Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

I can't believe I'm saying this.Trump beats the Pope.

Vatican City is literally surrounded by walls. And, to my knowledge has accepted absolutely zero Syrian refugees.God, it kills me to say this, But he has no business Talking about Donald Trump in that context.

Granted, he was set up by the reporter who asked the question, THE TIME Pete's sake, Just recuse yourself ifrom the conversation.

We all understand his thoughts and intentions, But good gosh, This was not handled well.

All I will say is this pope seems to be different than past popes. He didn't build those walls.

Is the pope from the sanctuary too?

First Trump went after women. Then it was POW's. Then it was the Handicapped. Now the Pope weighs in. Sheesh who's he gonna piss off or disparage next? Larry the Cable Guy?

Maybe you guys don't understand. I am a dyed in the wool Catholic. Actually spent time in the seminary. . But again answer the one basic question. How many refugees has Vatican City brought in? When they have aeight billion dollars in their bank account?

All I will say is this pope seems to be different than past popes. He didn't build those walls.

Pretty sure he could tear them down.

Maybe you guys don't understand. I am a dyed in the wool Catholic. Actually spent time in the cemetery. But again answer the one basic question. How many refugees has Vatican City brought in? When they have a billion dollars in their bank account?

Seminary?

Maybe you guys don't understand. I am a dyed in the wool Catholic. Actually spent time in the cemetery. But again answer the one basic question. How many refugees has Vatican City brought in? When they have a billion dollars in their bank account?

That's the diddle fund. They have to save that money for the settlements with the kids their priests diddle.

I'm not religious nor Catholic. The current Pope seems different than the rest. It's not like he built the Vatican walls himself. And Trumps an idiot.

Full Stop.

I'm not religious nor Catholic. The current Pope seems different than the rest. It's not like he built the Vatican walls himself. And Trumps an idiot.

Full Stop.

I can't stand trump. However, Eight billion dollars in your Vatican Bank account And still nobody has answered the question, How many refugees Has batican city taken. In?

And I love this pope more than any hope we have ever had. It is just a basic question.

I can't stand trump. However, Eight billion dollars in your Vatican Bank account And still nobody has answered the question, How many refugees Has batican city taken. In?

And I love this pope more than any hope we have ever had. It is just a basic question.

Honestly? I have no clue

But are we saying the Catholic Church doesn't help the poor, disabled, minorities etc etc?

Full Stop.

I've been to the Vatican and you can't just walk in there. Both statements are being misconstrued.

Trump owned him on that exchange.

This encapsulates what's wrong in politics and most anything. It doesn't matter who is actually morally right or wrong. Who cares most.

It's about who 'owns' who in some exchange.

Donald Trump is a message board internet troll who is good at rolling in the mud. And the other candidates, or public figures are just normal, sane, common sense message bored posters.

And y'all are voting Recliner Pilot for Geek Club President.

We deserve what we get.

Full Stop.

And that is a huge problem. This guy is looking to become a political juggernaut. Running the most successful and corrupt company in the history of the world is not enough he wants even more.

Trump is an idiot but as they say even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

The Pope is a Latino Catholic which means he has much in common with 99% of the people the proposed wall would keep out.

:lol:

Vatican City is less than a quarter square mile of space in Rome. It's basically a giant church. It has neither the space nor the resources to house refugees. Now, Italy on the other hand, has taken in well over 100,000, and you can be sure the Catholic Church is doing a lot to support them.

:lol:

Vatican City is less than a quarter square mile of space in Rome. It's basically a giant church. It has neither the space nor the resources to house refugees. Now, Italy on the other hand, has taken in well over 100,000, and you can be sure the Catholic Church is doing a lot to support them.

I still like imagining Vatican City flooded with Muslim immigrants, griping about the art and demanding a mosque.

This encapsulates what's wrong in politics and most anything. It doesn't matter who is actually morally right or wrong. Who cares most.

It's about who 'owns' who in some exchange.

Donald Trump is a message board internet troll who is good at rolling in the mud. And the other candidates, or public figures are just normal, sane, common sense message bored posters.

And y'all are voting Recliner Pilot for Geek Club President.

We deserve what we get.

I agree 100%

Honestly? I have no clue

But are we saying the Catholic Church doesn't help the poor, disabled, minorities etc etc?

