Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Carrier to keep 1000 jobs in Indiana

I'm moving forward. When does Drumpf build the wall and being back the jerbs?

Maybe you should let him get inaugurated first?

Ok he gets partial credit for this but he gave away the farm to get it. Bernie would of done it better. Instead of bending over and taking it in the azz like Trump did. Instead of giving the big tax breaks Bernie would penalize companies for shipping jobs out. Carrier even released a statement saying this wasn't a big deal and they still believe in globalization.

Trump is a puzzy and a b!tch for the big corps just like Obama, Bush, and all the others. He's no different, just wears a different coat is all.

Awww, now the libs are gonna start creating aliases so no one knows who is on Tilt!!!

:lol:

Maybe you should let him get inaugurated first?

It's never too early to congratulate him though. :lol:

or reverse course on your stated objections to the government picking winners and losers. :thumbsup:

Why not? Obama got a Fockin Nobel prize about 2 minutes after he got elected. Pssst, you're no good at this. But RP would be proud of the volume.

• Like 1

Ok he gets partial credit for this but he gave away the farm to get it. Bernie would of done it better. Instead of bending over and taking it in the azz like Trump did. Instead of giving the big tax breaks Bernie would penalize companies for shipping jobs out. Carrier even released a statement saying this wasn't a big deal and they still believe in globalization.

Trump is a puzzy and a b!tch for the big corps just like Obama, Bush, and all the others. He's no different, just wears a different coat is all.

June 1, 2016 Barack Obama mocking Trump's Carrier promise.

For those folks who've lost their job right now because a plant went down to Mexico, that isn't gonna make you feel better. And so what we have to do is to make sure that folks are trained for the jobs that are comin' in now because some of those jobs of the past are just not gonna come back. And when somebody says -- like the person you just mentioned who I'm not gonna advertise for -- that he's gonna bring all these jobs back? Well, how exactly are y'gonna do that? What're you gonna do? There's no answer to it. He just says, "I'm gonna negotiate a better deal." Well, how...? What...? How exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he duh'n't have'n answer.

Watched the video of this. The question was asked by a union steelworker who happened to be black. It was amusing watching Obama put on his down home black voice while offering nothing. It was cringe worthy when Hillary did it, it's even worse watching him do it. Good riddance

June 1, 2016 Barack Obama mocking Trump's Carrier promise.

For those folks who've lost their job right now because a plant went down to Mexico, that isn't gonna make you feel better. And so what we have to do is to make sure that folks are trained for the jobs that are comin' in now because some of those jobs of the past are just not gonna come back. And when somebody says -- like the person you just mentioned who I'm not gonna advertise for -- that he's gonna bring all these jobs back? Well, how exactly are y'gonna do that? What're you gonna do? There's no answer to it. He just says, "I'm gonna negotiate a better deal." Well, how...? What...? How exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he duh'n't have'n answer.

Why not post the whole thing...since the question wasn't about Carrier nor was his answer really.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/questions-for-president-obama-a-town-hall-special/

I doubt you or the Trump knob slobbers will take the time to read it or understand it.

Trump was fantastic in Ohio today. It's so nice to see people, especially young people, with enthusiasm and hope for our country. Beats watching the whiners on campus. Give it a shot naysayers, get on board for the big win!

Remember when picking winners and losers was a bad thing when Obumbler did it, but now it's OK because it's the Drumpf?

FrankM is a puzzy

Give it a shot naysayers, get on board for the big win!

Dammit..what's that from...I can't place it!

Remember when picking winners and losers was a bad thing when Obumbler did it, but now it's OK because it's the Drumpf?

What winners and losers is he picking here?

one created losers, the other is saving jobs. Apples and oranges

Their latest desperation is comparing the bailout of failed business model to tax incentive for successful companies. Gone from whining and crying to absolute flailing around. Sad really.

Their latest desperation is comparing the bailout of failed business model to tax incentive for successful companies. Gone from whining and crying to absolute flailing around. Sad really.

The comparison is valid...especially given the right and their bitching about it then (which helped saved an industry and spur the economy) who are now praising saving 800 jobs in Indiana while 1300 leave.

Can't wait to hear the criticism on this one.

How about the company now more than tripled it's tax breaks from Indiana, which Indiana will pay for for staying. So now the citizens of the state are paying the wages of the jobs saved. So I guess we can keep every manufacturing job in America when Trump personally works a deal with each while the citizens of the country subsidize all of their employees.

You need to look deeper than just the headline

So now the citizens of the state are paying the wages of the jobs saved.

$700,000 annually in tax breaks for 800 jobs. Under $1000 per job. Each job will result in roughly $20-30K in tax revenue.

