Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Sam Bradford to the Vikes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/03/vikings-trade-for-sam-bradford/

Sam Bradford has finally gotten what he wanted. Several months after he no longer wanted it.

The Vikings have traded for the Eagles quarterback, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Bradford wanted out after the Eagles traded up to get the No. 2 pick in the draft, which became quarterback Carson Wentz. After a short absence from the offseason program, Bradford reversed course and embraced his circumstances.

Presumably, the Vikings wouldn’t be trading for Bradford and his significant salary if he didn’t embrace his suddenly changed circumstances. Although he could be a one-year option in Minnesota once Teddy Bridgewater’s knee heals, Bradford is guaranteed to get a full year in Minnesota. In Philly, Bradford could have been benched for Wentz at any time — and it likely would have happened if the team had fallen out of contention.

Better than Hill, I suppose, but... :unsure:

If I'm hearing everything correctly. It's for a first rounder. WOW!

Good job Philly.

Lol. There goes all of my Jmatth projections. Him and Bradford had a serious connection this off season. Forget everything I said about jmatth. He isn't going to be doing much this year.

If I'm hearing everything correctly. It's for a first rounder. WOW!

Good job Philly.

really? must be conditional no?

Lol. There goes all of my Jmatth projections. Him and Bradford had a serious connection this off season. Forget everything I said about jmatth. He isn't going to be doing much this year.

I was actually thinking it will improve Matthews stats.

Crap you guys think this affects Ertz? Seemed like Bradford had him on Lock

Wow what a stupid panic move by Minnesota. A first round pick for freaking Sam Bradford?? Then you tossed in a fourth just for good measure????! :doh:

Vikings traded a 2017 first-round draft choice and a fourth-round pick to Eagles.

Holy crap. Even worse than I tought.

The 49ers must be thinking Nooooooo, take Kapinsuck for a 1st

I think they'd take half a week old tuna sandwich for him at this point.

Wow what a stupid panic move by Minnesota. A first round pick for freaking Sam Bradford?? Then you tossed in a fourth just for good measure????! :doh:

I wonder if the injury is even worse than we know? Maybe they think Teddy Bear is done?

From Ian Rapoport...

Vikings called the Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking

ughhhh...drafted ryan mathews in one of my high stakes leagues.....his value prob takes a hit here....at least daniel has some experience in this system ...only saving grace really

on the flip side...i drafted diggs as my 4th receiver(flex) in both leagues and this probably helps bump his value back up a bit after it took a hit.....well see

From Ian Rapoport...

Vikings called the Chiefs about Nick Foles, had eyes on some Ravens backups. Found a Sam Bradford deal much more to their liking

I would have given a 1st for Foles before Bradford.

Who is the Eagles starter right off the bat? The reason I downgrade Matthews is because I thought he would get the Hopkins treatment of last year. Bradford targeting him as much as possible. Now that's gone.

I wonder if the injury is even worse than we know? Maybe they think Teddy Bear is done?

Teddy may well be done, but still. Bradford is NOT the answer

I was actually thinking it will improve Matthews stats.

Why the Fock would you think that

Why the Fock would you think that

Cuz Bradford sucks, sooner Wentz gets in there the better

im not subscribing to writing off Bradford in this situation. I actually think it's a SOLID fit for both teams. Bradford is finally in a situation where he's supported by a great run game, and a solid defense. Plus I think Norv will open up his playbook a bit now. Let's face it, the Vikings pass game has been inefficient but inept of big plays. Simply because Norv (rightfully so), was tailoring his pass game to the strengths of his QB. Teddy cannot push the ball down field. Bradford can.

I think Bradford has some serious upside in this situation. I grabbed him immediately.

I think Minny is really trying to do their best to have a great season in their new stadium....This could be their last year with a 31 year old running back that is due 18 million next year. The big brass must feel this is their last chance for some time.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok. I'm good.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

From Ian Rapoport...

So the choices were:

• Foles whom the Rams liked better than Bradford.
  • Mallet, maybe Josh Johnson.

