Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Things I was wrong about this year...

It's early and things can still turn around, but thus far I was definitely wrong about the following:

- Any of the Eagles I was high on (Bradford, Murray, Matthews and Agholor...all of them...Chip ain't so smart now)

- Brandin Cooks (the Saints look done)

- Brian Quick (technically it's a TBD, but the start doesn't bode well)

- Jeremy Hill (man, I was all in)

- Charles Johnson (conservative play calling and the presence of ADP is killing it)

- Doug Martin (I was looking for a rebound year)

- Devante Adams (after the Jordy Nelson injury)

- Larry Fitzgerald (avoided him in every draft because I thought he was done)

I was wrong about Gary Kubiak. It doesn't matter how great the running scheme is, he can't coach up a talentless line. That o line is an absolute disgrace. Barry Sanders would struggle behind that line. I've watched every snap and it's painfully bad.

Yes, its early. But man, season's too short to be patient.

I got Larry F in the 9th round(!) and he is a swell replacement for my third round Cooks.

Everything. Literally......every single thing.

I hate you Fantasy Football. Fantasy Football if you were a dude laying on the ground and on fire, i would risk third degree burns to my foot just so i could kick you repeatedly in the balls.

Everything. Literally......every single thing.

I hate you Fantasy Football. Fantasy Football if you were a dude laying on the ground and on fire, i would risk third degree burns to my foot just so i could kick you repeatedly in the balls.

You had a bad year last year too didnt you? Last year was abysmal for me, and so was the year before. This year is making up for it so far... although losing Jordy and Dez in one dynasty league had me cursing the ffball gods.

Jeremy Hill = Took him at 7th in a 14 team PPR even though I was big on Julio. I was also big on AJ Green but I try to draft players from different teams so since I drafted Hill I passed at 23 and took T.Y. Hilton.

Charles Johnson = being dropped tonight during the waiver wire process.

John Brown = I bought into all of the analysts talking him up. My gut feeling was that Fitz would still be Palmer's main target and yet I took this guy who is essentially a bye week fill in candidate.

Dolphins D = I wasn't as sold on them as many seemed to be but still I didn't think they would be this bad.

DeVante Adams. It made so much sense.

He led the team in targets week 1, Rodgers just wanted to get Jones some points. More than anything, I'm convinced WR production in Green Bay is driven solely by Aaron Rodgers. Not unlike Manning used to be in Denver.

Adams tweaked an ankle last week. He's hardly the first to get hurt this season. And Rodgers actually went to him with his first two targets last night before the kid hurt the ankle worse.

I'm concerned about the injury, as I am the catch-to-target ratio that Adams sports. But I'm not concerned with his place in the Packer offense. He's going to win some people some games this year.

Miami players all around and D

Hill

Bradford

Adams

I don't have all these guys but all I was high on

Luck being the equal of Rodgers as part of the elite two, way above the rest. No O-Line has killed that...so far.

McCoy, Ingram, Stewart, Forsett, L Miller being more than they have been. Each has a great opportunity and has, so far, squandered it.

D Thomas being better than Julio.

Julio not being better than everyone.

It's early and things can still turn around, but thus far I was definitely wrong about the following:

- Any of the Eagles I was high on (Bradford, Murray, Matthews and Agholor...all of them...Chip ain't so smart now)

- Brandin Cooks (the Saints look done)

- Brian Quick (technically it's a TBD, but the start doesn't bode well)

- Jeremy Hill (man, I was all in)

- Charles Johnson (conservative play calling and the presence of ADP is killing it)

- Doug Martin (I was looking for a rebound year)

- Devante Adams (after the Jordy Nelson injury)

- Larry Fitzgerald (avoided him in every draft because I thought he was done)

I also thought Doug martin would rebound. He may still do so. but I thought the offense would be substantially better, and that Martin would be one of the primary beneficiaries.

I was actually down on the Eagles. I knew with a rebuilt line and with half the players on the offense being new to Philly I figured they'd start slow. They may turn it around yet, but that line still doesnt look good, and I think this may be the largest factor in whether they are successful or not.

Fitz I was all in on, and so far I've felt pretty good about it.

I so far was wrong on Luck. I thought hed be just as good as last year, but that clearly is not the case.

I was wrong about the Denver line. I knew they were subpar last year, but I thought Kubiak would make a difference like he did in Baltimore. Never have I been so wrong (so far)

Luck being the equal of Rodgers as part of the elite two, way above the rest. No O-Line has killed that...so far.

McCoy, Ingram, Stewart, Forsett, L Miller being more than they have been. Each has a great opportunity and has, so far, squandered it.

D Thomas being better than Julio.

Julio not being better than everyone.

Ummmm....Ingram has squandered exactly what? In PPR leagues he's a top-7 RB.

