Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Waiver Wire Wonder for 2nd Half of the Season

We've seen some fantasy relevant WW adds depending on league size added this season with the likes of Dion Lewis, James Jones, CJ?K and most recently Stefon Diggs making themselves fantasy relevant. Who's your shot in the dark, come out of nowhere, universally available guy that could be a WW hero down the stretch? Throw your lotto tickets out.

Zac Stacy -- Ivory has been a steal but he's getting little dings that are adding up. Stacy had one nice year in STL and Jets will continue to run.

Justin Hunter -- He's flashed talent but never consistency. Maybe he finally starts to put it all together.

Cecil Shorts/Nate Washington -- Texans are BAD and will be throwing a lot. With Hopkins being the ONLY talent on that team whoever the #2 is could get a lot of looks in garbage time.

Out the aforementioned guys...I do like Stacy a lot. He's already begun to siphon about 6-10 touches. And if Ivory does get hurt, he'd be in a phenomenal spot to produce in both standard and PPR

i think stacy is only getting touches because bilal powell is out. If Ivory was to go down, powell would be the guy i would want to own.

Out of guys that don't need an injury to become fantasy relevant, i think nate washington is the way to go. he'll likely see at least 7-8 targets a game with no foster.

Another guy I've been thinking about that could come out of nowhere is Justin Hardy down in ATL. Hankerson is hurt and Roddy is not what he once was. Anyone opposite Julio is sure to have value. He's done nothing all season but neither had Diggs till he got a shot.

Stacy hasn't been doing much with his touches. like another said Powell is there and also they can activate Steven Ridley any time.

Cards wr M Floyd .

• Like 1

Darkest

He has the mental toughness Coughlin loves. He might start w the goal line and short yardage stuff and build from there. Not a high ceiling but could become a sturdy flex option

I'm going to go with McFadden. It's possible he secures the workhorse RB job in Dallas and excels. He looks to me like a potential top 10 RB ROW.

You mean McBroken?

You mean McBroken?

I think just last year, the thought was Murray would never make it through a season.

Anyway, as long as McBroken can solidify the lead horse role against Seattle, I think he will be a ppg stud for as long as he lasts after that. I'd take it.

Was David Cobb a beast in college? If so, why drafts in 5th round only?

Tavon Austin.

Picked him up last week. He's the 26th rated WR in our league right now. I wish he had more volume, but it seems they are trying to get him involved. No doubt he has a unique skill-set.

Was David Cobb a beast in college? If so, why drafts in 5th round only?

A. Yes.

B. He didn't have the measurables as other RB's in the draft.

Picked up D Cobb in two leagues I have bench space and also Nate Washington.

At this point, the pickings are slim unless an injury occurs

He is now. Per rotoworld on Tuesday:

1. Darren McFadden, Cowboys – Owned in 34 percent of Yahoo leagues

I'm going to go with McFadden. It's possible he secures the workhorse RB job in Dallas and excels. He looks to me like a potential top 10 RB ROW.

I missed Einey's Dog's post...well done! :clap:

I've been thinking about Clive Walford in OAK. Coaches talked him up during the bye and he had a nice TD last week. I liked him better coming out of Miami than the #1 overall TE the Ravens took (Maxx Williams). Carr made a very marginal talent in Rivera fantasy relevant for a decent stretch last season. Could be worth a stash if you need TE help.

Tyler Lockett.

He was a talked about guy pre-season, but he's gone back to sleeper. He's now out-targeted Baldwin and Kearse in 3 of the last 4 games, and matched Graham in targets in those same 3 of 4 games. Plus they finally figured out how to get him the deep ball this last weekend. Look out.

Matt Jones rb skins . They are done time to see what they drafted for their future at rb .

Matt Jones rb skins . They are done time to see what they drafted for their future at rb .

Word. My problem here, and I'm sitting on him in one league, is that he's been getting chances now and hasn't been...good. I haven't been able to watch his games, so maybe it's all situational. But he's been running in front of Morris, and doing squat. Disappointing, but hopefully he'll step up.

Word. My problem here, and I'm sitting on him in one league, is that he's been getting chances now and hasn't been...good. I haven't been able to watch his games, so maybe it's all situational. But he's been running in front of Morris, and doing squat. Disappointing, but hopefully he'll step up.

I dropped him and Morris a few weeks ago. Neither has been doing anything.

I dropped him and Morris a few weeks ago. Neither has been doing anything.

Agree neither one has , but going forward I think M jones at least will get the majority of the work .

I say Michael Floyd too.. Larry is already slowing down a bit and Floyd is a perfect post hype sleeper to continue to put up better stats as the season moves along...

If something happens to Ronnie Hillman than Kapri Bibbs may come into play and could be the guy down the stretch for Denver with cja being the suck...

Stacy hasn't been doing much with his touches. like another said Powell is there and also they can activate Steven Ridley any time.

I came in to mention Ridley. Most talented back on the team if he can hang onto the ball.

CJ Spiller. How is he not working out in New Orleans? Something has to give.

I say Michael Floyd too.. Larry is already slowing down a bit and Floyd is a perfect post hype sleeper to continue to put up better stats as the season moves along...

If something happens to Ronnie Hillman than Kapri Bibbs may come into play and could be the guy down the stretch for Denver with cja being the suck...

Agree Fitzgerald has already been more of a non factor since Floyds return and now Brown is having hammy problems , now Brown still has had two very good games with the hammy problems but that's a injury that does not get better unless you get some rest . Read today That Brown might miss this weeks game . So I agree

how bout the Pittsburgh Receivers?

They were looking pretty good up until Rothlisberger got hurt. They may be nice pickups now that Rothlisberger is back.

I'm specifically thinking DHB (who looked really good in the first two games) but , Wheaton, and Bryant should also see bumps to their production. I'm also guessing at least two of those three are sitting on the waiver wire.

One of them will explode for some huge second half numbers.

The question is.... which one will it be?

This is mostly dependent on injury but Buck Allen is the real deal. He is big and has burst. And can catch the ball. I've been really impressed watching him in his limited snaps. A great lotto ticket to stash imo.

Think Snead will end up being the WW WR of the year. See him having a bigger 2nd half

Had a girlfriend who used to wear Kapri Bibbs back in the day. Wasn't a good look.

• Like 1