But are you saying the USA doesn't help the poor, disabled, minorities etc etc?

The American people spent over $1 trillion in welfare in 2014. We are the most generous country in the world. We are so generous we have driven ourselves to a debt of almost $19 Trillion. This cannot go on forever, the house of cards will fall.

I picture Trump going to the pearly gates and The Pope pointing at him and saying to St. Peter "That's him!:"

And St. Peter replying, "He's good. He gave us 10 mil staright cash and took confession on his death bed."

Why can't the pope run for POTUS?

Not to confuse anybody with facts or anything like that, but st. Peter's Square has a capacity of up to 80,000 people.Pretty sure they can squeeze in say 4 or 5000 With tents and cots if they really wanted to.

Interesting enough, The colonnades wich border either side of the square are meant to represent the Church reaching out to the people. How do you say irony in Latin?

Why can't the pope run for POTUS?

Because he wasn't born in the US, like Obummer and Cruz. :thumbsup:

No one told the pope Trumps wall would have a big door in it... Compassion and soveignty are not mutually exclusive.

It is not the US's problem that mexico and much of latin america is a cesspool that people are running away from. We need to make sure legal immigration is robust, well vetted and contributes to our shared goals

No one told the pope Trumps wall would have a big door in it... Compassion and soveignty are not mutually exclusive.

It is not the US's problem that mexico and much of latin america is a cesspool that people are running away from. We need to make sure legal immigration is robust, well vetted and contributes to our shared goals

Right, but we don't need a wall, we need a tracking system and punishment for people who hire them. Border crossers are infinitesimal compared to visa overstayers. A wall is the dumb "solution."

"Trump beats the Pope"? Boy am I out of it, I thought it was called 'flogging the Bishop'? But regardless, who cares? Everybody does it.

What goal? What do Americans get out out of letting uneducated scumbags immigrate other than more crime, welfare, and fewer jobs?

We should send the Statue of Liberty back to France. Let them have the world's doormat. We should only let brilliant scientists and millionaires immigrate. Everyone else can go to hell.

I still like imagining Vatican City flooded with Muslim immigrants, griping about the art and demanding a mosque.

"AND WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS PORK AND PASTA? BRING ME RICE INFIDEL!"

What goal? What do Americans get out out of letting uneducated scumbags immigrate other than more crime, welfare, and fewer jobs?

We should send the Statue of Liberty back to France. Let them have the world's doormat. We should only let brilliant scientists and millionaires immigrate. Everyone else can go to hell.

they said the same thing about the irish and italians and pretty much every other immigrant group throughout our history.

Right, but we don't need a wall, we need a tracking system and punishment for people who hire them. Border crossers are infinitesimal compared to visa overstayers. A wall is the dumb "solution."

its not infinitesimal, but ya visa overstays are what? 60% of illegal immigration. Whether it is a physical wall or alternative form of security that is scaleable both on the south and north, it isn't dumb especially in these times.

they said the same thing about the irish and italians and pretty much every other immigrant group throughout our history.

And the Irish and the Italians and almost everybody else got their act together and set about building this country and fought and died for it. I don't see the same contributions coming from the current wave. Pick the crops, get out, come back when they need to be picked again. And don't start any trouble.

Not to confuse anybody with facts or anything like that, but st. Peter's Square has a capacity of up to 80,000 people.Pretty sure they can squeeze in say 4 or 5000 With tents and cots if they really wanted to.

Interesting enough, The colonnades wich border either side of the square are meant to represent the Church reaching out to the people. How do you say irony in Latin?

You know Italy has taken in over 100K refugees? You really think the church isn't helping out?

its not infinitesimal, but ya visa overstays are what? 60% of illegal immigration. Whether it is a physical wall or alternative form of security that is scaleable both on the south and north, it isn't dumb especially in these times.

Sorry, walls are dumb. Hey! let's concentrate our resources on something that will fix 40% of the problem!

You know Italy has taken in over 100K refugees? You really think the church isn't helping out?

You do know that the Vatican is an entirely separate nation state from Italy?might as well remindus how manygreece hastaken in refugees too. If you have a net worth in the billions of dollars And the space to accommodate tens of thousands of people, I'm just saying...