Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Nice Trade Eagles.

All of these trades are sold by the teams that get fleeced as "those future 1st rounders will be late rounders because we'll be so good after this trade". Never happens.

i don't understand.

someone explain, include nuances. :dunno:

i don't understand.

someone explain, include nuances. :dunno:

The Eagles traded their 1st round pick (8 overall) and a 3rd this year, plus their 1 and 2 next year and I believe a 2nd the year after, to take Cleveland's 2nd overall pick this year. The Eagles are going to use that pick on a QB.

omg, that is chinese!! can you explain differently??!!

• Like 1

the eagles suck and will continue to do so.

Hth

The Eagles traded a whole lot if draft picks to move up from 8 to 2 overall in this draft and select a quarterback. He's the guy who throws the football in the game known as football.

• Like 1

The Eagles traded a whole lot if draft picks to move up from 8 to 2 overall in this draft and select a quarterback. He's the guy who throws the football in the game known as football.

thank you.

see, that information is very important but only you know it from your experience, you can't figure that out with just saying they traded number this for number that.

there is more to tell me, feel free to share when you have the time and patience.

the eagles suck and will continue to do so.

Hth

peenie, this is the pertinent information.

I was really dreading the thought of Philly taking Zeke at 8... That would have been a pretty scary proposition for the foreseeable future.

Well, the even better part is that they previously signed a QB to an overpriced contract with too much guaranteed. Oh, wait. Make that 2 overpriced contracts for crappy QB's and now they will have a rookie learning from them. :lol:

Just when you thought no one could be as bad with personnel as Chip Kelly, Roseman shows his capabilities.

Well, the even better part is that they previously signed a QB to an overpriced contract with too much guaranteed. Oh, wait. Make that 2 overpriced contracts for crappy QB's and now they will have a rookie learning from them. :lol:

The Birds have $27m committed in cap space to Bradford and Daniel this year... Incredible.

peenie, this is the pertinent information.

:lol:

Just when you thought no one could be as bad with personnel as Chip Kelly, Roseman shows his capabilities.

I think they should've originally let Bradford walk and just trotted Daniels out there while grooming a young QB. The idea of letting a rookie QB redshirt for a year isn't that novel though.

I wouldn't have done the trade but if they're sold on Goff/Wentz having him learn from the bench for a year isn't a bad idea.

I think they should've originally let Bradford walk and just trotted Daniels out there while grooming a young QB. The idea of letting a rookie QB redshirt for a year isn't that novel though.

I wouldn't have done the trade but if they're sold on Goff/Wentz having him learn from the bench for a year isn't a bad idea.

In theory....but top draft picks don't ride the pine very long. If the Eagles are 2-5, what's the benefit of trotting out one of the other guys? Goff/Wentz can learn more on the field, and he can apply some of what he learns in game action to 2017.

I think it's better to find out what you have at QB earlier than later.

He's the guy who gets booed after the first quarter of his first game in Philly. He might even get booed on draft night.

• Like 1

Having a young QB learn with the Eagles makes perfect sense. Their head coach and their OC are former QB's.

What doesn't make sense is the amount that they guaranteed to the starting QB and his backup, if they wanted to go this route. Add in the huge price paid in picks to move up and it is a head-scratcher.

IMO the only upside to this is that Philly gets a quality franchise QB and keeps Dallas from a young gun, unless they grab Lynch.

I don't watch College Football much so other than the top 3 QB's in this draft, are there any other quality QB's?

Why do I get no love here. This is your opportunity to help me become a better football understander.

Just tell me the ins and outs of this trading thing!

IMO the only upside to this is that Philly gets a quality franchise QB and keeps Dallas from a young gun, unless they grab Lynch.

I don't watch College Football much so other than the top 3 QB's in this draft, are there any other quality QB's?

The problem/risk is - the top 2 are (arguably) not really all that much better than Lynch, Cook and others. Many believe they aren't Andrew Luck, rather they just happen to be the best 2 of the lot... In the case of Philly - they very well could end up trading away the farm for a guy who played at N. Dakota St... Really - a qb out of the Missouri Valley conference is your franchise savior and worth H. Walkeing your way up 6 measly spots to get him?

If he turns out to be a Brady/Rogers/Big Ben/Brees/Luck type player - then of course it was worth it... But that's a big if for a guy out of a conference most have never heard of.

• Like 1

Why do I get no love here. This is your opportunity to help me become a better football understander.

Just tell me the ins and outs of this trading thing!

Read and learn. We have moved on.

