Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Teddy Bridgewater Injured

From rotoworld.... NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was "gruesome," and that his teammates were "disturbed and horrified," with some even throwing up.

From a non-contact injury? What the hell actually happened?

If he pulled a Napoleon McCallum without a large linebacker's assistance, that is pretty legendary.

If he pulled a Napoleon McCallum without a large linebacker's assistance, that is pretty legendary.

You ever see Shaun Livingston's injury from the NBA? It is possible. Just running alone puts 2/3 the amout of stress required to snap your leg bone. I think thats why you are seeing so many non contact injuries these days. The pro athletes of today are pushing the human body to its limit.

You ever see Shaun Livingston's injury from the NBA? It is possible. Just running alone puts 2/3 the amout of stress required to snap your leg bone. I think thats why you are seeing so many non contact injuries these days. The pro athletes of today are pushing the human body to its limit.

That is a different thing though. Leg fractures can definitely be done without assistance, the Napoleon McCallum injury was a knee dislocation with three torn ligaments, a ruptured artery, and the calf and hamstring muscles torn off of the bone. If I had to guess what happened to Bridgewater off of the limited info we have, I would guess that his "knee injury" was either an open fracture (so not really "knee") or a ligament tear with a dislocated kneecap (my bet being on the former).

I just watched that Mcallum video, wow, but this was a non contact injury so my guess is he snapped his lower leg or completely tore his patella displacing his kneecap to God knows where.

That is a different thing though. Leg fractures can definitely be done without assistance, the Napoleon McCallum injury was a knee dislocation with three torn ligaments, a ruptured artery, and the calf and hamstring muscles torn off of the bone. If I had to guess what happened to Bridgewater off of the limited info we have, I would guess that his "knee injury" was either an open fracture (so not really "knee") or a ligament tear with a dislocated kneecap (my bet being on the former).

I remember seeing the Napoleon injury. I was like he "jumped out" of his lower leg. Being a Vikings fan, and for Teddy personally, hopefully it was a break near the knee.

Robert Edwards you fools. How many times I gotta say it kids?

Non contact injury at a freaking flag football game (at the pro bowl), nearly had to have his leg amputated because he severed an artery. http://www.si.com/vault/1969/12/31/105711801/robert-edwards--john-avery

A lot easier to pull off an injury like that trying to jump/run/land in sand than when practicing on a football field.

A lot easier to pull off an injury like that trying to jump/run/land in sand than when practicing on a football field.

Although we don't know the true nature he could've been scrambling and made a cut or running out of bounds a la Jamal Charles years ago, it just says non contact

Yes but both injuries were a dislocated knee

Dislocated? Just pop it back in and go play ball. Unless there is torn stuff, just walk it off.

Knee dislocation generally means lots of torn stuff. Kneecap dislocation, maybe not, but knee dislocation needs the tearing of ligaments in order to even occur. If this is what happened, the million dollar question is "did he tear the artery"?

Knee dislocation generally means lots of torn stuff. Kneecap dislocation, maybe not, but knee dislocation needs the tearing of ligaments in order to even occur. If this is what happened, the million dollar question is "did he tear the artery"?

Gross.

Via Rotoworld:

It sounds like we're dealing with a Kevin Ware/Paul George-type situation. An ambulance and paramedics were summoned when Bridgewater went down, with the paramedics being something longtime observers had never seen before. Bridgewater isn't going to play this season. The question is fast becoming if he'll be ready for 2017.

Via Rotoworld:

It sounds like we're dealing with a Kevin Ware/Paul George-type situation. An ambulance and paramedics were summoned when Bridgewater went down, with the paramedics being something longtime observers had never seen before. Bridgewater isn't going to play this season. The question is fast becoming if he'll be ready for 2017.

And that would be more along the lines of what I was leaning to before. Something like a tib/fib fracture.

Dislocated knee is the first prognosis, but players were near puking, coach was near crying, and even called Teddy's mom. Whatever it was, it was gruesome. He's done for the year... Hopefully for his sake that is all that it is.

