Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Has anyone ever had a team in their league go undefeated?

I have never seen it yet in any leagues I have been in. My friends and I have been in the same league since 1996. 4 Player keeper league. We started with 16 teams at fist, then went to 14 teams for a few years and then finally down to the standard 12 teams.

In 19 years we had one team go 12-1 and then went on to win the superbowl to finish 14-1. But no undefeated teams. I am curious to hear your stories. How many teams in your league? What was the best record for a season?

I joined a new league last season and went undefeated. 10-team league and it was pretty crazy to have a team that never had a bad week or never ran into a team that just exploded. The scoring in this league is super high and the QBs get insane points...apparently the rest of the league didn't realize the implications of the scoring rules and let Manning (the top QB going into last season) drop to me at pick 9. My first 5 picks all paid off big with Manning, Murray, A Brown, L Bell, and Gronk. TY Hilton in the 7th and Benjamin in the 13th and there was my starting lineup. Sadly this wasn't a money league...but that may also be why I ended up with such a good team.

• Like 1

undefeated and a loss in the superbowl was closest someone got, ironicly same year as the Pats

undefeated and a loss in the superbowl was closest someone got, ironicly same year as the Pats

ha

thats crazy

I actually played in a tiny 6 team yahoo league the same year the Pats almost went undefeated. I ran the table and won the whole thing. The last game of regular season I was losing and then won on a yahoo stat correction. But I dont count yahoo leagues as serious competitive leagues thats why I didnt originally bring it up.

• Like 1

I joined a new league last season and went undefeated. 10-team league and it was pretty crazy to have a team that never had a bad week or never ran into a team that just exploded. The scoring in this league is super high and the QBs get insane points...apparently the rest of the league didn't realize the implications of the scoring rules and let Manning (the top QB going into last season) drop to me at pick 9. My first 5 picks all paid off big with Manning, Murray, A Brown, L Bell, and Gronk. TY Hilton in the 7th and Benjamin in the 13th and there was my starting lineup. Sadly this wasn't a money league...but that may also be why I ended up with such a good team.

nice

I have never seen it yet in any leagues I have been in. My friends and I have been in the same league since 1996. 4 Player keeper league. We started with 16 teams at fist, then went to 14 teams for a few years and then finally down to the standard 12 teams.

In 19 years we had one team go 12-1 and then went on to win the superbowl to finish 14-1. But no undefeated teams. I am curious to hear your stories. How many teams in your league? What was the best record for a season?

I went on to a 12-1 record one year, and won the superbowl.

the game I lost, was a bye week and I lost by 2 points.

It was a monster team. LT, Priest, and McNabb were the keepers back when all 3 were fantasy beasts.

Never seen it in any 12-or-more team competitive leagues.

I managed a 15-1 record in a tough 12-teamer, winning the SB. I never expect to come anywhere near that again......the stars were literally aligned.

Never seen it in any 12-or-more team competitive leagues.

I managed a 15-1 record in a tough 12-teamer, winning the SB. I never expect to come anywhere near that again......the stars were literally aligned.

Yeah 12 or more good competitive leagues will be tough to find a team that has done it. Like I said our 19 year league only had one 15-1 SB winner

Rolled to the championship game at 15-0 last year. Lost in the big game because Luck was pulled at halftime against the Cowboys. He can DIAF.

Rolled to the championship game at 15-0 last year. Lost in the big game because Luck was pulled at halftime against the Cowboys. He can DIAF.

Yeah, Luck sunk a lot of ships that week.

Nope never had a team go undefeated in any league I have even been in.

Made it to the SB one year as heavy favorite with 100% win record. My guys just didn't turn up. Worst loss I ever had, but the dude who beat me was a friend and a great competitor.

No. BUT I did win a low $ Internet League, once w/ a 13-1 record (and both Playoff games/Championship) finishing 15-1. The game I lost was by 1.5 points. I mixed it up that year by picking WR w/ 1st 3 picks. T.O. still in SF at the time, Torrey Holt and Mushin Muhammad. I remember having Favre and Curtis Martin and Sea Alexander and Bal Def. Surprised I remember all that.

I've been playing since 1993 & I've only seen it once out of all those years & leagues.

The closest I've come was 1998 when I drafted Terrell Davis early & then took a gamble around the 6th(?) round on a guy named Jamal Anderson.

Those guys went back & forth all year leading the league in yards & tds. Fun year! I lost 2 games.

Wow I figured it was extremely rare but I figured we would have a few on here that did it. Goes to show you its as hard as it is in real football to go undefeated I guess. :cheers:

Only once, in '98 or '99 and I pulled it off myself.

Dynasty league had one in 2011. He also slaughtered the record for most points in a season (1700 vs 1500).

Starting lineup was:

Rodgers

MJD

McCoy

Ryan Mathews

Megatron

Percy Harvin

Gronk

Jason Hanson

Bears D

With Reggie Bush and Mike Wallace the top backups.

None in any of mine. Probably 108 teams in 9 years in one league. 66 teams in 4 years in another. 28 teams in 2 years in another. 20 teams in 2 years in another. 28 teams in 2 years in another. I'm sure there are some other leagues I'm not thinking of, but that is about 250 teams never going undefeated. Not that many, but puts things in perspective when you think of everyone on this board.

One of my leagues this year I picked Murray in the first round. On of the girls in my league was confused and dropped Bell on waivers right after the draft. I was able to claim him off waivers. Got Brady and Abdullah as well. Should be pretty unstoppable.

2 years ago in my mega roster league (2 QB 5 WR 3 RB 2 TE Flex 2 DST 2 K) I lost in Week 1 then went undefeated thereafter.

I had about 4 late round guys that boomed - Alshon, Keenan Allen Josh Gordon Knowshon Moreno. I even had Bell on bench for first 5 games when he was injured before he even got a start. Peyton and Wilson were QBs. and of course Manning had that record year.

In 2002, I rode Priest Holmes to a 14-0 regular season record in my 10 team league. I won my playoff game, then lost in the SB to finish 15-1. All season long I had been telling my wife how great my team was, and that I'd finally be winning the big prize. When I told her I lost the Super Bowl, she just looked at me and said "You suck", then walked away.

Went three seasons in a row of 10-3, 10-3, and 11-2. First 10-3 I lost in the post season, the second two I went all the way, so 13-3 and 14-2.

Keeper league. This was was back in the day when my keepers were the likes of LT, Priest, Culpepper, and Moss. God, I loved that team.

But no, I've never seen undefeated. Check that...I've maybe seen it in a funky all-IDP league I run. I think maybe once. Ooops, nope. Just went back through, one guy went undefeated in that league two years running, 03 and 04. He was a good player. I've lost his contact info since then...Belichickens, where are you?

Never seen an undefeated team, but I've seen a team go win-less. And it wasn't like he gave up or anything, just kept losing close match ups. What made it especially funny was it was the Commish, and he dominated the prior year. First to worst.

• Like 1

Had a guy in my main money league lose one game and never made a WW move all season. Greatest ff season I ever witnessed. Pure luck.

Never seen an undefeated team, but I've seen a team go win-less. And it wasn't like he gave up or anything, just kept losing close match ups. What made it especially funny was it was the Commish, and he dominated the prior year. First to worst.

:lol: thats funny. I dont know if we had a team go win-less. I will have to go back and look. Good question. :cheers: