Sign in to follow this  
xxxdog

Stefon Diggs....the real deal

The waiver wire week 7 will headline Stefon Diggs.......The hype on draft day featured several WR's ahead of this kid, but if you had watched him in action the last 2-weeks vs a stellar Bronco's secondary and shredding the KC D-Backs you see a explosive talent running sharp percise routes and outstanding hands , Cooper might have gone #1 but Diggs has similar abilities, if he is on waivers and you need a wideout do not hesitate in claiming him.....

• Like 2

Diggs was actually ahead of Cooper, Algholor etc. coming into college and if he went to a big time school and stayed healthy may have been the #1 wr taken in the draft.

He will battle Dion Lewis and a few others for waiver wire pickup of the year if he stays healthy and involved.

So is Minny suddenly going to change their offensive game plan ROS because of this kid, because everything I've been reading the past few weeks said stay away from their WRs with how much they tend to run the ball...?

So is Minny suddenly going to change their offensive game plan ROS because of this kid, because everything I've been reading the past few weeks said stay away from their WRs with how much they tend to run the ball...?

I wouldn't go in very high after just what we've seen. Someone in trouble may grab him, but I'd want to see more. Not from him, but from the coaches and the gameplan.

Is this like when Tyler Lockett was the next big thing?

Lockett, except for this week, has been pretty reliable for me in a return yardage league. He hasn't left my lineup, probably won't until Dez comes back.

NFC North is a high scoring division, then add the Falcons & Giants also on the Vikings remaining schedule,.. I'm counting 7 possible high scoring games, vs pass happy teams where Bridgewater & Diggs/Wallace will have a effect on the final score good or bad....After watching Diggs in preseason and the only 2-games he was active {Denver & KC } I'm convinced he was one of the best WRs in the 2015 draft, extremely talented & plays like a NFL Vet.

Love him picked him off waivers five minutes before the games started and therefore didn't cost me a cent. Plugged him in because I wasn't buying Jeffery as more than a decoy. I was wrong about that fortunately he wasn't too far from matching him. Seems like a positive down the field > 15 yards receiver. I needed someone because of Jeffery and Evans laying eggs.

He was a guy that always intrigued me in college. The talent was obvious, but he surprisingly fell to the 5th round in the draft. I'm assuming there were red flags which turned some teams away (injury concerns/off-field problems?). I liked that pick by the Vikings, and thought he had some sleeper potential, but I didn't think it would come to fruition this quickly.

As far has Charles Johnson is concerned, I don't know how they could justify playing him over Diggs at this point. CJ has proven next to nothing in the NFL, outside of a few decent games at the end of the 2014 season. He looks the part (size/speed combo), but has never produced much. Diggs has to be the guy going forward. CJ was one of my keepers in Dynasty, but I quickly cut bait and was able to pick up Diggs shortly before kickoff on Sunday.

I'm buying the hype and he's a value play in DFS as is C Mike. I'm not fully sold on them, but the cheap guys are getting harder and harder to find. Watson finally hit for me last week, and his price tag went up. :nono:

Diggs background story. He was rated the #2 WR out of high school behind DGB. He went to a small college to stay close to home because his father passed away and he wanted to be there for his younger brothers. He fell in the draft because of injury history. He does have potential to be an elite WR, I just don't know if MN will bring that out of him every week. He should have WR3 value going forward if MN use him properly.

• Like 1

He will battle Dion Lewis and a few others for waiver wire pickup of the year if he stays healthy and involved.

Unless you play in crazy 16+ team league he has NO chance of being the waiver wire pickup of the year. He plays in a run first offense with a QB who has only thrown 3 TD's so far, with none to Diggs. He might not even be in the lineup once the other WR's on his team are fully healthy.

Diggs background story. He was rated the #2 WR out of high school behind DGB. He went to a small college to stay close to home because his father passed away and he wanted to be there for his younger brothers. He fell in the draft because of injury history. He does have potential to be an elite WR, I just don't know if MN will bring that out of him every week. He should have WR3 value going forward if MN use him properly.

Uh, Maryland is a huge college.

• Like 1

Uh, Maryland is a huge college.

You're right, I should have been more clear. I meant a smaller "named" football college compared to Auburn,Florida or Ohio State for examples. Obviously Maryland is a big college, just didn't give him the same spotlight as other teams might have.

You're right, I should have been more clear. I meant a smaller "named" football college compared to Auburn,Florida or Ohio State for examples. Obviously Maryland is a big college, just didn't give him the same spotlight as other teams might have.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing as the other guy. But I get what you're saying.

His name was familiar because he was heavily considering Auburn at one point.

Unless you play in crazy 16+ team league he has NO chance of being the waiver wire pickup of the year. He plays in a run first offense with a QB who has only thrown 3 TD's so far, with none to Diggs. He might not even be in the lineup once the other WR's on his team are fully healthy.

6 for 87 then 7 for 129 isn't a flash in the pan. Will he keep that up? not likely, but hes a good talent and runs good routes. Wallace and Johnson do not. He should be a PPR monster. AP looks every bit of 30 now after a decent start. They will need to throw the ball more than people think.

6 for 87 then 7 for 129 isn't a flash in the pan. Will he keep that up? not likely, but hes a good talent and runs good routes. Wallace and Johnson do not. He should be a PPR monster. AP looks every bit of 30 now after a decent start. They will need to throw the ball more than people think.

Beckum had 10 catches after 7 games last year. 50 - 700 - 5 from here out for Diggs is reasonable.

It isnt a flash in the pan? It might not end up being a flash in the pan if he can continue close to his current pace, but if Norv Turner tries to kill this offense some more it will definitely be a flash in the pan.

Beckum had 10 catches after 7 games last year. 50 - 700 - 5 from here out for Diggs is reasonable.

I wouldn't count on too many TDs from him. Just my gut feeling knowing that is a Norv Turner offense.

Diggs is being compared to A. Brown. Might be far fetched but that's not a horrible guy to be compared to.

I picked him up off waivers in both leagues. I hope he turns it on. Last year Charles Johnson turned it on about this time of year. I had hopes for johnson this year but Teddy will not even look his way when he is healthy.

I picked him up off waivers in both leagues. I hope he turns it on. Last year Charles Johnson turned it on about this time of year. I had hopes for johnson this year but Teddy will not even look his way when he is healthy.

Chales Johnson never really turned it on. He had a solid second half with a few absolute duds.

Maybe only 2-games you should not get excited, but Diggs had Aqib Talib back on his heels in the Bronco's game,, few WR's were able to duplicate, KC could not defend him.... PERIOD , a elusive WR cutting on a dime with catch-all ability.....the only connection to flash, stated by above posters will be how fast I PICK THIS GUY UP.........Its very hard to find talented receivers this late in the season, and he is extremely talented....

Dropped Kendall wright for him and happy as hell about it

Same here. I only had $11 left to spend on the waiver wire bidding but it felt good to spend that last bit to secure what I hope will be a key piece of the puzzle in a run to the playoffs.

I'm in a 14 team keeper league and he was just sitting there. He'd cleared waivers and no one picked him up. I haven't seen Min play this year so I knew nothing about him. It was only after seeing him as the #1 transaction player on yahoo with 394,516 adds, then he was on every pickup of the week list including FFToday's. Initially, I thought maybe be he is one of those players that is a one hit wonder and just a injury fill in like "Dwayne Harris." I came to here immediately and everyone in this thread was saying he is the best route runner, and better than Cooper or on ODB's level. I went to youtube and saw one clip that made me race to the FA page to pick him up. It was his route running on this clip 1;36 that's in slow motion. I was like OMG he is a beast LOL. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04TvxQ05Tw

I think I was 7th (out of 10) on waivers, and I got him.

I'm glad too, because I was going to grab him last week, but grabbed Buck instead. So, I was almost kicking myself for waiting.

My only fear is that he's a rookie. I have a habit of picking up sleeper rookies that don't explode until year 2 or 3. e.g. Hakim Nicks (who Diggs kinda reminds me of, BTW)

Then again, Diggs has had 2 good games in a row, so maybe he's ready now.

I was able to pick him up on three of my teams , but I'm not worried about him being a rookie , my concern is the team he playes on going forward , I don't see a very good passing game with the Vikings and Bridgewater has underachieved so far this season IMO . I thought he would be putting up better numbers than what I have seen from him so far .

Here's the deal with the offense:

Bridgewater is underachieving for two reasons, he has been inaccurate and he has no time to throw. I expect the line to get better once Sullivan comes back in 3 weeks.

Norv can't run his patented 5-7 step drops off of play action because of the pass blocking (Gordon 2 years ago). Everything has been short passes (hence the lack of ypg from Teddy). No deep slants or crosses.

Teams are still run blitzing constantly at Adrian, leaving 1 on 1 on the outside. Wallace isn't the kind of route runner to necessarily beat his man in quick fashion and go over the middle. He is more of the stretch the field on play-action type of guy. So is Johnson.

Diggs is different. He is unbelievably quick with his cuts and can do a great job of getting off the line in press coverage...and he has great hands.

As long as teams still game plan for AD, Diggs will have plenty of opportunities with 1 on 1 coverage.

Bridgewater is underachieving for two reasons, he has been inaccurate and he has no time to throw. I expect the line to get better once Sullivan comes back in 3 weeks.

Norv can't run his patented 5-7 step drops off of play action because of the pass blocking (Gordon 2 years ago). Everything has been short passes (hence the lack of ypg from Teddy). No deep slants or crosses.

Teams are still run blitzing constantly at Adrian, leaving 1 on 1 on the outside. Wallace isn't the kind of route runner to necessarily beat his man in quick fashion and go over the middle. He is more of the stretch the field on play-action type of guy. So is Johnson.

Diggs is different. He is unbelievably quick with his cuts and can do a great job of getting off the line in press coverage...and he has great hands.

As long as teams still game plan for AD, Diggs will have plenty of opportunities with 1 on 1 coverage.

Norvy and his massively overrated offense. He cant evolve to fit his team. If he had a great offensive line then sure, 5-7 step drops would probably work. The Patriots help their young o line by throwing quick passes on most plays. Yes Tom Brady helps, but if the 5-7 step drop offense was so great then the best qb of all time probably wouldnt be dinking and dunking his way down the field.

Yeah, this is where the presence of ADP comes in handy. It really takes pressure off the passing game.

I haven't missed a Viking game since 1989. 1. Diggs is for real. 2. Keeper players need to jump. 3. This season will be a mixed bag though. I do believe he's going to continue being the Vikings top scoring fantasy receiver. It's telling when you see the QB go to him on consecutive plays. That says something. It says Teddy trusts him. He sells routes well, he gets separation, and he catches the ball. Right now, he's the only receiver on the Vikings doing those things. However, the offense right now is just so inconstistent. The line is banged up, Teddy is struggling with protection and the Vikings will always be a run first team with AD in the backfield. So no, he's not Antonio Brown. Yet. He is, however, worth a waiver add. In fact, I think he's a high-upside WR3.

I'm not sure if my whole league is asleep at the wheel but I was able to drop abdullah, d johnson and mccown to pick up starks, cmike and diggs, in that order! We run 2 rb's and 4 catchers of anytype, TE or WR, so my starters for this week with cobb on bye are:

Wilson

L Bell

D Lewis

Edelman

Megatron

A Robsinson

Olsen

I'm thinking of starting diggs over Olson.

thoughts?

I'm not sure if my whole league is asleep at the wheel but I was able to drop abdullah, d johnson and mccown to pick up starks, cmike and diggs, in that order! We run 2 rb's and 4 catchers of anytype, TE or WR, so my starters for this week with cobb on bye are:

Wilson

L Bell

D Lewis

Edelman

Megatron

A Robsinson

Olsen

I'm thinking of starting diggs over Olson.

thoughts?

I wouldnt have dropped djohns for starks. If arians turns to djohns its game on. Considering every time the cards play a tougher team the backs besides djohns arent very effective. Maybe the cards win if arians stops playing mind games with djohns and his 'rookies dont deserve touches' bull shlt.

I wouldnt have dropped djohns for starks. If arians turns to djohns its game on. Considering every time the cards play a tougher team the backs besides djohns arent very effective. Maybe the cards win if arians stops playing mind games with djohns and his 'rookies dont deserve touches' bull shlt.

yeah but starks is scoring now, I think Lacy is done and starks will continue to be the man. I'm 3 and 3, don't have all day for long term speculative plays, plus there's too many mouths to feed there. Cmike is my speculation play atm. I don't trust arians to do the right thing. I also have yeldon on my bench. I always go with the volume guys. Yeldon is guaranteed the touches when he's healthy, so is starks as long as lacy is fat and gimped.

Like the move of picking up Starks .