Sign in to follow this  
mattonium

CJ Anderson - Time to declare bust?

Is it time to consider CJ a bust? 3 really bad games. Nothing I've seen suggests he will turn it around, but Hillman is far from good and there's no one else on that team.

Definitely thinking of sitting him for Lance Dunbar this week. Yes LANCE DUNBAR.

Thoughts?

I benched him on league, started him in another and regretted it on his first carry.

I thought the switch to the shotgun would help. It didn't.

I may take a running shot at trading for him and trading him away. I will try to trade him for the likes of Al Robinson first or maybe some other young WR with upside and see how that goes first.

I'd love to trade him too but can't imagine a scenario where someone would want him. Just gonna keep him for now and hope he turns it around. I was pretty down on Lacy for the first few games last year too.

M

yes, bust.

but you can't drop your first round pick after 3 games. you can try to trade him...maybe swap with Murray owner?

My first 2 picks - CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill!

Both look like they relaxed too much in the offseason.

"Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said the offense needs C.J. Anderson to make it through a game healthy.

"We have to keep C.J. on the field. C.J. has been coming off the field the past three games because he's been nicked up," Kubiak said. "Things are going on, and we need to keep him on the field consistently." Anderson has missed time in the first three games with ankle, toe and head injuries. He has managed to play through all three ailments, but he and the rest of the Broncos running attack has struggled. The positive to take away from these comments is it sounds like Anderson is still the lead back over Ronnie Hillman. Anderson will be a low-end RB2 against the Vikings this week."
Strange how poorly he has played but Kubiak insist on going to him.

"Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said the offense needs C.J. Anderson to make it through a game healthy.

"We have to keep C.J. on the field. C.J. has been coming off the field the past three games because he's been nicked up," Kubiak said. "Things are going on, and we need to keep him on the field consistently." Anderson has missed time in the first three games with ankle, toe and head injuries. He has managed to play through all three ailments, but he and the rest of the Broncos running attack has struggled. The positive to take away from these comments is it sounds like Anderson is still the lead back over Ronnie Hillman. Anderson will be a low-end RB2 against the Vikings this week."

Strange how poorly he has played but Kubiak insist on going to him.

Because the other running backs have torn it up and are running wild?

Definitely a bust for a a first rounder. Might end up as a low end RB2 once the season is over, but he's going to the bench in the 2 leagues I have him,

Cutting him this Friday. No RB is doing anything in Denver. Time to cut losses. There's no point in having a timeshare RB on a bad running team with a poor offensive line.

He is still the best option they have. The Ronnie Hillman hype is just that.....hype.

Even if you're right, you want a RB who will get 60% of the carries in a throw-first offense with a bad offensive line? Ordinarily Denver is a great place to gamble on a RB, but there's nothing there this year.

This is the Trent Richardson rule.

Owners will do anything to get rid of a bust without cutting him. They just want to think they got something. If you want a player ask for CJA in addition plus whatever you think fair, and see what happens.

A bust? As a first round pick, yes. Stuff happens. A drop? For what? Some waiver wire wonder? Right now, he needs to be seen as a stash, not a drop. He's dropping out of the starting lineup, but he's taking a wait-and-see seat on the bench rather than the wire. For now. But if you want to freak out and drop the guy, go ahead. Just don't expect him to be around if he changes your mind.

A bust? As a first round pick, yes. Stuff happens. A drop? For what? Some waiver wire wonder?

Yep. I'm paying Anderson $62 of a $250 cap. If I want him I can pick him back up for $5 next week.

Yes he is a bust but I will keep him for another week or 2 to see if he comes along. I am in a PPR league and I am benching Anderson for Dunbar on my flex for week 4!

No question he is a bust based on his draft value .

Okay; so did anyone cut his sorry a$$ yet? I'm about to.....I have Hillman and can't carry both of them.

