Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

NBA Playoffs Thread ***Official***

No team has ever gone 16 and 0 in the NBA playoffs.

The bulls went 15 and 1, is that true?

I don't think they ever went 15-1. If I recall they won 5 of their 6 Finals series 4 to 2. They beat the Lakers 4 to 1 but they weren't undefeated up to that point.

*BUMP*. Got GS -9 for tonight's game. Come on guys. Help a brotha out and cover.

• Like 1

I don't blame a guy for foregoing some additional cash to chase a ring. Teams have no loyalty to their players, so I don't expect players to have loyalty to their teams.

I don't get the hate either. He entered the draft. Went to the team that picked him with no complaint. Made them into a contender. Finished out his contract, and then went where he wanted.

Sounds like that free market thingy you guys love so much.

I don't get the hate either. He entered the draft. Went to the team that picked him with no complaint. Made them into a contender. Finished out his contract, and then went where he wanted.

It's not that Kevin left. You're right, he paid his dues. I just think if he left to Boston or Spurs or well ....any team NOT named Cavs or Warriors he'd be more liked.

Anyone see the play where Lebron turned the ball over, then walked up the court as GS inbounded and passed the ball ahead to Klay Thompson for an uncontested dunk? Yeah, Michael (or Kobe) never would have been so lazy.

Anyone see the play where Lebron turned the ball over, then walked up the court as GS inbounded and passed the ball ahead to Klay Thompson for an uncontested dunk? Yeah, Michael (or Kobe) never would have been so lazy.

Ty Lue was trying to call a timeout and didn't get, the Cavs were walking towards Lue.

Ty Lue was trying to call a timeout and didn't get, the Cavs were walking towards Lue.

No excuses

The hate is absolutely absurd, especially from LeBron fans, he laid the groundwork.

Curry just schooled James.

Curry is a PG, James a Forward.

Kyrie would oudribble Durant too.

If James posted up Curry, and scored on him would you say "James schooled Curry"

:lol:

The hate is absolutely absurd from LeBron fans, he laid the groundwork.

Actually the Celtics did.

And did the Heat even make the playoffs the year before James went there?

:doh:

If James posted up Curry, and scored on him would you say "James schooled LeBron"

He put LeBron on skates, it's ok, he'll recover.. Good Lord.

:rolleyes:

Actually the Celtics did.

And did the Heat even make the playoffs the year before James went there?

:doh:

Point doesn't change, absurd for any LeBron fan to whine about what KD did. Period.

Get blown out again by the way.

If James posted up Curry, and scored on him would you say "James schooled Curry"

Prolly.

Point doesn't change, absurd for any LeBron fan to whine about what KD did. Period.

Get blown out again by the way.

Sure it changes. Nobody is irked that Durant left OKC as a free agent. It's only because he went to the Warriors.

Sure it changes. Nobody is irked that Durant left OKC as a free agent. It's only because he went to the Warriors.

Dumb, especially from a LeBron fan.

Dumb, especially from a LeBron fan.

I do not care I'm just telling you why he gets flack. Its....wait for it.....reality.

Curry is so fkng filthy.

He's just fun to watch. He reminds me of when I'd create a player in NBA Live back in the day.

He's just fun to watch. He reminds me of when I'd create a player in NBA Live back in the day.

Special.

I hesitate to call this over since they came back from 3-1 last year. But it's looking grim. Only hope is the Warriors start celebrating their new ring early and take it easy gm3, opening the door for a comeback.

How do they allow LJ to lower his shoulder and ram into the defender who owns the post position? It's happened 3 or 4 times in 2 games already. He is allowed to go around the defender, but not into him.

How do they allow LJ to lower his shoulder and ram into the defender who owns the post position? It's happened 3 or 4 times in 2 games already. He is allowed to go around the defender, but not into him.

Welcome to the NBA, where being a star gets you special privileges.

You're suggesting that NBA players like LJ are not talented enough to make a basketball move that doesn't violate the rule book, or that officials are not courageous enough to make the call by the book? He'd stop doing it if someone would call it once. And how does Van Gundy and Mark Jackson NOT know what a pocket dribble is versus a carry? VG having a hissy fit over KD working Kyrie down the lane with that pocket dribble in game 1. I'm not convinced that LJ's "euro" step is ligit.

Speaking of VanGundy and Jackson, worst Finals announcing tandem, ever. These guys suck. Van Gundy is a whiney b1tch and Jackson is like sleepy dwarf.

Bron bron 3 and 5 in NBA series finals :o

17 and 25 in games

I liked how the one legal screen anyone set all game gets called illegal because some sniped Kyrie. :rolleyes:

No team has ever gone 16 and 0 in the NBA playoffs.

The bulls went 15 and 1, is that true?

According to this article the Lakers went 15-1 in 2001, which they have is the current greatest playoff run...

The others:

2. 1996 Bulls: 15-3

3. 1991 Bulls: 15-2

4. 1971 Bucks: 12-2

5. 1983 76ers: 12-1

Vegas says this Warriors team would be favored over 96 Bulls.

I see the NBA Playoffs are still as riveting as ever.

you have an all-star team playing against everyone else. It's bound to be a yawner.

you have an all-star team playing against everyone else. It's bound to be a yawner.

They've drafted really well added a big time free agent.

The same thing every other team in the league is trying to duplicate.

Moral to the story, don't sh!t the bed on draft day.

• Like 1

Vegas says this Warriors team would be favored over 96 Bulls.

The game has changed way to much to compare eras, but it doesn't surprise me...

The 96 Bulls took 16.5 3pt shots a game, where Golden State takes over 31 a game... Heck the 2001 Lakers, which went 15-1 in the playoffs, took 15.5 a game...

• Like 1

So does anyone think Cleveland has a chance in this series? They came back from down 3-1 last year, and IIRC also lost the first two games. This year feels different. Feels like the varsity team playing the JV team. So, I don't think so. Does anyone?

They've drafted really well added a big time free agent.

The same thing every other team in the league is trying to duplicate.

Moral to the story, don't sh!t the bed on draft day.

that certainly helps. Signing Durant made this a foregone conclusion. Barring injury, next season is going to suck too

So does anyone think Cleveland has a chance in this series? They came back from down 3-1 last year, and IIRC also lost the first two games. This year feels different. Feels like the varsity team playing the JV team. So, I don't think so. Does anyone?

I think Cleveland wins game 3 just because LeBron wouldn't be able to handle getting swept out of the finals...

I think Cleveland wins game 3 just because LeBron wouldn't be able to handle getting swept out of the finals...

The NBA and ESPN sure as hell don't want a game 3 win by the Warriors.

LeBron went for 29, 14, 11 last night. And they still got blown out. I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it