Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Playoffs Thread ***Official***

Steph put on a show last night, so fun to watch, special.

28, 10, & 6, ho-hum, another day at the office for the reigning MVP.

Steph put on a show last night, so fun to watch, special.

28, 10, & 6, ho-hum, another day at the office for the reigning MVP.

He's the reason they lost the finals last year.

He's the reason they lost the finals last year.

Had a rough game 7 for sure.

Game 1 is the reason I sometimes wish the Super Bowl was best of 3.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Get a true champion then

Makes you realize how far away the celtics are. Not in the same stratosphere. Trade IT now at peak value and push the window out a couple years. Same with Bradley and Crowder

Makes you realize how far away the celtics are. Not in the same stratosphere. Trade IT now at peak value and push the window out a couple years. Same with Bradley and Crowder

Oh yeah. They'd have lost by 40 last night.

Does anyone really have a shot unless Durant leaves Golden State after next year?

I am super happy to see KD doing so well and having a legit shot at a championship. He was never going to win one with OKC

I am super happy to see KD doing so well and having a legit shot at a championship. He was never going to win one with OKC

:wacko:

OKC lost in 7 to golden state in 2016

Yeah. He joined the team the had the best record in NBA history and lost the championship in game seven last year. What a hero. Such an important part of that team.

Yeah. He joined the team the had the best record in NBA history and lost the championship in game seven last year. What a hero. Such an important part of that team.

I've never wanted anyone to fail as much as Durant. Even if that means Lebron winning.

Fock him

It's all about Durant. I would friggin love to see what Rodman would do to him. Sadly there are no Dennis Rodmans in the league.

It's all about Durant. I would friggin love to see what Rodman would do to him. Sadly there are no Dennis Rodmans in the league.

Dress him up like a girl and go get their toes done?

I've never wanted anyone to fail as much as Durant. Even if that means Lebron winning.

Fock him

Totally agree. Coat tail riding pos.

Reminds me of when Malone and Payton went to LA....so glad they lost selling out.

I get certain guys doing it. Garnett put in almost a decade on a terrible wolves team. Durant was winning.....a lot....they were right there.

Totally agree. Coat tail riding pos.

Reminds me of when Malone and Payton went to LA....so glad they lost selling out.

I get certain guys doing it. Garnett put in almost a decade on a terrible wolves team. Durant was winning.....a lot....they were right there.

At least those guys were on the decline. Durant was on a damn good team. They were right there. He just didn't want to put the work in. Thought OKC couldn't beat Golden State so he quit and joined 'em. It will be the most irrelevant ring in NBA history. Since they would have been favorites without him.

At least those guys were on the decline. Durant was on a damn good team. They were right there. He just didn't want to put the work in. Thought OKC couldn't beat Golden State so he quit and joined 'em. It will be the most irrelevant ring in NBA history. Since they would have been favorites without him.

One thing in Durant's defense, he was a free agent. he didn't demand a trade. He waited until his contract was up.

One thing in Durant's defense, he was a free agent. he didn't demand a trade. He waited until his contract was up.

That's even worse. If it was a trade, Golden State would have had to give up some talent.

I don't think Durant and Westbrook got along great, and how many times has Westbrook gone 3-12 in the fourth quarter and shot OKC out of the game? Happened a lot last year. I think the friction there had a lot to do with why he left. And let's not say the guy didn't want to work. He's a great player. He put up 38 on a big stage. He's a 7 footer who can do it all. He was the best player on the floor last night. And you think he doesn't want to work? Dumb.

As for the game itself....it's one game. The impressive thing with Golden State was their defense. Noticed it right from the tip. They got right into Love and Irving and made it difficult for them to get clean looks. I think LeBron and Kyrie will get theirs but Cleveland will need Love to step up with a couple of the role players having good games as well. Cleveland's transition defense was a joke. That was bad for a high school team.

Game 2 should be a much tougher, uglier game. Not sure if Cleveland wins but I think it'll be close.

I don't blame a guy for foregoing some additional cash to chase a ring. Teams have no loyalty to their players, so I don't expect players to have loyalty to their teams.

I don't blame a guy for foregoing some additional cash to chase a ring. Teams have no loyalty to their players, so I don't expect players to have loyalty to their teams.

He didn't 'chase' a ring. He guaranteed himself one. They were already the best team without him. If he had signed with Houston, or even San Antonio, I may not have such negative feelings toward him. Those teams are an obvious rung below Golden State. I wouldn't have minded if he figured he was the missing piece that could make them overcome the Warriors. The only way I'll be impressed with his ring this year is if Curry goes down next game and is out for the rest of the series.

