Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Adrian Peterson torn meniscus - Out 3-4 months

Radio just said MCL....can he come back from maniscis?

Twitterverse is saying Meniscus as well. Depends on how bad and if/how much cleanup he needs. If it's minor it could be a quick scope and just a few weeks.

ok, an athlete can recover from a Meniscus tear in 2 weeks (minor) to 4 months (major).

there is a slim chance he wont be able to play again if it is more serious.

also if the tear is in what they call the white zone on the inner part of the knee they will not be able to surgically repair it. So recovery times can take longer.

As for the MCL, that can vary depending on the degree of the tear.

Watching some program on ESPN and the doc said he could be back playing this week. The comment about the tear and not being able to fix with surgery is valid. The swelling has to go down and just shoot it up with cortisone al la Nick Nolte in "North Dallas Forty". Hell my little French bull dog's knee cap pops out and we give her a few pain meds and she is back chasing the football.

• Like 1

So is it Asiata or McKinnon in Minny?

Don't waste your time. They can't run the ball in Minny.

I often wonder how some of you that run to the bored the millisecond someone gets hurt...how you post while jerking off about posting about an injury....

"Ohhh..mm...Fock yeah AP got hurt (fap fap fap) I'm gonna run post it as soon as I can...ahhh..(fap fap fap)

Jesus.

Tighten up your shiit fellas...Angelina just filed for divorce from brad pitt.

Step your game up!!

I often wonder how some of you who often run to the board the millisecond someone announces they are getting divorced... How you post while jerking off while posting about a hot girl getting divorced...

Jesus.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=458132 :D

AD didn't seem like himself this year when healthy. Now there will be more likelihood of a rbbc. The only Vikes worth rostering for me are Diggs and the D.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Adrian Peterson will undergo surgery to repair his torn meniscus on Thursday and will be out a minimum of 3-4 months.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Adrian Peterson will undergo surgery to repair his torn meniscus on Thursday and will be out a minimum of 3-4 months.

Sure would like to hear some confirmation on this ... could be a typo because a lot of reports have been stating he would be out "3 to 4 weeks".

From her Twitter ...

Peterson has what is known as "bucket handle tear." I'm told that's a minm of 3-4 months out & up 6months usually. Again Peterson has faith.

Of course in my league McKinnon and Asiata are already gone, so it's all kind of academic.

Sure would like to hear some confirmation on this ... could be a typo because a lot of reports have been stating he would be out "3 to 4 weeks".

Of course in my league McKinnon and Asiata are already gone, so it's all kind of academic.

:rolleyes:

Per Anderson, Peterson has what's known as a "bucket handle tear." He's likely headed to season-ending I.R. with a recovery that "usually" requires six months of rehab. At best, it sounds like Peterson could maybe play in the playoffs if the Vikings make it. But in all likelihood, this is Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata'a backfield the remainder of 2016. With just one year left on his contract and set to count $18 million against the cap in 2017, we may have seen Peterson's last carry in a Vikings uniform. He'll turn 32 next March with two serious knee injuries on his record. The Vikings can clear all $18 million off the salary cap by releasing Peterson after the season.

But her next tweet reads

"Clearly, #Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, with his plans for surgery Thursday to repair it as he stated to me, will be missing multiple games."

"Missing multiple games" doesn't sound like a 3-4 month injury, let alone IR.

Well...........bye. <_<

I feel stupid for drafting him. It's a young man's game. Passed on D Hopkins for this old piece of trash.

Unlike Romo - if AP is done, this won't be financially devastating to their Cap. In fact, the Vikes will pretty much walk free after he's paid this year.

I am calling it here.

ADP, who is a first-round HOFer, is done.

This is great news for Emmitt Smiff ( NFL's All Time Greatest Running Back )

• Like 1

Well...........bye. <_<

I feel stupid for drafting him. It's a young man's game. Passed on D Hopkins for this old piece of trash.

Same. I never owned AP and when he fell to # 11 in a 14 team league, I couldn't pass. Shame on me... :wall:

Same. I never owned AP and when he fell to # 11 in a 14 team league, I couldn't pass. Shame on me... :wall:

You know, over 15 years and countless leagues, I realized suddenly going into one draft this year that I'd never managed to own AD either. He was there at the turn for my caboose-a$$ draft spot, and I grabbed him. And thereby cursed all the rest of you AD owners to this.

You know, over 15 years and countless leagues, I realized suddenly going into one draft this year that I'd never managed to own AD either. He was there at the turn for my caboose-a$$ draft spot, and I grabbed him. And thereby cursed all the rest of you AD owners to this.

So as a Vikings fan, can I add you to the FU thread? :)

So as a Vikings fan, can I add you to the FU thread? :)

As a Packers fan, I'd be proud :D

(In all seriousness, I like AD as a player and person. He's one of those guys who I will feel bad never got to the Big Show, like LT.)

• Like 1

i have my finger on the drop button, keep 2 league.

someone give me the ok.

He is done and outlook not good for him really ever being a top dog again at that age.

i have my finger on the drop button for

Quincy Enunwa

, keep 2 league.

someone give me the ok.

Who else you got? A 65 year old RB, no matter if it's AD, is a low quality keeper imo. Add in the injury. It's not an ACL, but he's been running poorly for about seven games, actually.

Cool. Obviously Johnson, and then between McKinnon and the bottom 4 on that list, you have a lot of shots at a nice keeper worthy player for next year. Think about it--how was AD playing this year, and end of last year? Not great. He comes back from this knee injury for a playoff game. How well will he play? Next year, is there any reason to expect better than he did this year, with another year under his belt and another injury?