The problem/risk is - the top 2 are (arguably) not really all that much better than Lynch, Cook and others. Many believe they aren't Andrew Luck, rather they just happen to be the best 2 of the lot... In the case of Philly - they very well could end up trading away the farm for a guy who played at N. Dakota St... Really - a qb out of the Missouri Valley conference is your franchise savior and worth H. Walkeing your way up 6 measly spots to get him?

If he turns out to be a Brady/Rogers/Big Ben/Brees/Luck type player - then of course it was worth it... But that's a big if for a guy out of a conference most have never heard of.

all good points.........who do you want Dallas to draft @4 or would you prefer they move down?

I personally don't like Bosa @ 4, maybe Ramsey or Elliot.....but if they can make a trade down with a nice deal, that'd be ok with me too.

all good points.........who do you want Dallas to draft @4 or would you prefer they move down?

I'm ok taking Ramsey, or I'm okay moving down... Maybe in perfect world, somebody like Baltimore wants to move up to get Tunsil. We swap #1s and they kick in a 2nd... We could still take Zeke there... Tunsil, Ramsey and Zeke are all extremely enticing carrots for somebody to move up to get. Especially Tunsil - all world, 10 year LTs don't just grow on trees. And plenty teams still would love to have him.

In theory....but top draft picks don't ride the pine very long. If the Eagles are 2-5, what's the benefit of trotting out one of the other guys? Goff/Wentz can learn more on the field, and he can apply some of what he learns in game action to 2017.

I think it's better to find out what you have at QB earlier than later.

I think the Eagles plan is to be patient. They went 5-11 McNabb's first year and didn't start him except I believe the last 5-6 games of the season. They will want to bring their guy along slowly especially if it's Wentz and he's making a big jump. Given Bradford's injury history it's probably wise to not have the rookie as the primary backup.

I'm fine with all that but agree they overinvested in the QB position by a ton.

Eta: And I don't like this trade but now that it's a done deal I just have to hope Wentz is as good as they seem to think he is.

I'm ok taking Ramsey, or I'm okay moving down... Maybe in perfect world, somebody like Baltimore wants to move up to get Tunsil. We swap #1s and they kick in a 2nd... We could still take Zeke there... Tunsil, Ramsey and Zeke are all extremely enticing carrots for somebody to move up to get. Especially Tunsil - all world, 10 year LTs don't just grow on trees. And plenty teams still would love to have him.

:thumbsup:

Read and learn. We have moved on.

:(

:angry: ok...i shall remember this when you guys need to understand something.

As usual, I have to figure things out MYSELF!!

the Eagles sought all along to move up to the top of the draft to select their quarterback of the future, whether that's North Dakota State's Carson Wentz or Cal's Jared Goff. But when the Eagles initially held the 13th pick, it just didn't seem plausible.

our first goal was to try to get into the Top 10

On March 9, the Eagles traded cornerback Byron Maxwell, linebacker Kiko Alonso and the 13th overall pick to the Miami Dolphins for the eighth overall pick. That deal cleared salary cap space while also moving the Eagles up five crucial spots in the first round.

That same day, the Eagles completed a trade with the Titans, sending RB DeMarco Murray and a fourth-round pick to Tennessee for its fourth-round pick, which was the first in that round. That was another move that cleared future cap space and gave the Eagles a higher pick.

Both of those picks — Nos. 8 and 100 — were used in the trade-up to No. 2 with the Browns. The Eagles don't have this year's second-round pick because of last year's Sam Bradford trade, so they had to "get creative," as Roseman put it, to complete a deal with Cleveland. That meant giving up their 2016 and 2017 first-round picks, a 2018 second-rounder, a 2016 third-rounder and 2016 fourth-round pick.

blah, blah, blah, blah.....

:wacko: nevermind, i'll stick to hair care products.

There is a report now that Bradford has requested a trade already..

Rats are running out of that dumpster fire

:banana:

• Like 1

:lol: love it

maybe he can rejoin Chip, or back up Romo

Patriots need a QB

• Like 1

maybe he can rejoin Chip

It's bad enough my beloved 9'ers have Chip. Eat an entire bag of d!cks for even suggesting Bradford join SF.

:mad:

It's bad enough my beloved 9'ers have Chip. Eat an entire bag of d!cks for even suggesting Bradford join SF.

:mad:

the 9'ers are a bag of dicks

Good luck finding a team to trade for a $22m bag of poop. Ha, chaos in Philly - love it.

Patriots need a QB

I know a kid from the local high school who can chuck it for 7 yards at a time, in case they are looking....

I know a kid from the local high school who can chuck it for 7 yards at a time, in case they are looking....

if only the Ravens were smart enough to emulate such a winning strategy :( but harbaugh isn't smart enough to understand the rule book so I can understand him not grasping the patriots playbook.