Is your side really this stupid? :dunno:

Dammit..what's that from...I can't place it!

Full Metal Jacket

$700,000 annually in tax breaks for 800 jobs. Under $1000 per job. Each job will result in roughly $20-30K in tax revenue.

Could you please show your math work? TIA

If I'm working it out right at 25K in revenue, you would need to generate about 833K in salary. Generously, giving the average taxpayer in Indy a 45K salary, you would need 18.5 jobs created to get that 25K tax return.

ETA: Just found this...The Magic Job Multiplier of Manufacturing

We are seeing growing evidence that manufacturing supports far more jobs in other sectors than previously thought. For example, Intel Corporation has a plant in Washington County, Oregon employing 16,250 people in the design, manufacture and marketing of microprocessors. A recent study by ECONorthwest concluded that every 10 jobs at Intel supported another 31 jobs in other sectors at above average wages.

Guess, I would like to see how you came up with your numbers, since other people are the stupid ones.

Remember when Pence offered off

one created losers, the other is saving jobs. Apples and oranges

Right, but when Company X comes knocking on the door to get saved and they say no, there will be losers. Also, Carrier is still shipping jobs to Mexico, so those folks are losers now, too. HTH

He picked Carrier. Are they going to do this for every company that decides to outsource?

The job losses are on Obama. The jobs saved go to Trump. That's the way it is. Obama did nothing, nothing was staying. Trump did something, some jobs are staying.

Welllll... I guess I assumed it was 7 mill per year. The article I read originally didn't state the time period. So yeah it's not a bad deal if they still get more in tax revenue.

And for Mike his math seemed to check out to me.

Welllll... I guess I assumed it was 7 mill per year. The article I read originally didn't state the time period. So yeah it's not a bad deal if they still get more in tax revenue.

And for Mike his math seemed to check out to me.

On the surface its not a bad deal...that much has been said. Its great for those staying and great for the company who just got a nice chunk of change to only move 1300 jobs out of the country.

What it does going forward is how this should be judged. How many more are going to come forward claiming they are ready to send 3000 jobs elsewhere...only to get a nice deal from the government to keep 1200 or so here and still ship some out?

Good job by Pence getting it done.

Remember when Pence offered off

Right, but when Company X comes knocking on the door to get saved and they say no, there will be losers. Also, Carrier is still shipping jobs to Mexico, so those folks are losers now, too. HTH

Like Rexnord, another Indianapolis company that is shipping jobs to Mexico, jobs might have been saved if they got the tax break.

People are forgetting that Carrier already had the factory built in Mexico. As usual in business, the first one in gets the best deal. If these companies don't have a factory up and ready to go, I doubt they will get the same deal that Carrier received. But the bigger picture here is that they won't build the factory in the first place, because they will get an incentive to stay. Or be punished if they leave. Trump did this with just effort this time. Let's see what he can get with legislation behind him.

He picked Carrier. Are they going to do this for every company that decides to outsource?

Carrier was winning either way.

:dunno:

Like Rexnord, another Indianapolis company that is shipping jobs to Mexico, jobs might have been saved if they got the tax break.

Does their company have Pentagon contracts to care about?

Not when Trump enacts the 35% tariffs on their products he promised. :thumbsup:

And now they got the best of all worlds; tax breaks, plus good PR for not sending jobs to Mexico, all while sending jobs to Mexico. :thumbsup:

And now they got the best of all worlds; tax breaks, plus good PR for not sending jobs to Mexico, all while sending jobs to Mexico. :thumbsup:

And the corportate tax cuts everyone will get too right?

The ones saved are on them. The ones gone are on someone else. Who could that be? :dunno:

How much in taxes would they have paid on the 1000 jobs that are staying had those jobs in fact been moved to Mexico?

The ones saved are on them. The ones gone are on someone else. Who could that be? :dunno:

Lol. The company decided to move those jobs. That's not on anyone but them. And they decided to keep some here due to some concessions that everyone is saying are pretty small potatoes. Kinda makes you wonder why they were so all fired up to move them in the first place.

How much in taxes would they have paid on the 1000 jobs that are staying had those jobs in fact been moved to Mexico?

No idea. I don't know Mexican tax law. All I know is if I'm a company in Indiana NOT moving jobs to Mexico AND paying my full tax nut, I'm wondering how I get a piece of this.

No idea. I don't know Mexican tax law. All I know is if I'm a company in Indiana NOT moving jobs to Mexico AND paying my full tax nut, I'm wondering how I get a piece of this.

I wasn't talking about Mexico. How much in U.S. taxes would Carrier be paying had those jobs moved to Mexico?