Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Playoffs Thread ***Official***

i would have loved to have seen montana with those 90s teams. he almost lead a mediocre KCC team to the SB with a walker.

Was Marcus Allen on that team? He was kinda close to being on a walker too, in his final days

Was Marcus Allen on that team? He was kinda close to being on a walker too, in his final days

he was. they had a strong defense, an old montana, and an old allen. at least he got more opportunities than with the raiders. dave kreig was montana's backup

he was. they had a strong defense, an old montana, and an old allen. at least he got more opportunities than with the raiders. dave kreig was montana's backup

I'm going bed right now, but you might want to essplain wtf you are talking about with the "opportunities" comment with Allen.

Mebbe I'm not understanding you correctly. :)

The only Warriors fans I know are either from California like our buddy, and long time fan, Beir Meister, OR little kids.

I live in North Carolina, I have elementary school boys. All the kids love Steph and the Warriors. There are more GSW jerseys in Raleigh, NC than anything else. But it's ALL Kids.

Every adult person I know either roots against them or doesn't care. Except for Reality. He's the only adult I know, not from the Bay Area who actively roots for the Warriors.

That's common for kids though. They like winners. They aren't going to idolize a loser. When I was young I loved the Bulls and Michael Jordan. Nothing wrong with that. Now I'm a Celtics fan and was pulling for them to beat the Cavs but that didn't happen. You are definitely right though about GSW in NC. I see a lot of people with their jerseys around where I stay (live on the border between north and South Carolina so I visit myrtle beach quite a bit)

I'm going bed right now, but you might want to essplain wtf you are talking about with the "opportunities" comment with Allen.

Mebbe I'm not understanding you correctly. :)

towards the end of his career with the raiders he had major problems with al davis, and davis started reducing carries and scoring opportunities

The only Warriors fans I know are either from California like our buddy, and long time fan, Beir Meister, OR little kids.

I live in North Carolina, I have elementary school boys. All the kids love Steph and the Warriors. There are more GSW jerseys in Raleigh, NC than anything else. But it's ALL Kids.

Every adult person I know either roots against them or doesn't care. Except for Reality. He's the only adult I know, not from the Bay Area who actively roots for the Warriors.

My wife likes the Warriors. You've got to admit they're exciting to watch. And the stars (except Green) aren't punks.

My wife likes the Warriors. You've got to admit they're exciting to watch. And the stars (except Green) aren't punks.

I can't argue that. Exciting? Of course. It's sick how they make 3's

Let me "try" to break it down though. Easiest to most difficult.

1. Draymond Green: I'm not gonna even type anything but: Great player, maybye biggest punk in the league.

2. Steph Curry: I'm supposed to like him. He's from NC. He's a small guy in a big mans league. But he's a punk. The way he carries himself, the fake sleeping, the on court antics, the smack talking he does. Its so fake. It's not him, he tries way to hard,

3. KD: where was this defense and swagger last year AGAINST THE WARRIORS? Weasel.

4. Iggy and Paculia: dirty mofos

I only respect Klay Thompson and Shaun Livingston.

1. Draymond Green: I'm not gonna even type anything but: Great player, maybye biggest punk in the league.

2. Steph Curry: I'm supposed to like him. He's from NC. He's a small guy in a big mans league. But he's a punk. The way he carries himself, the fake sleeping, the on court antics, the smack talking he does. Its so fake. It's not him, he tries way to hard,

3. KD: where was this defense and swagger last year AGAINST THE WARRIORS? Weasel.

Draymond is the only one I agree with you. Paculia I don't care about. Curry, Durant and Thompson (when he is "on") are great players, fun to watch and seem like decent people to me. Livingston and Iguadala are pretty exciting too. I know Lebrun is awesome, but his traveling bulldozer routine isn't fun to watch, nor is his exaggerated response to any contact. Kyrie is another story, but the rest of the Cavs aren't winning any fans outside of Ohio.

For people who didn't grow up in an area with an NBA team, I can't think of a better team to follow than the Warriors.

Bron bron 3 and 5 in NBA series finals :o

17 and 25 in games

:lol:

17 and 26

:banana:

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about them. I don't find iggy and zaza horribly dirty...a little but nothing overwhelming.

17 and 26

And?

You're not a basketball guy so I'm not sure why you care.....do you beat up on Jerry West for his finals record?

And?

You're not a basketball guy so I'm not sure why you care.....do you beat up on Jerry West for his finals record?

Wasn't he white?

I'm rooting against LeBron, the Warriors make it fun to do so.

Although, I have enjoyed Curry's game since his time at Davidson. Pretty amazing to see what he has blossomed into, such a phenomenal talent.

Cleveland has played really well and might be up 3-0 against anyone else. Curry and Thompson are balling, having KD is too much for them.

Draymond is the only one I agree with you. Paculia I don't care about. Curry, Durant and Thompson (when he is "on") are great players, fun to watch and seem like decent people to me. Livingston and Iguadala are pretty exciting too. I know Lebrun is awesome, but his traveling bulldozer routine isn't fun to watch, nor is his exaggerated response to any contact. Kyrie is another story, but the rest of the Cavs aren't winning any fans outside of Ohio.

For people who didn't grow up in an area with an NBA team, I can't think of a better team to follow than the Warriors.

Nailed it, well done Sir.

And?

Edjr talking about basketball is like Hardcore talking about sex. He's clueless. 39 points, 11 rebounds, and 9 assists. And averaging a triple double for the series. If Jordan had to face this current warriors team his whole career, he might not have a single ring.

Edjr talking about basketball is like Hardcore talking about sex. He's clueless. 39 points, 11 rebounds, and 9 assists. And averaging a triple double for the series. If Jordan had to face this current warriors team his whole career, he might not have a single ring.

