Sign in to follow this  
hoytdwow

Antonin Scalia Dies

Gotcha, you post videos THAT MAKE A CLAIM and then when the videos claim is proven untrue, you shrug your shoulders and say "hey that's the video...doesn't represent my views at all."

Do everyone a favor then, don't post videos if you don't want people to comment on them or think they might represent your views. HTH.

I will post any video I want.

I could not care any less that you commented on it either. I always enjoy your responses. In fact, that is EXACTLY why I post them, to watch folks like you squirm and make bullshtt claims.

You did not prove shtt wrong, you simply gave your opinion. Just because you make a claim, does not make it so.

HTH

Now seriously bro, lets not get to petty here. Like I said, I enjoy your responses. Please do not force me start skipping your posts like I have to with worms by acting like a crazy. Give your opinion, no problem.

If you disagree, cool, post why, that is EXACTLY what I want to hear.

I will admit I might have dismissed your claims prematurely here, sorry about that. I also understand it is not precisely the same but there is some hypocrisy by the democrats over this. Hell, Obama even admitted he has regrets over what he did when the shoe was on the other foot way back in 2006. Plus, Obama has not nominated anyone yet and McConnell has blocked it yet. In fact, I highly doubt Mitch has the sack to even try. Time will tell.

The reason I thought the video was somewhat surprising is simply because it came from CBS news. Perhaps I should have been more clear on that.

Have a good night.

:cheers:

• Like 1

I will post any video I want.

I could not care any less that you commented on it either. I always enjoy your responses. In fact, that is EXACTLY why I post them, to watch folks like you squirm and make bullshtt claims.

You did not prove shtt wrong, you simply gave your opinion. Just because you make a claim, does not make it so.

HTH

Now seriously bro, lets not get to petty here. Like I said, I enjoy your responses. Please do not force me start skipping your posts like I have to with worms by acting like a crazy. Give your opinion, no problem.

If you disagree, cool, post why, that is EXACTLY what I want to hear.

I will admit I might have dismissed your claims prematurely here, sorry about that. I also understand it is not precisely the same but there is some hypocrisy by the democrats over this. Hell, Obama even admitted he has regrets over what he did when the shoe was on the other foot way back in 2006. Plus, Obama has not nominated anyone yet and McConnell has blocked it yet. In fact, I highly doubt Mitch has the sack to even try. Time will tell.

The reason I thought the video was somewhat surprising is simply because it came from CBS news. Perhaps I should have been more clear on that.

Have a good night.

:cheers:

So this was all about you shocked that CBS could be critical of Hillary Clinton.

BEYOND BELIEF!!!

:lol: :cheers:

• Like 1

The beauty of all of this is that the GOP is completely screwed.

Does the GOP think they'll keep the Senate, or win the presidency, by refusing to debate the nomination of a qualified candidate like Loretta Lynch, who multiple GOP senators already have lauded for her competence? Just wait until the first black female SCOTUS nominee is stonewalled by a bunch of old white men. I'm smiling already just thinking about it.

Does anyone remember a Democratic senate approving Clarence Thomas to succeed Thurgood Marshall? The GOP has poor memories. This posturing is comparable to the histrionics of a three year old screaming "it's not fair - we had an election in 2012 and lost, but we want to ignore it."

Most importantly, we now have the opportunity to fix Citizens United, class action litigation, gerrymandering of districts, voting rights law infringements, and nibbles against Roe v. Wade. I am thankful beyond belief for that.

Does the GOP think they'll keep the Senate, or win the presidency, by refusing to debate the nomination of a qualified candidate like Loretta Lynch, who multiple GOP senators already have lauded for her competence? Just wait until the first black female SCOTUS nominee is stonewalled by a bunch of old white men. I'm smiling already just thinking about it.

Does anyone remember a Democratic senate approving Clarence Thomas to succeed Thurgood Marshall? The GOP has poor memories. This posturing is comparable to the histrionics of a three year old screaming "it's not fair - we had an election in 2012 and lost, but we want to ignore it."

Most importantly, we now have the opportunity to fix Citizens United, class action litigation, gerrymandering of districts, voting rights law infringements, and nibbles against Roe v. Wade. I am thankful beyond belief for that.

This one might slowly get fixed on the state level. Last year SC ruled in Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission, that struck a small blow against gerrymandering. Now, this doesn't stop gerrymandering but it does give the people a chance to take power from the legislators via setting up independent commission in their own states.

The case rose to the court from Arizona, where voters approved a ballot measure moving redistricting authority from the legislature to an independent commission. Republican state lawmakers challenged the legality of their constituents’ choice, citing the Constitution’s elections clause: “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof.”

This one might slowly get fixed on the state level. Last year SC ruled in Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission, that struck a small blow against gerrymandering. Now, this doesn't stop gerrymandering but it does give the people a chance to take power from the legislators via setting up independent commission in their own states.

Virginia's gerrymandering debacle is at the SC right now as well. Despite broad support for an independent redistricting commission, the legislature has refused to give up their right to draw the lines (gee, wonder why). Two courts have ruled against our districts as violating the voting rights act (all blacks blocked into a few districts), but the general assembly adjourned last summer without addressing the matter, so a panel of federal of judges redrew the lines last month, which are in effect for this year, pending the SCOTUS ruling.

I wish everyone would follow our lead in AZ regarding the independent commission.

(That might be the first time I've ever written that sentence.)

This GOP?

:dunno:

Bumping for the people with short term memory.

