Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Cam Newton

I was talking about Cam you crybaby bandwagoner dumbfock. :wave:

You sure you weren't talking about HGH Manning?

fascinating

Some posts really don't require a lengthy response. You want to strip the MVP and face of the franchise of his captain title and apparently you think this will somehow have a desirable effect on his attitude and leadership capabilities. Absurd on its face

he's just a spineless showboating retarded choke artist, no wonder philly fags like you dig em. You relate.

At least he doesn't cheat.

Has the world devolved into one big First Take show? With all these hyperbolic 'hot takes' on pretty much everything except the games themselves?

Sheesh. It's tiresome. The guy lost his most devastating game of his life and had a bad moment sulking in a post game interview that reeked more of Bill Belichick or Greg Popovich answering questions than anything else.

It's okay folks, no babies or animals were hurt. I promise.

At least he doesn't cheat.

It really makes you look like a sore loser to keep bringing up Manning like this :thumbsdown:

It really makes you look like a sore loser to keep bringing up Manning like this :thumbsdown:

Manning never crushed his hopes and dreams, Brady did in their one shot. That's the common denominator with most of the bitter haters. Sad really :(
  • Like 1

Some posts really don't require a lengthy response. You want to strip the MVP and face of the franchise of his captain title and apparently you think this will somehow have a desirable effect on his attitude and leadership capabilities. Absurd on its face

I wouldn't care what it does to him. He isn't suited to the role. Tell another deserving player he can't be captain because we have an adult baby on the team that ESPN likes a lot.

Newton's horrible behavior has obviously been tolerated his whole life, and he's a spoiled brat. Fock him.

Pats fans on full TILT! :o

It takes just a wee bit of coaxing. Like mentioning that 4 SB wins by a total of 13 pts, is less margin than Peyton just had in 1. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't care what it does to him. He isn't suited to the role. Tell another deserving player he can't be captain because we have an adult baby on the team that ESPN likes a lot.

Newton's horrible behavior has obviously been tolerated his whole life, and he's a spoiled brat. Fock him.

The whole panthers team lost their composure at the end, that's on Rivera.

I'll defend Cam for a moment....

The Press Conference: I give him a pass. Why? That was a ridiculous setup the NFL had and they should be ashamed. For him to be doing that press conference in a room with a temporary wall/sheet divider/whatever, on the other side of which you hear the Broncos partying is ridiculous. And then it got so ridiculous that Cam couldn't hear a reporter's question, because all you could hear was a Bronco player doing a press conference 8 feet away on the other side of that bed sheet bragging (paraphrasing) "We wanted to make Cam throw the ball, because he can't beat us that way"...... I've never seen a losing player have to do a press conference as his lowest moment while listening to the opposing team party and trash talk him to the media.

The fumble: I'm unsure about this one. It looked horrible, but I have a hard time believing he made a business decision. I will say this. Obviously I was wrong, but when the ball came loose, I had a synapse fire off quickly that basically said "This is their last chance, its already 3rd and long, he can't just dive on that ball, he needs to somehow get it into his hands while standing and make a play".......Now I was passively watching, whereas I am sure he knew the situation better (punt and get the ball back with 2 minutes left)...but to me the only logical explanation is that he had some brain fart like that. Like he hoped his linemen would flip it up to him playground style. I just can't see that guy not wanting it.....But it looks bad. And even that there that I just said wouldn't fly with the media as an explanation.

It takes just a wee bit of coaxing. Like mentioning that 4 SB wins by a total of 13 pts, is less margin than Peyton just had in 1. :thumbsup:

If you mention the cheating you can be sure drobs et al will spend all day telling you how they didn't cheat and it was all a witch hunt. :lol:

I'll defend Cam for a moment....

The Press Conference: I give him a pass. Why? That was a ridiculous setup the NFL had and they should be ashamed. For him to be doing that press conference in a room with a temporary wall/sheet divider/whatever, on the other side of which you hear the Broncos partying is ridiculous. And then it got so ridiculous that Cam couldn't hear a reporter's question, because all you could hear was a Bronco player doing a press conference 8 feet away on the other side of that bed sheet bragging (paraphrasing) "We wanted to make Cam throw the ball, because he can't beat us that way"...... I've never seen a losing player have to do a press conference as his lowest moment while listening to the opposing team party and trash talk him to the media.

The fumble: I'm unsure about this one. It looked horrible, but I have a hard time believing he made a business decision. I will say this. Obviously I was wrong, but when the ball came loose, I had a synapse fire off quickly that basically said "This is their last chance, its already 3rd and long, he can't just dive on that ball, he needs to somehow get it into his hands while standing and make a play".......Now I was passively watching, whereas I am sure he knew the situation better (punt and get the ball back with 2 minutes left)...but to me the only logical explanation is that he had some brain fart like that. Like he hoped his linemen would flip it up to him playground style. I just can't see that guy not wanting it.....But it looks bad. And even that there that I just said wouldn't fly with the media as an explanation.

the press conference was the same setup last year and the year before..........

They should change it though. For the sensitive sore loser types.

This is how you handle a Super Bowl after losing (losing an undefeated season mind you)

Has the world devolved into one big First Take show? With all these hyperbolic 'hot takes' on pretty much everything except the games themselves?

Sheesh. It's tiresome. The guy lost his most devastating game of his life and had a bad moment sulking in a post game interview that reeked more of Bill Belichick or Greg Popovich answering questions than anything else.

It's okay folks, no babies or animals were hurt. I promise.

Every night, I end my prayers with "and please God, send a hit man to the First Take studios and KILL Stephen Smith and Skip Bayless!"

This is how you handle a Super Bowl after losing (losing an undefeated season mind you)

class, wouldnt expect less from the GOAT. That's how you set an example for kids.