Jordan scored 63 in the playoffs against the Celtics. They lost. Stats don't matter when you lose. clueless.

Jordan scored 63 in the playoffs against the Celtics. They lost. Stats don't matter when you lose. clueless.

But Jordan wasn't the reason they lost. HTH

Stick to buttplugs and abortions. Things you know about, dumbass.

But Jordan wasn't the reason they lost. HTH

Stick to buttplugs and abortions. Things you know about, dumbass.

personal attacks. cute.

class act.

keep to the script, clueless.

Sad

personal attacks. cute.

class act.

keep to the script, clueless.

Sad

Get smarter or choose your topics more carefully. Your act is old and pathetic.

Sad

And?

Yeah, in 2017 we are going to beat up on Jerry West.

:wacko:

Yeah, in 2017 we are going to beat up on Jerry West.

:wacko:

It is pretty dumb to use LBJ's Finals record to diminish his accomplishments. 7 straight trips to the Finals. Three of his Finals losses are to the Spurs and Warriors who may have had the best teams of the last 20 years.

I haven't looked into the stats but I've got to think his numbers these last three Finals are maybe the best ever? Seems like every game he had 30+ points with 8 boards and 6 assists. Guy shows up in big games. He's just gone up against all time great teams.

It is pretty dumb to use LBJ's Finals record to diminish his accomplishments. 7 straight trips to the Finals. Three of his Finals losses are to the Spurs and Warriors who may have had the best teams of the last 20 years.

I haven't looked into the stats but I've got to think his numbers these last three Finals are maybe the best ever? Seems like every game he had 30+ points with 8 boards and 6 assists. Guy shows up in big games. He's just gone up against all time great teams.

His lack of rings will keep him from ever being considered the greatest of all-time. Jordan has that locked up. But as Lebron keeps taking team after team to the finals, and playing lights out in those finals, he's all but cemented his mark as second greatest to ever lace them up.

And?

He doesn't recognize anyone for anything prior to 1981.

I don't think anyone is diminishing him. He is the best player of his era. Will be top 5 all time. Stars get heat...happens all the time for the length of history. Not sure why people run to defend Lebron like people are wrongly picking on him.

But lets be real here....the East is the biggest cake walk in sports. He could tie one arm behind his back and get to the finals. The NBA season doesn't even start until the Finals each year. Once the Celtics got old we have franchises like Washington or Toronto as his rivals.

Two stats:

Lequit has 11 points through 3 games in the 4th quarter.

Durant is shooting like 53% when NOT guarded by Lelazy and 62% when guarded by Lelazy.

Lebron is NOT the GOAT. Not even close. Jordan. Kobe. Bird. They have an impact in the 4th quarter. Despite his supposed stellar stats, this is looking a lot like the Mavs series.

He plays in the Eastern Conference. Might as well be the CBA.

They should have given it to Kyrie last night at the end like they did last year

Two stats:

Lequit has 11 points through 3 games in the 4th quarter.

Durant is shooting like 53% when NOT guarded by Lelazy and 62% when guarded by Lelazy.

What are you, nine?

4th quarter scoring through 3 games.

Durant - 31

LeBron - 11

They should have given it to Kyrie last night at the end like they did last year

No shame there, in his heart, LeBron would rather defer in those moments. I think that is pretty well established at this point. Kyrie has no problem hoisting up the big shots.

Durant - 31

LeBron - 11

No shame there, in his heart, LeBron would rather defer in those moments. I think that is pretty well established at this point. Kyrie has no problem hoisting up the big shots.

Someone seems to have missed last year's finals.

Someone seems to have missed last year's finals.

Yes, that seems to be case. I'll let you figure out who.

Lebron is NOT the GOAT. Not even close. Jordan. Kobe. Bird. They have an impact in the 4th quarter. Despite his supposed stellar stats, this is looking a lot like the Mavs series.

This guy gets it

Warriors have 14th highest salary, Cavs have no.1. Food for thought when someone says warriors bought their title.

Warriors have 14th highest salary, Cavs have no.1. Food for thought when someone says warriors bought their title.

Per this site, which I've always found to be accurate regarding NBA payrolls, they're 7th:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/#hh-tab-team-payroll

And that will be changing. Curry is unbelievably underpaid at 12 mil.

i haven't heard anyone argue this yet. the criticism thus far has been about durant choosing to go to GS.

Durant - 31

LeBron - 11

The first two games were blowouts and LeBron sat out much of the 4th quarters. :duh:

I love how folks make sweeping judgments on three games without context. Anybody watching the games knows two things. 1. LeBron is the best, most valuable player in the world. 2. GSW is the best team in the world.

All the rest is just hot takes and trolling.

17 and 26

I despise adopting individual W-L to team sports. Peyton Manning is ______ in Super Bowls. LeBron James is _______ in NBA Finals.

I guess Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player of all-time then. Charles Haley is the greatest football player.

Rings are great, but TEAMS win them, not individuals.

I despise adopting individual W-L to team sports. Peyton Manning is ______ in Super Bowls. LeBron James is _______ in NBA Finals.

I guess Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player of all-time then. Charles Haley is the greatest football player.

Rings are great, but TEAMS win them, not individuals.

Then why would anyone here knock Durant for forming the best TEAM if he wanted a ring when you yourself just said TEAMS win RINGS.

Just because Durant COULD have potentially stuck around for a 10th year in OKC to see if he could out duel GS and CLE doesn't mean that is the right choice if he wants to win?

How can you bash a pretty selfless and humble player like Durant for wanting to go to the best team in order to win a ring? I'd imagine he knew what he was getting himself into when he made that choice....he isn't dumb. He saw how Lebron was viewed at first. But he apparently did it anyway to win his ring.

Ya know....."Rings are great, but TEAMS win them, not individuals"