Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Playoffs Thread ***Official***

LeBron went for 29, 14, 11 last night. And they still got blown out. I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it

It takes a lot of discipline to blow out a team twice then be just as ready to play gm3. I'm guessing the Cavs catch the Warriors celebrating the title early and take it.

Not the competitive series I was hoping for, but there's still time.

KD is a great player, and possibly a decent guy. But the ring chasing and team stacking in the NBA is way outta hand. LeBron has done similar things as well. It cheapens the championship and the entire league.

I just came out of semi-retirement and laid 3 times my usual units on Cavs catching 3 points in Game 3.

Reasons why:

1. Home teams down 0-2 in the NBA Playoffs notoriously come out and play well in game three at home.

2. Historically "role" players play much better at home than on the road, especially in the playoffs. The Cavs roles players have sucked in games 1 and 2.

3. I cannot pass up LeBron James, at home, catching points. Sorry, just cannot do it.

I think you see the role players, specifically JR Smith and Kyle Korver show up (finally!@#!) and start making shots.

Bold prediction: I think you see Derrick Williams (who has only played garbage time) get a good chunk of minutes off the bench for Cavs and be a factor. He actually started some this year and is a 6"8 athletic wing who can knock down shots and defend. I can see him taking Richard Jefferson and Deron Williams minutes (both to old and slow of foot). Providing help defense on Durant and taking some pressure off LeBron on that end of the floor.

I had to do something to get fired up and make this series interesting to watch. :(

So does anyone think Cleveland has a chance in this series? They came back from down 3-1 last year, and IIRC also lost the first two games. This year feels different. Feels like the varsity team playing the JV team. So, I don't think so. Does anyone?

were they not down 0 - 2 last year as well?

Magic says his Showtime Lakers would sweep this Warriors team. :dunno:

I'm not sure about that, but I do think they'd be even money to beat them. I also think Michael's Bulls could fair well against this GS team - they were defensive juggernauts.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/magic-johnson-showtime-lakers-probably-123308235.html

Magic's Lakers lost to the freaking Rockets in 1986. so Magic can suck a dik.

If not for that flub, the Lakers/Celtics would have met in the finals 4 years in a row.

Lakers would have been to the NBA finals 10 years in a row if they didn't lose to the Rockets (twice)

Magic says his Showtime Lakers would sweep this Warriors team. :dunno:

I'm not sure about that, but I do think they'd be even money to beat them. I also think Michael's Bulls could fair well against this GS team - they were defensive juggernauts.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/magic-johnson-showtime-lakers-probably-123308235.html

The problem with this is you have to ask the question of what rules would they be using. The rules have changed so much since the mid eighties that it's almost a different game. And the skill set players develop has a lot to do with the rules. KD probably wouldn't be a 3 point shooting 7 footer if he'd grown up in the 70's/80's.

Was surprised to see rascal flats at the nba finals

It's like Kendrick Lamar doing the Masters.

very nice intensity/aggression and defense by Cle in the first quarter.

nice to see klay finding his shot

Cleveland.... feel free to mix in a defensive shell drill or two...or ten.

That defense.....woof.

tough sequence.

Draymond?

I'm actually really impressed with how successful Cleveland has been with JR Smith and Shumpert....because they are two the dumbest players I think I've ever seen.

Draymond?

I'm actually really impressed with how successful Cleveland has been with JR Smith and Shumpert....because they are two the dumbest players I think I've ever seen.

yeah. hacked with a no call on Kayrie, then called on the other side of the court.

yeah. hacked with a no call on Kayrie, then called on the other side of the court.

Yea, blatant missed. They gotta try to keep this thing interesting though.

They still trying to run with GS tonight?

Stupidly yes.

GS has 67 at half.... 12 year olds across the country are going crazy.

House of the street from me in Des Moines has a Golden State Warriors flag outside. I'm like wow you must have been a huge fan for all of the last two years.

Yeah they are not going to give a power forward who is leading with his left arm posting up a point guard that underneath call.

Yeah they are not going to give a power forward who is leading with his left arm posting up a point guard that underneath call.

a hack is a hack

This just turned into a clown show, wet get it NBA, you don't want a sweep.