The real question is whether the Vikes roll with Hill or if they go out and get Bradford, Kaepernick, Sanchez or someone else that might be able to help that offense.

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury today at practice. The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage. Fortunately, there appears to be no nerve or arterial damage. Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab.

Thank God.

• Like 2

Players horrified, coaches crying, practice cancelled.

Listen, I am sorry when any player gets a bad injury. I wish Teddy the very best in recovery. However, what the heck has happened to people? This football, for crying out loud. Injuries (often serious injuries, even from non-contact) have always and will always occur. I guess we have "gotten in touch with our emotions".

Listen, I am sorry when any player gets a bad injury. I wish Teddy the very best in recovery. However, what the heck has happened to people? This football, for crying out loud. Injuries (often serious injuries, even from non-contact) have always and will always occur. I guess we have "gotten in touch with our emotions".

More money involved now.

Are you referring to the teammates vomiting and crying on the field or referring to us posting about it? Injuries happen but when it's something "career threatening" I do find it very sad especially for such a young player.

I think the vomiting was a misinterpretation based on what Rapaport had said. He mentioned players were sick on the field after the injury, but in a figurative way. He mentioned this on Twitter when someone quoted him saying players were vomiting.

Shawn Hill had some monster games relieving Stafford in the past, and quite frankly if I remember correctly Calvins numbers were better

I hate to see Bridgewater get hurt especially if its that serious, but as a Diggs owner this is at worst a do nothing for his value, and I see it going up significantly

I kind of agree with this. I was really high on Diggs this year. I'm thinking he's a great buy low candidate right now with the owner freaking out of the Bridgewater injury.

Hill is 36, it's not gonna be smooth sailing. Prob gets hurt himself after a couple games then they will be in real trouble.

From rotoworld.... NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was "gruesome," and that his teammates were "disturbed and horrified," with some even throwing up.

From a non-contact injury? What the hell actually happened?

Since its non contact, my only guess is he slid and his knee/leg got caught.

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury today at practice. The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage. Fortunately, there appears to be no nerve or arterial damage. Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab.

Thank God.

No kidding. Everything I've ever heard about Teddy Bridgewater (which tends to be a lot, since I'm in Minnesota) is that he's a genuinely nice guy with an upbeat attitude, and it sounds like everyone on the team likes him. I don't know if he's truly superstar material, but he definitely sounds like the last guy on earth who deserves to have something like this happen to him. But at least it shouldn't be a career-ender. I hope 2017 is better for the guy.

• Like 2

No kidding. Everything I've ever heard about Teddy Bridgewater (which tends to be a lot, since I'm in Minnesota) is that he's a genuinely nice guy with an upbeat attitude, and it sounds like everyone on the team likes him. I don't know if he's truly superstar material, but he definitely sounds like the last guy on earth who deserves to have something like this happen to him. But at least it shouldn't be a career-ender. I hope 2017 is better for the guy.

Great post, i second this.

I've followed his career in Louisville and the kid is just a class act. Was expecting him to take the next step this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-the-911-call-that-was-made-after-teddy-bridgewater-got-hurt/

When an NFL player goes down with an injury, it's not always clear how bad it is. But in the case of Teddy Bridgewater, it's pretty evident that the Vikings knew right away that they were dealing with something serious.

Just minutes after the Bridgewater went down, an employee of the team called 911 in order to get an ambulance to the Vikings' practice facility as quickly as possible.

In the call, which you can hear below, a dispatcher is asking paramedics to quickly get to "9520 Vikings Drive" because someone there has suffered a "dislocated knee."

Sad to hear about Teddy. He guided my team to a championship victory two seasons ago.

Perhaps he can go all prosthetic and come back as Blade Runner 2.0.

Shaun hill is better than Ponder was in 2012. They stacked the box then. Also had a worse defense than they do now.

I think this just adds a chip on AP shoulder.

Everyone thinks the Vikings season is over. Last time everyone didn't believe AP could do it, he shlt all over everyone.

Obviously my reply would be a 27 year old Peterson is more likely to have that year than at 31 years old. Especially considering the cliff RBs live on.