The guy lost his most devastating game of his life and had a bad moment sulking in a post game interview that reeked more of Bill Belichick or Greg Popovich answering questions than anything else.

:rolleyes:

Just the latest instance of his craptastic behavior

:rolleyes:

Just the latest instance of his craptastic behavior

Doing the superman thing after a touch down like the Aaron Rogers Discount Double Check? Handing balls to kids? Celebrating a TD or a win with his teammates? (not taunting)

What exactly is ALL this craptastic behavior he's done in the NFL?

Dude doesn't get fined, arrested, anything like that.

JFC people. Relax, this is football. A game. It's not a NATO convention.

Oh okay, so as an NFL head coach you would act primarily out of spite rather than for the benefit of the franchise. Got it.

Oh okay, so as an NFL head coach you would act primarily out of spite rather than for the benefit of the franchise. Got it.

It would be for the benefit of the franchise. Whiny poosays can't be Captains. HTH

It would be for the benefit of the franchise. Whiny poosays can't be Captains. HTH

Yes they can. Some of them even win 4 rings. Psssst-Brady.

Doing the superman thing after a touch down like the Aaron Rogers Discount Double Check? Handing balls to kids? Celebrating a TD or a win with his teammates? (not taunting)

What exactly is ALL this craptastic behavior he's done in the NFL?

Dude doesn't get fined, arrested, anything like that.

JFC people. Relax, this is football. A game. It's not a NATO convention.

I heard after he walked out, he yelled at a kid and kicked a puppy! Also, it's hasn't been confirmed, but he maybe in talks about joining ISIS :shocking:

in case you hadn't noticed, Cam isn't white.

Cam explains the lack of effort on the fumble and is proud to be a sore loser.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/cam-newton-proud-sore-loser-170600311.html

"I didn't get the fumble, but we can play tit for tat," Newton said. "I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their effort afterward. They don't go.

"I don't dive on one fumble because the way my leg was, it could have been contorted in a way... But we didn't lose the game because of that fumble."

Cam explains the lack of effort on the fumble and is proud to be a sore loser.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/cam-newton-proud-sore-loser-170600311.html

"I didn't get the fumble, but we can play tit for tat," Newton said. "I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their effort afterward. They don't go.

"I don't dive on one fumble because the way my leg was, it could have been contorted in a way... But we didn't lose the game because of that fumble."

yep, afraid and he admitted he's a sore loser. Damn, called it!

"I don't dive on one fumble because the way my leg was, it could have been contorted in a way...

So my theory was right. He started to dive then the ball was pushed up close his feet so he had to stop and stutter step as it was awkward.

What does this even mean

and is proud to be a sore loser.

That's not what he said.

"I hate losing," Newton told reporters. "Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser. I'll show you a loser.

"I don't have no more tears to cry. Obviously I've had a lot of time to think about it. I've seen so much blown out of proportion.

"When you invest so much and sacrifice so much, and things don't go as planned, emotions take over. That's what happens.

"I am who I am. I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going. I don't have to conform to anybody else's wants. I'm not that guy, and I'm happy to say that.

What he said is he hates losing and didn't take it well and was emotional. He didn't say he was proud to be a "sore loser". That's spin and blowing things out of proportion for the sake of a "headline".

And why are we talking about this? JFC people. The world really is one big Stephen A Smith versus Skip Bayless "hot take" show. About everything EXCEPT the actual sporting event. :lol:

And why are we talking about this? JFC people. The world really is one big Stephen A Smith versus Skip Bayless "hot take" show. About everything EXCEPT the actual sporting event. :lol:

You already said this.

And this thread is about Cam Newton. There are other Superbowl game threads.

Cam is still a pretty inaccurate passer for how good he is.

He is a great front runner for sure.

Cam is still a pretty inaccurate passer for how good he is.

He is a great front runner for sure.

The Panthers offense is a down field, chunk play passing attack. Some of that is by sheer design and type of offense they run (rarely short little passes that bump up the %). I actually wish Mike Shula would've called more screen passes and quick slants in the Super Bowl once it was apparent the Denver D was simply pinning their ears back on the pass rush.

But he is a 59% - 60% completion guy. A.Rodgers was 61% this past year. So its not like he's awful. :dunno:

You already said this.

And this thread is about Cam Newton. There are other Superbowl game threads.

I know. This one is going on five pages. Is the actual SB other one even two?

:lol:

The Panthers offense is a down field, chunk play passing attack. Some of that is by sheer design and type of offense they run (rarely short little passes that bump up the %). I actually wish Mike Shula would've called more screen passes and quick slants in the Super Bowl once it was apparent the Denver D was simply pinning their ears back on the pass rush.

But he is a 59% - 60% completion guy. A.Rodgers was 61% this past year. So its not like he's awful. :dunno:

Which is not the norm for Rodgers, he is typically around 70%.

Which is not the norm for Rodgers, he is typically around 70%.

Fair enough. Like I said I hope Shula implores more screens and quick slants into the offense going forward. Those are easy throws and completion % friendly stats wise. Panthers rarely do those.

I know. This one is going on five pages. Is the actual SB other one even two?

:lol:

I don't know ... it was a boring game :dunno:

So my theory was right. He started to dive then the ball was pushed up close his feet so he had to stop and stutter step as it was awkward.

How exactly do you draw this conclusion from that quote? :unsure:

How exactly do you draw this conclusion from that quote? :unsure:

Watch the video. He starts to dive then the ball is pushed toward closer to him and he studders with his feet awkwardly. His quote alludes to his stance and legs being awkward how he was positioned.

When you are about to dive for a ball out in front of you, then it rolls closer to you, you adjust awkwardly and you can no longer dive forward so you become contorted if you dive.

Some of y'all have played sports before right?