The GOP will stonewall for a while before buckling under public pressure, pissing off their own constituents and the opposition party. Obummer has been playing the Republican Party like a fiddle for 7 years, no reason to think that won't continue right up to the elections. :thumbsup:

A fiddle? Probably not, Republicans should be kissing Obama's ring.

Since President Obama took office, 85 of 98 state legislative bodies got more Republican

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/26/since-president-obama-took-office-85-of-98-state-legislative-bodies-got-more-republican/

Under President Obama, Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats. That's some legacy.

This GOP?

Bumping for the people with short term memory.

A fiddle? Probably not, Republicans should be kissing Obama's ring.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/26/since-president-obama-took-office-85-of-98-state-legislative-bodies-got-more-republican/

Call me crazy but doesn't the opposition party always claim seats in Congress? Meaning are the #s you posted above significantly different to what happened under any other president in the past? :dunno:

Far as Obummer goes, the pattern is that the GOP stomps its feet and threatens XY and Z, then gives him what he wants anyway. There is no way on earth Congress is going to stonewall on a SC nominee for a year and they'll look silly for even suggesting it in hindsight, when Obummer's nomination is approved.

Call me crazy but doesn't the opposition party always claim seats in Congress? Meaning are the #s you posted above significantly different to what happened under any other president in the past? :dunno:

His losses have been historically bad. Simple Google searches would provide you the info you need rather easily.

Obamas record for losses, at least through the 2014 midterms, is historically bad having overseen two horrible midterm elections for Democrats.

Overall, Sabato wrote, Democrats during Obamas presidency lost 11 governorships, 13 U.S. Senate seats, 69 House seats, and 913 state legislative seats and 30 state legislative chambers. (Our analysis of legislative seats is off from Sabatos by three. The small discrepancy is likely due to run-offs and recounts.)

Thanks Obama.

His losses have been historically bad. Simple Google searches would provide you the info you need rather easily.

Obamas record for losses, at least through the 2014 midterms, is historically bad having overseen two horrible midterm elections for Democrats.

Overall, Sabato wrote, Democrats during Obamas presidency lost 11 governorships, 13 U.S. Senate seats, 69 House seats, and 913 state legislative seats and 30 state legislative chambers. (Our analysis of legislative seats is off from Sabatos by three. The small discrepancy is likely due to run-offs and recounts.)

Thanks Obama.

Odd that he would win two presidential elections in a landslide then. At any rate I expect he will have a SCJ confirmed in not too long. :thumbsup:

You guys got this figured out yet?

10 pages, some sort of concensus should have been reached by now?

I voted for both Obummer and straight Michigan GOP candidates for Governor, Sec of State, and Attorney General.

So it's the best of both worlds. Although granted, I'm much, much more fond of my GOP governor even despite this Flint fiasco.

I voted for both Obummer and straight Michigan GOP candidates for Governor, Sec of State, and Attorney General.

So it's the best of both worlds. Although granted, I'm much, much more fond of my GOP governor even despite this Flint fiasco.

I tend to do the same thing in PA.

Yes, we are fairly certain he is dead.

• Like 1

I only see 8 pages.

I tend to do the same thing in PA.

Glad to hear you didn't support the turd of a Governor we have in Wolf.

Yes. Cliff Notes.

1. The sitting president has every right to nominate a SCJ, no matter what year of his or her presidency. Duh.

2. The opposing party, whichever that may be, will do any and everything they can to ensure the Supreme Court is constructed in a way that more favorably adheres to there ideology. Duh.

All the rest is just trying to make the 'other' side look bad or semantics.

Yes. Cliff Notes.

1. The sitting president has every right to nominate a SCJ, no matter what year of his or her presidency. Duh.

2. The opposing party, whichever that may be, will do any and everything they can to ensure the Supreme Court is constructed in a way that more favorably adheres to there ideology. Duh.

Pretty much what KSB said except he is an apologist for #2, i.e. sh1t

Yes. Cliff Notes.

Wrong again buddy. McConnell and the GOP will cave sooner rather than later, if the put up any kind of serious fight at all.

Murdered

suspected that from the moment I heard the news

Murdered

I have heard the wikileaks stuff in the past, is there some new evidence to this?

I'm sure obongo is behind this.

• Like 1

What's nuts about considering the possibility, in the context of his political importance; the timing and circumstance of his death, and the odd treatment of autopsy refusal/quick to embalm + reports from those close to the situation?

I don't trust those who have infiltrated our Government, going back about 20 years now. I think healthy skepticism at minimum is justified completely.

You said something similar when we called the Trump/Russia collusion investigation a hoax. :wave:

No I didnt.

Sure you didn't. You don't recall the PM you sent me?

No, and I went back to my Inbox to double check. Do you have me confused with someone else?

Might have been another turd burglar...........

Yeah I dont PM anyone.

You said something similar when we called the Trump/Russia collusion investigation a hoax. :wave:

And that was correct too.

BTW, recently I invented the a device that keeps your thoughts private from the govt mind reading and tracking devices. For only $1999.99 you can get one, cash only.

And that was correct too.

BTW, recently I invented the a device that keeps your thoughts private from the govt mind reading and tracking devices. For only $1999.99 you can get one, cash only.

I assume since you bought into the Trump/Russia narrative, you have several of those foil thingies.

Sorry I didn't swipe right on your profile. I see your rash is almost non-existent now. :thumbsup:

Oops. This time, you got me confused with Baker Boy.

• Like 1