Cavs aren't coming back from this. Sorry that only happens once. Stick a fork in them. They got their asses handed to them this series

irving is such a good finisher.

way to come back dubs! :thumbsup:

irving is such a good finisher.

way to come back dubs! :thumbsup:

Their fan base of 12 year olds across the country are going crazy.

They've literally been fans for months.

You rocking the Miami or Cleveland jersey tonight?

Kyle Korver open in the corner and misses the three. Got to make that shot dude, that's why you're in the league. (Paxson and Kerr made those shots)

Ugh.....

And Tristan Thompson. You make like 15 mil a year. Geez. 0 points and 3 rebounds? (Curse of the Kardashians?)

Gah......

Klay showed up tonight; that was the nail in the coffin. GSW made shots. That's what it's about.

Tough loss.

you keep saying this as if only 12 year olds watch the nba. you understand that all the 12 years olds went crazy for dr J, dawkins, magic, bird, jordan, showtime, celts, pistons, bulls, rapist/shaq, spurs, bron bron. champions pick up new fans. it happens.

i have followed them since ricky berry, clifford ray, thurmond.... had fun with tmc, had hope for joe smith, webber, and sprewell, and had to deal with a crappy FO for about 20 years

you keep saying this as if only 12 year olds watch the nba. you understand that all the 12 years olds went crazy for dr J, dawkins, magic, bird, jordan, showtime, celts, pistons, bulls, rapist/shaq, spurs, bron bron. champions pick up new fans. it happens.

i have followed them since ricky berry, clifford ray, thurmond.... had fun with tmc, had hope for joe smith, webber, and sprewell, and had to deal with a crappy FO for about 20 years

Please don't forget the Jeff grayer, victor alexander, and Barry Stevens era.......:)

I tease...it's just annoying. Can't stand bandwagon people. GS is just the worst though. Up until the last 4 years there has been zero to be a fan of. Now everybody suddenly is a warrior fan.

they had a nasty 20 years.

and i have memories of big vic, donnyell marshall (who always looked baked), gugliatta, seiklay, world free, marcelonis, foyle. we have had a lot of players come in, leave and become allstars.

warriors are not alone. this happens to franchises that are new to championships. the bay area has had a sold core of warriors fans. i actually feel bad for oakland that they are moving to SF. kind of crappy for the east bay

Yes they were. :thumbsup:

I tease...it's just annoying. Can't stand bandwagon people. GS is just the worst though. Up until the last 4 years there has been zero to be a fan of. Now everybody suddenly is a warrior fan.

Living close to the ghey area my whole life, I tend to disagree with you.

The absolute wost bandwagoneer, shitstainish "fans" here are the 49ers ######.

I'm not talking about the homos here like Beermiester that prolly actually knows 49er history and has been a fan his whole life, and can actually understand why Steve Young was a better QB than Montana, but the fuckin dolts I have to deal with in my area who know ZERO about foosball.

I'll bet that it's worse in Seattle, tho

and can actually understand why Steve Young was a better QB than Montana,

:lol:

The only Warriors fans I know are either from California like our buddy, and long time fan, Beir Meister, OR little kids.

I live in North Carolina, I have elementary school boys. All the kids love Steph and the Warriors. There are more GSW jerseys in Raleigh, NC than anything else. But it's ALL Kids.

Every adult person I know either roots against them or doesn't care. Except for Reality. He's the only adult I know, not from the Bay Area who actively roots for the Warriors.

Ok...You are dumb. :(

i would have loved to have seen montana with those 90s teams. he almost lead a mediocre KCC team to the SB with a walker.

The only Warriors fans I know are either from California like our buddy Beir Master OR little kids.

I live in North Carolina, I have elementary school boys. All the kids love Steph and the Warriors. There are more GSW jerseys in Raleigh, NC than anything else. But it's ALL Kids. Every adult person I know either roots against them or doesn't care.

Well, I'm from California, but Jordan made me a Bulls fan from his rookie season on. Something magical about him that just drew me in.

I will say the same about Tiger and Steve Young (and I hate the niners with a passion)