Mettenberger was also out that and I think that would have been a good fit for Norv.

But IMO Norv + Sam is a potentially really good fit.

I think Minny is really trying to do their best to have a great season in their new stadium....This could be their last year with a 31 year old running back that is due 18 million next year. The big brass must feel this is their last chance for some time.

i agree with this....almost seems like an un-spielman like thing to do ....almost like there was some pressure from ownership....agree that new stadium+good defense+ aps career seemingly winding down=a bit of an overreaction

Not defending, but lets be realist.

You can only negotiate with someone if they are willing to negotiate and you have something they want.

There is nothing in Pro sports. (except maybe the NBA) that will force one to deal a player to another.

That stated we don't know if these guys were allowed to be discussed or at a credible price

Foles

Glennon

Manuelle

Brady (why not add to this list)

So what is left

Sanchez - Broncos hoping to trade vs dropping

Vick (left hand throwing qb on a team with a weak RT) Can he be there next season.

Kaepernick (activism or employment securement or negotiating position for dismassal)

Last year at the temporary home at the Bank. I could have seen them run with a rookie Stave.

New stadium, etc, with hope of potential. Had to be a bit more.

BTW, isn't close to the worst deal ever in the NFL. Herschel Walker. Not even the worst this season. See Rams move first pick this year.

Me, I am going to be hopefully optimistic.

Think this will improve ADP value.

Doubt this will occur week 1 in Tennessee.

But maybe week two at home.

Going to take awhile to get Bradford spun up in Minny.

Bradford will be a great fit in Minny if he can stay healthy. He is probably the most accurate passer that was available. I can see him taking the Vikes further than Teddy and I think the Vikes were very limited with Teddy.

Bradford will be a great fit in Minny if he can stay healthy. He is probably the most accurate passer that was available. I can see him taking the Vikes further than Teddy and I think the Vikes were very limited with Teddy.

Teddy is mobile. Bradford is not.

They better hope that offensive line protects him or that 2017 first is gonna be a top 15

Agreed

Cuz Bradford sucks, sooner Wentz gets in there the better

They both suck though. Wentz currently more than Bradford. Everyone on the Eagles offense takes a sudden nose dive in value.

1st rounder?!?! Bradford is not good, why the hell does he keep getting people paying huge sums for him?! They just paid "Qb of the future " money for a guy who isn't their qb of the future. A week to go? GL getting him ready by then learning a new book. That's not how football works BRAH! Philly FLEECED the Vikes and essentially just got free draft picks.

1st rounder?!?! Bradford is not good, why the hell does he keep getting people paying huge sums for him?! They just paid "Qb of the future " money for a guy who isn't their qb of the future. A week to go? GL getting him ready by then learning a new book. That's not how football works BRAH! Philly FLEECED the Vikes and essentially just got free draft picks.

He will be injured before half the season is over with too :lol:

im not subscribing to writing off Bradford in this situation. I actually think it's a SOLID fit for both teams. Bradford is finally in a situation where he's supported by a great run game, and a solid defense. Plus I think Norv will open up his playbook a bit now. Let's face it, the Vikings pass game has been inefficient but inept of big plays. Simply because Norv (rightfully so), was tailoring his pass game to the strengths of his QB. Teddy cannot push the ball down field. Bradford can.

I think Bradford has some serious upside in this situation. I grabbed him immediately.

I agree. Bradford fits the Scheme in Minny a lot more than Bridgewater did.

This could be a good thing for Minny.

The winners in this:

Cleveland -they have Philly's #1 Draft pick.

Minny's WR's- They have a QB that can throw deep. adds a new element to the offense and this will help their numbers.

ADP- If teams have to respect the deep ball a bit more, this usually opens up the offense a bit and I expect his YPC will go up a bit.

The Question I have is when does Bradford start?

I honestly dont think its fair to expect him to start week 1. That is a lot of playbook for him to learn in 1 week.

I think the earliest he could start is week 2 or 3. Week 2 may even be pushing the envelope.