You wont cut him. You will keep saying "just 1 more game." and you know what, he will score one of these games and get you a nice 12 points on 60yds and a td. You will then continue to start him next week when he gives you a nice little 3. Then you will say "oh well CJ is back so that was just game flow" and start him again the next week where he will kill you again. Then the week after you will bench him and say "never again." But then he will have 80yds and the following week the analysts will say he has a great matchup and make sure you start him, wich you will, and he will get you 2 points.

• Like 2

You wont cut him. You will keep saying "just 1 more game." and you know what, he will score one of these games and get you a nice 12 points on 60yds and a td. You will then continue to start him next week when he gives you a nice little 3. Then you will say "oh well CJ is back so that was just game flow" and start him again the next week where he will kill you again. Then the week after you will bench him and say "never again." But then he will have 80yds and the following week the analysts will say he has a great matchup and make sure you start him, wich you will, and he will get you 2 points.

:mad:

:wall:

:cry:

I know you're right...........

:mad:

:wall:

I know you're right...........

He's wrong. I'm starting him this week and he's gonna go off!!!!!

I have to start him this week to cover Jonathan Stewart's bye. My season isn't going so well.

:first:

Tell me I did not absolutely nail this prediction. Had a good game on cue and ill bet you guys started him yesterday and got 3 points.

Tell me I did not absolutely nail this prediction. Had a good game on cue and ill bet you guys started him yesterday and got 3 points.

over Blount... :patshimselfonback:

You did . When Luck out rushes both Broncos rbs in the same game , that should show anyone that the Broncos just can't run the ball .

You did . When Luck out rushes both Broncos rbs in the same game , that should so anyone that the Broncos just can't run the ball .

The Broncos have running backs? I know they have those couple of short, stocky wideouts they sometimes lineup in the backfield, throw to on swing routes and screens. Who are these 'runners' you're talking about?

He was a bust 4 weeks ago.

This is just cementing his legacy as a potential Bust of the year candidate, but I think that is going to to go Manning himself.

:first: Exaclty cut that mofo now and put someone productive in. He's going to be like this all year.

The Broncos have running backs? I know they have those couple of short, stocky wideouts they sometimes lineup in the backfield, throw to on swing routes and screens. Who are these 'runners' you're talking about?

I think you just hit a three pointer .

A bust? As a first round pick, yes. Stuff happens. A drop? For what? Some waiver wire wonder? Right now, he needs to be seen as a stash, not a drop. He's dropping out of the starting lineup, but he's taking a wait-and-see seat on the bench rather than the wire. For now. But if you want to freak out and drop the guy, go ahead. Just don't expect him to be around if he changes your mind.

There were many opportunities to drop CJA for somethng on the WW, and I'm assuming if someone drafted CJA, their team was probably struggling. People are just hanging on to this guy hoping for something to happen because they drafted him early. Why is it on a late round draft pick, nobody has any problem dumping them after 2-3 bad weeks, but with CJA you will have people hang onto him the whole damn season.

Chandrick West - now a viable starting RB.

D. McFadden - Not spectacular but definitely an every week start now.

D. Williams - need I say more?

K. Williams - it was only a matter of time until McCoy got hurt, now he can take over.

Now is probably too late, unless someone else gets hurt and the CJA owner has waiver priority.

There were many opportunities to drop CJA for somethng on the WW, and I'm assuming if someone drafted CJA, their team was probably struggling. People are just hanging on to this guy hoping for something to happen because they drafted him early. Why is it on a late round draft pick, nobody has any problem dumping them after 2-3 bad weeks, but with CJA you will have people hang onto him the whole damn season.

Chandrick West - now a viable starting RB.

D. McFadden - Not spectacular but definitely an every week start now.

D. Williams - need I say more?

K. Williams - it was only a matter of time until McCoy got hurt, now he can take over.

Now is probably too late, unless someone else gets hurt and the CJA owner has waiver priority.

If Hillman goes down he becomes viable. Really viable.

If Hillman goes down he becomes viable. Really viable.

Eh, sort of. The run game in general is a piece of crap most weeks. I guess he would be a boom/bust flex.