No team has ever gone 16 and 0 in the NBA playoffs.

The bulls went 15 and 1, is that true?

I don't think Durant and Westbrook got along great, and how many times has Westbrook gone 3-12 in the fourth quarter and shot OKC out of the game? Happened a lot last year. I think the friction there had a lot to do with why he left. And let's not say the guy didn't want to work. He's a great player. He put up 38 on a big stage. He's a 7 footer who can do it all. He was the best player on the floor last night. And you think he doesn't want to work? Dumb.

As for the game itself....it's one game. The impressive thing with Golden State was their defense. Noticed it right from the tip. They got right into Love and Irving and made it difficult for them to get clean looks. I think LeBron and Kyrie will get theirs but Cleveland will need Love to step up with a couple of the role players having good games as well. Cleveland's transition defense was a joke. That was bad for a high school team.

Game 2 should be a much tougher, uglier game. Not sure if Cleveland wins but I think it'll be close.

The problem Cleveland has with this matchup is that Kevin Love is a defensive liability against a team with this much talent. There's really no one he can guard. So if Cleveland has Love in for his offense, they get destroyed on the other end of the court. If the Cavs put their best defensive team on the floor, they can't score enough points to keep up. I said Golden State in 5 or 6. Barring an injury to one of the Warriors, I just can't see Cleveland winning any more than that.

It's a different game now. Durant plays like a guard. Rodman never had to defend at the 3 point line.

He didn't 'chase' a ring. He guaranteed himself one. They were already the best team without him. If he had signed with Houston, or even San Antonio, I may not have such negative feelings toward him. Those teams are an obvious rung below Golden State. I wouldn't have minded if he figured he was the missing piece that could make them overcome the Warriors. The only way I'll be impressed with his ring this year is if Curry goes down next game and is out for the rest of the series.

Making max money, on an unselfish team that complements his game, living in California, winning rings...

Boo hoo ... The league needs to change its salary rules to promote more team loyalty.

Westbrook is a ballhog PG who likes to stat pad... Much better off on a team with a share the ball mentality. So sure SA, or Boston, or some other team that doesn't play ISO hero ball is a better fit for him

Making max money, on an unselfish team that complements his game, living in California, winning rings...

Boo hoo ... The league needs to change its salary rules to promote more team loyalty.

Westbrook is a ballhog PG who likes to stat pad... Much better off on a team with a share the ball mentality. So sure SA, or Boston, or some other team that doesn't play ISO hero ball is a better fit for him

You listed all the reasons he did it. I'm not disagreeing. Those rings are just very unimpressive. They'd be favored without him.

It's a different game now. Durant plays like a guard. Rodman never had to defend at the 3 point line.

Rodman would have denied him the ball by covering him the length of the floor.

Plus this shows you are wrong.

Oh, I guess I missed the part that the Warriors won it all last year.

Oh, I guess I missed the part that the Warriors won it all last year.

They didn't, because Lebron James refused to let them. But they were still the best team. Best regular season in NBA history.

They didn't, because Lebron James refused to let them. But they were still the best team. Best regular season in NBA history.

Oh, I guess I missed the part that they give out rings and championships for regular season records, too. Got it.

If you think Rodman could consistently defend all the way to the three point line you're delusional. And the rules have changed. You can barely tough a guy anymore. Durant would own Rodman.

Oh, I guess I missed the part that they give out rings and championships for regular season records, too. Got it.

LOL

Watched the first two minutes of your video. One assist for Jordan and two fouls on Rodman. Not exactly proving your case.

Watched the first two minutes of your video. One assist for Jordan and two fouls on Rodman. Not exactly proving your case.

The only case I had to prove was Rodman going outside the arc. :dunno:

The only case I had to prove was Rodman going outside the arc. :dunno:

No. The definition of defending isn't getting blown by and fouling the dude.

:doh:

You're well aware that's not the case.

If LeFlop Lames even takes this to 6 games I'll be shocked. Warriors bought and paid for this title before the season started.

I'm still salty about the league blocking the CP3 to Lakers trade years ago.

If LeFlop Lames even takes this to 6 games I'll be shocked. Warriors bought and paid for this title before the season started.

I'm still salty about the league blocking the CP3 to Lakers trade years ago.

They may as well not even played the season out. It was predetermined. Meaningless championship.

They may as well not even played the season out. It was predetermined. Meaningless championship.

To me, the most well earned and admirable title has to be that Piston team from 04. No superstars, just incredible teamwork and defense.