was saying similar things.

Someone, I can't remember who, also said he had watched every college game Foles played in and was not impressed ... and I just could not understand that at all.

Why would you bump a thread you were wrong in. Luck was more pro ready. He took the worst team in the league the previous season to an 11-5 record. Foles was 1-5 as a qb his rookie year.

Foles was great in 2013. After coaches had some film on him, he took a huge step backwards last year. Forced throws. Indecision.

Very curious to see which is the real Nick Foles.

Yes, yes, and yes. I to am surprised this thread is six pages. Should be six replies.

Well part of that is back and forth with someone trying to argue that Eli Manning is tough and not a gaping vaginer.

Well part of that is back and forth with someone trying to argue that Eli Manning is tough and not a gaping vaginer.

You can't quit me. Also, he didn't need his toughness when he rolled in to Lambeau twice and beat two HOF QB'S in their own house. Pack soft.

"He is no Peyton Manning." ppl would say about Foles. True ... he is a lot more like John Elway.

No....just no. If he were anything at all like Elway, he wouldn't have been traded for Sam Bradford.

Stud QBs don't get traded.

You are preaching to the choir. I love Foles and hope he is allowed to chuck it around with the Rams. I do worry a little about his O line.

Id rather bumb my epic debate last year with FBN where I bet Flacco and Eli would both outscore and outplay Foles last year. I was laughed at and ridiculed for thinking a 2 time SB champ with a history of big seasons and a recent SB champ could outscore an overrated bum. Its a pity he had to get hurt after sucking and basically winning my bet going away like I said he would.

I know this will anger the Foles followers and ill reserve judgment for him on the rams (im being nice, he will suck.). *EDIT* Jesus Christ Elway comparisons im reading now? Oh my soul.

Id rather bumb my epic debate last year with FBN where I bet Flacco and Eli would both outscore and outplay Foles last year. I was laughed at and ridiculed for thinking a 2 time SB champ with a history of big seasons and a recent SB champ could outscore an overrated bum. Its a pity he had to get hurt after sucking and basically winning my bet going away like I said he would.

I know this will anger the Foles followers and ill reserve judgment for him on the rams (im being nice, he will suck.). *EDIT* Jesus Christ Elway comparisons im reading now? Oh my soul.

He got hurt. Its impossible to tell who would have scored more in a full season last year. He didnt start off as well as i thought he would. I am hoping he can prove me right this year, though the offensive system and overall talent on offense isnt nearly as good.

He got hurt. Its impossible to tell who would have scored more in a full season last year. He didnt start off as well as i thought he would. I am hoping he can prove me right this year, though the offensive system and overall talent on offense isnt nearly as good.

Quick was on a serious tear last year tho and hopefully can help him out a bit. the run game is solidified now too. Maybe they are an olineman away.

Quick was on a serious tear last year tho and hopefully can help him out a bit. the run game is solidified now too. Maybe they are an olineman away.

He was on a tear the first few games. Then he absolutely disappeared. The Rams had some of the worst qb play i have seen so its hard to judge anything from last year. I did trade for Quick in one league hoping Foles could turn him into a consistent receiver.

I got $50 on Wilson having 30 passing TDs this season. Anyone game?

I think he will too. Along with 4-6 rushing. He'll be a top 5 FF QB. :banana:

If Eli's family didn't have the means to afford their son the option of circumventing the draft process, he would have had to do what 99% of all players have to do and play for sh!tty teams no one wants to play for. The Mannings cheated the system. You think Reggie Bush wanted to be a Saints player after Katrina? He didn't have the choice like Eli did. It was a doosh move on Eli's part. The Mannings are the first family of New Orleans. They are loved here. And I don't know one person who doesn't think Eli and Archie fawked up on the sh!t they pulled.

Russell Wilson is a badass. He's escaped more sacks and turned them into big plays than anyone I've ever seen, and I watched about every game Elway played.

In 4 years, Wilson will be one of the lowest paid starting qbs. Good contract for both sides.

Russell Wilson is a badass. He's escaped more sacks and turned them into big plays than anyone I've ever seen, and I watched about every game Elway played.

In 6 years, Wilson will be one of the lowest paid starting qbs. Good contract for both sides.

He signed a 4 year deal...how do you know where he will be in 6 years?