0-3 in a 12-teamer.

Prior to the season getting Lamar Miller, Andre Ellington, and Chris Ivory in rounds 3-7 seemed like a solid RB core. Nobody says that sh*t anymore. :mad:

Didn't see Fitzy had him last year thinking he would be all that. So I laughed out loud when he was chosen this year. Look who is laughing now.

CJA I thought Kubiak made Forsett a stud, why not CJA? I mean the Ravens had a horrible rushing season before Kubiak. Fk Denvers OLINE!!

Cooks,Lamar Miller, Agholor,Martin,Fittz

Pretty similar to others picks

I also had Cruz on the same list as Fitz, let's see how that one turns out when he's healthy.

Ummmm....Ingram has squandered exactly what? In PPR leagues he's a top-7 RB.

Thank you for contributing so strongly to the thread by taking ONE word out of a post and commenting about that and adding nothing else. Solid work.

As for Ingram, I consider the 39-127-3.25-2 rushing effort across 3 games to be less than expected considering the departure of Graham, Stills, et al and the declaration that the team would be more run-based. Other RBs have gotten too much work for Ingram to not be a disappointment so far. As far as the PPR, do YOU think that would have happened with Spiller out and is sustainable with his return? I don't and if he's going share rush attempts with KRob, squandered opportunity.

But hey, thanks! Appreciate the call out.

I really dont get the Cooks thing. Part of it was Brees getting hurt. There is no way there is a talent issue with him imo. I think the entire Saints organization has really fvcked this team to the bottom of the division. That is why i am nervous about Ryan Pace as the Bears GM. Everyone was so excited he came from the Saints. The Saints havent been good in a while and have horrible player scouting.

I've lost to the two worst rosters in our league. I have better players and didn't play them because of injuries that turned out to be nothing. FF can be so aggravating at times.

You had a bad year last year too didnt you?

Im never as bad as i say i am, and never as good as i think i am. In my main redraft league i made the playoffs as the second seed last year. Lost in the first round, but that happens. This year i may be in for a long season. I still feel like i drafted pretty well, but ive made some terrible decisions on who to start.

In week1 i started Maclin over Stevie J, but scratched out a win so i was ok.

In week 2 i started J Hill and Bradford with Newton and Randle and Crowell (and Matt Jones!) on my bench. Lost by 15 pts

In week 3, i started Stevie J, J Hill, and J Matthews with Maclin, Randle and Dunbar on my bench. Lost by 30 pts

More things wrong:

-Forsett - didn't think he was THIS much of a one-year wonder.

-Lamar Miller - WTF is wrong with the 'Fins?

Much shorter list of things I was right about:

-Matt Ryan (figured Falcons bad D was going to turn him into more than he has been)

-Julio Jones (had him and Antonio Brown pegged for run away #1/2 WR's)

-Ben Roethlisberger (stupid injury- 6000 yrds and 50 TD's before getting hurt)

-Antonio Brown (Mr. Automatic)

-Martavis Bryant (TBD...Randy Moss like talent, Justin Blackmon like head)

-Chris Ivory (injury prone, but the best value at RB late in the draft)

-Arizona Cardinals DST (holysh!t)

-Tyler Eifert (2/3 correct anyway...)

-Gronk in the 1st round (never taken or even thought of a TE in the 1st but what a luxury)

-Steve Smith Sr. (The farewell EFF-YOU tour of Mighty Mouse continues!)

More things wrong:

-Forsett - didn't think he was THIS much of a one-year wonder.

-Lamar Miller - WTF is wrong with the 'Fins?

Much shorter list of things I was right about:

-Matt Ryan (figured Falcons bad D was going to turn him into more than he has been)

-Julio Jones (had him and Antonio Brown pegged for run away #1/2 WR's)

-Ben Roethlisberger (stupid injury- 6000 yrds and 50 TD's before getting hurt)

-Antonio Brown (Mr. Automatic)

-Martavis Bryant (TBD...Randy Moss like talent, Justin Blackmon like head)

-Chris Ivory (injury prone, but the best value at RB late in the draft)

-Arizona Cardinals DST (holysh!t)

-Tyler Eifert (2/3 correct anyway...)

-Gronk in the 1st round (never taken or even thought of a TE in the 1st but what a luxury)

-Steve Smith Sr. (The farewell EFF-YOU tour of Mighty Mouse continues!)

The Dolphins and Browns have the 2 worst coaches in the NFL. These guys are both dumber than a stick!

Thank you for contributing so strongly to the thread by taking ONE word out of a post and commenting about that and adding nothing else. Solid work.

As for Ingram, I consider the 39-127-3.25-2 rushing effort across 3 games to be less than expected considering the departure of Graham, Stills, et al and the declaration that the team would be more run-based. Other RBs have gotten too much work for Ingram to not be a disappointment so far. As far as the PPR, do YOU think that would have happened with Spiller out and is sustainable with his return? I don't and if he's going share rush attempts with KRob, squandered opportunity.

But hey, thanks! Appreciate the call out.

So you go all internet sarcastic over someone pointing out something they thought was wrong in your post? Are you under the impression that every reply is going to methodically work its way through your every word? Or is it that everyone must agree with you?

Solid work.

Dropping Karlos Williams instead of Sankey because I bought into the way Sankey looked Week 1. I'm a McCoy owner and cried a little today when K Will went first in the WW today.

Dropping Karlos Williams instead of Sankey because I bought into the way Sankey looked Week 1. I'm a McCoy owner and cried a little today when K Will went first in the WW today.

Man, I hung onto Sankey all of last year...I have no idea why now. I think, honestly, he's smiling so nicely in his official picture, I thought..."gotta give him another chance". :/

Mason, I thought he would take control of the job but instead just sucks like that whole team. Luck...like everyone else.

Buying into the preseason consensus that a Kubiak-run offense would mean less looks for Emmanuel Sanders

Tea leaf reading of preseason blurbs led me to believe that Stevie Johnson would be Rivers' preferred target over Keenan Allen

Not-targeting Palmer late in the draft, despite his in-game consistency from 2014, because his 2015 schedule looked tough past week 2.

Thinking that early season lightning couldn't strike twice with Steve Smith

That Eddie Royal would be an early season target hog while Alshon Jeffery was gimpy and Kevin White was sidelined

That the schedule was set for the Miami D to run the table through the first 7 weeks of the season

Tea leaf reading of preseason blurbs led me to believe that Stevie Johnson would be Rivers' preferred target over Keenan Allen

Not that Keenan won't continue to be preferred, but I think his numbers are inflated right now. I just don't see 17 and 18 targets per game continuing for the rest of the season. Gates will be back, the running game will settle in. Keenan will perform well, but I think he's slightly overperforming at the mo.

If you're a Gordon owner and waiting for him to break out, then you have reason for optimism. The Browns are coming to town. I see 115+ and 2 TD's for him this week.

If you're a Gordon owner and waiting for him to break out, then you have reason for optimism. The Browns are coming to town. I see 115+ and 2 TD's for him this week.

If he does break out, can I start calling him The Commissioner?

• Like 1

So you go all internet sarcastic over someone pointing out something they thought was wrong in your post? Are you under the impression that every reply is going to methodically work its way through your every word? Or is it that everyone must agree with you?

Solid work.

Thanks!!

I look forward to your 478 post.

If he does break out, can I start calling him The Commissioner?

Zero Tolerance (avatar) is one poster who would second this motion with a hearty... "Hear, Hear !!!"

Forsett I have him on 7 of my 9 teams and he is a bust .

Way too early. Things will change so dramatically that this will be one of those threads to look back on and laugh at. And no, I don't mean laugh at the original poster, I just mean that there will be players listed in here as busts that will be beasts be year end and vice versa.

Thanks!!

I look forward to your 478 post.

So your only response to people who don't agree with you is to be a d!ck. Even when the first guy wasn't even being a jerk to you, just disagreeing. Got it. You would have thought in 3,891 posts, you'd have figured out how all this works now. And here's me, 478 into it and already way beyond you. It's almost as if post count doesn't at all determine the content of what someone is posting. At least, that's how it is for adults. 3,892 tantrums are still just tantrums.

Good luck with life there, bub.

Way too early. Things will change so dramatically that this will be one of those threads to look back on and laugh at. And no, I don't mean laugh at the original poster, I just mean that there will be players listed in here as busts that will be beasts be year end and vice versa.

The part that sucks is all it takes are 4 bad weeks for a player to ruin an entire season for the owner. Lacy helped ruin a lot of teams early last year.

The part that sucks is all it takes are 4 bad weeks for a player to ruin an entire season for the owner. Lacy helped ruin a lot of teams early last year.

That's a good point. I always tell myself to start each season not to make any rash moves until after 3 weeks--give things time to settle, don't be the guy who cuts your high draft pick before he gets his legs back underneath him and explodes. But that can turn into 1-3, 0-4, if it was a high enough pick. And 0-4 makes the playoffs a tough task.

The 'sunk costs' phenomenon is also a threat. "I've waited four weeks for him, I'm committed. I'll give it another two weeks."

One thing i got right:(so far)

I picked up Tyrod Taylor in all 4 of my Dynasty Leagues. Got him for 1) free , just a simple drop/add, 2) at the cost of a 4th round rookie pick . 3) paid $20 out of an offseason FAAB of $200. and 4) paid $1 out of a season long $200 FAAB in a 2 QB league!